Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  Buenos on 9/9/2013, 2:50 pm

I'm just surprised they are filming so late for Episode 1.

Agree that the "Funny Girl" marquee doesn't make much sense, especially if they haven't even cast the lead yet.

This I find interesting:

I think the loss of Cory/Finn  has stumped the writers how to keep McKinley relevant.  My own speculation is that they will keep Sam and Blaine tied into the McKinley choir side even after graduation.

Artie will go on over to NY with the gang there, including  the guest stars there the show will keep that going for the rest of the year.   IMO there is nothing to indicate that the NY is going to recede into the background, the show seems invested in  beefing it up.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/9/2013, 2:57 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm just surprised they are filming so late for Episode 1.

Agree that the "Funny Girl" marquee doesn't make much sense, especially if they haven't even cast the lead yet.

This I find interesting:

I think the loss of Cory/Finn  has stumped the writers how to keep McKinley relevant.  My own speculation is that they will keep Sam and Blaine tied into the McKinley choir side even after graduation.

Artie will go on over to NY with the gang there, including  the guest stars there the show will keep that going for the rest of the year.   IMO there is nothing to indicate that the NY is going to recede into the background, the show seems invested in  beefing it up.
While I believe the first episode might have been Finn-centric (they were loading the dorm set earlier this summer), I don't buy that the team had a season planned that was messed up by Cory's death--not like the press releases and interviews have implied. I think that's more PR.

I do think they're stumped about how to keep Ohio relevant and how to deal with the split narrative.

A part of me wonders about the Ohio nurse character who is supposed to be Sam's new LI. I wonder if she was originally slated to be Finn's new LI (fellow college student).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/9/2013, 3:04 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Ok, so on ontd_glee they noticed that the episode 1 director is on set in Manhattan. So this is for episode 1, probably something to do with "Yesterday."

However, if they haven't done a time jump, and this isn't a dream sequence, then it makes no sense whatsoever for there to be a Funny Girl marquee. The show isn't even in rehearsal or cast yet. Marquees go up LATE, usually after out of town tryouts.

dryy 
My guess is that if this scene is filming "Yesterday" then Rachel is mourning the passing of a dream of hers (getting the role of Fanny Brice). The look on Rachel's face in one of those shots was positively wistful as she looks up at the marquee. A mournful song for a girl who sits shiva at anytime things don't go her way. Agree that it's pointless for the marquee to be up at this point, but it's not a point that I think that most in the audience will be bothered by and it would hammer home the point that the show is going on without Rachel. At least for now.

I'm not totally surprised that they're filming some of Rachel's scenes this late. Not given what's been going on with Lea the past two months. I think that the show has been trying to be very sensative to her needs in the immediate aftermath (which is to their credit). And Lea looks absolutely lovely there. She really needs bright colors with her complexion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/9/2013, 3:06 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
A part of me wonders about the Ohio nurse character who is supposed to be Sam's new LI. I wonder if she was originally slated to be Finn's new LI (fellow college student).
I've always thought that the  nurse was suppose to be a midgame LI for Finn.  Regardless of how big Finn's proposed role was for S5, nobody else can really fit his place.  Let's face it, Chord is OK, but Sam  never has been a lead type of character (which was one of the big problems with S4, they tried to force Sam with more screentime, and it fell flat).  I think the show has grasped that Marley/Jake can't hold a narrative , they are simply not that interesting.

Sam getting yet another LI is just silly and more than a bit desperate.  The character has no real center to him, as far as writing SL's around him at all.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/9/2013, 3:16 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
I do think they're stumped about how to keep Ohio relevant and how to deal with the split narrative.

I think you might be right about the shift in making Finn's LI into Sam's. Because pairing her with Sam makes absolutely no sense. I would have liked to have seen Finn paired with someone other than Rachel, who had her own ambitions but didn't steamroll over him in the rush to chase her dreams (and in turn, encourage Finn to explore realistic options for his own future). Pairing her with Sam seemed... well, random.

I agree that the show is really lost in trying to figure out a way to keep McKinley relevent and now with Cory gone (and Matt with one foot out the door), they're really stuck. Besides Blaine, there really is nothing there for an audience to gravitate towards. The noobs are bland and failed to revitalize things the way they were meant to. Now with the last of the original group (and earliest additions) graduating, they're at a total loss. Having Finn remain to mentor the new group was their ace in the hole to bridge the old and the new and now it's gone. With all of the adult characters in McKinley downgraded from what they were (and none more shamefully than Matt), there's nothing left to hold that location together.

Remember when Schu, Sue and Emma all had storylines that had nothing to do with New Directions? I miss those days.

Still waiting for some solid Kurt spoilers. Dammit! Mad
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/9/2013, 3:35 pm

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv on 9/9/2013, 4:09 pm

Buenos wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
I've always thought that the  nurse was suppose to be a midgame LI for Finn.  Regardless of how big Finn's proposed role was for S5, nobody else can really fit his place.  Let's face it, Chord is OK, but Sam  never has been a lead type of character (which was one of the big problems with S4, they tried to force Sam with more screentime, and it fell flat).  I think the show has grasped that Marley/Jake can't hold a narrative , they are simply not that interesting.

Sam getting yet another LI is just silly and more than a bit desperate.  The character has no real center to him, as far as writing SL's around him at all.
You're probably right about the LI being for Finn.

As for Chord, I think the main problem was in giving Sam more screentime they paired him with two of the weakest actors on the show for almost all of that screentime, creating a vortex of bland suck that's so much suckier than its individual parts (except for Blaine... I think Blam toned down Darren/Blaine's 'blackhole of suck and bland', slightly... )

And as for Sam, the core problem is when they de-gayed Sam and robbed him/Chord of that role/storyline, the writers have been floundering on what to do with him ever since. Chord worked well with Chris and seemed to still play to that 'discarded' storyline 'til the last with cute background moments between Kurt and Sam...

... Until Kurt graduated, leaving CHORD floundering on what to do with Sam because there was no one left he could play off/with.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 9/9/2013, 4:45 pm

Lea looks absolutely lovely. She really should wear purple more often. wub

I almost feel bad for Chord. He really had nice chemistry with some of the better actors like Chris, Dianna, Lea, Cory, and even Naya, but this season, they paired him with 2 of the weakest actors on the show. I know it's a running gag for him to be the Glee doorknob, but I was kind of hoping in the beginning of season 4 that he would pair up with Marley. They seemed to bond over their mutual poorness and it would've helped strengthen the bridge between the oldies and newbies. But instead, the newbies only interacted with each other, and they threw Marley (who had the potential to be a good character) into a Twilight-esque love triangle. dryy 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/9/2013, 4:55 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Lea looks absolutely lovely. She really should wear purple more often. wub

She looks gorgeous!

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/9/2013, 5:23 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Lea looks absolutely lovely. She really should wear purple more often. wub

She looks gorgeous!

She looks pretty Smile. And I want that trenchcoat, but in purple.

And, I thought she didn't get the role at the end, because that why she decided to work at the diner. Right?

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/9/2013, 5:24 pm

brisallie wrote:
Buenos wrote:

She looks gorgeous!

She looks pretty Smile. And I want that trenchcoat, but in purple.

And, I thought she didn't get the role at the end, because that why she decided to work at the diner. Right?
We'll find out. I don't expect it to make sense. I think she'll get an ensemble role or something, and they'll conveniently ignore the fact that a ensemble role on Broadway is an actual job, so she wouldn't be able to school or, most likely, hold down a waitressing job.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/9/2013, 5:47 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
We'll find out. I don't expect it to make sense. I think she'll get an ensemble role or something, and they'll conveniently ignore the fact that a ensemble role on Broadway is an actual job, so she wouldn't be able to school or, most likely, hold down a waitressing job.
I guess you're referring to Glee writers Smile. At this point I shouldn't be surprised how easily they forget things when is convenient for them. Because I remember in 4x01, one of the students of Cassandra told her he wasn't able to take her class, because he was accepted in a Broadway show. But one thing is a background character, and another thing is the 'star' of the show.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 9/9/2013, 9:42 pm

brisallie wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
I guess you're referring to Glee writers Smile. At this point I shouldn't be surprised how easily they forget things when is convenient for them. Because  I remember in 4x01, one of the students of Cassandra told her he wasn't able to take her class, because he was accepted in a Broadway show. But one thing is a background character, and another thing is the 'star' of the show.
Yeah, I meant the writers. Embarassed 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/9/2013, 9:52 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
I guess you're referring to Glee writers Smile. At this point I shouldn't be surprised how easily they forget things when is convenient for them. Because  I remember in 4x01, one of the students of Cassandra told her he wasn't able to take her class, because he was accepted in a Broadway show. But one thing is a background character, and another thing is the 'star' of the show.
Yeah, I meant the writers. Embarassed 
Please don't feel bad. I'm the one who didn't understand at first and wanted to confirm if you were referring to them. Is fine Smile

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/10/2013, 1:02 am

ohmycarlisle:

Feeling “Glee-ful!” Looks like @peterfacinelli & Ioan Gruffudd filmed scenes for “Glee” last week. #Glee

According to the call sheet it looks like they will be sharing scenes with Rachel (Lea Michele) on the season premiere.

Super excited! This came to me rather randomly, but thanks to the friend who shared!
Seriously, Ioan Gruffud? wub wub 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 9/10/2013, 2:21 am

I know, Buenos! DEAD
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/10/2013, 2:36 am

Georgette888 wrote:I know, Buenos! DEAD
Everytime I think i'm through with this show, and now they tease me with Horatio Hornblower...!

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/10/2013, 2:40 am

Glee Sings the Beatles by Glee Cast

Pre-order Glee Sings the Beatles on iTunes

Yesterday (Glee Cast Version) - 2:33
Drive My Car (Glee Cast Version) - 2:32
Got To Get You Into My Life (Glee Cast Version) - 2:29
You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (Glee Cast Version) - 2:43
Help (Glee Cast Version) - 2:18
A Hard Day’s Night (Glee Cast Version) - 2:27
I Saw Her Standing There (Glee Cast Version) - 2:40
All You Need Is Love (Glee Cast Version) - 3:16
Get Back (Glee Cast Version) - 2:26
Here Comes The Sun (Glee Cast Version) [feat. Demi Lovato] - 3:00
Something (Glee Cast Version) - 3:01
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Glee Cast Version) - 1:54
Hey Jude (Glee Cast Version) - 4:51
Let It Be (Glee Cast Version) - 4:03
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/10/2013, 2:50 am

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/10/2013, 6:37 am

Oh my.....Ioan Gruffud and Peter Facinelli..... aa54 

Bring it! hiphopa

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 9/10/2013, 6:44 am

Who is Ioan Gruffud and why is everyone freaking out?! I just imdb'ed him and still have no idea unsure 

Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 9/10/2013, 6:58 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Who is Ioan Gruffud  and why is everyone freaking out?! I just imdb'ed him and still have no idea unsure 

I only know him from being Mr Fantastic in the Fantastic 4...

Even if I like Facinelli, I feel like TPTB are once again counting on the "guests" to prop the show (Adam Lambert, Demi Lovato, Ioan Gruffud, Peter Facinelli)... It's like they don't trust the writers to deliver scripts good enough and thus resort to stunt casting to somewhat keep Glee "interesting"...

Desperate moves...
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/10/2013, 7:09 am

I know Ioan Gruffudd from Titanic and 102 Dalmatians.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/10/2013, 7:10 am

coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Who is Ioan Gruffud  and why is everyone freaking out?! I just imdb'ed him and still have no idea unsure 

Even if I like Facinelli, I feel like TPTB are once again counting on the "guests" to prop the show (Adam Lambert, Demi Lovato, Ioan Gruffud, Peter Facinelli)... It's like they don't trust the writers to deliver scripts good enough and thus resort to stunt casting to somewhat keep Glee "interesting"...

Desperate moves...
If they are that desperate, they will start giving Kurt more storyline and songs, because if not, judging from Chris's latest interview he is ready to walk away from the show.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/10/2013, 7:14 am

ColferInspired wrote:
coxfire wrote:

Desperate moves...
If they are that desperate, they will start giving Kurt more storyline and songs, because if not, judging from Chris's latest interview he is ready to walk away from the show.
I agree. If Chris walks from the show. I am done with Glee for sure. I am close to being done as it is.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top