Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

+27
teardrop
Delight
Vir Cotto
bayth
opals
M&M
Buenos
wickedwitch
Georgette888
brisallie
ColdFlame96
SippyCupofLuv
sheny
arina
coxfire
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Divalicious
Ranwing
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

Post  Jellyrolls 8/17/2013, 2:45 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
But Kurt and Blaine weren't together when Blaine had a crush in Sam, so he didnt emotionally cheat. He did, however, prove that he is more in love with the idea of being in love than he was with Kurt.
This is why they need to have Blaine sing "Love the One You're With."  It's the only song I fully support Blaine singing.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

Post  Glorfindel 8/17/2013, 3:55 pm

arina wrote:I didn't want this to turn into another discussion how lame Darren is, I don't consider him to be a very good actor either but everyone no matter his acting skills has to be shocked by looking at these script... One episode you sing romantic song to one guy, another episode you want to marry different guy....
I think Darren finally started throwing shade about that this summer. He towed the partyline for long enough (and why wouldn't he, when they treat him like the second coming of Christ), but even he expressed dislike about the marriage proposal storyline.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/17/2013, 4:05 pm

Darren and his PR team realized that the previous strategy garnered a lot go negative attention and dislike. They are in the middle of damage control, executed very badly (someone really should prohibit Darren to give interviews). Funnily, his "leading man" status at Glee only damages his career even more. Also he cannot use Chris anymore to further his career. Many fans of Chris are so very sick of Darren, that strategy of using Chris fame and popularity backfired greatly for the long run.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 5:32 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Darren and his PR team realized that the previous strategy garnered a lot go negative attention and dislike. They are in the middle of damage control, executed very badly (someone really should prohibit Darren to give interviews). Funnily, his "leading man" status at Glee only damages his career even more. Also he cannot use Chris anymore to further his career. Many fans of Chris are so very sick of Darren, that strategy of using Chris fame and popularity backfired greatly for the long run.
*evil laugh*

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 5:33 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
arina wrote:And I know this forum is not exactly Darren friendly but I kinda wonder how he must feel when he read scripts and in every one of them his character acts 180° differently.
If he were a skilled actor like Chris, Cory, and Dianna he would be able to make the script work to add more layers and depth to his character by making him sympathetic despite all the fuckery. But because he basically admitted that he's a shitty actor and just uses the good ones to prop himself up, I have no sympathy for him. It'd be one thing if he tried to make it work, but he doesn't. He just goes along with whatever the writers tell him.
Don't forget Max! He was great. Naya too.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 5:34 pm

arina wrote:And I know this forum is not exactly Darren friendly but I kinda wonder how he must feel when he read scripts and in every one of them his character acts 180° differently.
He probably doesn't care. It's a paycheck to him.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/17/2013, 5:41 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
If he were a skilled actor like Chris, Cory, and Dianna he would be able to make the script work to add more layers and depth to his character by making him sympathetic despite all the fuckery. But because he basically admitted that he's a shitty actor and just uses the good ones to prop himself up, I have no sympathy for him. It'd be one thing if he tried to make it work, but he doesn't. He just goes along with whatever the writers tell him.
Don't forget Max! He was great. Naya too.
Agree Max was great. I wish they would of brought him back for an episode to see how Dave is doing. Although if they would have turned Dave into a Blaine stan, then I am glad he has not came back. Agree with Naya too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 5:42 pm

I forgot Lea and Becca. Blake also. I actually think that most of the cast in damned talented.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/17/2013, 5:46 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I forgot Lea and Becca. Blake also. I actually think that most of the cast in damned talented.
I do too. I don't like Blaine ,but would dislike him a lot more if a more talented actor was playing him. In my opinion Darren is not that talented. Maybe someday he will improve his acting skills.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 5:47 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I forgot Lea and Becca. Blake also. I actually think that most of the cast in damned talented.
I do too. I don't like Blaine ,but would dislike him a lot more if a more talented actor was playing him. In my opinion Darren is not that talented. Maybe someday he will improve his acting skills.
Maybe!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/17/2013, 5:49 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
Maybe!
Yes, maybe.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 6:46 pm

For what it's worth, I do think he is a talented singer, dancer and musician. He's just SO overused!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/17/2013, 6:58 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:For what it's worth, I do think he is a talented singer, dancer and musician. He's just SO overused!
I agree he is overused. He is good singer , dancer and musician, but he sings way to much on Glee, If Kurt was singing as much as Blaine does, I would feel Kurt is singing way to much. But Kurt hardly sings, so he should sing more and Blaine should sing less.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 7:06 pm

But strangley enough, other overused cast members in the past have not bothered me as much (Lea, Melissa, Amber). tonguue 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/17/2013, 7:23 pm

The difference between the overuse of Blaine and the overuse of the other characters is that the don't have the connection to Kurt that the Blaine does, and they didn't spend a season and a half attached at the hip to Kurt. And their fans don't seem as nasty and abusive and obnoxious. I really think Blaine has been detrimental to Kurt's position on the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 7:24 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The difference between the overuse of Blaine and the overuse of the other characters is that the don't have the connection to Kurt that the Blaine does, and they didn't spend a season and a half attached at the hip to Kurt.  And their fans don't seem as nasty and abusive and obnoxious.  I really think Blaine has been detrimental to Kurt's position on the show.
Very true. Well, Rachel haters would disagree...but I agree with you! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/17/2013, 7:27 pm

It can be a matter of taste and opinion too as, when Dianna was mentioned upthread in the same mix with Chris, my eyebrows almost took off because, tbh, I find her very limited as an actress. For me, of the main actors, Chris, Jayma, Mike and Jane are my A+ set. Lea and Matt are A. Naya, Dot and Cory B. The others are way, way off the pace with a few e.g. Kevin standing out a little more in some situations. To be fair though, my ffd button use means my ability to judge the newbies is impaired now.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/17/2013, 9:07 pm

Georgette888 wrote:It can be a matter of taste and opinion too as, when Dianna was mentioned upthread in the same mix with Chris, my eyebrows almost took off because, tbh, I find her very limited as an actress. For me, of the main actors, Chris, Jayma, Mike and Jane are my A+ set. Lea and Matt are A. Naya, Dot and Cory B. The others are way, way off the pace with a few e.g. Kevin standing out a little more in some situations. To be fair though, my ffd button use means my ability to judge the newbies is impaired now.
I think Dianna does a really good job with drama. In 'I Am Unicorn' when Quinn was crying over the picture of Beth, it broke my heart. I also mentioned her because like Chris and Cory, her character gets really shitty storylines and she handles them very gracefully.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/17/2013, 9:14 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:For what it's worth, I do think he is a talented singer, dancer and musician. He's just SO overused!
I agree. I think his voice is actually pretty pleasant when he sings the right songs, but RIB creates 2 problems :
1) his range is very limited because of the folds in his throat and they constantly make him scream songs that he shouldn't actually be singing. Like for instance, in Come What May when he really screamed out an A4 and it was very jarring. But on other songs like 'Say', he sounds very soothing.

2) overexposure. Lea sang quite a bit in the first 2 seasons, but most of the songs she sang were atleast in context and I don't think she ever sang more than 3 songs per episode, whereas Blaine literally sang a lead role in 4(!!!!) out of 6 songs in TBU.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/17/2013, 9:36 pm

brisallie wrote:Is so funny to see how everyone think that Chris is already the male lead on Glee, whilst Fox don't see the same. And you know, isn't because they're blind, but is because they're  a bunch of hypocrites, whose said to be open minded and Glee is supposed to be a gay friendly series, and when Chris won the GG, they congratulated him. But, by other side, a gay character played by a gay actor isn't allowed to be the lead male.  Sometimes I'm wondered, what if Chris would have been a straight actor playing a gay character, would have been allowed to be the male lead? Would have been less troubled?
If he'd been a gay actor playing a straight character, he might have been able to be "lead."

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/17/2013, 9:37 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
sheny wrote:
Dani: So glad Glee isn’t having Finn die of a drug overdose. That would be too much. Do you have any other info on season five?
While no one will ever be able to replay Cory Monteith, we have heard that Glee is looking to cast a new male lead, and this character will be a major recurring guest star in the new season. All we know right now is that he’ll be handsome, older than the kids at McKinley and in New York, and duh, he can sing. Maybe a new teacher?
And with that the fantasies Blarren stans had for him becoming the new lead are shattered. Razz  Not that the show needs a new macho to lead ND but I guess it's better than Blee. Too bad FOX are such a*holes and never will accept that Chris has been their real male lead very so long. There is a reason why they use him for promotion along with Lea (their female lead) and why he is the only one from the boys who was nominated and won so many awards
How can anyone be the new male lead if he's only recurring? A lead needs to be in virtually every episode and carry a major portion of the storyline. No recurring guest star could do that. Matt was the male lead in S1, Chris and Cory were the de facto male leads from S2 all the way to S4 when Darren usurped their position (and the ratings crashed and burned because of it). No guest star could do what they did, he'd have to be a regular.
That probably has more to do with contract types than size-of-role.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/17/2013, 9:43 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Kevin will probably sing 'Let It Be'. neutre 

At least the writers have 1 thing right in the Beatles episodes.
Agree , although I admit I wish it was Chris singing it. I am glad it is not Darren, And Kevin will be great singing it.

What's the source for "Let It Be"? Is it for 5x1 or x2?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/17/2013, 9:48 pm

arina wrote:I didn't want this to turn into another discussion how lame Darren is, I don't consider him to be a very good actor either but everyone no matter his acting skills has to be shocked by looking at these script... One episode you sing romantic song to one guy, another episode you want to marry different guy....
I feel a bit bad for him. I doubt he's just lazy. He probably just doesn't have the skill to create a coherent character out of the mess he was given. Unlike with the originals, there was no "Front 13" for him to build off of, and as far as I can tell he's always been praised as a performer for his charisma. He must know he's not an exceptional actor, and when you are used to getting by on charm, it has to be awful to get scripts where your character makes no sense and does really jerky things.

I mean--what can you do, if your strength is charisma, except perform as charmingly as you can and hope the audience will still like you?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/17/2013, 9:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Considering how often I hear comments from Darren about how little effort he puts into Blaine, and how the writing is so good that he doesn't have to think about it, and how the others he work with make him look good, I'm thinking Darren doesn't put much thought into his performance at all.
Well, you can't expect him to insult the writing openly, no matter what kind of WTF thoughts he may have.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/17/2013, 10:12 pm

AnneNeville wrote:What's the source for "Let It Be"? Is it for 5x1 or x2?
Uncertain. The spoiler is based on 2 tweets, one from one of the Anders brothers and one from Kevin himself. They didn't specifically say he was singing 'Let It Be', but the Anders tweet was an instagram picture of Kevin's 'Let It Be' tattoo.

Because the tweets are from today I think the song is for 5x02.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next