Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 12:19 pm

The potential good news is that if she's a college student it means they are keeping Sam on the McKinley side.  Hopefully forever.

bounce

I'm calling it, he's going to "woo" her his awesome impressions.coool 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 12:23 pm

I'm relieved that Rachel/Lea won't have that much to do in the Tribute Album, way too hard for her.

The perverse in me thinks some fans are already flailing because Santana has an "important" role, I don't mind personally but I'm wondering how they are going to develop that.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/23/2013, 12:27 pm

Buenos wrote:http://www.eonline.com/news/451703/glee-cast-begins-production-on-cory-monteith-tribute-episode-you-will-cry-from-beginning-to-end?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-tvnews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss_tvnews

Gut-wrenching" and "so, so good."

We've talked to sources who have read the script for Glee's Cory Monteith tribute episode, which is scheduled to begin production today in Los Angeles, and by all accounts, it does not disappoint.

"You will cry from beginning to end," says one insider.

"I cried as I read it, on every page," says another.

No spoilers here, but we can tell you that the episode takes place in Lima, Ohio, and centers around the death of Cory's character Finn Hudson. As promised, it is not revealed how Finn died, but the episode starts off with the news of his death and then moves on to focus on all the characters remembering and mourning him, and celebrating his life.

We are told that Lea Michele (Rachel) does not appear in the episode until the final act. Her presence is limited but incredibly powerful. And yes, she does sing.

We can also tell you that Santana (Naya Rivera) has a great, memorable part in the episode.

And the final song? Get ready to ugly cry.
The thought of Lea not being in it until the end kind of makes me a bit nervous about it (but maybe that was all she felt she can handle). I'm guessing that the closing number will be Seasons of Love. I wonder if she is getting the lead soloist on that, or if she will sing something else as well. This kind of makes me suspect that we will get more from the newbies than a lot of people were hoping, but I understand that it may be easier for them to be able to do this than the cast members from day one, who worked with Cory for four years.

I know Amber is coming back. Have we heard word if any of the other originals who were let go are coming back for it?

I just hope that they give Kurt proper focus to mourn and celebrate Finn because since the start, the Furt relationship has been one of the few relationships that actually developed, grew, and changed over time on the show, but was also solidly there throughout even when they weren't getting a lot of screen time together.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 8/23/2013, 12:27 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about Santana's "memorable part in the episode". I don't understand why her. Yes she was the first girl he was with, he was the one who outed her in front of the whole school and later sang her a song to cheer her up but other than that they were never close friends or anything.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 8/23/2013, 12:31 pm

I love how Chris sounds on that Beatles song, hate the circumstances for it but musically it's definitely one of the best Klaine duets.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 12:31 pm

Part of that could simply be Kristin babbling again. For whatever reason she mentioned her. Kristin isn't the most reliable source about anything.

However, if it's Noobs or Santana, I pick Santana.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 8/23/2013, 12:34 pm

I was also kinda surprised to read Santana has the memorable part because she never was very close to Finn... but it's all just based on script and subjective perception, in the episode maybe everything will seem different.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 8/23/2013, 12:36 pm

Buenos wrote:Part of that  could simply be Kristin babbling again.  For whatever reason she mentioned her.  Kristin isn't the most reliable source about anything.

However, if it's Noobs or Santana, I pick Santana.
I would choose Santana over the noobs anytime too. I just hope Kurt and the other originals have their memorable parts as well.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 12:37 pm

arina wrote:I was also kinda surprised to read Santana has the memorable part because she never was very close to Finn... but it's all just based on script and subjective perception, in the episode maybe everything will seem different.
Like I said it's Kristin.

Somehow I don't think "Seasons of Love" is the closing number. I do expect Lea/Rachel to sing in the closing number and that is going to be so difficult to watch.:( 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 8/23/2013, 12:41 pm

arina wrote:I love how Chris sounds on that Beatles song, hate the circumstances for it but musically it's definitely one of the best Klaine duets.
I absolutely adore Chris voice on that song. I'll wait to hear the full song with better quality to decide but form what I've heard so far it sound awesome and might become my new favourite Kurt/Blaine duet after "Baby It's Cold Outside".

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 12:48 pm

sheny wrote:
arina wrote:I love how Chris sounds on that Beatles song, hate the circumstances for it but musically it's definitely one of the best Klaine duets.
I absolutely adore Chris voice on that song. I'll wait to hear the full song with better quality to decide but form what I've heard so far it sound awesome and might become my new favourite Kurt/Blaine duet after "Baby It's Cold Outside".
He sounds wonderful, doesn't he? It's an uptempto pop number and so is the Hummelberry duet "Get Back" so Iove how early in the season they are using his versatility more.

Chris sounds wonderful on showtunes but that is not all he can sing.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/23/2013, 1:07 pm

Have to agree. And it's a proper duet, not that travesty of a solo that was billed as a duet (CWM). Love that Chris gets the lead lyrics for a change and his lower register really is strong and rich. He was really born to sing Beatles songs.

Am waiting to see what the context of this number is. It's possible that Kurt is happy to have his best friend back in his life, while Blaine's intentetions are to get into Kurt's veryt tight camo pants, but we'll have to see. Just glad to see Chris signing more. Three numbers in two episodes is lot where he's concerned. Which is a total crime.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv on 8/23/2013, 1:43 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Have to agree. And it's a proper duet, not that travesty of a solo that was billed as a duet (CWM). Love that Chris gets the lead lyrics for a change and his lower register really is strong and rich. He was really born to sing Beatles songs.

Am waiting to see what the context of this number is. It's possible that Kurt is happy to have his best friend back in his life, while Blaine's intentetions are to get into Kurt's veryt tight camo pants, but we'll have to see. Just glad to see Chris signing more. Three numbers in two episodes is lot where he's concerned. Which is a total crime.
This!

And perhaps this duet is finally more equal because Kurt IS moving on from Blaine and has regained his sense of self and confidence from BEFORE Blaine and before Kurt was klained?

That he is no longer willing to give away who he is. That he no longer is the "lesser/ugly half of Klaine". He is 'Kurt freakin' Hummel and he is glorious!'

(IIRC, if this is equal in the version which airs, it would be the first Klaine duet since BICO that was relatively equal.)

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/23/2013, 1:46 pm

Candles was pretty equal, but it was also awful and Id prefer to have it burned from my brain.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 1:49 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Candles was pretty equal, but it was also awful and Id prefer to have it burned from my brain.
Don't kill me but I liked Candles. I thought it was sweet. phr34r  The boys singing on stage and Puck tearing up...
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 8/23/2013, 1:50 pm

SippyCupofLuv wrote:(IIRC, if this is equal in the version which airs, it would be the first Klaine duet since BICO that was relatively equal.)
ColdFlame96 wrote:Candles was pretty equal, but it was also awful and Id prefer to have it burned from my brain.
What about "Perfect"? Didn't Kurt sing lead on that one?

Last edited by sheny on 8/23/2013, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/23/2013, 1:51 pm

Can someone with more experience in music (glorfindel perhaps Wink or anyone) explain now that it is such an obvious in GTGYITML that Chris uses his vibration a lot, or should I say it's almost part of his voice, right? I just love those strong flowing notes!

Darren doesn't use it at all in here so my big question is, how much training would you need to do that or does it come naturally? And is there songs where it is not preferred or even frowned upon?

valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/23/2013, 1:53 pm

sheny wrote:
SippyCupofLuv wrote:(IIRC, if this is equal in the version which airs, it would be the first Klaine duet since BICO that was relatively equal.)
What about "Perfect"? Didn't Kurt sing lead on that one?
Yes but they cut most of his lines out in the show, and they intentionally made Darren's voice much more prominent in the chorus. And Just Can't Get Enough was actually pretty equal too.

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/23/2013, 1:54 pm

Buenos wrote:
Don't kill me but I liked Candles.  I thought it was sweet.  phr34r   The boys singing on stage and Puck tearing up...
The scene itself was adorable, but it just wasnt a very good cover.

ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 1:57 pm

Always loved the Acapella version of "Perfect"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdKOLlATeYg
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 2:09 pm

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2013, 2:16 pm

its-all-coming-back-to-me:

Christian: Glee scoop would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
So kind and courteous, give your mom a pat on the back for us! Now, onto business: The Fox hit is currently looking for a big and bold actor to take on the fun, fun, fun role of Rodrick Easton, a talented and theatrical man who has a huge ego. Hm…sounds like a Broadway star to us! Fans can expect to see the character throughout the season, so we’re guessing someone (coughRachelBerrycough) landed a gig…
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/23/2013, 2:16 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Can someone with more experience in music (glorfindel perhaps ;)or anyone) explain now that it is such an obvious in GTGYITML that Chris uses his vibration a lot, or should I say it's almost part of his voice, right? I just love those strong flowing notes!

Darren doesn't use it at all in here so my big question is, how much training would you need to do that or does it come naturally? And is there songs where it is not preferred or even frowned upon?
Darren said in an interview not all that long ago that he has absolutely no vibreto and that his vocal folds have some kind of defect that don't allow him to learn to use it. I don't know how accurate that is (about a physical defect) but he has absolutely no vibreto and it's the primary reason that his vocal performances come across as rather flat to me. It might also explain his performance style to some degree. Vibreto is a technique used to help give emotional depth and tone to a performance, so without it Darren is reliant on facial cues to communicate emotion.

Have no vibreto at all is considered a major flaw in a singer and I've never heard of a singer who has none and is unable to correct that through training. Given that pop performances generally don't employ vibreto much, it's not a surprise that Darren does best with that genre (something that he acknowledged).

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/23/2013, 2:18 pm

Buenos wrote:its-all-coming-back-to-me:

Christian: Glee scoop would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
   So kind and courteous, give your mom a pat on the back for us! Now, onto business: The Fox hit is currently looking for a big and bold actor to take on the fun, fun, fun role of Rodrick Easton, a talented and theatrical man who has a huge ego. Hm…sounds like a Broadway star to us! Fans can expect to see the character throughout the season, so we’re guessing someone (coughRachelBerrycough) landed a gig…
Oh my gosh, what if it's Kurt who lands the gig? That would show all the idiots that he's just as talented as RAchel.

ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/23/2013, 2:26 pm

badday I have to admit that I'm really tired of every spoiler being about Rachel in some way. Why does every theatrical-type character automatically have to be pinned to her? She's not the only character with theater aspirations after all.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top