[ 1 ]
58% 58% 
[ 18 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 31

Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 8:29 am

I am still in shock this happened. At least tumblr seems to have an uproar. I don't believe we are alone badday
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 8:35 am

^Good, because they need to know how much we hated this episode and how many people will not be watching anymore.

Okay, after having vented, I'd like to give a few reactions to what you guys said:

Ranwing wrote:I look at it from this perspective... Kurt never stopped loving Blaine, even when he was so angry and hurt by him. I can buy that. I can see him being overwhelmed by this huge display Blaine set up and his heart overcoming whatever logical reasons he would have to say no. And how hard would it be to say no when practically everyone you know is standing there, urging you to say yes? Kurt was trapped.

My hope... that as the season progresses and Kurt has some time to really think things over that logic and reason will come back into play. Maybe Tina will tell him about Blaine's crush on Sam (going on while Blaine was pushing Kurt to reconcile). Or that Blaine's douchebag tendencies will get the better of him again and Kurt will be reminded of why he ended their relationship.

But given that Kurt's POV was treated so badly all last season, I can't say that I'm at all surprised that they went there. Angry and disappointed, but not surprised.

Still love Kurt. Just very sad that they did this to him.
This. Kurt is not ruined for me.
On the contrary: I feel more protective of him than before (someone has to, as Burt made more of a protest when his stepson was planning a marriage than now with his own son).
Bottom line is that Kurt still loves Blaine for whatever reason, although the canon of season 4 put some serious doubts on him, and he was definitely getting over Blaine at the end of that season. But it's not as if the writers even remember that, lbr.

opals wrote:To quote my 16 year old son, "This show has no dignity left anymore."  
You have a wise son.

AnneNeville wrote:What did Tina say? Was she the only one to protest the proposal?
Everyone in the choir room was against the proposal at first, or at least they all went silent when Blaine announced wanting to propose (except for Blaine minion Sam). There were some feeble protests that they are too young (again that "too young" stick, when noone even mentions that they only got back together about a minute ago).
But then Blaine started his "address to the nation" speech of how momumental gay marriage is and it needed a proposal that would make history in pop culture (yeah, you wish, Ryan), and everyone then went along with it. Because of the importance of gay marriage exposure, not because Blaine is so much in love with Kurt. vomit2 
Excuse me for a moment while I vomir.

Tina 'outed' Kitty and Artie in the choir room.

Jellyrolls wrote:So here is part of what Blaine said in response to Kurt mentioning the fact that Blaine cheated on him:

"We've been through this. I thought you were done with me. I thought it was over. I thought I was completely out of the picture in your life."

This is the part that pissed me off the most.  Because once again, Blaine is blaming everything on Kurt.
 Instead of taking blame for his actions, he has to come up with a way to blame Kurt to excuse his actions.

And then Kurt starts a duet with Blaine after calling the cheating unacceptable?  
Agreed, it was awful, and I wanted to kick Blaine off of those concrete steps.
Although the double meta in that scene (#1 Adam being dismissed and Kurt joking about Blaine serenading him again) was worse, imo.
Ugh, what am I saying: it all was utter garbage. smajli 

Ranwing wrote:What breaks my heart is when Kurt said that he'll never have someone to love him the way Blaine did. This is how little Kurt sees himself deserving of real love and devotion, so he'll take the superficial displays because that's all he thinks he's ever going to get. A 19 year old kid is giving up on deserving anything better, so he'll take back his faithless, cheating ex and accept his proposal because Blaine can feed him a good line.

I'm really not angry with Kurt. My heart is broken for him. This is almost as bad as the NYADA rejection.
Maybe worse, because at least with NYADA Kurt was allowed to right the wrong in the end (although they also didn't show much of how upset he was and his POV back then). Not so sure with Klaine.

Georgette888 wrote:Let us hope so but I... cannot have much hope with the way they treat stories. At the moment we have a beautiful, courageous 19 year old who believes no one will ever love him like the HS bf who cheated on him. How is that their big, romantic storyline?
I can't believe Burt said nothing when Kurt stated that he met the only love of his life at age 19. rentine

Lottie 2303 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:I'm just really sad right now. That's all there is to it. Sad for Chris, and the fact that the iconic character he breathed life into is ruined. And pissed off at RIB for making it happen. I can't watch this show anymore, not even hate watch it. Just the sight or mention of Klaine at all turns my stomach.
I an exhausted and cannot articulate. Everything you said.
Same.

Lottie2303 wrote:On a serious note, Darren's and Chris acting and singing were miles apart at the schoolyard scene. I mean, there was no denying anymore how weak Darren is and how bad be can portray emotions. Basically Blaine blamed Kurt for his hurt feelings and his facial expression were so overdone. At least Chris did his best to sell the scene, no matter much I was "WTFing" while watching it Suspect 
Chris did a lot of damage control in all his (3, ha!) scenes. He showed us genuine doubt, a sliver or lingering mistrust and hurt, a concern for getting engaged too young, and even a dash of not just taking the crap that was said to him (by Blaine and Burt) unconditionally. I tell you: Chris' subtle and multiple feelings at once acting salvaged Kurt as a character for me.

His thought process from his talk with Burt on the way to his 'execution' was very visible: you could see his doubts and him not being not sure if he wanted to get proposed to, especially not in a showboat way, to contemplating what Burt said to him, to 'surrendering' himself to Blaine's proposal scheme and just go with the flow, to being surprised that Rachel and Santana were there, to being overwhelmed by everyone who turned up, and then touched by what Blaine (who he can't get overand still loves apparently) said to him, and him getting so emotional and overwhelmed by all those mixed feelings that he said yes.

Compare that to Darren's line deliveries and herp derping faces. 1sbrski
It's as if you're eating a delicious diner when someone at the table next to you is smoking a cigarette, which entirely ruins your taste palettes. dryy 
Not that what Glee served us tonight was tasteful to begin with, but Chris always at least delivers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/27/2013, 8:50 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I am still in shock this happened. At least tumblr seems to have an uproar. I don't believe we are alone badday
I'm in still shock too, and the performances didn't help to make me feel better, everything was so...irreal. Still I don't know what to think about all of this.

And also I believe we're not alone in this, but I think it doesn't matter for writers because they do want they want.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 8:57 am

^ I really need actually a real life friend right now who understand my pain. I really need a hug. Honest to god. I've never felt so exhausted after an episode. But I cannot explain to my friends why I am so in shock, sorrow and devastation. Maybe I'll kidnap my friends kitten tonight??! crycry 

I want the ratings. I want an honest overview of the reaction towards Klaine without any fandom interference. I want some kind of straws I can cling to.

Question, I couldn't watch the entire episode, how does Kurt look after the proposal?? any chance he looks unhappy/dubious/unsure??! crycry Also did Klaine trend anytime yesterday (like Artei and Kitty)
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 9/27/2013, 9:02 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I really need actually a real life friend right now who understand my pain. I really need a hug. Honest to god. I've never felt so exhausted after an episode. But I cannot explain to my friends why I am so in shock, sorrow and devastation. Maybe I'll kidnap my friends kitten tonight??! crycry 

I want the ratings. I want an honest overview of the reaction towards Klaine without any fandom interference. I want some kind of straws I can cling to.

Question, I couldn't watch the entire episode, how does Kurt look after the proposal?? any chance he looks unhappy/dubious/unsure??! crycry Also did Klaine trend anytime yesterday (like Artei and Kitty)
I didn't watch it all, and I don't plan on it. Even Kurt edits are smothered with that simpering troll, and I can't handle his face or his mere presence at all.

From the gifs I saw, Kurt looked very sad, which breaks my heart.

Klaine don't trend at all because those girls can never get any worldwide trends due to how disorganized they are. And because theirs not very many of them left. I actually had a few former Klainers jump ship because of this episode.

Kurt was trending for a while, but it was mostly Klainers fangirling over how "cute" the proposal is. It's about as cute as a dead, mutilated body.

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 9:07 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I really need actually a real life friend right now who understand my pain. I really need a hug. Honest to god. I've never felt so exhausted after an episode. But I cannot explain to my friends why I am so in shock, sorrow and devastation. Maybe I'll kidnap my friends kitten tonight??! crycry 

*BIG HUG* for you. (I need one myself too) pauly2 

Kurt looks overwhelmed and in doubt throughout the whole proposal song, but genuinely touched by Blaine's words and convinced of his love when he accepts.

It's as if he's just taking a leap of faith.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 9:29 am

@ColdFlame: Don't. I watched one scene and Darren is so bad at acting, it really is pathetic. The entire speech is basically an entire FU to Kurt, Kutsies, Kadamers and anyone who cares for Kurt. Basically he only gets blamed again. Who wrote that script and what happened to them to have such screwed perspectives of love?

@Marie: Based on the one spoiler pic, I will hold on the very last, final, weak straw. This cannot be happening. This is just character assassination at its finest. How can they let go so easily of the Kurt fandom just to please Blarren fans? How? I don't get it.

At least TV-line is blunt and honest in their recap and call the proposal passive aggrieve (and even aggressive-aggressive). Even the paid media outlets catch on. FOX really did one major fuck up with the SL.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/27/2013, 9:34 am

Glorfindel wrote:

It's as if he's just taking a leap of faith.

That's exactly how it came across to me this morning when I rewatched the episode. Kurt knows all the reasons that he shouldn't accept Blaine's proposal. Hell, we could all probably recite a dozen off the tops of our heads. Too young, relationship too unsteady and new at this stage, too much trust rebuilding needing to be done... But in the end the message that the episode was shoving down our throats is that love can overcome all that. So Kurt is taking a chance.

Will it work? I don't think that the odds are at all in their favor. As all of us have been saying for weeks, Blaine has done little to try to rebuild the trust that he completely shattered. They are still going to be seperated until Blaine graduates and then being reunited depends entirely on Blaine being admitted to NYADA (or at least another NYC school), and this is not something that they can say for certain will happen. There are too many variables simply because they are both so young and still at the point that they are figuring out what direction their lives are going in (and they may find that they're not going in the same direction).

Both Kurt and Blaine seem to be going into this out of a sense of real insecurity. Blaine because he feels that if he doesn't, he'll lose Kurt completely and Kurt because he's afraid that he won't ever find the kind of love he had with Blaine (when things were good). Loving one another is only part of the equation and Burt did make that point. Building the life together is what marriage is really about and they are no where near that point. This may be a pretty brief engagement.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 9:35 am

^
Spoiler:
Maybe Kurt really isn't wearing an engagement ring in E04?! unsure saispa 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 9:53 am

Ranwing wrote:
That's exactly how it came across to me this morning when I rewatched the episode. Kurt knows all the reasons that he shouldn't accept Blaine's proposal. Hell, we could all probably recite a dozen off the tops of our heads. Too young, relationship too unsteady and new at this stage, too much trust rebuilding needing to be done... But in the end the message that the episode was shoving down our throats is that love can overcome all that. So Kurt is taking a chance.
Plus "Klaine is ENDGAME!!!!!1!!111!!".
They really laid that on heavily with Burt talking about being glad he met Kurt's mom so young, Kurt saying that Blaine was the only one who he would ever love that much, and especially Blaine's crap talk about how they met in previous lives and always were together.

Blegh.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 9:56 am

When Marley is our GPOY:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character development
tumblr

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 9:59 am

^ Bahaha, I suddenly like Marley. Why did I ever dislike her??!

The second row of gif is just wrong on so many levels... I want to puke. Again. vomir 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 10:11 am

Let's concentrate for a moment on the better 'parts' of the episode:

x

I thought this was funny too:

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/27/2013, 10:37 am

Bah... I was up sick a good portion of the night (which had nothing to do with the episode) so I'm in a bad mood.

Rachel's behavior during this audition process just really screams how unready she really is for this huge role. She might think that she's ready, but outside of her singing, her callback was a bust.

Let's start with her line reading (which I touched upon earlier). This wouldn't get her a part in a school play, let alone a Broadway stage. The rushing I can forgive (due to what had to be an enormous case of nerves), but it was the overt mimicking of Streisand, right down to her very speach pattern that killed her. It just showed her to be a rank amatuer that I wasn't at all surprised that the director cut the reading short and didn't give her the chance to regroup since she was obviously nervous. And as soon as she was dismissed, both the director and the male actor just tuned her out, as if she wasn't there. Stick a fork in her, because Rachel was done.

And then we get how she responded to them at the diner. I get that Rachel had to be smarting over being dismissed as likely being too green (that had to hurt her as much as it hurt Kurt when he overheard the directors of WSS dismiss him as not masculine enough), but how she acted at the diner very likely killed whatever shot she had of getting that part. She was confrontational and agressive (rather than assertive) and instead of showing herself to be a professional (which would have been to appologise for the poor reading because of her nerves and ask to try again, owning up to her inexperience), she just insisted that she was a professional and a star. Instead of owning her own flaws as a performer (which she has many), she placed the responsibility for the problem on her potential employer. It wasn't that she wasn't good enough. It was that he didn't see it.

It reminded me a lot of a toddler stamping her feet and demanding to be acknowledged as a grown-up, when all it did was prove just how green she really is.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 10:45 am

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 10:56 am

x

"He makes me feel so connected..." - when Blaine forgets about Kurt the moment he's not in the same room.
"...and safe and loved..." - when Blaine f*cked a random after 2 weeks seperation and then blamed it on Kurt.
"And I don't think I'm ever gonna find someone else that's gonna make me feel like that." - And Burt says nothing to his 19 year old son about this?!?

How can they not see how horribly wrong this all is? What a terrible message to give to teenagers.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 11:04 am

^ They don't care and always had very screwed perceptions of romantic relationships. Finchel was just as toxic and they never would have ended those two, no matter how ridiculous it became.

I just hope the backlash will help somehow. And I'd love to see a fair representation what the GA really thought about the proposal.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 9/27/2013, 11:08 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ They don't care and always had very screwed perceptions of romantic relationships. Finchel was just as toxic and they never would have ended those two, no matter how ridiculous it became.

I just hope the backlash will help somehow. And I'd love to see a fair representation what the GA really thought about the proposal.
Basically the reaction is: "it doesn't make sense, but they are so cuuuuuuuuuuute together" vomir

It really make me want to CRY.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 11:10 am

I didn't venture into the #Klaine, but looking at Tvline and Co many point out how much they hate the proposal. So I'd really like to have a fair representation, but I assume we all perceive it differently?
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 9/27/2013, 11:17 am

I'm so angry and sad, and I want to shake some sense into Kurt as well as hug him and take him back to New York where he belongs. I can't believe Burt would just take his son to a proposal from an ex (who's a high school student) he just got back together with, when Kurt was so clearly uncomfortable. And I'm sad that Kurt seems to have such low self-esteem.

However, I'm glad he's standing up for himself more...he told Blaine not to sing to him while he sat and watched (though Blaine hijacked his song, and then proposed to him in song. Oh and Blaine, what reason was there for you to hug Sebastian?). I'm a bitter, bitter person right now.

I guess I can look forward to seeing Kurt back in New York though.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 9/27/2013, 11:32 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I didn't venture into the #Klaine, but looking at Tvline and Co many point out how much they hate the proposal. So I'd really like to have a fair representation, but I assume we all perceive it differently?
In the comments, lots are pissed at the SL, but I also see a lot of "the proposal was fantastic" and "Blaine's speech was lovely" (but hey, that was typical fanfiction, this speech, no wonder some are fawning over it without realizing how stupid this vision of what a relationship is is...)

But the "too much Blaine" is quite a shared sentiment, and not by Kurtsies only, but basically all the other people that are not kissing Blarren's ass.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 11:34 am

coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I didn't venture into the #Klaine, but looking at Tvline and Co many point out how much they hate the proposal. So I'd really like to have a fair representation, but I assume we all perceive it differently?
In the comments, lots are pissed at the SL, but I also see a lot of "the proposal was fantastic" and "Blaine's speech was lovely" (but hey, that was typical fanfiction, this speech, no wonder some are fawning over it without realizing how stupid this vision of what a relationship is is...)

But the "too much Blaine" is quite a shared sentiment, and not by Kurtsies only, but basically all the other people that are not kissing Blarren's ass.
Thanks. I just read a few reviews and a few are saying how great the speech was. Last time I checked, a successful relationship/marriage needs more then having a great speech. Thank God TVline is actually brave enough to state the truth! This entire storyline really, really is the top of the cake from all the fuckery Glee ever committed antifana 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 9/27/2013, 11:43 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
coxfire wrote:

Thanks. I just read a few reviews and a few are saying how great the speech was. Last time I checked, a successful relationship/marriage needs more then having a great speech. Thank God TVline is actually brave enough to state the truth! This entire storyline really, really is the top of the cake from all the fuckery Glee ever committed antifana 
Tvline always states the truth because Michael Slezak isn't blinded by Blarren goggles. What did The Backlot say?

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/27/2013, 11:47 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
coxfire wrote:

Tvline always states the truth because Michael Slezak isn't blinded by Blarren goggles. What did The Backlot say?
You don't want to know. :angry:

But someone posted it on tumblr so we see it sometime. It is just sickening. vomir
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 11:48 am

^ It was the most romantic proposal blinkk 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down