[ 1 ]
58% 58% 
[ 18 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 31

Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 10/19/2013, 10:44 pm

Buenos wrote:The problem with the proposal is like so much in Glee, it can  look pretty, it sounds pretty and it can even be intermittently entertaining, but it doesn't service the characters at all.
This summarize well what's the problem with glee and its performances. I'm sure I've been found more than one to be beautifully done, but then I think "What was the purpose of this?". Sometimes I feel like instead of the music fitting the storyline, is the other way around.

And also you pointed that RIB likes to make cultural statement, like when Blaine said his proposal wasn't only because of Kurt, but also to the whole LGBT community. Why Glee needs so much to promote this social messages?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 10/20/2013, 6:45 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:I still haven't seen this episode and I don't plan on it. The only scene I watched was the Kurt/Burt one and that was enough to make my blood boil. Apparently, the proposal was stolen from The Sidhe, which I never read because I don't like those soulmate fics. They creep me out. I will admit that the line about Blaine not taking hands of random strangers made me snort because he had no problem taking a strangers dick a few months ago. Or maybe Eli wasnt a stranger. Hmmmm.
Wait a second, the proposal was stolen from a Fan Fiction?! For real?! How comes there is no outcry?

In case this is true, I lost all respect still left for the Glee writers. That is a very new low point.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/20/2013, 7:27 am

^Yes, it's true. I read part of that fanfic (it's a really, really long fic and too sacharin for my taste) and the general speech idea of Blaine is taken directly from it. Evil or Very Mad 

Really, there are so many things that RIB take from other series or movies, and even without disguising it or changing too much of it, but simply copy and paste it for Glee (e.g. the car scene of Finchel and Kurt being elected Prom Queen). :angry: 

Jellyrolls wrote:Honestly, for me, the proposal was not enjoyable at all because Blaine didn't propose out of love for Kurt.  He proposed to make a cultural statement, and he proposed because he wanted to know that Kurt belonged to him. 
This post has been circulating on tumblr:

btw someone needs to print this out and shove it in blaine’s face

x

I'd like to add that they should shove this gif into Ryan's face too. Him wanting to make a political statement of gay marriage (and still being beaten by Modern Family, ha) ruined a lot of the canon in Glee, starting with the lesbian couple in 4x22.

Just think about it: it took major retconning, ruining and brainwashing all Glee characters and choirs (who were all smiling and cheering like pod people/clones) to get to this proposal on Glee. None of the characters or what they did made any sense, and it made Blaine look like an insane creep.

This goes beyond anticipating and integrating real life events into the writing for a show: this is simply Ryan completely destroying his own product for the sake of a whim.
orageux2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 10/20/2013, 8:14 am

Does anybody have a link to this fanfiction or at least a name? I would like to know how much similar the speech was.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 10/20/2013, 8:15 am

Wow, that is just insane and rude. But now the speech made sense, because I didn't understand this need for 'soulmates' and 'reincarnation' during the speech. Kurt is an atheist, incredible logical and doesn't believe in any higher power. I highly doubt he believes in reincarnation. So why the heck do a speech completely belittling his belief and basically telling him that he is wrong, and Klaine have been together since the dawn of time?

But really, where is the outcry? Why isn't it all over tumblr?

Really, for me this entire episode still is an epitome of 'how to destroy your entire canon just to force one SL'. I also am still shocked how many fell for it and hope to have a similar boyfriend/engagement one day. Makes me worry a bit for my generation...
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/20/2013, 9:02 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Wow, that is just insane and rude. But now the speech made sense, because I didn't understand this need for 'soulmates' and 'reincarnation' during the speech. Kurt is an atheist, incredible logical and doesn't believe in any higher power. I highly doubt he believes in reincarnation. So why the heck do a speech completely belittling his belief and basically telling him that he is wrong, and Klaine have been together since the dawn of time?

Having a 18 year old kid channeling Shirley McClaine is more than a little creepy.

Listen, if someone believes in such things to each his/her own. The bigger problem is that all of Blaine's actions prior to the proposal indicate that he didn't truly believe in soulmates that take the guesswork out of relationships.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 10/20/2013, 9:36 am

^ Agreed, but Kurt doesn't believe in such things. Hence, it is inappropriate for his character. If he'd be more spiritual and would have shown any signs in believing in reincarnation, it would be a different story. But Kurt is very clearly and without any doubt characterized as atheist, who is very logical. It is also one thing to believe in soulmates, but still dismiss reincarnation. I just don't see Kurt in any sense or form believing he met Blaine in past lives.

Any other character with a spiritual/religious character trait, and I wouldn't care. But for Kurt, it is highly OOC and therefore not okay to include in the marriage proposal.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/20/2013, 10:00 am

^I agree with you. I have been too angry about many other issues about the proposal to pick up on that, but it's true that reincarnation is OOC for Kurt, or if it's not (as young people like Kurt could possibly romanticize and fantasize about it) it should have been mentioned before in the show.
Plus: that soulmate and endgame crap being justified and projected unto the belief of reincarnation is just bullshit.

arina wrote:Does anybody have a link to this fanfiction or at least a name? I would like to know how much similar the speech was.
Here it is: The Sidhe
Warning: it's a really long fanfic and not that well written, imo. I couldn't get past chapter 1, so I then just read the last chapter and the epilogue.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 10/20/2013, 3:12 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I agree with you. I have been too angry about many other issues about the proposal to pick up on that, but it's true that reincarnation is OOC for Kurt, or if it's not (as young people like Kurt could possibly romanticize and fantasize about it) it should have been mentioned before in the show.
Plus: that soulmate and endgame crap being justified and projected unto the belief of reincarnation is just bullshit.

arina wrote:Does anybody have a link to this fanfiction or at least a name? I would like to know how much similar the speech was.
Here it is: The Sidhe
Warning: it's a really long fanfic and not that well written, imo. I couldn't get past chapter 1, so I then just read the last chapter and the epilogue.
Thanks, honestly even if it was a great written fanfic I wouldn't be able to enjoy it, I hate Klaine too much for it.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/20/2013, 3:47 pm

^Me too, lol. fanny2

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on 10/20/2013, 9:56 pm

I remember someone mentioned that Blaine's speech reminded them of a fan fic. Regardless, I still thought the whole scene was beautiful.

I haven't read that fan fic and probably won't because I don't like fantasy, I perfer ones that are AU.
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/23/2014, 10:16 pm

The Box Scene Klainers bought the script of this episode and they posted the Kurt+Santana+Rachel+Mercedes sleep over at McKinley scene. It's horrible: a lot of Blaine stanning, Klendgame and pushing Kurt to accept the proposal.  :angry: 

For once I'm actually glad they cut a Kurt scene:

"Prince Charming" - gag me.  vomir 

And Kurt wants the girls to be his bridesmaids. Bridesmaids..... so Kurt is the bride in this marriage: prepare for more of that during the wedding planning.  brikwol

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/23/2014, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/23/2014, 10:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The Box Scene Klainers bought the script of tis episode and they posted the Kurt+Santana+Rachel+Mercedes sleep over at McKinley scene. It's horrible: a lot of Blaine stanning and pushing Kurt to accept the proposal.  :angry: 

And Kurt wants the girls to be his bridesmaids. Bridesmaids..... so Kurt is the bride in this marriage: prepare for more of that during the wedding planning.  brikwol

Blaine is a troll, not Prince Charming.  Rolling Eyes
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 2/23/2014, 10:21 pm

If one thing about that scene was made very clear, Kurt was saying yes to the fantasy Blaine. The one who serenaded him with Come What May and not the immature clown who cheated on him. Poor Adam was right... he couldn't compete with a fantasy and that's what Kurt bought into. At least for now (still holding on to hope).

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/23/2014, 10:36 pm

Can someone show me a Klainer that is happy this was cut, because this has Kurt as a bride, as he wants them to be his bridesmaids, when with the gay weddings I have heard about they would his groomsmaids, not bridemaids.  :angry: 

This is just so offensive.

Once again they wrote Kurt as a girl.

Kurt identifies as male, not female, he is not Unique.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/23/2014, 10:37 pm

Wow. That was some awful writing, and a horrible scene. And it still makes absolutely no sense for Kurt to go from "we're not a couple" to this in just a few days.

They need to make both Kurt and Blaine realize that they aren't ready for marriage (especially Blaine). This story arc would have been a lot better if they had made them realize that it was too soon to get engaged within a few days (or at least by the time Greasy boy went to visit NY).

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/23/2014, 10:41 pm

I'm so freaking mad that they had Kurt basically call himself a bride. Effemiphobia at its finest.
 badday 

Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and Mercedes were going to sing “Getting Better” in 501 but it was omitted before they went into production. :(
x
Of course a Kurt song gets cut, while Blaine derps his way to a multitude of songs.  smajli

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/23/2014, 10:51 pm

To me this shows what Santana thinks of Blaine, and I think she knows Kurt a bit better than Kurt knows himself.

After your big amazing, Behind the Candelabra-like wedding comes eighty years of sex-less, hen-pecking, antique collecting, co-dependent marriage followed by gay divorce or death.  I, for one, couldn’t be happier for you" — Santana to Kurt from the cut scene in Love, Love, Love

Blaine plays the piano so she is describing Blaine as Liberace.  Razz 

I bet Chris is sick to death of them writing Kurt as a female.  :angry: 

It's friggin groomsmaids not bridesmaids. Kurt would be a groom.  brikwol
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/23/2014, 10:55 pm

x

So all the acting that Chris did, having Kurt confused, feeling pressured and doubtful right up untill the last second before saying "yes" was something he and the director added to the script.

Thank God for Chris Colfer: giving Kurt multiple layers and keeping him as real as possible with those horrible scripts.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick on 2/23/2014, 11:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The Box Scene Klainers bought the script of this episode and they posted the Kurt+Santana+Rachel+Mercedes sleep over at McKinley scene. It's horrible: a lot of Blaine stanning, Klendgame and pushing Kurt to accept the proposal.  :angry: 

vomir vomir vomir 
They were going to do everything in there power to destroy my favorite charcter  crycry Evil or Very Mad antifana 

Chris Colfer is perfect~ wub 
I am perfectly crazy.  lol!
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  opals on 2/23/2014, 11:04 pm

Eww. Just  vomir Kurt as a bride.  Cheating-ass Blaine as Prince Charming. And more Let's get married because it's legal, and we want to make a statement!  This scene contains just about everything I loathe about the Klaine engagement storyline.

The thing about Klaine is that I could have accepted them getting back together and engaged eventually, if they had made Blaine grow up and own up to his actions in any way. But no. Appartently, Blainers was already perfect and he just needed to say "Sorry, I cheated, Kurt. But it was really all your fault."

I dare say Kurt needed to grow up, too. He needed to learn that life is not a fairytale and how to communicate better. It actually seemed like they were heading in that direction with his character, but then the writers had to stunt his growth for Blaine's sake.

opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/23/2014, 11:25 pm

ColferInspired wrote:To me this shows what Santana thinks of Blaine, and I think she knows Kurt a bit better than Kurt knows himself.

After your big amazing, Behind the Candelabra-like wedding comes eighty years of sex-less, hen-pecking, antique collecting, co-dependent marriage followed by gay divorce or death.  I, for one, couldn’t be happier for you" — Santana to Kurt from the cut scene in Love, Love, Love

But remember, Kurt also plays the piano.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/23/2014, 11:28 pm

So, I have to ask. Anyone else find the timing of the release of this script interesting? The same weekend we get
Spoiler:
the wonderful StarKurt sneak peek and the StarKurt duet
we get this crap? You think the release was to calm down the crazies?

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/23/2014, 11:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:To me this shows what Santana thinks of Blaine, and I think she knows Kurt a bit better than Kurt knows himself.

But remember, Kurt also plays the piano.

I always forget that because the writers have.  dryy
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 2/24/2014, 12:23 am

opals wrote:Eww. Just  vomir Kurt as a bride.  Cheating-ass Blaine as Prince Charming. And more Let's get married because it's legal, and we want to make a statement!  This scene contains just about everything I loathe about the Klaine engagement storyline.

The thing about Klaine is that I could have accepted them getting back together and engaged eventually, if they had made Blaine grow up and own up to his actions in any way. But no. Appartently, Blainers was already perfect and he just needed to say "Sorry, I cheated, Kurt. But it was really all your fault."

I dare say Kurt needed to grow up, too. He needed to learn that life is not a fairytale and how to communicate better. It actually seemed like they were heading in that direction with his character, but then the writers had to stunt his growth for Blaine's sake.

Good points and agree 100%. I am sick of Blaine Stanning. I am disgusted his so called friends basically pushed him into saying yes, to the proposal. Kurt needs better friends. Not Blaine is perfect can do no wrong stans.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum