Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC360, Live Chat - 2013/08/11

+10
coxfire
sheny
arina
brisallie
ladydianab
AnneNeville
fantastica
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CC360, Live Chat - 2013/08/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: CC360, Live Chat - 2013/08/11

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 9:43 pm

-It was interesting to hear him refrain from naming a theme song for TLOS, because he said that any song he said that Glee had covered would lead to people making connections between people who sang those songs on the show and his book . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 9:44 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:I didn't know he was going to do a CC360 live chat, but I'm glad so many people asked him questions, though some were repetitive, and also I love that Brian was his very special guest. I simply love that cat and how unimpressed he's by his owener achievements lol.

P.S Having seen those gifs above, is Chris's sight worse than before? It seems he wears his glasses more regularly now.
It looks to me like they are actually reading glasses? I remember watching the first recording, and he said he had to get his glasses so he could see the questions better. He's also mentioned being dragged into school because he wasn't reading or writing at the proper level for his age. So . . . I'm thinking we just didn't see him reading very often before he started writing and doing book tours!
I find that so hard to believe now!
I can believe it. He sounds quite insecure whenever he has to read anything vaguely foreign--like theres a little extra struggle or insecurity there.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 9:45 pm

AnneNeville wrote:-It was interesting to hear him refrain from naming a theme song for TLOS, because he said that any song he said that Glee had covered would lead to people making connections between people who sang those songs on the show and his book . . .
Psssst..."Somewhere Only We Know", sung by Darren Criss. He mentioned it in the last TLOS CC360 session, and the CrissColfer people had a field day.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 9:45 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:I didn't know he was going to do a CC360 live chat, but I'm glad so many people asked him questions, though some were repetitive, and also I love that Brian was his very special guest. I simply love that cat and how unimpressed he's by his owener achievements lol.

P.S Having seen those gifs above, is Chris's sight worse than before? It seems he wears his glasses more regularly now.
It looks to me like they are actually reading glasses? I remember watching the first recording, and he said he had to get his glasses so he could see the questions better. He's also mentioned being dragged into school because he wasn't reading or writing at the proper level for his age. So . . . I'm thinking we just didn't see him reading very often before he started writing and doing book tours!
I can believe it. He sounds quite insecure whenever he has to read anything vaguely foreign--like theres a little extra struggle or insecurity there.
That's true. He keeps saying he has/had a learning disability of some kind?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 9:47 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:-It was interesting to hear him refrain from naming a theme song for TLOS, because he said that any song he said that Glee had covered would lead to people making connections between people who sang those songs on the show and his book . . .
Psssst..."Somewhere Only We Know", sung by Darren Criss. He mentioned it in the last TLOS CC360 session, and the CrissColfer people had a field day.
He actually made several pointed comments at the beginning of the chat.

I wish that there had been more substance to the interview, and about the book and future plans (I'm sure there were more interesting questions submitted!). I probably expect too much from spending so much time in academia.

It did feel special to be there for a live event.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 9:48 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I wish that there had been more substance to the interview, and about the book and future plans (I'm sure there were more interesting questions submitted!). I probably expect too much from spending so much time in academia.

It did feel special to be there for a live event.  
It did! I watched live, and I've never done anything like that before! It was exciting!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 9:50 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

I don't know--I never heard him comment on a LD.

I just thought of eye problems because my brother in law had some kind of issue that went undiagnosed for years. It made him have horrible headaches when he read. It took years for them to figure out he needed reading glasses. He's now got a MA and is going to apply for a PhD, but reading was never a pleasure for him.

He considers himself hopeless at foreign language.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 9:56 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:It looks to me like they are actually reading glasses? I remember watching the first recording, and he said he had to get his glasses so he could see the questions better. He's also mentioned being dragged into school because he wasn't reading or writing at the proper level for his age. So . . . I'm thinking we just didn't see him reading very often before he started writing and doing book tours!
I don't know--I never heard him comment on a LD.

I just thought of eye problems because my brother in law had some kind of issue that went undiagnosed for years. It made him have horrible headaches when he read. It took years for them to figure out he needed reading glasses. He's now got a MA and is going to apply for a PhD, but reading was never a pleasure for him.

He considers himself hopeless at foreign language.
He's self diagnosed himself as having dyslexia before, but I thought he was just being sarcastic.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/11/2013, 10:00 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I think what he said about Rimpelstiltskin (or however you write that in English) alludes to this too. (about blaming him and him being held responsible for something someone he's associated with does)

Look at that glorious cat:

CC360, Live Chat - 2013/08/11 - Page 2 Tumblr_mre78iNaYB1rlerexo1_500

CC360, Live Chat - 2013/08/11 - Page 2 Tumblr_mre7b6HukY1qe476yo1_500

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/11/2013, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/11/2013, 10:06 pm

I have not watched the chat yet because I have bit problem with internet connection... but I am really looking forward to it, seems like it was alot of fun and I am excited for his guest :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 10:07 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I think what he said about Rimpelstiltskin (or however you write that in English) alludes to this too. (about blaming him and him being held responsible for something someone he's associated with does)

Look at that glorious cat:

CC360, Live Chat - 2013/08/11 - Page 2 Tumblr_mre78iNaYB1rlerexo1_500
Yes. That was pointed. And he brought up Mrs. Peters's line about everyone on the internet feeling the can judge . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/11/2013, 10:10 pm

^Yes, exactly.
If you combine all that it paints a clear picture of how he thinks about it all (internet, fans, fame).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 10:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Yes, exactly.
If you combine all that it paints a clear picture of how he thinks about it all (internet, fans, fame).
He also mentioned "when I'm no longer on Glee."

There is a part of me that wonders if he will purposefully take a break from anything too high profile. Like . . . do some Broadway, some indie films, some writing . . . keep the career going, yes, but get away from the crazy fandom. He seemed so happy that the people who came to the signings were more parents with kids who'd read the first book than simple Glee fans.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/11/2013, 10:25 pm

AnneNeville wrote:

I see. So, probably he wanted to be ready in advance this time Smile. And I don't know if Chris was very shy when a kid, because when you're a shy, even read in front of everybody is hard for you. Besides, apart of english ( in my case spanish) class, children don't read regularly.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 11:19 pm

Chris? Shy?

Well, he was a performing arts kid and a speech and debate champion....but maybe outside of that, he was shy?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/12/2013, 12:06 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Chris? Shy?

Well, he was a performing arts kid and a speech and debate champion....but maybe outside of that, he was shy?
I've worked with a lot of people who were shy and got into performing. Introverts, too.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/12/2013, 12:31 am

AnneNeville wrote:

I've worked with a lot of people who were shy and got into performing. Introverts, too.
That's amazing! I am REALLY shy in real life, even now in college. I still cannot stand talking in front of a class...I couldn't imagine having to sing in front of anyone too! How do they do it?!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/12/2013, 12:44 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

That's amazing! I am REALLY shy in real life, even now in college. I still cannot stand talking in front of a class...I couldn't imagine having to sing in front of anyone too! How do they do it?!
1. When they are playing a character they are not themselves. It's a creative act. The character they play is often quite distinct from their personality (the actor I'm thinking of played a high-energy-hearthrob Elvis-type, but after the show he'd barely have the energy to look you in the eye).
2. They are often quite exhausted after the show and don't have a lot of energy to spare to hob-nob or socialize (or sign autographs). In a sense, all of their public appearances are also performances. Not dishonest--but they take a certain amount of work. It's not energizing.
3. They keep their distance from fans and require a lot of quiet time inside their heads. They can be quite hard to read because they have to put up protective walls when they are not performing (that includes public appearances--those are a kind of performance, too).

It's possible to love performance and get a thrill out of creating something--even in front of an audience. But that something you created is most definitely NOT YOU. It's part of you, but it's bigger than you. It's like a mask. Take the mask off . . . and it's just shy/introverted normal you again.

I never have had the desire to perform--to play at being another person--but I think for some it is cathartic to be able to take on another identity. That doesn't make them an extrovert or not shy. It also doesn't mean that the public performance part is easy (lots of performers get stage fright). It just looks that way.

I think that the shy/introverted performers are much less common, but then again . . . introverts are much less common than extroverts to begin with--so is it surprising?

That said, I don't know if Chris would consider himself shy or an introvert. I haven't paid close enough attention. But it is possible to be both--and to be an absolutely electrifying performer. It can be a little unnerving, to tell the truth, to work with a performer like that, because the role takes so much energy that you can see them sag at the end of the night.

But acting makes them happy.

I seem to recall that Stanislavsky himself had terrible stage fright. I think it ended his career on stage.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 8/12/2013, 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/12/2013, 12:46 am

Haven't said himself he's actually a shy person? As Anne pointed, some actors are shy in reali life, but when they play their characters is like they're a whole new person.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/12/2013, 12:53 am

brisallie wrote:

Haven't said himself he's actually a shy person? As Anne pointed, some actors are shy in reali life, but when they play their characters is like they're a whole new person.
::nod:: I think he's shy and gets nervous. He's got a lot of stock phrases, from what I've gathered and heard. That isn't bad per se, but it suggests a kind of coping mechanism. Someone who is super-comfortable being "on stage" probably wouldn't need those tools.

I thought Chris seemed quite on edge tonight--it was surprising. It looked like he'd have liked Brian to stay on his lap and purr for a while. tonguue 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/12/2013, 12:56 am

Even if I do not know Chris personally I kinda always guessed him more as shy/introvert person but then once his friend Mellisa from higschool answered some questions about him, I read just a few because I thought she maybe went little too far with some andI felt uncomfrotable but  I read someone asked her if Chris is more extrovert or introvert and she said he is definitely extrovert and that he is not shy at all... but then I think Chris described himself as shy somewhere...

Last edited by arina on 8/12/2013, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/12/2013, 12:58 am

arina wrote:Even if I do not know Chris personally I kinda always guessed him more as shy/introvert person but then once his friend Mellisa from higschool answered some questions about him, I read just a few because I thought she maybe went little too far with some andI felt uncomfrotable but  I read someone asked her if Chris is more extrovert or introvert and she said he is definitely extrovert so I don't know...
I wouldn't know, either. :-) Just speculating, that's all.

That said, I've also talked to people who have seen actor X on stage and been sure they were an extrovert, because who but an extravert/non-shy-person would do that? And in fact, the performer in question was an introvert and/or shy. People just couldn't see them that way; it was like saying 1+1=3.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/12/2013, 1:08 am

Maybe he was shy in different circumstance and more outgoing in others? Most of us switch like that, right? It just depends.

Yes, that's right that certain performers can be shy/quiet offstage and charismatic performers onstage. A good example of this is Michael Jackson. Shy, soft spoken, couldn't look you in the eye, almost asexual offstage. But when he was in performance mode...wow, he was a beast.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/12/2013, 1:12 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Maybe he was shy in different circumstance and more outgoing in others? Most of us switch like that, right? It just depends.

Yes, that's right that certain performers can be shy/quiet offstage and charismatic performers onstage. A good example of this is Michael Jackson. Shy, soft spoken, couldn't look you in the eye, almost asexual offstage. But when he was in performance mode...wow, he was a beast.
That's definitely possible.

And then there's people who are shy in almost every circumanstances like me... :-D I could not be on any stage even if I was talented :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/12/2013, 1:14 am

arina wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Maybe he was shy in different circumstance and more outgoing in others? Most of us switch like that, right? It just depends.

That's definitely possible.

And then there's people who are shy in almost every circumanstances like me... :-D I could not be on any stage even if I was talented :-)
Ugh! Me too! It sucks so much! I feel trapped in my own head. It's why I love the internet so much...writing is much more freeing.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum