Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 1:21 pm

Buenos wrote:To me it comes down to:  how badly do I want to see Kurt/Chris on my screen?

Then it really doesn't become much of a choice.
Mmh, thank God for Kurt edits. I did fell asleep at the end of the last season during MK heavy episodes. No, I am not kidding.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  brisallie 8/29/2013, 2:15 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:To me it comes down to:  how badly do I want to see Kurt/Chris on my screen?

Mmh, thank God for Kurt edits. I did fell asleep at the end of the last season during MK heavy episodes. No, I am not kidding.
I think that what I'll be doing, watch only Kurt edits or NY edits, because I like Rachel and Santana as well.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 2:20 pm

brisallie wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:

I think that what I'll be doing, watch only Kurt edits or NY edits, because I like Rachel and Santana as well.
Do NYC edits exist? Do you have a link by chance? Because, that would be a nice alternative. Overall, I like the NYC part.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/29/2013, 2:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:

Do NYC edits exist? Do you have a link by chance? Because, that would be a nice alternative. Overall, I like the NYC part.
Yes. On youtube if you write Glee New York, they're some scenes you can find.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/29/2013, 2:53 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I must say, I don't understand why everyone is so insistent Kurt would never, ever sleep with a random person and/or have a one-night-stand (of course while he is not in a relationship. I most certainly don't see him as a cheater). After all, he was insecure and terrified before he was sexually active. Why is everyone so convinced he cannot change after having sex, liking it and being good at it?! Especially because anyone can see how much S2 to S4 Kurt matured and grew up. But Kuts sex life seems to be treated almost saint-like saispa 
I think it stems down to writers labelling Kurt as the girl in the relationship and as in so many traditional american storylines the promiscuous "girl" is not the norm but exeption. And as many have pointed out here Kurt being an avatar for so many teenage girls, who might not have had sex at all, cannot imagine sleeping with anyone else but their one true love.

Plus Fox has trouble showing gay relationship even at their FX channel.

For my imagination Kurt could easily have a one night stand, but I'm not sure how he'd deal with it after because since the infamous TFT episode Klaine became the non-sexual pet gays and that is why I Do freaked so many out. Glee has never had any of the characters really talk about sex before, not even the straight couples.

I know it might have something to do with the culture of not talking about something that might lead to discussions about birth control and STD's. I still think it's insane that condoms are not really discussed, yes Puck doesn't use them, ha ha. Kurt would be the first person to take care of things like that: for himself as for Rachel and others he cares for.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 3:00 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I must say, I don't understand why everyone is so insistent Kurt would never, ever sleep with a random person and/or have a one-night-stand (of course while he is not in a relationship. I most certainly don't see him as a cheater). After all, he was insecure and terrified before he was sexually active. Why is everyone so convinced he cannot change after having sex, liking it and being good at it?! Especially because anyone can see how much S2 to S4 Kurt matured and grew up. But Kuts sex life seems to be treated almost saint-like saispa 
I think it stems down to writers labelling Kurt as the girl in the relationship and as in so many traditional american storylines the promiscuous "girl" is not the norm but exeption. And as many have pointed out here Kurt being an avatar for so many teenage girls, who might not have had sex at all, cannot imagine sleeping with anyone else but their one true love.

Plus Fox has trouble showing gay relationship even at their FX channel.

For my imagination Kurt could easily have a one night stand, but I'm not sure how he'd deal with it  after because since the infamous TFT episode Klaine became the non-sexual pet gays and that is why I Do freaked so many out. Glee has never had any of the characters really talk about sex before, not even the straight couples.

I know it might have something to do with the culture of not talking about something that might lead to discussions about birth control and STD's. I still think it's insane that condoms are not really discussed, yes Puck doesn't use them, ha ha. Kurt would be the first person to take care of things like that: for himself as for Rachel and others he cares for.
I mean, to be honest I want him to have a storyline where he starts being promiscuous for a while and has random hook-ups. I know it will never happen, but I could easily see it that he loses trust in relationships (for a while), just needs some distance and fun and starts using his new opportunities he has in NYC with an accepting environment and much more variety of gay men. But for whatever reason, I really want to see it.

But your explanation makes sense and bothers me. I don't mind anyone to have a very limited number of sexual partners, as it is not my decision, espeically when you find the right partner early. But I dislike how females are shamed who think differently. Overall, it is very scary how Kurt is treated as the "female" and receives little to no respect for his character, development, career and individual storyline. It speaks volumes.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/29/2013, 3:15 pm

I just hate the stereotype of the promiscuous gay man, even the one where he sleeps with men to dull the pain, anguish or repressed feelings. It's certainly happening in real life but movies and TV hardly ever get it right or dare to show how tiring and painful it can be.

I know I've joked about Klaine working for a little while as f***buddies, but the key is in for awhile. I'm not big on judging people on how many people they sleep with but if you do it for wrong reasons, or end up with someone who doesn't like the idea of sleeping around, it will weight you down for the rest of your life.

Kurt having fun, going out on date, sleeping or not sleeping with those dates are very suitable storylines, but then again Glee would have to discuss, or at least imply, to things that makes most of the middle aged straight male executives blush or dismiss it as gay-stuff. Perhaps rude stuff under the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Oh I'm going deep here. Sorry.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 3:18 pm

Overall, it is very scary how Kurt is treated as the "female" and receives little to no respect for his character, development, career and individual storyline. It speaks volumes.
I think that can be attrbuted last year to 3 things...

1) The NY narrative got dumped along the way to a cameo status
2) Glee couldn't give Kurt any more losses because of the S3 backlash and they couldn't rely on "gay" Sl's for him anymore so they were stumped
3) NYADA and Vogue were never fleshed with regular supporting characters

I do think giving him (finally) a triumphant entry to NYADA was nice, he apparently wowed everyone in the Winter recital at NYADA. The Vogue SL where he was appreciated for his fashion ideas was also good, if rushed. The problem was that the show could have shown him "struggling" in something external but without a depressing conclusion, (like S3) but that takes SL and screen time.

Personally I just think NY simply got swallowed up in Glee trying to prop up McKinley and the Noobs all season long.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/29/2013, 3:24 pm

I am angry that Kurt's losses storylines always took couple of episode so you really experinced it with him while his winning storylines were so rushed and were done in one episode that it basically had very little impact, at least on me... If I watched for a couple of episodes how much Kurt wants that intership, see how he competes about the post with other people maybe etc and then ends up as winner it would be totally different for viewers than what was presented I think. They really didn't try to make people invest in this storylines at all.
Kurtsies were angry he loses everything, so they threw at him couple of quick victories to shut up the fans.. They probably think that is enough.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 3:37 pm

arina wrote:I am angry that Kurt's losses storylines always took couple of episode so you really experinced it with him while his winning storylines were so rushed and were done in one episode that it basically had very little impact, at least on me... If I watched for a couple of episodes how much Kurt wants that intership, see how he competes about the post with other people maybe etc and then ends up as winner it would be totally different for viewers than what was presented I think. They really didn't try to make people invest in this storylines at all.
Kurtsies were angry he loses everything, so they threw at him couple of quick victories to shut up the fans.. They probably think that is enough.
This:banzai: banzai banzai 

It wasn't  just Kurt always losing, it was how they handled the journey.  What was the point in S3 of striving for NYADA, apparently "winning" in the Choke episode just to end up with Kurt not getting in in the season finale.  It made NO sense.

If they would have had him struggling for 2-3 episodes at Vogue, or really working hard to get into NYADA that would have made an interesting journey.  I get so tired of non fans whining that Kurt fans just want him to "win" all the time.

No, what I want is a road with BOTH wins and losses along the way, but that  develops Kurt's character more.  I wouldn't mind a SL where Kurt crashes and burns as long as he picks himself up and goes on to another win, even if he crashes and burns again afterwards.  Always losing is depressing and always winning is boring.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/29/2013, 3:46 pm

Buenos wrote:
arina wrote:I am angry that Kurt's losses storylines always took couple of episode so you really experinced it with him while his winning storylines were so rushed and were done in one episode that it basically had very little impact, at least on me... If I watched for a couple of episodes how much Kurt wants that intership, see how he competes about the post with other people maybe etc and then ends up as winner it would be totally different for viewers than what was presented I think. They really didn't try to make people invest in this storylines at all.

It wasn't  just Kurt always losing, it was how they handled the journey.  What was the point in S3 of striving for NYADA, apparently "winning" in the Choke episode just to end up with Kurt not getting in in the season finale.  It made NO sense.

If they would have had him struggling for 2-3 episodes at Vogue, or really working hard to get into NYADA that would have made an interesting journey.  I get so tired of non fans whining that Kurt fans just want him to "win" all the time.

No, what I want is a road with BOTH wins and losses along the way, but that  develops Kurt's character more.  I wouldn't mind a SL where Kurt crashes and burns as long as he picks himself up  and goes on to another win, even if he crashes and burns again afterwards.   Always losing is depressing and always winning is boring.
I totally agree with that!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/29/2013, 4:05 pm

arina wrote:
Buenos wrote:

No, what I want is a road with BOTH wins and losses along the way, but that  develops Kurt's character more.  I wouldn't mind a SL where Kurt crashes and burns as long as he picks himself up  and goes on to another win, even if he crashes and burns again afterwards.   Always losing is depressing and always winning is boring.
I totally agree with that!
I also agree. I do not want hom to win everything.but do want him to win sometimes. Like I don't like it that Blaine always wins, I would not like it with Kurt had always win.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 4:48 pm

Buenos wrote:

AKA: why it hurts to be a Kurt fan, and why I never can be a Rachel fan. It is too infuriating.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 4:52 pm

Buenos wrote:No, what I want is a road with BOTH wins and losses along the way, but that  develops Kurt's character more.  I wouldn't mind a SL where Kurt crashes and burns as long as he picks himself up  and goes on to another win, even if he crashes and burns again afterwards.   Always losing is depressing and always winning is boring.
Lottie2303 wrote:AKA: why it hurts to be a Kurt fan, and why I never can be a Rachel fan. It is too infuriating.
At the same time , Rachel's character has her own set of issues per the writers.  I loathe how she has be taught over and over and over ad nauseum not to let her ambition/drive turn her into selfish Diva and relearn being "humble".  

These writers.Evil or Very Mad
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/30/2013, 4:56 am

Buenos wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:AKA: why it hurts to be a Kurt fan, and why I never can be a Rachel fan. It is too infuriating.
At the same time , Rachel's character has her own set of issues per the writers.  I loathe how she has be taught over and over and over ad nauseum not to let her ambition/drive turn her into selfish Diva and relearn being "humble".  

These writers.Evil or Very Mad
I think RIB don't even realize how much they hurt Rachels character and how some people severely dislike her. It is always, ambition is good, but not to much, you really need a lesson now! But do not worry, no matter how much we pretend to give you obstacles (i.e. evil, jealous teachers, a ruined audition,etc.), we will find the most contrived and unrealistic way to have you succeed. Because above all, you need to be the successful character, and we happily ruin other characters arc (most specifically Kurt), so you are the last one standing.

At least, Lea is a good actor and actually provides conflict from my side, because she still convinces me that Rachel is a 3-dimensional character, I should take serious. Blaine is even worse, because he doesn't even get any obstacles and Darren just isn't good enough of an actor.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/30/2013, 5:11 am

People can dislike Rachel as they want (she is one of my favorites but I can understand some of the complains abut her) but I think the writer's treatment of that character wasn't that much better than Kurt's in last season... she went from the main character to also being rather background character, the amount of songs she got was reduced enourmously.... and her storylines were also totally rushed, unrealistic...

Rachel and Kurt are very often used in promotion but the writers treat them like garbage now... it's even more glaring with Rachel imo because she is the face of Glee for general audience and how they neglected her last year didn't make any sense. The writers usually cherish their strongerst weapon.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/30/2013, 5:58 am

arina wrote:People can dislike Rachel as they want (she is one of my favorites but I can understand some of the complains abut her) but I think the writer's treatment of that character wasn't that much better than Kurt's in last season... she went from the main character to also being rather background character, the amount of songs she got was reduced enourmously.... and her storylines were also totally rushed, unrealistic...

Rachel and Kurt are very often used in promotion but the writers treat them like garbage now... it's even more glaring with Rachel imo because she is the face of Glee for general audience and how they neglected her last year didn't make any sense. The writers usually cherish their strongerst weapon.
Rachel, Kurt and Santana. All three fan favorites and received the short end of the stick. But Rachel still got the main storyline in NYC. She had a "developed" love interest, received x-amount of post-break-up talks (Kurt received not even 2 minutes) and had a dance teacher from hell. who was actually jealous of her. So, yeah she was also most certainly not a the lead anymore, abused for promotion (like Kurt), but compared to Kurt she received a lot more. I mean, the entire VOGUE storyline was eventually about Rachel getting a make-over. Also we know she'll get stories about BW and NYADA. Kurt is only there because Rachel needs to act alongside someone. NYADA and BW is most certainly not about Kurt and his dreams. there is still a major difference of treatment between Kurt and Rachel.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/30/2013, 6:17 am

I'm not too worried because the show can't repeat the clusterfuck of S4 for one simple reason. FOX''s two year renewal of a show with declining ratings obviously came with a price.

The show runners painted themselves into a corner by extending the school year. Either they finish it off quickly to make the Noobs Junior year viable, or they slow it down and keep the Sophmore Noob year on life support knowing that once it's finished, they are going to have to reboot yet again.

Either way, the choir format is gone as the focus of the show. Last Prom ever.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/30/2013, 6:21 am

I know that Kurt and Santana are also fan favorites (at least in the interent fandom, I am not sure how much is Santana popular between general audience) but I think Rachel has always been the biggest representantive of the show, the most popular character. And I while I am aware that Kurt got less than her (I am still mad how little he got last year, trust me), my point was she was terribly downgrated as well... Not only she got alot of less than she used to, but what was her storylines about? Kurt teaching her lesson in Diva, Quinn and Santana persuasing her not to go topples for a movie, Finn protecting her honor? The winter showcase was so incredibly rushed, it didn't have any impact, the scenes with Cassandra was so repetitive and therefore boring and it was mainly showcase of Kate Hudson, the pregnancy storyline - why it was even there?... even if it was promised she will be in all the episodes, she was missing couple of them too and she was even more isolated from the old characters than Kurt was...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/30/2013, 6:23 am

arina wrote:People can dislike Rachel as they want (she is one of my favorites but I can understand some of the complains abut her) but I think the writer's treatment of that character wasn't that much better than Kurt's in last season... she went from the main character to also being rather background character, the amount of songs she got was reduced enourmously.... and her storylines were also totally rushed, unrealistic...

I never hated Rachel, and still don't.

I see her having a need to be something more than Kurt, that she is centred on one thing, Broadway, but doesn't realise that there can be more to her, than just making it as a Broadway star.

So, that is it, she has one story, that is a story that has grown tired.

Kurt story could be interesting, as they have Vogue, and maybe this band thing (if it is happening). These can be taken in loads of different directions, that would be a writers dream to write.

Everything is predictable and boring with Rachel's story. We know the ending, so why bother being interested?

She has no other goals, because she hasn't been encouraged to have other goals. It's Broadway, that is her goal, to be a star. That is how she is written. She has no back up plan. She has no other career options.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/30/2013, 6:23 am

Buenos wrote:I'm not too worried because the show can't repeat the clusterfuck of S4 for one simple reason.  FOX''s  two year renewal of a show with declining ratings obviously came with  a price.

The show runners painted themselves into a corner by extending the school year.  Either they finish it off quickly to make the Noobs Junior year viable, or they slow it down and keep the Sophmore Noob  year on life support knowing that  once it's finished, they are going to have to reboot yet again.  

Either way, the choir format is gone as the focus of the show.  Last Prom ever.

I am still amused how literally no one cared if NF would win regional, or even better, everyone said they didn't deserve to win. The HS-format is mpst certainly over. RIB just needed a very long wake-up call Suspect 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/30/2013, 6:28 am

ColferInspired wrote:I never hated Rachel, and still don't.

I see her having a need to be something more than Kurt, that she is centred on one thing, Broadway, but doesn't realise that there can be more to her, than just making it as a Broadway star.

So, that is it, she has one story, that is a story that has grown tired.

Kurt story could be interesting, as they have Vogue, and maybe this band thing (if it is happening). These can be taken in loads of different directions, that would be a writers dream to write.

Everything is predictable and boring with Rachel's story. We know the ending, so why bother being interested?

She has no other goals, because she hasn't been encouraged to have other goals. It's Broadway, that is her goal, to be a star. That is how she is written. She has no back up plan. She has no other career options.
Same with midgame- and endgame couple. We know the ending, we know the writers won't care about development and continuity and we know the midgame partner will most likely be thrown under the bus. Why care for he journey, when we already know the result?

But so agreed about Rachel, I don't care about her as I know her final destination. I also know she'll reach it no matter the costs for RIB, including eliminating/disregarding other characters.

I think Santana is highly popular, not just on the internet. Otherwise we also have to wonder how popular Kurt actually is. Naya received a lot of positive reactions when Santana moved to NYC. People most certainly missed her a lot.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/30/2013, 6:33 am

I am still amused how literally no one cared if NF would win regional, or even better, everyone said they didn't deserve to win. The HS-format is mpst certainly over. RIB just needed a very long wake-up call Suspect 
They're screwed either way.  if they win Nationals as sophomores, that's it; their journey is over.  If they lose, are they really going to repeat sectionals/regionals/nationals all with in, say 10-12 episodes.

And if they tweak the HS formula by dumping the Glee competitive format, what was the point  of replacing the choir room  students to begin with?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/30/2013, 6:41 am

Buenos wrote:
They're screwed either way.  if they win Nationals as sophomores, that's it; their journey is over.  If they lose, are they really going to repeat sectionals/regionals/nationals all with in, say 10-12 episodes.

And if they tweak the HS formula by dumping the Glee competitive format, what was the point  of replacing the choir room  students to begin with?
Graduate all of them, then they can decide who they want to keep.

Let Matt and Jayma out of their contracts, move Sue and Beiste to New York.

They hardly ever stuck to continuity, as Blaine suddenly became a junior.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/30/2013, 6:45 am

Move the entire show to NYC. Take some of the seniors along for the ride, let the others go and create new characters from NYADA and other NYC sets. So, they can actually re-vamp the show, have new characters they seem to be interested in, but also have the opportunity ti discover and tell new stories, we haven't seen yet, because it doesn't fit HS. It is scarily easy, but Glee seems to be tempted to do everything, but not go the obvious road.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next