Lottie2303 wrote:^ It was the most romantic proposal blinkk 
Don't forget they worship Blarren, so it isn't really all that surprising. dryy
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 11:54 am

I'm reading Backlot's review right now, and it's whole tone is incredibly sarcastic and critical of Klaine, unless something shifts dramatically. Are you sure what was posted reflects what the reviewer said?

ETA: The part about the proposal said it was incredibly romantic, but that doesn't really counterbalance all the heavy sarcasm from earlier in the article. It sounds like the reviewer appreciated the speech and gesture separate from the context.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 9/27/2013, 12:00 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I'm reading Backlot's review right now, and it's whole tone is incredibly sarcastic and critical of Klaine, unless something shifts dramatically. Are you sure what was posted reflects what the reviewer said?

ETA: The part about the proposal said it was incredibly romantic, but that doesn't really counterbalance all the heavy sarcasm from earlier in the article. It sounds like the reviewer appreciated the speech and gesture separate from the context.

I agree. They found the speech cheesy but "beautiful", but the beginning is far more sarcastic:

Back at McKinley, Kurt is straight-up dressed like The Joker and enjoying a farewell picnic in the quad with Blaine, who is dressed like a Sunny Delight commercial. Before Kurt leaves, Blaine’s just gotta know: What’s up with that New York Guy? Kurt goes, “Who, Adam? Yeah, people liked the idea of us together. Kadam, they called us. And it was like, ‘Yay! Finally Kurt will have a boyfriend who won’t cheat on him!’ or whatever, but, I mean, look at us. Me and you, I mean. Look at me and you. Just seeing us with naked eyeballs from outer space, you’d know we were soul mates.” Blaine wants to be boyfriends again (because it’s the next step in his masterplan, which is: husbands) and he promises, promises, promises to never, ever, ever cheat on Kurt again. Kurt’s willing to give it a go, so long as Blaine signs one of those no-cheating contracts from Oprah‘s website and also so long as Blaine agrees that Kurt is the Goldie in the Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell thing they’ve got going on. To celebrate their official boyfriend-ness, and the fact that the writers let them have a legit two-sided conversation about their relationship, Blaine has prepared a song. But Kurt rolls his eyes and goes, “Oh my God, while you’re on Oprah’s website, will you please see if you can find some tips on basic solo-hogging decorum!
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 12:02 pm

^ To be honest, I only read the part about the proposal. I really actually didn't care as they usually tend to kiss Darren's ass. But thanks for pointing that out this nice piece of sarcasm.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/27/2013, 12:17 pm

so kurt accepted the proposal?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 12:19 pm

fantastica wrote:so kurt accepted the proposal?
Yes.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/27/2013, 12:28 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
fantastica wrote:so kurt accepted the proposal?
Yes.
I am hoping and praying Kurt will have 2nd thoughts and breaks the engagement within the next couple of episodes. I am still done with Glee though. I will watch the 3rd episode and that will be it for me.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 12:30 pm

I am extremely angry and upset and can only hope that this is the step before indifference.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/27/2013, 12:41 pm

The more I think about how the Klaine reunion was handled, the more it angers and disappoints me. They handled this wrong on so many levels just so they could have a gay engagement on the show, and to pander to the Klainers who are really just Blaine stans in disguise.

Everything we know about Kurt was destroyed in just a few short scenes. It is hard to believe that someone who was so against the Finchel engagement just a year before this would be ready to get engaged when he is just a year older than they were. And it is completely unfathomable that someone like Kurt who thought Finchel was too young would think getting engaged to a boy he had just reunited with a day or two before would be a good idea (especially when that boy’s cheating was the cause of the breakup).

It is also frustrating that, at 19, Kurt has such low self-esteem that he can’t imagine finding someone else who loves and makes him feel safe the way Blaine does. Kurt shouldn’t be making a decision to get married when he is feeling that low. Deciding to accept a proposal because you truly love and respect your partner—not because you don’t think you’ll ever find someone else to love you.

That car seem really seemed like Kurt was back to the place he was in season 2 before meeting Blaine (damn you, Puck, for sending Kurt to Dalton). He is so beaten down that he doesn’t think he is worthy of being loved. Season 2 Blaine may have brought him out of that and helped him feel more confident in himself. And Season 3 and 4 Blaine destroyed all that, and put him back in a place where he was down and feeling unworthy of being loved at all. It was Adam who was starting to bring the confidence back into Kurt after Blaine destroyed him.

As for Blaine, his whole reasoning behind getting engaged is messed up, and quite honestly, beyond his cheating, thinking back to “I Do” his view on fidelity shows that he isn’t really good husband material. In the car scene, Kurt was having second thoughts asking, “What am I doing? I’m sort of dating someone back in NY.” And Blaine was like “But he’s not here. It’s just bros helping bros.” And he had no problem interacting with Sebastian though he knew Kurt thought he was a threat to their relationship. Clearly, Blaine has no respect for being faithful to your partner. Why would Kurt think it was a good idea to want to marry someone with that kind of attitude, especially when that someone is a known cheater?

Even the conversation before GTGYIML made absolutely no sense when you really think about it. After Blaine asked about Adam, Kurt reminded Blaine that he was not able to stay faithful just a couple of weeks apart. But at the same time, Kurt had secretly arranged for a marching band to join him in a duet with Blaine that basically said “I want to get back together with you.” Why would he want to get back in long distance relationship with someone who he just reminded couldn’t make a long distance relationship work for a few weeks? It doesn’t make sense.

And as for Blaine’s whole “I thought you were through with me” speech to Kurt, well, that was just the most ridiculous part of it. Once again, he is blaming Kurt for his behavior, and not really taking ownership for his actions. And on top of that, how could he really think that Kurt was through with them when he knew he had plans to go visit Kurt in NY just two weeks ago? Blaine didn’t cheat because he thought Kurt was through with him. He cheated because Kurt was excitedly sharing his NY experiences with the person he loved instead of helping that person pick out what bow tie to wear. Blaine cheated because Kurt didn’t have time to talk to Blaine when he was at work. After saying, “I was with someone,” did we ever even hear Blaine take responsibility for his actions.

And that brings us to Burt. I’m all for Burt letting Kurt be a man and make his own decisions, but that doesn’t mean that Burt has to be a willing participant. I’m assuming that Burt is taking Kurt to Dalton at Blaine’s request. It shows how oblivious Blaine is that he would ask for Burt’s help after Burt told him that they were way too young for marriage, and it is unfathomable that Burt would actually help him when he was against it, especially when it involves his beloved son.

The Kurt/Burt conversation was also messed up. First off, Kurt shouldn’t have even had to ask his father what his opinion was—he knew Burt was against a finchel engagement. Why would he change his mind about his own son a year later? And I just don’t see Burt telling his son that what he (burt) thought didn’t matter after Kurt asked him for advice.

Also, Burt’s message to Kurt was very messed up. By saying that he had wished he met Kurt’s mom years earlier he basically said that he wished that they had known each other and gotten married sooner, which was a complete turn around from his conversation with Blaine last season.

The only way they can salvage Kurt in all this is for him to wake up in NY, and realize that the hopeless romantic side of him got caught in the moment of the grand proposal, and that accepting it was a huge mistake at this point in his life.

Either that, or they should make Kurt realize just how damaged he is from losing his mom, being bullied, and being stuck in a horrible relationship with Blaine, and seeks help to work on his self-esteem issues. It may not be the most favorable option, but Chris would act the hell out of it.

Or they could really turn Blaine into the cheating creepy stalker that Darren portrays him as, and Kurt could kick him to the curb.

I am saddened that they have destroyed Kurt, and I am shocked to hear that people actually think the way things went with Klaine in last night’s episode is OK.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/27/2013, 12:47 pm

^ i am indifferent. i am actually calm and cool about everything. glee is a show for people who want to completely escape reality w/ song and dance (at least it is now). if you want to stimulate your intellect read a good book. if your head hurts and don't want to think but have time to kill and nothing else to do then watch, and doze off. yesterday was the first time i actually turned off the tv knowing there are kurt scenes coming up. i just couldn't stomach it anymore. i am not the demographic so i shouldn't be watching in the first place. i did enjoy most of s1 and 2 though, w/ the help of netflix and its fast forward button.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 12:47 pm

Love, Love, Love got the third lowest ratings for Glee, EVER. The only episodes to do worse were "I Do" and "Dynamic Duets."

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/27/2013, 12:55 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Love, Love, Love got the third lowest ratings for Glee, EVER. The only episodes to do worse were "I Do" and "Dynamic Duets."
I am glad it got low ratings. Wish it had gotten lower ratings though.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 12:56 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Love, Love, Love got the third lowest ratings for Glee, EVER. The only episodes to do worse were "I Do" and "Dynamic Duets."
I am glad it got low ratings. Wish it had gotten lower ratings  though.
If the premiere did so badly, I cannot imagine that the upcoming episodes will do well. What is the trend for ratings, usually?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/27/2013, 12:58 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
I am glad it got low ratings. Wish it had gotten lower ratings  though.
If the premiere did so badly, I cannot imagine that the upcoming episodes will do well. What is the trend for ratings, usually?
Not sure, Maybe. someone here will know.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 9/27/2013, 1:00 pm

I Do got low ratings? That surprises me considering it was basically all fanservice. And ha! I hope RIB sucks on those ratings and next weeks are going to be even worse. The only thing they have going for them now is Demi's fanbase and who knows how many of them would be willing to sit through this asswipe of a show? They've probably lost most of Chris's fanbase which is quite a bit, they've lost Dianna, Mark, and Ambers fanbases. With the way they're treating Jenna, they'll probably lose her fans pretty soon too, and then add in Cory. This show is not gonna last 6 seasons.

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 1:00 pm

Twisted Evil 

Unfortunately, many will confuse Klaine with Chris heavy. I hope they realize his presence was lacking and his character on holiday anyway.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 1:02 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
I Do got low ratings? That surprises me considering it was basically all fanservice. And ha! I hope RIB sucks on those ratings and next weeks are going to be even worse. The only thing they have going for them now is Demi's fanbase and who knows how many of them would be willing to sit through this asswipe of a show? They've probably lost most of Chris's fanbase which is quite a bit, they've lost Dianna, Mark, and Ambers fanbases. With the way they're treating Jenna, they'll probably lose her fans pretty soon too, and then add in Cory. This show is not gonna last 6 seasons.
Glee S4 Ratings (Lowest to Highest):
07 - 1.5 with 4.62 million viewers
14 - 1.7 with 5.13 million viewers
20 - 1.8 with 5.24 million viewers
21 - 1.9 with 5.19 million viewers
10 - 2.0 with 5.26 million viewers
16 - 2.0 with 5.37 million viewers
17 - 2.0 with 5.91 million viewers
22 - 2.0 with 5.92 million viewers
06 - 2.1 with 5.22 million viewers
12 - 2.1 with 5.48 million viewers
19 - 2.1 with 6.14 million viewers
08 - 2.2 with 5.39 million viewers
09 - 2.2 with 5.43 million viewers
13 - 2.2 with 6.03 million viewers
05 - 2.4 with 5.68 million viewers
03 - 2.4 with 5.79 million viewers
18 - 2.4 with 6.67 million viewers
15 - 2.4 with 6.72 million viewers
04 - 2.6 with 6.07 million viewers
11 - 2.6 with 6.79 million viewers
02 - 2.9 with 7.46 million viewers
01 - 3.1 with 7.41 million viewers
• Glee S5 Ratings (Lowest to Highest):
01 - 2.0 with 5.17 million viewers
Sources:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/glee-season-four-ratings-24348/
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/27/tv-ratings-thursday-the-crazy-ones-bests-the-michael-j-fox-show-the-big-bang-theory-returns-up/205218/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Last season's premiere had 2.2 MILLION more viewers.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/27/2013, 1:08 pm

usually the first episode gets the highest ratings. this just shows many viewers are permanently off the show. they won't even want to give this show a chance.

that means they have even more reason to rely heavily on the fandom. it was wise for them to invest in klaine reunion. they can't afford to lose the klainers. same w/ blaine - heavy stuff. blainers have good reason to watch, but not everybody else. you know once you are off the show for good, you will never go back. people have moved on. teens are grown up.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/27/2013, 1:19 pm

I am shocked that the numbers are so low. With the heavy promotion, and the Beatles tribute, I thought the numbers would be somewhere between 6 and 7 million.

I'm thinking the heavy Klaine promotion was a turn off for some viewers, and I also think that the heavy Darren presence was a big turn off.

It was up against tough competition, but honestly, the Michael J. Fox Show, Grey's Anatomy, and the CBS comedies aren't really shows that are targeted to the same audience as Glee.

@anneneville, if you look at the list of ratings in order by episode, it seemed like the first one back after a hiatis would do really well (which they always did heavy promotion, usually using Kurt and Rachel). Then, the episodes falling would drop in number.

What's the difference between this and that? It seems like Darren was used heavily in the promotion. So, what happens? Numbers drop.

RIB should have realized long ago that Darren wasn't capable of carrying the show. At this point, it is too far gone to save.

I think the Quarterback will do OK. I expect them to use Chris and Lea to promote the show during the hiatis, but I don't think it will help. They screwed with the GA with that last year.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/27/2013, 1:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I am shocked that the numbers are so low.  With the heavy promotion, and the Beatles tribute, I thought the numbers would be somewhere between 6 and 7 million.

I'm thinking the heavy Klaine promotion was a turn off for some viewers, and I also think that the heavy Darren presence was a big turn off.

It was up against tough competition, but honestly, the Michael J. Fox Show, Grey's Anatomy, and the CBS comedies aren't really shows that are targeted to the same audience as Glee.  

@anneneville, if you look at the list of ratings in order by episode, it seemed like the first one back after a hiatis would do really well (which they always did heavy promotion, usually using Kurt and Rachel).  Then, the episodes falling would drop in number.  

What's the difference between this and that?  It seems like Darren was used heavily in the promotion.  So, what happens?  Numbers drop.

RIB should have realized long ago that Darren wasn't capable of carrying the show. At this point, it is too far gone to save.

I think the Quarterback will do OK.  I expect them to use Chris and Lea to promote the show during the hiatis, but I don't think it will help.  They screwed with the GA with that last year.  
I don't think the Quarterback will do well. I think that there are many people who will not want to watch a sob-fest. I think others will not believe that Glee is capable of handling a tribute respectfully (I am part of that group). I think that fans who already left Glee will have little interest in returning just to watch characters cry, or to see a clip-show. I really can't imagine that the tribute will do well--especially with such a poor episode leading into it
Spoiler:
(and do we think that 5x2 will be better? I mean--Tina gets Carrie'd?).

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 9/27/2013, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a spoiler tag)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/27/2013, 1:54 pm

Just a random observation regarding the ratings. The two episodes that rated lower aired on Thanksgiving and Valentines Day, when may fans probably didn't tune in because they had other plans for the holidays.

Just saying...

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  opals on 9/27/2013, 1:57 pm

Other than the tribute, these will probably be the best ratings they get all season. Season 6 is looking less and less like a sure thing.

So how did bringing in those noobs and catering to Darren fangirls work out for ya, RIB?
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/27/2013, 1:58 pm

^ I believe the ratings for the next episode will be even lower.
Spoiler:
It has nothing really of Kurt, Tina is not a huge draw, Blaine is not liked by the general audience. The only ones really interested and with some power will be Santana/Dani fans

Glee divided the fandom with last episode and it was a stupid decision. They should have had some conversation between Kurt/Blaine, some promise for the future by remaining seperated by now, and staying focused on each character individually. By not only reuniting Klaine, but also the proposal, they basically pissed off a major part of fandom. I don't think they will recover.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals on 9/27/2013, 2:10 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I believe the ratings for the next episode will be even lower.
Spoiler:
It has nothing really of Kurt, Tina is not a huge draw, Blaine is not liked by the general audience. The only ones really interested and with some power will be Santana/Dani fans

Glee divided the fandom with last episode and it was a stupid decision. They should have had some conversation between Kurt/Blaine, some promise for the future by remaining seperated by now, and staying focused on each character individually. By not only reuniting Klaine, but also the proposal, they basically pissed off a major part of fandom. I don't think they will recover.
100% agree. I think a lot of people who maybe tuned in last night to see if we would get more NYC or those Kurt fans who were maybe holding on to a shred of hope for him to remain Bland free are likely done. I know I am.

They have seriously over estimated the draw of both the formula and of Darren. (Honestly, Girl Most Likely should have clued them in to the fact that his fans are loud, but not nearly as numerous as they claim to be.)

McKinley is dead. Blaine can't carry the show, and he's dragging down Kurt's character with him.
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 9/27/2013, 2:20 pm

I just feel so bad for Chris, Kurt and all the people that love Kurt Hummel. He got railroaded and then run over by the train. Let me know if there are any life signs in the coming weeks. I won't be watching.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum