Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  sheny on 8/12/2013, 1:41 pm

brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/12/2013, 1:41 pm

sheny wrote:I feel so sad for Chris. He doesn't deserve the hate he is getting by all these idiots. And I'm not talking only about CC shippers. I read on tumblr that a lot of angry Lea stans were tweeting him how lame his chat was, how no one cared about it and other awful things. 

If in their little minds they think they are supporting Lea and the cast or doing them a favor by attacking on of their friends, one of their family as the cast members call themselves a family they are terribly wrong. I'm sure Lea won't be happy with her "fans" for hating and insulting one of her closest friends who was with her during the hardest times.
I know the feeling and this isn't going to die down soon, is it? It just goes on and on and I engaged in a discussion today on tumblr with one of them and it resulted into them teling me to go "F*** myself!" And yes I did notice the tendency that the biggest haters seem to have posted every single photo of Darren from last night. I just didn't know that Lea fans were joining this. Wasn't it enough that Chris was there on person right after it had happened?

I don't need Blarren fans to tell me they still love both of them after trashing Chris and reblogging the hell out of Darren from last night but don't spear a single mention for the CC360. They probably didn't even know it went on because most of them state it was rudely done at the same time as TCAs, which we know is not true!

I know some of you have personally suffered because of these people and I just got dealt the same cards. I'm not upset about myself, but because they are stating obvious Chris hate under: "It's just my opinion" or my favorite "how I feel" If they are so upset about Chris slowly detaching himself from Glee then they should spend all that hate/energy into convincing their favorite to do the same.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/12/2013, 1:54 pm

I also agree that I really disliked her dress last night and in general the last few month. I am also not really a fan of her and the music she plans to release. I still value her acting and believe she is above all this attention-seeking actions. So her behavior really baffles me as so unnecessary.

However, to everyone on here, don't use terms like "whore". In Germany prostitution is actually legal, it is the oldest business of human kind and the real life profession by many by choice. There are many woman (and man) out there who pay their bills this way and that should be respected. There is a reason we are not supposed use the "N", "F" and "R" words as well. It is also derogatory towards woman who like sex, but are repeatedly shamed for actually living it

Nonetheless, I get why people do not like Nayas style and go ahead to critizise her. Just don't use such terms. It really isn't nice.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 2:08 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I also agree that I really disliked her dress last night and in general the last few month. I am also not really a fan of her and the music she plans to release. I still value her acting and believe she is above all this attention-seeking actions. So her behavior really baffles me as so unnecessary.
Bingo!!! She is like a talented Kardashian or Paris Hilton. Key word being talented. She does not have to act like a cast member of the Jersey Shore, but she's doing a damn fine job at acting like a replacement Snooki. So why? Because she is talented, unlike them. It's what annoys me so much about her.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 2:09 pm

sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?
I actually doubt she has real, genuine relationships with men. They are almost all about furthering her career. Matt, Sean...cast members Mark and Chord...

What REALLY annoys me about her is that I believe she wanted the lesbian storyline to also further her career by becoming relevant by being more than a bully onscreen. She saw what was happening with Chris and said: "I want to do that too!" And I'm personally insulted by the use of LGBT issues as marketing tools.

Now, more than ever, I'm so glad she didn't join the Chris and Lea Club and get that Emmy nomination she was pushing for in season three. She did, apparently, join The Mile High Club with Sean over the summer. Fans were talking about it on Twitter and Tumblr, so that's something, I guess. dryy

I strongly dislike this woman and everything she stands for, including herself and her Glee character. I have for years now.


Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 2:44 pm



Old news, but looking at this gifset in the other thread. I have to snark--I don't see "gang member" in Blaine any more than I do in Kurt.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 2:48 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
In reality, a set is like any other workplace.  You can like and respect the people you work with, and even have dinner with them or go to a party, but most likely when the job is over, so is the relationship.  You might really connect with one or two people who become lifelong friends, but most of them you'll rarely see again once the job is over.
A set is even more intense than any other workplace. On set, you get catered meals and 10-16 hour days. It's exhausting. (Says Anne, who has been fantasizing about responding to more extra-ads.)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 2:49 pm

coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote: BTW, I hate being called 'honey' or anything else. I also would probably be confused a bit by that term of endearment Razz 
HA, me too!!! I tore down one of my exes to shreds because he called me "Bébé" (baby). I hate pet names like that. Nicknames I can bear it, but pet names irk me to no end.Don't know why.
I kind of LOL at this thing Chris does, because it reads as so SOUTHERN to me (I'm from Virginia). I guess it really is a nation-wide thing, but I just can't help it . . . all those sweeties and honeys make me imagine Chris morphing into a Virginian.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 2:51 pm

opals wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I'm reading the complaints on Tumblr about Chris not going to the TCAs. I've been wondering . . . is it just me,  or has Chris--other than compulsory work activities--seemed to have distanced himself socially from almost all the (current) cast? It seems that way to me . . . and is very interesting.
I think maybe he has, but I don't think it's a bad thing when I think about it. Not to be a judgmental bitch, but
-Cory, may he rest in peace, had a drug problem
-Mark is accused of sexual assault
-Naya, while beautiful and talented, seems to think the best route to fame is starting a public battle with her rapper boyfriends exes

It seems like some of the cast has found themselves a bit of undesirable drama, and I'm all for Chris steering clear, whether it's deliberate or not.

Also,

--Darren rides his coat-tails.
--Ashley, his good friend, was suddenly let go.

opals wrote:In the case of the TCA'a I honestly think it was a matter of 1.) He had a prior engagement and 2.) He's probably a little uncomfortable about putting on a public display over Cory's death.

That's not to put the other's down. In fact, I think Lea really had to publicly address it, and it's great that many of the others were there with her and for her. But things like that always seem a little forced and uncomfortable to me.

Agreed.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/12/2013, 2:54 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote: BTW, I hate being called 'honey' or anything else. I also would probably be confused a bit by that term of endearment Razz 
HA, me too!!! I tore down one of my exes to shreds because he called me "Bébé" (baby). I hate pet names like that. Nicknames I can bear it, but pet names irk me to no end.Don't know why.
I kind of LOL at this thing Chris does, because it reads as so SOUTHERN to me (I'm from Virginia). I guess it really is a nation-wide thing, but I just can't help it . . . all those sweeties and honeys make me imagine Chris morphing into a Virginian.
Me too. I find it amusing, but I'd be so weirded out if Chris would ever call me Sweetie or Honey. I probably would look at him for a second "You've got to be kidding me. I can be your big sister!" unsure Razz 
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 2:55 pm

sheny wrote:
Your post reminded me of something Chris said during his live chat yesterday. Maybe someone with better memory can quote his exact words but he talked how a lot of times he is unfairly criticized and blamed for (wrong) things his friends and acquaintances do.
Yes, he said that! Don't know what the exact phrasing was.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 2:56 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
opals wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I'm reading the complaints on Tumblr about Chris not going to the TCAs. I've been wondering . . . is it just me,  or has Chris--other than compulsory work activities--seemed to have distanced himself socially from almost all the (current) cast? It seems that way to me . . . and is very interesting.
I think maybe he has, but I don't think it's a bad thing when I think about it. Not to be a judgmental bitch, but
-Cory, may he rest in peace, had a drug problem
-Mark is accused of sexual assault
-Naya, while beautiful and talented, seems to think the best route to fame is starting a public battle with her rapper boyfriends exes

It seems like some of the cast has found themselves a bit of undesirable drama, and I'm all for Chris steering clear, whether it's deliberate or not.

In the case of the TCA'a I honestly think it was a matter of 1.) He had a prior engagement and 2.) He's probably a little uncomfortable about putting on a public display over Cory's death.

That's not to put the other's down. In fact, I think Lea really had to publicly address it, and it's great that many of the others were there with her and for her. But things like that always seem a little forced and uncomfortable to me.


You make some excellent points.  Chris has mentioned several times that he is very conscious of his image, and the fact that he is a role model.  It would make sense that he would put distance between himself and people or situations that could lead to some bad press.  

And can I just say that I thought Naya's outfit last night was a bit over the top for the teen choice event.  There was no need to be that exposed at an event geared towards teens and tweens. I don't think that is fashion.  She just looked like a whore.


:-(

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 2:58 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote: BTW, I hate being called 'honey' or anything else. I also would probably be confused a bit by that term of endearment Razz 
HA, me too!!! I tore down one of my exes to shreds because he called me "Bébé" (baby). I hate pet names like that. Nicknames I can bear it, but pet names irk me to no end.Don't know why.
I kind of LOL at this thing Chris does, because it reads as so SOUTHERN to me (I'm from Virginia). I guess it really is a nation-wide thing, but I just can't help it . . . all those sweeties and honeys make me imagine Chris morphing into a Virginian.
You know what? I believe that Clovis, California wasn't truly California at all. It was a piece of the South that was transported into the West Coast.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  arina on 8/12/2013, 2:59 pm

I love Naya on glee, she is my favorite singer on the show, she is great actress and I personally enjoy Santana and I was glad she brought little bit diversity into Hummelberry dynamic.... I don't follow her outside of glee though, for example I had no idea she dates raper named Sean until I read it on this forum etc.... her singl does nothing to me because I don't like this sttyle of music but I have no idea the words were about her boyfriend's exes Shocked .... I am one of those people who don't like to judge and criticize the cast very often, I like more or less almost all of them and I think often people are too hard on them without reason, but I am quite shocked to hear the information about her song. I dont think that is a good start for her singing career. She can do better...
avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 3:01 pm

arina wrote:I love Naya on glee, she is my favorite singer on the show, she is great actress and I personally enjoy Santana and I was glad she brought little bit diversity into Hummelberry dynamic.... I don't follow her outside of glee though, for example I had no idea she dates raper named Sean until I read it on this forum etc.... her singl does nothing to me because I don't like this sttyle of music but I have no idea the words were about her boyfriend's exes Shocked .... I am one of those people who don't like to judge and criticize the cast very often, I like more or less almost all of them and I think often people are too hard on them without reason, but I am quite shocked to hear the information about her song. She can do better...
That's the thing! She can do better!!!! Why, Naya, why??

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 3:02 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:And can I just say that I thought Naya's outfit last night was a bit over the top for the teen choice event.  There was no need to be that exposed at an event geared towards teens and tweens. I don't think that is fashion.  She just looked like a whore.
Thank you for having the guts to say something so I didn't have to. That girl never gives it a rest, does she? I wonder if she covered up properly for Cory's funeral/memorial service or not? Don't get me wrong: ALL of the Glee cast members have sold sex and shown skin, the girls and the guys, some more than others. But Naya never, ever misses an opportunity to show as much skin as possible, even if the time or the place is not appropriate. Also, that song of hers where she called out/made fun of Sean's past exes? Not cool and very, very petty. Apparently, one of the exes she named in her song is pissed off at her childish, mean girl games...I don't blame her. I swear, every single day there is something new about Naya that just turns me off toward her so much. It's not just my dislike for Santana, but Naya herself just irks me. She's very shrewd, good looking, and yes...she is talented. Her personality leaves  a lot to be desired for me, though.

Sorry Naya fans. Don't kill me! I know I'd be insulted if anyone bashed Chris in my presence, so I don't blame you for being mad at me. It's just...this woman has annoyed me and set off my warning bells for years now. And it seems even moreso in the past year. But it's not just me. A lot of fans are even turning on her now. I think the ones who are mad at her for not being a lesbian in real life/for not dating Heather are being unfair toward her. But the fans who are legit disappointed in her very Kim Kardashian ways? I can see that they have a legit gripe.
I really dislike what Naya (and Big Sean, because they were HIS exes, so he must have provided the names) did in her song. I worry a bit about people bashing the way she dresses, though, because (please don't eat me) women of color often get treated much more harshly for dressing in a provocative way. It isn't fair, but I fear that she gets more criticism for it than she would otherwise, especially in terms of the slut-shaming.

We hear lots of "Naya is a *&^*&^&*%" but for some reason people don't dig up and post the stuff about Lea's reputation in New York.

So (again, please don't take this as a personal accusation--its more a point about something I fear is being unconsciously propogated), I get upset when I see Naya called whore or slut, or being told she's being trashy. If Chris gets to mourn (or not mourn) as he pleases, so does Naya.

I don't care for Naya as a performer, but I'd be more concerned about the coke rumors and her sudden weight loss than the way she's dressing.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 3:04 pm

SippyCupofLuv wrote:
opals wrote:

In the case of the TCA'a I honestly think it was a matter of 1.) He had a prior engagement and 2.) He's probably a little uncomfortable about putting on a public display over Cory's death.

That's not to put the other's down. In fact, I think Lea really had to publicly address it, and it's great that many of the others were there with her and for her. But things like that always seem a little forced and uncomfortable to me.


Another, additional, possible factor in his not going could be because he KNEW the crisscolfers would (because the already were) make a batshit spectacle of his being there because Darren's hosting ("See, CrissColfer is ON!!!11!") and didn't want it distracting from Lea and what he knew she had planned for Cory.

If so, too bad he underestimated the cc'ers level of crazy and delusion and hatefulness, and that he's 'damned if he does and damned if he doesn't'.

I may be 'disappointed' he couldn't be a part of that moment with Lea and the other original 5 at the TCA's BUT I trust Chris had his reasons and that's good enough. (And I wasn't going to watch the TCA's because of the 'Never-ending adventures of the obnoxious, over-rated attention-whore who is past the expiration date on his 15 minutes: Darren Criss ' anyway... vomir  )
1. Good point about the crisscolfers distracting from the tribute.
2. I am sure much of this was arranged long ago.
3. If the livechat really did pull in 54,000 fans (and I was one of them), doing that was both smarter and more generous to his fans than going to an awards show where he would have sat silently and been uncomfortable grieving in public.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 3:05 pm

sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?
Sure, it is likely so. But then, Monchele was blatant PR, too.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/12/2013, 3:06 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?
I actually doubt she has real, genuine relationships with men. They are almost all about furthering her career. Matt, Sean...cast members Mark and Chord...

What REALLY annoys me about her is that I believe she wanted the lesbian storyline to also further her career by becoming relevant by being more than a bully onscreen. She saw what was happening with Chris and said: "I want to do that too!" And I'm personally insulted by the use of LGBT issues as marketing tools.

Now, more than ever, I'm so glad she didn't join the Chris and Lea Club and get that Emmy nomination she was pushing for in season three. She did, apparently, join The Mile High Club with Sean over the summer. Fans were talking about it on Twitter and Tumblr, so that's something, I guess. dryy

I strongly dislike this woman and everything she stands for, including herself and her Glee character. I have for years now.
I've kind of felt that Naya is almost as much of an attention whore as Blarren, and she will do whatever she can to advance her career. If you look at her tweets to Chris in 2009 before her role on glee expanded, it seemed like she knew associating with him would be a good thing for her career.

Then she dated Mark (and the infamous car keying rumor that was basically confirmed by Cory), and pushed for the Santana is a lesbian storyline because the fandom were going nuts over Brittana. Then she starts dating a writer, and now the rapper? It just seems like she is doing what it takes to be relevant.

I don't like her image at all lately. I don't necessarily think she needs to sell herself as sexy the way she has lately. She has some talent--she can act, and she has a decent unique singing voice.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 3:07 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
sheny wrote:I feel so sad for Chris. He doesn't deserve the hate he is getting by all these idiots. And I'm not talking only about CC shippers. I read on tumblr that a lot of angry Lea stans were tweeting him how lame his chat was, how no one cared about it and other awful things. 

If in their little minds they think they are supporting Lea and the cast or doing them a favor by attacking on of their friends, one of their family as the cast members call themselves a family they are terribly wrong. I'm sure Lea won't be happy with her "fans" for hating and insulting one of her closest friends who was with her during the hardest times.
I know the feeling and this isn't going to die down soon, is it? It just goes on and on and I engaged in a discussion today on tumblr with one of them and it resulted into them teling me to go "F*** myself!"

[snip]

I know some of you have personally suffered because of these people and I just got dealt the same cards. I'm not upset about myself, but because they are stating obvious Chris hate under: "It's just my opinion" or my favorite "how I feel" If they are so upset about Chris slowly detaching himself from Glee then they should spend all that hate/energy into convincing their favorite to do the same.
Hugs. It stinks. I closed my ask box for a long time.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 3:07 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I also agree that I really disliked her dress last night and in general the last few month. I am also not really a fan of her and the music she plans to release. I still value her acting and believe she is above all this attention-seeking actions. So her behavior really baffles me as so unnecessary.

However, to everyone on here, don't use terms like "whore". In Germany prostitution is actually legal, it is the oldest business of human kind and the real life profession by many by choice. There are many woman (and man) out there who pay their bills this way and that should be respected. There is a reason we are not supposed use the "N", "F" and "R" words as well. It is also derogatory towards woman who like sex, but are repeatedly shamed for actually living it

Nonetheless, I get why people do not like Nayas style and go ahead to critizise her. Just don't use such terms. It really isn't nice.
Thank you for saying this.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 3:14 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:And can I just say that I thought Naya's outfit last night was a bit over the top for the teen choice event.  There was no need to be that exposed at an event geared towards teens and tweens. I don't think that is fashion.  She just looked like a whore.
Thank you for having the guts to say something so I didn't have to. That girl never gives it a rest, does she? I wonder if she covered up properly for Cory's funeral/memorial service or not? Don't get me wrong: ALL of the Glee cast members have sold sex and shown skin, the girls and the guys, some more than others. But Naya never, ever misses an opportunity to show as much skin as possible, even if the time or the place is not appropriate. Also, that song of hers where she called out/made fun of Sean's past exes? Not cool and very, very petty. Apparently, one of the exes she named in her song is pissed off at her childish, mean girl games...I don't blame her. I swear, every single day there is something new about Naya that just turns me off toward her so much. It's not just my dislike for Santana, but Naya herself just irks me. She's very shrewd, good looking, and yes...she is talented. Her personality leaves  a lot to be desired for me, though.

Sorry Naya fans. Don't kill me! I know I'd be insulted if anyone bashed Chris in my presence, so I don't blame you for being mad at me. It's just...this woman has annoyed me and set off my warning bells for years now. And it seems even moreso in the past year. But it's not just me. A lot of fans are even turning on her now. I think the ones who are mad at her for not being a lesbian in real life/for not dating Heather are being unfair toward her. But the fans who are legit disappointed in her very Kim Kardashian ways? I can see that they have a legit gripe.
I really dislike what Naya (and Big Sean, because they were HIS exes, so he must have provided the names) did in her song. I worry a bit about people bashing the way she dresses, though, because (please don't eat me) women of color often get treated much more harshly for dressing in a provocative way. It isn't fair, but I fear that she gets more criticism for it than she would otherwise, especially in terms of the slut-shaming.

We hear lots of "Naya is a *&^*&^&*%" but for some reason people don't dig up and post the stuff about Lea's reputation in New York.

So (again, please don't take this as a personal accusation--its more a point about something I fear is being unconsciously propogated), I get upset when I see Naya called whore or slut, or being told she's being trashy. If Chris gets to mourn (or not mourn) as he pleases, so does Naya.

I don't care for Naya as a performer, but I'd be more concerned about the coke rumors and her sudden weight loss than the way she's dressing.
To be fair, Lea gets those terms thrown at her for doing sexy photoshoots as well. Even Dianna did one with Lea a long time ago and there was a huge fallout over that. It's just Naya does it constantly. Every chance she gets. She needs to try something new for a change. Do an artistic, classy photoshoot that's not all about the sex appeal. We know you're sexy...you don't have to shout it from the rooftops. Do a legit song or two in the style of Amy or Adele...actually sing your heart out, because you have a beautiful voice. Don't rely on that dick move of sassing his ex girlfriends for more publicity. Not all publicity is good publicity. Don't be a bad attention seeker, be a good one. It's the combined package of how she's acting and presenting herself. She's arm candy for this guy (won't go into detail about him but feel free to look him up, yuck). She can do better. She's selling herself short.

And for the love of God, if you want to be taken seriously, please stay away from stripper contests and don't use the casting couch.

Lea and Naya are disliked for different reasons.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 3:16 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?
Sure, it is likely so. But then, Monchele was blatant PR, too.
You think so? I think it was a showmance, but the emotions were real. Look at Lea from last night.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 3:21 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?
I actually doubt she has real, genuine relationships with men. They are almost all about furthering her career. Matt, Sean...cast members Mark and Chord...

What REALLY annoys me about her is that I believe she wanted the lesbian storyline to also further her career by becoming relevant by being more than a bully onscreen. She saw what was happening with Chris and said: "I want to do that too!" And I'm personally insulted by the use of LGBT issues as marketing tools.

Now, more than ever, I'm so glad she didn't join the Chris and Lea Club and get that Emmy nomination she was pushing for in season three. She did, apparently, join The Mile High Club with Sean over the summer. Fans were talking about it on Twitter and Tumblr, so that's something, I guess. dryy

I strongly dislike this woman and everything she stands for, including herself and her Glee character. I have for years now.
I've kind of felt that Naya is almost as much of an attention whore as Blarren, and she will do whatever she can to advance her career.  If you look at her tweets to Chris in 2009 before her role on glee expanded, it seemed like she knew associating with him would be a good thing for her career.  

Then she dated Mark (and the infamous car keying rumor that was basically confirmed by Cory), and pushed for the Santana is a lesbian storyline because the fandom were going nuts over Brittana.  Then she starts dating a writer, and now the rapper?  It just seems like she is doing what it takes to be relevant.

I don't like her image at all lately.  I don't necessarily think she needs to sell herself as sexy the way she has lately.  She has some talent--she can act, and she has a decent unique singing voice.  
Ugh, I know. I see her as the female Darren, casting couch rumors and all. Though, there is actual proof with her (Matt: all the focus on her in S3, Sean: her music finally being heard) and it's all just speculation with Darren. She doesn't have to do this. She can act, she can sing, she can even sort of dance. She's one of the most talented members of the kid cast. So why the sleaze PR tactics?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 3:36 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
Naya's relationship with that rapper looks like a PR strategy for her new album to me. They made their relationship public just a couple of months before her single came out. What a convenient timing. They are practically eating each others faces every time there is a camera nearby. Is it really necessary to make out with her boyfriend on the red carpet or during interviews in fronts of all those reporters, celebrities and fans?
Sure, it is likely so. But then, Monchele was blatant PR, too.
You think so? I think it was a showmance, but the emotions were real. Look at Lea from last night.
I do think so. But I know few others do. I don't think they did much together except show up for candids (and calling the paps). They were papped many, many times more than much more famous couples, and always got publicity for the show. The emotions could still have been real, but I don't think the relationship was.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum