General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Kurt Hummel on 9/3/2013, 5:23 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Okay, you are a nice and reasonable Klainer. Plus you most certainly love Kurt. I have a question.

Spoiler:
Why do you believe the engagement is a positive storyline? They are not dating. Blaine was crushing in Sam, singing songs and using Kurt as an excuse. Blaine very obviously flirted with the guy in the gym. Kurt still had no say in the matter at all, we never his side and Blaine never apologized so far (okay, that may still come). I really get you want them back together, of course you do, but how does an engagement fit?! I mean, the entire storyline just screams disaster about the happen. And I would say that about every single couple on TV; including my favorites one. For me, it just doesn't make sense.
I'll take this over to spoiler thread so we don't ruin it for anyone who may be trying to avoid spoilers. neutre 
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/3/2013, 5:25 am

Kurt Hummel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Okay, you are a nice and reasonable Klainer. Plus you most certainly love Kurt. I have a question.

Spoiler:
Why do you believe the engagement is a positive storyline? They are not dating. Blaine was crushing in Sam, singing songs and using Kurt as an excuse. Blaine very obviously flirted with the guy in the gym. Kurt still had no say in the matter at all, we never his side and Blaine never apologized so far (okay, that may still come). I really get you want them back together, of course you do, but how does an engagement fit?! I mean, the entire storyline just screams disaster about the happen. And I would say that about every single couple on TV; including my favorites one. For me, it just doesn't make sense.
I'll take this over to spoiler thread so we don't ruin it for anyone who may be trying to avoid spoilers. neutre 
Sure, that is most certainly a good idea neutre 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/3/2013, 11:57 am

Kurt Hummel wrote:I wish the new episodes would air already. This hiatus seems like it's been going on forever.
Indeed. But the mid-season hiatus will be even longer, won't it?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/3/2013, 11:58 am

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
Kurt Hummel wrote:I wish the new episodes would air already. This hiatus seems like it's been going on forever.
I dread the new epsiodes. I don't know if I want to see them at all Razz . But for you as a Klainer, lot to look forward to. I feel sorry for you already, because the majority of us will probably transform in raging bitches... again fanny2 
I am dreading it too. Not sure if I will be watching. I am afraid  every character will be trashing and bashing Kurt for not forgiving and not taking Blaine back sooner. If that happens  I am done with Glee. Especially , if Burt trashes and bashes Kurt.
I'm still on the "don't want to watch" team . . . dryy 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/3/2013, 12:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:PLus, if spoilers are correct, I like this fact:
Spoiler:
Everybody and his brother serenading in AYNIL that most wonderful and desirable creature in Glee, Kurt Hummell..
So it's all good for me.
Where is this coming from?
Spoiler:
OH the implied spoilers  that all the choir clubs , including Warblers, Vocal Adrenaline, and the Deaf Choir as well as New Directions sing backup to Blaine serenading Kurt with "All you need is love".  Everyone in Glee should sing to Kurt.  Razz 
Of course I prefer Kurt sing, but hey I'll take what I can get.  
Spoiler:
Mmmh, but considering the suspected storyline, I am actually not happy. Generally I don't like public proposals, if the second party doesn't actually expect it. Just adds too much pressure on that poor person. But yeah, everyone should lay on the ground and worship Kurt fanny2 

I am extremely happy this board has some activity again. the last days were kind of odd blinkk fanny2 

I agree with both your points!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/3/2013, 1:11 pm

Last year the character of Kurt was fairly consistent so I don't actually have problems with how Kurt was portrayed. Even in the cheating SL, Kurt was upset, angry, did not buy Blaine's rationalizations and broke up with him despite loving him. I thought that was "realistic' (with a huge grain of salt) as Glee gets. Kurt wanted desperately to move on, but couldn't.

I loved his bitching at Rachel, the give and take with Santana, and even his smack down of the NYADA sycophants. His smack down of Tina was also hilarious. To me Kurt is more confident and doesn't have to apologize for being gay anymore, and that was refreshing to see.

It's unfair how Chris gets better looking every year on the show. Just so unfair. Razz 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/3/2013, 3:57 pm

Buenos wrote:
Last year the character of Kurt was fairly consistent so I don't actually have problems with how Kurt was portrayed.  Even  in the cheating SL, Kurt was upset, angry, did not buy Blaine's rationalizations and broke up with him despite loving him.  I thought that was  "realistic'  (with a huge grain of salt) as Glee gets.  Kurt wanted desperately to move on, but couldn't.

I loved his bitching at Rachel, the give and take with Santana, and even his smack down of the NYADA sycophants.  His smack down of Tina was also hilarious.  To me Kurt is more confident and doesn't have to apologize for being gay anymore, and that was refreshing to see.

It's unfair how Chris gets better looking every year on the show.  Just so unfair.  Razz 
Please, you should be happy for that. Is another reason to watch this damn show Smile

Though sometimes I hate him for makes me watch Glee when I want to quit.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 9/4/2013, 9:53 am

Buenos wrote:
Last year the character of Kurt was fairly consistent so I don't actually have problems with how Kurt was portrayed.  Even  in the cheating SL, Kurt was upset, angry, did not buy Blaine's rationalizations and broke up with him despite loving him.  I thought that was  "realistic'  (with a huge grain of salt) as Glee gets.  Kurt wanted desperately to move on, but couldn't. 
I thought Kurt was fairly consistent (or Chris had done a marvelous job in making Kurt consistent with the minimal screentime he got) right up till 'I Do'. I got whiplash from the sudden switch from a Kurt who felt betrayed and hurt and who was trying to move on to a Kurt who would jump his ex-bf in the backseat of the car (while technically seeing someone else). Ah, but it did show us a very sexy and sensual side of Kurt, so I won't complain and would choose to deal with the episode as I would one of those Halloween specials on the Simpsons-- as a stand-a-alone episode totally disconnected from TV series.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/5/2013, 3:20 am

Some posted all Grant's tweets about Chris on tumblr and the ones where they tweeted each other back.  Smile 

He is as big a fanboy of Chris as Kevin is.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/5/2013, 3:41 am

ColferInspired wrote:Some posted all Grant's tweets about Chris on tumblr and the ones where they tweeted each other back.  Smile 

He is as big a fanboy of Chris as Kevin is.
My fave Grant tweet from last year:

Grant GustinVerified account ‏@grantgust

Wait. Stop. Lets Have a Kiki is the best thing I've ever seen. @brookelipton @chriscolfer @msleamichele

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/5/2013, 12:42 pm

Didn't realize that the Luc Besson movie Dianna Agron stars in comes out already next friday, Sept 13!   That was a quick turnaround for a Grade A/name type of movie (Roberto DeNiro , Michelle Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones, the director Besson) since they didn't complete filming until late October of last year so in theaters in 10 1/2 months.

Thrilled for Dianna and hope it does well for her sake.   She and Chris also seem to get along very well, as do most of the Glee cast with each other.

I'm sure Ryan Murphy will be thrilled over Dianna's post Glee  success.  Razz

The movie certainly is not Glee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVlSrm-SNog
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/5/2013, 9:41 pm

Seems like more of the glee people are branching out at once

Naya's single being released on ITUNES
Dianna's movie opening next week
Amber on "Dancing with the Stars"
Kurt with his books and the pending biopic (plus some LOS stuff looming)
Jane's (renewed for next season) game show, getting her Hollywood star

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 9/5/2013, 10:55 pm

Buenos wrote:Seems like more of the glee people are branching out at once

I think you mean Chris, not Kurt. tonguue

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/5/2013, 11:12 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:Seems like more of the glee people are branching out at once

I think you mean Chris, not Kurt. tonguue
uhuhu 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 9/8/2013, 1:22 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 9/9/2013, 7:25 am

You know, I was on vacation the last 2 weeks and didn't really keep in touch with Glee news and the forum, but coming back, I realize that I am really over Glee. None of the spoilers excite me. I don't trust RIB not to eff up the tribute to Finn by subjecting me to a goddamn Blam duet. Kurt in Lima at the start of the season depresses me. The "Kliss" seems to come out of nowhere, and considering that this apperently isn't a dream sequence I guess Kurt gets back to Blaine in a blink, no developpement whatsoever. NYC SL's are focused on Rachel and Santana, which is OK in itself, but Kurt seems to be left out: we never got to see him work at Vogue except from 1 scene in TBU (the rest was him discussing with Isabelle, but never him being challenged at work), and Santana worked in a bar but we just heard of it, but now Rachel is working and she gets to sing about it right away?

Could Kurt and Santana have more SL that do not involve Rachel? Can they be more than props? I don't know.

Honestly, I took the opportunity of this summer to watch other shows or catch up on other shows (Game of Thrones, The Wire, Mad Men...) and Glee really sufferred the comparison. I know the genre is not supposed to be the same, but the quality in every aspect: dialogues, plot consistency, character development, and even acting (I know Chris is über talented and so are other Glee cast members, but seriously on a global scale, the whole cast of GoT blows Glee out of the water effortlessy: Darren Criss wouldn't even be considered to audition, much less hog the screen in GoT)... It just didn't make me want to watch Glee again. It was great to watch a TV show without rolling my eyes or being frustrated/yell at my screen, to get excited for the next episode rather than dreading it, and to enjoy every character I follow...

Seriously, without Chris, Glee would have been long forgotten for me, and even Kurt had lost a bit of his appeal to me the lastest seasons, due to RIB silencing him, keeping him out of the screen, or making him too much "high road".

What I am trying to say is that I admire all of you for being so patient and dedicated with Chris to have the courage to still hope and still be somewhat excited about Glee. I will come and discuss the Kurt edits here, and everything Chris realted outside of Glee, but I fear I'm done with Glee.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/9/2013, 7:27 am

coxfire wrote:You know, I was on vacation the last 2 weeks and didn't really keep in touch with Glee news and the forum, but coming back, I realize that I am really over Glee. None of the spoilers excite me. I don't trust RIB not to eff up the tribute to Finn by subjecting me to a goddamn Blam duet. Kurt in Lima at the start of the season depresses me. The "Kliss" seems to come out of nowhere, and considering that this apperently isn't a dream sequence I guess Kurt gets back to Blaine in a blink, no developpement whatsoever. NYC SL's are focused on Rachel and Santana, which is OK in itself, but Kurt seems to be left out: we never got to see him work at Vogue except from 1 scene in TBU (the rest was him discussing with Isabelle, but never him being challenged at work), and Santana worked in a bar but we just heard of it, but now Rachel is working and she gets to sing about it right away?

Could Kurt and Santana have more SL that do not involve Rachel? Can they be more than props? I don't know.

Honestly, I took the opportunity of this summer to watch other shows or catch up on other shows (Game of Thrones, The Wire, Mad Men...) and Glee really sufferred the comparison. I know the genre is not supposed to be the same, but the quality in every aspect: dialogues, plot consistency, character development, and even acting (I know Chris is über talented and so are other Glee cast members, but seriously on a global scale, the whole cast of GoT blows Glee out of the water effortlessy: Darren Criss wouldn't even be considered to audition, much less hog the screen in GoT)... It just didn't make me want to watch Glee again. It was great to watch a TV show without rolling my eyes or being frustrated/yell at my screen, to get excited for the next episode rather than dreading it, and to enjoy every character I follow...  

Seriously, without Chris, Glee would have been long forgotten for me, and even Kurt had lost a bit of his appeal to me the lastest seasons, due to RIB silencing him, keeping him out of the screen, or making him too much "high road".

What I am trying to say is that I admire all of you for being so patient and dedicated with Chris to have the courage to still hope and still be somewhat excited about Glee. I will come and discuss the Kurt edits here, and everything Chris realted outside of Glee, but I fear I'm done with Glee.
I understand. I feel the same.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/9/2013, 7:30 am

^Third.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/9/2013, 7:33 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^Third.
Not a good sign, is it?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/9/2013, 7:36 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Not a good sign, is it?
Nope. I also bet many more will agree with us. Not just the Kurt fandom either.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/9/2013, 11:13 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Not a good sign, is it?
Exactly. Last season I noticed that lots of people watch Glee because of their favorite characters, but not because the series itself.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/9/2013, 6:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Not a good sign, is it?
From what I read online a lot of (fandom based) viewers will say goodbye to Glee after the Cory/Finn tribute.

Add to that the Kurtsies who will stop watching if Klaine gets back together again.
And add to that the former fans who only watch their favorite actor/character's edits anymore if the focus still will be on Blee/Lima.

I suspect that the ratings will drop rapidly after episode 3, unless RIB show a lot of promise of a different Glee than season 4 (a shift to NY and more focus on the old main characters) and manage to solidify that in those first 3 eps.
But looking at the song distribution I think it's safe to say they will not do that in the Beatles episodes, and that only leaves the Cory/Finn tribute to try to convince viewers to keep watching.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/9/2013, 7:30 pm

i assume those fans whose only like cory/finn will definitely leave glee, if not already. there's really very little reason to watch it. i will not even watch the whole finn episode, only the kurt edits.

i am not even sure if there will be a season 6 if the rating this year tanks too much.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/9/2013, 7:55 pm

The only episode I will be watching for sure is the tribute episode.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/9/2013, 8:07 pm

The GA is not Gleefandom. It's about 5-8 million who watched last year.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top