Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  fantastica 11/21/2013, 10:22 pm

might as well move back to the kiddie hour. there aren't any adults left to watch. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  ColferInspired 11/22/2013, 8:25 am

Adam is on the show so I thought this was interesting but not in a good way as it is similar to what Chris has been through with the CrissColfer tinhatters.
but-i
kurtmatters

Ok, I’ll tackle this one. Adam has had the exact same problem Chris has- people “shipping” him in real life with straight guys he works with. It started way back on American Idol. His competitor Kris Allen, who eventually won, had a close friendship with Adam. Some nuts people started to assume that they were in a relationship and/or fucking in real life. (AI and the media didn’t hesitate to play it up, either) The RL ship “Kradam” was born.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mk8maboLbt1r50k87o2_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mto38m1oZP1rawk0oo2_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvp82ahEz31qgxqv0o3_250
Kris was happily married to his high school girlfriend Kary before going on Idol. They’ve been married since and even had a baby earlier this year. There are still some diehard Kradam shippers around to this day who claim that it’s all a massive PR coverup, Katy is just a “beard” and who call Katy awful things. Sound familiar?
Moving on to Adam’s solo career after Idol. His first album resulted in the “Glamnation” tour and he hired Tommy Joe Ratliff to be his bass player. Adam and Tommy were known for their onstage shenanigans, especially during “Fever”.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mve9fausoY1slc558o3_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mv6v7nULhN1snj567o1_500

And the RL ship of Adam and Tommy was born- known to some as “Adommy” or “Lambliff”. Adam reiterated over and over that the stage antics were just that- stage kissing and nothing more. He is gay, Tommy is straight, they’re acting, he’s embracing Glam rock, etc. Didn’t matter what Adam said. The RL shippers immediately began harrassing and threatening Tommy’s girlfriends, and just about any guy seen with Adam.  Things got much worse when Adam got into a two-year relationship with his boyfriend Sauli-  there were threats against Sauli’s life, people stalked their home in Hollywood, etc. All for the same old bullshit- Adam and Tommy were secretly together, Sauli was Adam’s “beard” Tommy’s girlfriend was his “beard”, PR was hiding their relationship, etc. We’ve heard that shit before, haven’t we. Adam has never been one to sit back quietly and passively and he addressed this many times on Twitter, calling out these RL shippers and basically calling them nuts. He went over this many times, including this Twitter party in October, 2011:

@adamlambert: What does the term “shipper” mean? Some new weird chatroom slang.

@adamlambert: …short for worship. There r folks that spend a lot of time creating fictional relationships they swear im hiding. Really?No conspiracies

@foolish_games: What? No. Short for RELATIONSHIP.”
@adam lambert: oh! ???

@adamlambert: I thought it was more a postage phrase. Lol

@MellMC_JedGlam: are ya mad?O:
@adamlambert: not mad at all. it’s funny. But im concerned that some of the real extreme shippers may want to find a more productive hobby

@adamlambert: I bring this up cuz I’m trying to answer real questions and half the feed is trying to investigate and read into my friendships.
And, he ended with what you’re talking about, his final tweet on the matter (that day) wondering why the hell people insist on “shipping” him with straight guys:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_mwnvnfcCHv1qe7lrn
So, yes, Adam is very familiar with the kind of disrespectful, delusional, threatening garbage from certain “fans” about his working relationship with a straight guy.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/22/2013, 9:15 am

ColferInspired wrote:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_mwnvnfcCHv1qe7lrn
ptdr ptdr ptdr 

Most brilliant response EVER.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2013, 10:38 am

Sometimes fans confuse everything. Do they seriously believe all of those straight guys are secretly in the closet and are simply afraid to come out whatever their reason it is? Oh please, not everyone in HW is gay or a closeted one.

As regards Adam and Kris, I know he once mentioned he found him cute and handsome, but he also was aware the other guy was straight, and he just had a nice friendship with him. And about Adam/Tommy, isn't the first time I see two guys kissing on stage, because other singers have done the same. And it doesn't mean nothing else but fanservice or homo-erotic.

And after seeing his tweet, Adam could tell Chris how to deal those crazy crisscolfers shippers. Though I think Chris has done it well when it comes to deal with those people.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 10:39 am

i don't mind real life shipping within the confines of the shipping community and not spilling it onto the real people they are shipping with. i mean, by all means read and write fan fictions and discuss amongs yourselves but please do not delude yourself that this is all real and absolutely do not harass the celebrities and their loved ones. shipping seems to be a wide spread psychological phenomenon. although i don't experience the need for myself i understand it's out there and unavoidable. i just never realize how crazy people can get. it's bordering mental illness.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2013, 3:31 pm

-

Last edited by sheny on 11/22/2013, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 3:42 pm

^ dancing w/ the star! Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 3:54 pm

^Uhm....wrong thread I think? Spoiler.

Ratings for 5x06:

FOX Glee 1.6 4.4

9pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 4.55 million (#3), A18-49: 1.6/ 4 (#3)

9:30pm

Fox – Glee
Viewers: 4.32 million (#3), A18-49: 1.5/ 4 (#3)
To compare, here are last week's numbers(5x05):

FOX Glee 1.5 4.5

9pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 4.66 million (#3), A18-49: 1.6/ 4 (#3)

9:30pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 4.33 million (#3), A18-49: 1.4/ 4 (#3)
So a slight increase from last week.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 4:00 pm

Because of football, the final numbers will probably dip down. So it could settle to a 1.5.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 4:06 pm

]compared to last week: slightly increased RATINGS but slightly fewer viewers. Shocked  not sure how they count this thing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2013, 4:11 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Uhm....wrong thread I think? Spoiler.
Yes I thought I was posting in the Spoiler Thread. Sorry, I hope nobody who avoids spoilers saw it.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/22/2013, 4:39 pm

compared to last week: slightly increased RATINGS but slightly fewer viewers. Shocked not sure how they count this thing.
if i understand correctly, the rating has nothing to do directlu with the number of viewers but how many of those viewers are in the 18-49 range. so you can have shows with 10 million viewers who have 1.5 rating and that means that most of the people watching are over 50.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 6:36 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/nbcs-2013-14-schedule-revolution-moves-to-wednesday-parenthood-to-thursday-chicago-fire-to-tuesday-blacklist-gets-post-voice-slot/

TUESDAY
8-9 p.m. – “The Voice”
9-9:30 p.m. – “ABOUT A BOY”
9:30-10 p.m. – “THE FAMILY GUIDE”
10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire”

Ouch , per this scheduled NBC lineup Glee in the spring will going up against "The Voice".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 6:39 pm

my hubby watches the voice sometime. does this show have good ratings? compared to say AI?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 6:43 pm

fantastica wrote:my hubby watches the voice sometime. does this show have good ratings? compared to say AI?
It it literally the only  show that is keeping NBC alive by the skin of it's teeth with it's high Demo's . It is like top 3 ratings in all the network shows, only bested by the Big Band Theory.   It has better Demos and live audience totals than AI these days.

Unfortunately, I don't think moving Glee to Tuesdays against "The Voice" is going to help Glee , if anything it could make things worse.

Last edited by Buenos on 11/22/2013, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 6:48 pm

Final adjusted Glee numbers....OUCH

FOX Glee 1.4  4.09
So they are stuck at 1.4 Demos apparently with Thanksgiving coming up....phr34r

Per the potential competition in the Spring a comparison:

NCIS got a 3.0 Demo this week and "The Voice" got a 3.2 on Tuesdays, and as of now those will be Glee's time slot along with for some time "Pretty Little Liars".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 7:41 pm

I love how the Ass lickers who would boast that Glee was now Blee and how Blaine/Darren was the center of the show and how New Directions was so wonderful and better with the Noobs and it was fine that the NY characters got only few minutes of screentime because of so many more characters to service in Lima, BUT..in no way shape or form is any of that responsible NOW for the shitty ratings and declining numbers. LOL.

Wait for the wailing if "The Voice" and "NCIS" actually go up against Glee next Spring.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 8:10 pm

it's going to be a slaughter! why am i actually happy?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 10:22 pm

Glee moving to the tougher time slot on Tuesdays at 8 PM, I just don't know.

If it goes down lower then then 1.4 it has now, I think FOX would be hard pressed to renew Glee for a whole season next year.

The actors all know next year is the last , though I wonder if some of them privately wouldn't mind a half season to finally be able to do some of those outside projects they've had to turn down.  If  Glee is only going to get , say half a season, then  they would be through with Glee in about 12 months as opposed to 18.

Jane Lynch will be more than fine, Ditto Matt Morrison, I can see Matt being the go to Broadway guy for the next decade, though I wouldn't be surprised if Matt gets another TV series.

Of the younger actors, I think Chris, Lea, Darren and Naya will get more than their fair share of opportunities.  Chris I'm guessing will want to get away from being tied down to another networks series initially and may try to get a few movie roles, along with his book deals.  I could also see him wanting to  do some stage work.

I know, for example, there has been talk of finally doing a filmed version of Prop 8, as well as his planned Asylum movie , the Biopic movie scheduled, as well as a couple of other screenplays he's alluded to he's written.   Plus he's already had feelers for a LOS movie adaptation and a LOS musical.   Chris has so many coals in the fire that while he publicly might not say anything, privately he has list a mile long of stuff that is in the back burner as of  now because of his Glee commitment and he could be getting antsy.  I think Chris is appreciative of Glee but the fact that they have an end date, I can't help but feel his agent (and Naya, Lea's, etc) are already working hard trying to line things up as soon as the last day of shooting is over.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2013, 11:14 pm

After seeing that Glee probably goes up against The Voice and NCSI, I don't think so if its will be able to get better numbers. I'm sorry but what I've read, NCSI is the most popular series in the US, so how Glee is competing against them?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/25/2013, 11:09 pm

Dianna looks awesome in this video. I just have to posted it

p.s probably it should be moved to the Music Thread.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/27/2013, 11:17 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mwyb4ysNBJ1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/27/2013, 11:22 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mwyb4ysNBJ1qe476yo2_r1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_mwyb4ysNBJ1qe476yo3_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 11:35 pm

OMG,

Is Grant drunk twittering about Chris' ass ?   ptdr

I so hope Chris responds...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/27/2013, 11:41 pm

Buenos wrote:OMG,

Is Grant drunk twittering about Chris' ass ?   ptdr

I so hope Chris responds...
He does appear to be drunk. Razz

Chris was tweeting earlier. I just want to get his reaction.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next