Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

+26
Delight
bayth
Kurt Hummel
ladydianab
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
SippyCupofLuv
ChrisColferFan1
Georgette888
brisallie
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
sheny
arina
fantastica
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
opals
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
30 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  Buenos 8/24/2013, 12:30 am

I think the whole spoiler thing got out of hand last year.

There was no suspense since most songs and even story lines were revealed ahead of time.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  ColferInspired 8/24/2013, 12:43 am

Buenos wrote:I think the whole spoiler thing got out of hand last year.

There was no suspense since most songs and even story lines were revealed ahead of time.
I just think it will be a bigger mark of respect if this episode was left no longer spoiled.

This isn't a Whitney tribute or Michael Jackson tribute, so I feel it should be treated differently.

Like I said if the cast want to tweet about, or even the crew, then they have every right to.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/24/2013, 1:02 am

If I had to pick one song for the tribute it would be "Wind Beneath My Wings" from the movie Beaches.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/24/2013, 5:44 am

GOBr said they wouldn't spoil this ep at all and I agreed with that with relief and now PopWrapped are doing it and I HATE it.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/24/2013, 9:09 am

Georgette888 wrote:GOBr said they wouldn't spoil this ep at all and I agreed with that with relief and now PopWrapped are doing it and I HATE it.
They are doing it to get hits on their site. :angry: 

I hope all they are getting is the wrong information. :angry: 

And I am relieved GOBr aren't going to spoil the tribute.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/24/2013, 11:13 am

The one time GOBr does something right, and then some other vulture takes over.dryy 

I also think too much gets spoiled. Last season was a disaster in the fandom because of that. So many spoilers got interpreted wrong or taken out of context and blown up.
We had the audio snippets and several spoiler sites, and by the time the episodes aired we practically knoew everything, or thought we knew everything.
GOBr and Joaquin trolled the fandom hard, and I can't believe some parts of the fandom allow themselves to be trolled by them again. Evil or Very Mad

I don't mind knowing the songs and the singers in the episodes beforehand, although even that can lead to fanwank and wars these days, but at least it's better than having to decipher who's singing on what song at First Listen Friday. Remember when noone knew who was singing on the BeeGees songs? Razz 

TPTB must have seen how much wank the too many spoilers caused last season, and yet they are giving us an overload again, only often with a calculated PR twist. The Klaine kiss being the most prominent example.
GOBr first said they wouldn't be back this season, then they said they would only spoil the songs, but now they are back with all kinds of spoilers again, trolling and enjoying the power they have over parts of the fandom. Same with Joaquin (who I can't stand).

I wouldn't mind the songs of episode 3 to be spoiled, the titles and who's singing on them. But not just 1 or 2 songs, and leaving the rest open to speculate about. There's just too much tension in the fandom about it at the moment.
But I'm glad to know that Dot Marie and Romy will be there for the tribute, and I think Mark will be back too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/24/2013, 11:56 am

Someone elsewhere asked me to give my thoughts on the Klaine duet from what we're able to hear so far on te youtube videos. Some things I already mentioned here, but since I made the whole shabang anyway, I thought I'd post it here as well. So here goes:

- A big positive is that it seems like this duet is an actual duet, meaning a more 50/50 split of lines. Plus Chris is starting the song, so there's no way they can cut that out (and I think that this is already the cut version for the episode).
- It isn't so audible on the audio of the link above, but in one of the youtube videos you can hear (of which I'm 90% sure, so there is margin for error and don't kill me if I'm wrong, please mince ) that Chris is singing the lead on a line or 2, while Darren sings a higher 2nd voice, which is not new for Klaine, but very, very rare. And this type of harmony doesn't sound half bad for them in GTGYIML, which is surprising, as Chris usually gets pushed in the higher 2nd voice and I never liked that Klaine harmony.
- We all know that Darren and Chris don't really sound very good together when actually singing together (which usually results in Chris being edited softer and Darren louder), and I'm glad that they avoided that in GTGYIML by letting them mostly sing in turns, with the exception of only those few harmony lines I already mentioned.
- I think Chris sounds better on GTGYIML than Darren. Let all the nay-sayers who say that he is not able to sing up-tempo and pop songs go stand in a corner with a donkey-hat on, because Chris obviously can (and has proven so before). His vibrato is rich in GTGYIML, but not too distracting or 'slow' for an up-tempo Beatles song. And he puts some 'grit' in his voice too: he even growls at one moment, yummie.miamiam 
- Darren is good on the verses, except for the high last notes of the verses which he sings too loudly. And he definitely overshouts in the "Got To Get You Into My Life" lines, which are simply too high for his range (Bflat-C). I have to say that I really, really don't like that. But this is a very muddled audio of the song, so we'll have to wait for a HQ audio before judging too harshly yet.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 8/24/2013, 12:01 pm

I agree that nobody should be spoiling this episode...it's disrespectful and tacky to do that, whether it's to get attention, hits and publicity, or just to stir the fandoms up. And the various fandoms should just make peace with each other as far as this episode goes, because it should be all about Finn and Cory, not about any of your other favourites.

In fact, there should be less spoilers for all other episodes as well, it just ruins people's enjoyment of the show.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/24/2013, 12:21 pm

This might put some people at ease about the originals being in the Cory tribute:

Amber Patrice Riley ‏@MsAmberPRiley 4h

Happy tears, so very grateful. @msleamichele @JennaUshkowitz @druidDUDE @NayaRivera @DiannaAgron @MarkSalling @ChrisColfer @iharryshum
I don't want to know everything about 5x03, but it's good to know that the originals will be together again. It only seems fitting.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/24/2013, 12:26 pm

I am so happy to hear that all the originals will be there, especialy Mark considering Puck was Finn's best friend and I also think they were really close even in real life.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/24/2013, 1:18 pm

Somebody tweeted that Chris was going to be shirtless for the first episode. So there is a God, after all???ded 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/24/2013, 1:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote: - Darren is good on the verses, except for the high last notes of the verses which he sings too loudly. And he definitely overshouts in the "Got To Get You Into My Life" lines, which are simply too high for his range (Bflat-C). I have to say that I really, really don't like that. But this is a very muddled audio of the song, so we'll have to wait for a HQ audio before judging too harshly yet.
I'm not the expert you are, but I get the impression that because Darren has no vibrato and is not capable of the more complex nuances that singers like Chris, Amber and Lea are that he compensates by going loud. It seems to be his way of adding the emotional punch or passion that other singers can do more subtlety. I'm not doing this to slam Darren, but I'm totally fed up with him being praised as being such a great singer as justification for him getting so many solos and lead performances. A great performer (if you don't mind the derping faces) perhaps, and a showman. But not a great singer.

I'm so glad to see that all the originals reunited for Cory's tribute. It's the only really fitting way to honor him and his contributions to the show. I'm expecting some serious tears from me the night the episode airs and I almost never cry from shows or movies.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/24/2013, 1:19 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Somebody tweeted that Chris was going to be shirtless for the first episode. So there is a God, after all???ded 
I don't know what's going to be more entertaining... finally seeing Chris shirtless (especially given how toned he's gotten in the past few years) but the total tumblr meltdown that will follow.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/24/2013, 1:26 pm

Call me weird but I was always proud Kurt never was shirtless on the show - didn't need to be shirtless to bring the attention.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/24/2013, 1:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Somebody tweeted that Chris was going to be shirtless for the first episode. So there is a God, after all???ded 
I don't know what's going to be more entertaining... finally seeing Chris shirtless (especially given how toned he's gotten in the past few years) but the total tumblr meltdown that will follow.
There's already a meltdown and it hasn't been proven official yet.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/24/2013, 2:05 pm

Totally my own opinion, but I've always felt the shirtless stuff was not only to gain ratings, but to distract from the limitations of those who took off their shirts so easily.  Mark is nice, but frankly there isn't that much to Puck, but he takes his shirt off.  Sam, decent actor in the right group of people, but nothing remarkable.  People elevate him, not the other way around.  But he has great abs, so let's look at those.

Chris, on the other hand, has made Kurt a multi-dimensional character.  If he takes off his shirt, while I think it will help ratings, it is also to show Kurt finally THAT comfortable with himself.  The layers, literally, are gone.  He doesn't need his armor anymore.  So if he does, fangirl me is more than okay with that Wink the fangirl is also ok with Kurt maintaining his modesty.  It has more than one purpose.  

I am happy that everyone seems to return for the tribute.  Harry Shum has been so shafted by this series, it is nice to know he still exists.  Puck, even though they showed them more at odds, than as best bros, in canon they are supposed to be inseparable, so it is right for him to be there.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/24/2013, 2:10 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm not the expert you are, but I get the impression that because Darren has no vibrato and is not capable of the more complex nuances that singers like Chris, Amber and Lea are that he compensates by going loud. It seems to be his way of adding the emotional punch or passion that other singers can do more subtlety.
It's partly adding effect, yes, but also partly (mainly, in this case, I think) because he simply can't belt the high notes. The Bflat and tenor C are out of his reach to belt properly.
Also, just to clarify for the lovely lurkers here: not a diss at Darren but simple vocal mathematics.

ColdFlame96 wrote:There's already a meltdown and it hasn't been proven official yet.
You gotta love the Colferites. Smile

Chris has been teasing us for so long, we're going crazy at just the mentioning of skin being revealed.
It's like the dance of the 7 veils. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/24/2013, 2:54 pm

Am I the only Chris-stan who doesn't care him to be shirtless on Glee?! Razz  I want to see him act, I really don't need to see his chest. But the current tumblr-meltdown is already very amusing. So much once again how unattractive Kurt is according to FOX standards Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 8/24/2013, 2:55 pm

If nothing else, Colfer has certainly proven that sometimes a little modesty is the sexiest thing of all. Tumblr is melting down at the (unconfirmed) mere mention of him showing some skin.

Mark and Chord could probably walk around half naked for three quarters of the episode and no one would bat an eyelash. Let Chris lose an undershirt or show three inches of back and Tumblr is in full blown riot mode. It's hilarious! Laughing 
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/24/2013, 3:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Am I the only Chris-stan who doesn't care him to be shirtless on Glee?! Razz  I want to see him act, I really don't need to see his chest. But the current tumblr-meltdown is already very amusing. So much once again how unattractive Kurt is according to FOX standards Twisted Evil 
Well I personally don't care about seeing Chris shirtless either, I just want him to have a good material for acting.

Also, please don't kill me but while I love Chris and also think he is a very handsome man, his body is just too skinny for my taste.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/24/2013, 3:05 pm

^Blasphemy!!!!! schockeed  Mods, do something!!!!

fanny2  TBH: A man's torso/chest never did much for me (I've got other kinks phr34r ), but as a fangirl I just want to see tumblr melt over Chris.

Lottie2303 wrote:Am I the only Chris-stan who doesn't care him to be shirtless on Glee?! Razz  I want to see him act, I really don't need to see his chest. But the current tumblr-meltdown is already very amusing. So much once again how unattractive Kurt is according to FOX standards Twisted Evil 
Well, I wouldn't want him to just go shirtless because he's eye candy and nothing more, but if they can sneek it into an episode with a scene like Kurt coming out of the shower, I'll take it. Razz

Functional nudity, it is called? (or is that just translated from Dutch?)

And I don't even care that it is clear fan pandering. It's high time Kurtsies got some fan pandering on Glee too.vexe
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/24/2013, 3:14 pm

If it fits the scene, I am also happy to see a bit more of Chris. But Darren, Chord and Co were showing in the past their bodies with no reasons at all. I still try to understand why Blaine needed to be in the shower, while singing about his brother. I really don't get it. I don't want Kurt running around shirtless with no reason.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/24/2013, 3:17 pm

I totally forgot about the scene of Blaine in the shower.Razz 
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/24/2013, 3:18 pm

arina wrote:I totally forgot about the scene of Blaine in the shower.Razz 
It is one of the best "lol" moments, while they tried to be serious Razz 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/24/2013, 3:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Blasphemy!!!!! schockeed  Mods, do something!!!!

fanny2  TBH: A man's torso/chest never did much for me (I've got other kinks phr34r ), but as a fangirl I just want to see tumblr melt over Chris.

Well, I wouldn't want him to just go shirtless because he's eye candy and nothing more, but if they can sneek it into an episode with a scene like Kurt coming out of the shower, I'll take it. Razz

Functional nudity, it is called? (or is that just translated from Dutch?)

And I don't even care that it is clear fan pandering. It's high time Kurtsies got some fan pandering on Glee too.vexe
Yes I would love to see that! So far, we've seen both Brody and Rachel come out of te shower in Kurcheltana apartment. It's Kurts turn now!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next