Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7

+26
ladydianab
Kurt Hummel
Buenos
AnneNeville
Divalicious
coxfire
bayth
fountain
Georgette888
Ireth
sjonnepon
Ranwing
ColdFlame96
sheny
glimmerle
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Lottie2303
Delight
arina
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
fantastica
30 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 12:11 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The way Chris said it, that he was"attached" to something and then started talking about the biopic, continuing only after that with saying that he wrote a couple himself (paraphrasing), leads me to incline that the bipoic is something he didn't write himself.

*happy dance*

It's a beautiful day to be a Colferite (my book came today too!)!!!!!  panik 

Yes, I caught that also!

That 14 year old girl punching that paparazzi guy who was being a dick to Chris: adorable! :D

Okay, I'm kind of with the female host (is that Erin Andrews?) I don't want to see Kurt being mean or to see anyone being mean to Kurt. phr34r 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7

Post  Glorfindel 8/7/2013, 12:44 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr61dhwKzE1qkskzzo1_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr61dhwKzE1qkskzzo2_r2_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr61dhwKzE1qkskzzo3_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr61dhwKzE1qkskzzo4_r1_250
x

ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/7/2013, 12:58 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr622lnMTd1qgwc0bo1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr622lnMTd1qgwc0bo2_250
I am actually all for Kurt being mean now and then.... Season 1 kurt is still my favorite and that guy definitely could be pretty bitchy :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 1:31 pm

arina wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr622lnMTd1qgwc0bo1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr622lnMTd1qgwc0bo2_250
I am actually all for Kurt being mean now and then.... Season 1 kurt is still my favorite and that guy definitely could be  pretty bitchy :-)

His bitchy side does come into good use sometimes and makes me laugh ("Diva"), but I like that he's evolved from that ice queen from season one. It made him more sympathetic to me. I just don't want him to regress into the male Santana Lopez. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/7/2013, 1:36 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:I think he and his team knowthat he has to also do other stuff than his own. And what a better way than to have actually having to go through an official audition for something and then getting it by acting abilities. I don't even mind if he isn't a lead but just to show people he can do other roles than Kurt Hummel.

I think his own projects do that too (SBL, asylum movie). But yes, something else that someone else created would be great for this also.

He is doing a great job with his own projects but there are still people who underestimate Chris and think he can't do other roles than Kurt Hummel unless he writes them himself. Maybe being cast in someone else's movie will show them how appreciated his talent is and they'll finally shut up.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 1:58 pm

I agree. Shailene Woodley did an impressive turn from "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" stuff, to playing George Clooney's foul mouthed daughter in the Oscar nominated film "The Descendants" a few years ago. She got Oscar buzz (but no real nomination). It was a solid performance. No one was convinced she could actually act from that TV show she was on. Plus, acting opposite George Clooney in one of the front runners of Oscar season did wonders for her exposure and respect in the industry. To be honest, I can so picture Chris in that role...the role of George Clooney's rebellious, foul mouthed son who is going through a tragedy with the family. Being gay could be a non-issue. He would've had that beautiful, creative underwater crying scene...oh, the possibilities.

I would love for something like this to happen for Chris. I would love for him to be cast in someone else's project, and a good, solid project that could bring him even more positive buzz and respect at that. I know he can do it, cynical Glee/Kurt haters just need to give him a chance. Let him prove he's not Kurt Hummel. It is funny how he plays Kurt so well that people think he is Kurt, though. But he's more than that. A role like Shailene's in that movie would let him "grow up" from that Kurt image into something not so nice and kid friendly. Something very raw.

(And this is off topic, but the only thing I didn't like about The Descendants was the score! I realize they were going for an authentic location feel, but it distracted from what should have been the most emotionally powerful scenes in the film, IMO. I also thought that pot smoking boy character was pointless.)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/7/2013, 2:06 pm

Oh gosh, where do I begin? Well, I just found out that my local bookstore sells TLOS2 (yay!) and I've been literally dying, drooling, and dying again from all these interviews. I think these are some of the best interviews he's ever done, he looks gorgeous, and I'm waiting to get some time off from work so I can get that book! I'm really looking forward to Adam Lamberts appearance and I really, really want Chris to do the James Dean biopic.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/7/2013, 2:34 pm

This was the exact wording of possible new movies for Chris:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr62gxN8Kt1qkskzzo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 7 - Page 5 Tumblr_mr62gxN8Kt1qkskzzo2_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 2:37 pm

I want to see him as River Phoenix so badly. Talented, troubled, correct age, a tragic figure and definitely not a Kurt Hummel type.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHhDEwNzVFcaLjN_uQ2Luvu_D1o_AsM3kDFp6n2Z_pCThd5ZHK

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/7/2013, 2:53 pm

^ he does look like him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/7/2013, 3:12 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I want to see him as River Phoenix so badly. Talented, troubled, correct age, a tragic figure and definitely not a Kurt Hummel type.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHhDEwNzVFcaLjN_uQ2Luvu_D1o_AsM3kDFp6n2Z_pCThd5ZHK

Holy moly...!!! Yup, sign me up!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/7/2013, 3:19 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I want to see him as River Phoenix so badly. Talented, troubled, correct age, a tragic figure and definitely not a Kurt Hummel type.

They really looks alike! But I haven't heard anything about a possible River Phoenix biographical movie, at least not anytime soon. So I'm wondering about what biopic movie he's talking abou.

Overall, I'm excited for any project he's planning to do, especially the asylum movie, because I just want to see him grow up more as an actor. And being only Chris Colfer, not the kid from Glee.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/7/2013, 3:21 pm

Any speculations? What biopics are currently in the works? We could try to narrow it down.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/7/2013, 3:24 pm

i don't care if that biopic is about Jimmy Neutron. I just want to see him in a movie asap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/7/2013, 3:27 pm

fantastica wrote:i don't care if that biopic is about Jimmy Neutron. I just want to see him in a movie asap.

I absolutely love Jimmy Neutron whis 

But I want to know, like yesterday.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/7/2013, 3:28 pm

^ i want to know last year. or better yet, last decade. tonguue 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/7/2013, 4:10 pm

Geez. Is Chris missing a family member?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 4:33 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:

Geez. Is Chris missing a family member?

And he was called the James Dean of his time (pretty much every talented, handsome and troubled actor who dies young is called that.) But if not James Dean, then a River biopic would be cool to see Chris in. I'm pretty sure River also had some musical ability (guitar playing and whatnot) but this is Chris we are talking about: I'm sure he can learn. The boy can do anything. And they do look alike. A role like this can give Chris so much credibility outside of Glee, possibly a whole heap of awards during awards season. Not to mention a whole new legion of respectful fans to drown out the CrissColfer shippers.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 4:36 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Any speculations? What biopics are currently in the works? We could try to narrow it down.

Not a clue. The projects that I think are possible already have a star attached to them, and that leaves us with little possibilities. Mind you, this could be an indie and fly under the radar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biographical_films#2010s

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/7/2013, 4:43 pm

Not much to go by. But I know a James Dean biopic is in work. That would be great.

I just want to know it now. It is not fair to tease us but not giving us any hints Mad fanny2 (just kidding!)
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 4:57 pm

It has to be James Dean then. Who else would it be?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/7/2013, 5:09 pm

Chris on Live with Kelly and Michael
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/7/2013, 5:16 pm

It could be a bio pic with him as supportive, yet based on a real person, character.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/7/2013, 5:24 pm

I don't mind at all if it's a supportive role. I'm just thrilled that he's going to be in a film that he didn't write. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved SBL and I think it will be seen in time as a diamond in the rough by a young talent. But it was too easy for his critics and detractors to call it a vanity project.

Getting picked to do projects like the staging of "8" and this film is evidence that Chris is respected as an acting talent by the respected pros in the business and will help his career in the future. I want him to have the freedom to do his own projects to his heart's content, but I also want him to have the prestigue that comes with being hired by a major director or studio.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/7/2013, 5:27 pm

I think all of we're already sure Chris is playing a lead chracters in the biopic movie, but we haven't thought that he might have a supportive character instead.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next