[ 1 ]
58% 58% 
[ 18 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 31

Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 2/24/2014, 12:31 am

thank god i read your comments first. it saved me the heart burn of reading those awful scripts.

on the other hand, why bother to read the scripts? the writing is the worst part of the show. i'd rather the actors all act w/o a script. i am sure in that case kurt will make out w/ starchild in no time.  Smile 
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 2/24/2014, 1:06 am

Wow, after reading this you just have to imagine that if someone ever designed a Richter scale for sheer awfulness of writing they would have had to redo the whole dang scale just for that scene. OMG. I am just shaking my head for them putting Kurt, whom I find stronger and more masculine than Blaine (he just has a higher voice) in the perceived weak feminine role. They should at least had him call them groomspeople.

All I know, is that my own little head canon will have Kurt immediately getting a divorce when this show ends, because I can never believe that someone like Blaine Anderson could be his equal, let alone the superior the writers obviously think he is. Kurt deserves a true equal, plus one who knows just how dang lucky he is to score one Kurt Hummel, and spend the rest of his life treating him like a prince.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/24/2014, 1:14 am

Divalicious wrote:Wow, after reading this you just have to imagine that if someone ever designed a Richter scale for sheer awfulness of writing they would have had to redo the whole dang scale just for that scene.  OMG.  I am just shaking my head for them putting Kurt, whom I find stronger and more masculine than Blaine (he just has a higher voice) in the perceived weak feminine role.  They should at least had him call them groomspeople.  

All I know, is that my own little head canon will have Kurt immediately getting a divorce when this show ends, because I can never believe that someone like Blaine Anderson could be his equal, let alone the superior the writers obviously think he is.  Kurt deserves a true equal, plus one who knows just how dang lucky he is to score one Kurt Hummel, and spend the rest of his life treating him like a prince.

Santana's lines was the best out of that crap, even though insulting, but she describes Klaine for what it will become.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick on 2/24/2014, 2:02 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Divalicious wrote:Wow, after reading this you just have to imagine that if someone ever designed a Richter scale for sheer awfulness of writing they would have had to redo the whole dang scale just for that scene.  OMG.  I am just shaking my head for them putting Kurt, whom I find stronger and more masculine than Blaine (he just has a higher voice) in the perceived weak feminine role.  They should at least had him call them groomspeople.  

All I know, is that my own little head canon will have Kurt immediately getting a divorce when this show ends, because I can never believe that someone like Blaine Anderson could be his equal, let alone the superior the writers obviously think he is.  Kurt deserves a true equal, plus one who knows just how dang lucky he is to score one Kurt Hummel, and spend the rest of his life treating him like a prince.

Santana's lines was the best out of that crap, even though insulting, but she describes Klaine for what it will become.

Though its through complete bitchyness, when she guesses something (like with Brody, and the script) she may not be completely right but she's usually close.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris Colfer is perfect~ wub 
I am perfectly crazy.  lol!
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa on 2/24/2014, 2:37 am

Nothing will convince me now that these writers don't just pull all these lines from Klaine fan fic - really, really badly written Klaine fan fic. These people are supposed to be professionals, and this is the best crap they can come up with? The effeminophobic stuff especially, and trying to force Klaine into heteronormative roles, has never been compelling or funny, only offensive, but they will never get it.

Evil or Very Mad 
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 2/24/2014, 2:48 am

angelnessa wrote:Nothing will convince me now that these writers don't just pull all these lines from Klaine fan fic - really, really badly written Klaine fan fic. These people are supposed to be professionals, and this is the best crap they can come up with? The effeminophobic stuff especially, and trying to force Klaine into heteronormative roles, has never been compelling or funny, only offensive, but they will never get it.

Evil or Very Mad 

Great points. I agree  with  the  entire post.  Evil or Very Mad 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 2/24/2014, 4:15 am

Ugh! That is all I'm going to say. So essentially we know now Kurt will be arranging the wedding and being Prince Charming's princess. Ugh, again!
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 2/24/2014, 4:24 am

valkeakuulas wrote:Ugh! That is all I'm going to say. So essentially we know now Kurt will be arranging the wedding and being Prince Charming's princess. Ugh, again!

I agree. I will be watching Tuesday's episode but after that I am done with Glee. I might come back if Klaine Break-up The engagement is called off. I am 99% sure it won't happened so I will not be back.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/24/2014, 4:57 am

Jellyrolls wrote:So, I have to ask.  Anyone else find the timing of the release of this script interesting?  The same weekend we get
Spoiler:
the wonderful StarKurt sneak peek and the StarKurt duet
we get this crap?  You think the release was to calm down the crazies?
Klainers (The Box Scene project) basically bought the scripts at Brad Falchuk 's charity auction this weekend. They are bragging that their fandom is so good and big for collecting charity money again, when in fact they're only doing it to get their hands on these scripts and to suck up to Brad Falchuk.  Rolling Eyes

-ETA-
Imo it's no coincidence that the script at the auction were 2x06 (when Kurt met Blaine), 2x11 (of which the fandom knew there was a cut scene with Kurt and Blaine in it) and 5x01 (which had the Klaine proposal).
Brad is playing into the eagerness of the Klainers nicely here, to get more money for his charity.  Rolling Eyes 

angelnessa wrote:Nothing will convince me now that these writers don't just pull all these lines from Klaine fan fic - really, really badly written Klaine fan fic. These people are supposed to be professionals, and this is the best crap they can come up with? The effeminophobic stuff especially, and trying to force Klaine into heteronormative roles, has never been compelling or funny, only offensive, but they will never get it.

Evil or Very Mad 
That "Prince Charming" line could have been taken from most Klainer12 tumblrs.  vomit2 
A Prince Charming who has no trouble 'charming' his way into Eli C's bed and serenading his straight bro with a desperate love song while in the mean time still declaring Kurt to be his soulmate.  Rolling Eyes 

Picturing Kurt as the bride and Blaine as the knight in shining armour resqueing damsel in distress Kurt from being alone forever..... that's so badly written and heteronormative/effemiphobic I think even teenaged fanfic writers would be ashamed of putting that crap out there.
It's so..... typical hypocritical and blind-by-unrealistic-romantic extreme Klainers writing.  Evil or Very Mad  You'd expect this on tumblr, but not in a script of actual professional tv show writers.

And one of these writers is gay himself! (Noone can convince me that Klaine is nothing else than a wet dream come true for Ryan Murphy, with him picturing himself being Kurt and Blaine his very own Prince Charming).
BTW: Brad wrote this script, and as he comes across to me as a lover of cheesy old-fashioned romance I think he really projects Klaine into a heteronormative relationship.
Unbelievable.  vomir

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/24/2014, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding an ETA)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning on 2/24/2014, 5:17 am

I am so offended by this none sense! Glee makes zero sense, like seriously Kurt looked unsure at the end of the deleted scene, then looked like he was going to his death in the car, then looked like he made the worst mistake of his life after he said yes, wtf is going on?! Ryan better make sense soon! He needs to end Klaine and make Kurt snap at Blaine for once! This is too unrealistic and embarassing for gay people every where! This is not romantic, this is abusive to me! I never felt so mentally and emotionally ebused in my life from a couple but Klaine! Klaine will make me lose all faith in thoiusands of humanity that are klainer12+

ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/24/2014, 6:10 am

I am starting to think these cut scenes are bogus and were written up recently to lure Klainers to raise money for Brad's charity.  Rolling Eyes

I know we have a screenshot of Kurt and the girls, so this one here might be genuine.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 2/24/2014, 6:14 am

ColferInspired wrote:I am starting to think these cut scenes are bogus and were written up recently to lure Klainers to raise money for Brad's charity.  Rolling Eyes

You could be right. Would not be totally surprise if this is the case. Klaine should not have gotten back together and engaged. Especially the way they happened.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 2/24/2014, 6:38 am

Well, this doesn't give me hope for the future. RIB having the words "Prince Charming" come out of Kurt's mouth when talking about the scumbag who cheated on him just because he wasn't the center of his attention for 5 minutes is puke inducing.

RIB seems to have completely forgotten how strong and fierce Kurt was in S1, and even S2, and I don't think I can stand watching have Kurt bow at Blaine's altar once the Grease stain is in NY. The Kurt I came to love in the early seasons is dead, neutered, ruined for the sake of a bland, whiny coward embodied by a weak actor. Eff' them.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 2/24/2014, 6:45 am

coxfire wrote:Well, this doesn't give me hope for the future. RIB having the words "Prince Charming" come out of Kurt's mouth when talking about the scumbag who cheated on him just because he wasn't the center of his attention for 5 minutes is puke inducing.

RIB seems to have completely forgotten how strong and fierce Kurt was in S1, and even S2, and I don't think I can stand watching have Kurt bow at Blaine's altar once the Grease stain is in NY. The Kurt I came to love in the early seasons is dead, neutered, ruined for the sake of a bland, whiny coward embodied by a weak actor. Eff' them.

Agree 100%. Not watching after tomorrow's/Tuesday's episode. I am 99.9% Klaine getting back together and engaged is fan pandering. Especially the way they happened.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/24/2014, 10:42 am

Now that we know what was in the missing scene of Kurt and his "bridesmaids" (again: FUCK YOU, Glee) I just realized that the entire 180 degree turn of Kurt between "we're not a couple" in 4x22 to him accepting Blaine's proposal in 5x01, plus (in order to sell this proposal as a positive thing) everyone needing to be 100% on board with 2 18/19 year olds getting engaged but RIB also needing some token protest/doubt in the episode because the boys were too young and till then a teenage engagement was frowned upon in Glee, was put almost solely on the shoulders of Kurt in 5x01.

In the sleepover scene Rachel, Santana and Mercedes all "squeal" and "are moved" (actual words in the script) when Kurt tells them he think he's going to say "yes" to Blaine, so they're all already on board with this teenage wedding. And they also put some dialogue in Kurt's mouth that practically says SOULMATES/KLENDGAME with the Disney Prince Charming and wanting to be part of the world changing shit.
This solves (or so do RIB think) a few problems and major loose ends in the canon:
1) some characters express their concerns about being so young and getting engaged being a big step (Kurt and Mercedes), but...
2) Kurt also explains why he's not against marrying Blaine as it's the best thing that can happen to him evva!!! (because Blaine is Kurt's Disney Prince: gag me), yet..
3) there's still some doubt and fear for Kurt when Santana gives her usual snarky vision on his future with Blaine.

This scene and the scene in the car with Burt are the only scenes that touch upon how Kurt got from "We're not a couple" to "yes" within a week.
Had the sleepover scene not been cut from the episode it would have already been a flimsy (and badly written explanatory) way to fix the many loopholes in going from no Klaine interest from Kurt in 4x22 to them getting back together and engaged in 5x01, but cutting the sleepover scene left solely the car scene to explain that radical 180 degree turn.
How is that not horrible writing? (And it still doesn't explain Burt's switch from thinking teenagers getting married being idiots a week earlier to driving and pushing his 19 year old son to his wedding proposal.)

If it wasn't for Chris' stellar acting in that car scene and during the proposal itself this whole storyline would have been even more ridiculous and unbelievable than it already is.

And the writers knew this: they knew it had to be Chris who would still be able to make something out of nothing to force the 180 degrees turn with the established canon and characterisations firmly in place, and to bring the gaps between 4x22 and 5x01 as close together as possible under the circumstances, as they purposely gave Kurt all the (mostly silent!) doubting and questioning reactions in the episode.
They put it all on Chris's shoulders to carry it through and save some of their own mistakes due to bad writing and planning. They trusted him to pull this crap through (as he is about the only one on that show who can) as they always do whenever they need someone to do the heavy lifting (like in the Quarterback), and yet they have shit and continu to shit on his character by giving him no decent POV, screentime or songs, sidelining him and making him a prop to Blaine and Rachel for the rest of the time.
They know what they have in him and yet mostly choose to ignore and neglect him to promote Bland and Mediocre.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 2/24/2014, 1:15 pm

The boy is an acting marvel!   wub wub

IMO The cut scene doesn't quite jell it seems with Kurt's hesitancy in the car scene with Burt, to me it looks like when talking with Burt he was leaning on saying no.

Glorfindel is spot on on what the writers were attempting.

Oh well, it doesn't matter because the writers are  so awkwardly trying to revise their previous stance on teenage marriage that  it comes off as hilariously desperate.

Finchel were shown as misguided wanting to be married so young, so Glee is then saying that Gay teenage marriage is different and OK.  Alas It's the trap of all Ryan Murohy shows, eventually he and his writers contradict and negate everything that has come before.

Nip/Tuck anyone?
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/24/2014, 3:36 pm

Wow. Did they really have Kurt call himself a bride? Did they have him call attention whore, scumbag Blaine his prince charming? At this rate, I wonder if they will ignore past events where Kurt was upset at being called Prom Queen and refused to wear a dress for Nationals and have him "come out" as transsexual soon?  dryy 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 2/25/2014, 8:59 am

Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa on 2/25/2014, 10:28 am

Working hard to keep my breakfast down while reading that  Rolling Eyes .
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/25/2014, 10:44 am

Blaine doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. I mean, we're talking about a boy who gave his boyfriend monogrammed towels as a high school graduation present. That doesn't say romance. That says "I've been with you so long that you don't excite me anymore, and I don't really know you because I have no clue what to buy you."

To go from "We're not hooking up" and "We're not a couple" to this and getting engaged in the course of three episodes (and about a week of time) is just crazy.

Of course, I'm sure the Klainers are flailing about how wonderful and perfect their precious cupcake Blaine is. If they had boyfriends who treated them like Blaine treats Kurt, they wouldn't be so found of the cupcake.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 2/25/2014, 10:50 am

That "I love..." paragraph of Blaine's is terrible, no horrible. Even when he professes his love and devotion it's ME, ME, ME. Who talks like that?

Kurt being afraid of love? Yes, afraid of loving Blaine, because he's to one who killed, yes I'm saying killed, Kurt's romantic soul. Besides what is Blaine done with: loving Kurt or loving in general? What does it mean?!

This is so bad writing.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/25/2014, 12:26 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:That "I love..." paragraph of Blaine's is terrible, no horrible. Even when he professes his love and devotion it's ME, ME, ME. Who talks like that?
Blaine, obviously.  Rolling Eyes 

Kurt being afraid of love? Yes, afraid of loving Blaine, because he's to one who killed, yes I'm saying killed, Kurt's romantic soul. Besides what is Blaine done with: loving Kurt or loving in general? What does it mean?!
I think it means that Blaine is done with f*cking a random roaming around and he's decided that Kurt is 'it' for him. Blaine WANTS him now, so Kurt better stop sulking and take him back.

Another interpretation: Blaine is done with apologizing and not getting Kurt back after all his trying and stalking.

And yes: sadly I also think that Blaine killed Kurt's romantic soul. Kurt's (admitted: naieve) look on romance got destroyed when Blaine cheated on him.
That's why I find Kurt's lines in the sleepover scene, calling Blaine his Disney Prince Charming, so jarring with what happened in the last half year before: when Kurt picked up the pieces and deliberately went after easy sex at least twice (at the wedding and with Santa), and apparently (after the retcon of Kadam) only dated Adam to get off but without any real feelings attached.

Ugh, these writers.  Evil or Very Mad

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 2/25/2014, 12:58 pm

That's why I find Kurt's lines in the sleepover scene, calling Blaine his Disney Prince Charming, so jarring with what happened in the last half year before: when Kurt picked up the pieces and deliberately went after easy sex at least twice (at the wedding and with Santa), and apparently (after the retcon of Kadam) only dated Adam to get off but without any real feelings attached.

The worst in all of that is that Kurt's reaction towards love is the most normal you could have, but they didn't show any of it. The very first heartbreak of your life does change your vision of it, and it Kurt's case, it is in the worse conditions possible, not because it was a quick fling with no feelings, but because he was backstabbed by someone who he trusted completely.

So, instead of exploring all these infinite possibilities they had to have Chris act the hell out of these emotions, they concentrated on showing woe-is-me-Blarren, who's best acting talent is to move his eyebrows to look like a kicked puppy (mind you, this makes me want to hit harder the next time).

They completely missed the opportunity, then retconned Adam and made sur to show that Kurt wasn't safe with anyone else that Blainers with the Sexy Santa incident.

As for the Prince Charming speech, either Chris told them to stick it in their a** and refused to act it (I doubt it), or they realized when seeing it what a load of bullcrap it was.

I didn't mind Kurt's romantic side, but people do evolve and change according to their experience. And as far as I know, in fairy tales, no one ever said Prince Charming fucked Cinderella before he got engaged with Snow White.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/25/2014, 1:15 pm

coxfire wrote:As for the Prince Charming speech, either Chris told them to stick it in their a** and refused to act it (I doubt it), or they realized when seeing it what a load of bullcrap it was.
I would have loved to see Chris' reaction when he read that in the script. I can imagine kicking chairs or throwing ninja stars was involved.   Laughing 

I didn't mind Kurt's romantic side, but people do evolve and change according to their experience. And as far as I know, in fairy tales, no one ever said Prince Charming fucked Cinderella before he got engaged with Snow White.
To stay in sync with the Lighthouse reference, I'd say Prince Charming fucked Rapunzel, not Cinderella.  tonguue 

Also: according to TLoS there are 4(!) Prince Charmings, so Blaine is still not the only option for Kurt.  Twisted Evil 
So with Adam (Crawford) and Elliot being 2 (not counting Chandler, Dave or Santa) there's still another Prince Charming unexplored out there.

(And OMG, I just almost typed "Chandler, Dave and Chase", and it reminded me that 2 of the Prince Charmings in TLoS have the same names. So maybe we should get anxious if a Charlie pops up in Glee, huh?  Wink )

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 2/25/2014, 1:18 pm

I would have loved to see Chris' reaction when he read that in the script. I can imagine kicking chairs or throwing ninja stars was involved.   Laughing 

Remember his "Great!" in the previews for tonight's episode? Must have been smth like that!!

To stay in sync with the Lighthouse reference, I'd say Prince Charming fucked Rapunzel, not Cinderella.   tonguue 
HA!! Spot on!!
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top