The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 1:46 am

Sooo, here it is. What a whirlwind of a day. It went by so quickly, but it was so worth the 12 hours I spent driving just to talk to him for  30 seconds. (also warning my face under the cut, i look terrible because I’ve been up since 5am after less then two hours of sleep)
First of all, he is literally breathtaking. I saw just a glimpse while I was in line and he took my breath away. JUST GORGEOUS. STUNNING. BEAUTIFUL.
When I got up to him, my hands were shaking so bad and I was trying to explain what the voodoo doll was. I told him I drove in from New Orleans and the voodoo doll was for protection during his travels. I also gave him two destiny bracelets. I handed them to him and said “These are destiny bracelets-” He said “Are they like chakras?” I just stared at him so he said “No? Okay sorry, honey, continue.” (squeal because he called me honey) So I told him that you put the bracelet on and when it falls off, your destiny has been fulfilled. I gave him two and told him the other one was for someone close to him. Him and Alla both thought they were really cool. (Btw, Alla is fucking adorable)
I then asked him if I could shake his hand and he said “of course!” I reached out my right hand, which he had a pen in, so I said sorry, and moved the book and my purse to my right hand and stretched out my left hand, but he had then switched his pen as well. We went back and forth a few times and him and Alla laughed and GOD His laugh could cure cancer. So gorgeous.
We were able to take pictures afterwards, but my phone decided to crap out on me and wouldn’t work, but the lovely klaineremily was standing behind me and snapped a picture for me and sent it to me. My hair and face look atrocious, but I don’t care because I met Chris Colfer today.

Also, something interesting happened when walking back to my car. The destiny bracelet I’ve been wearing as an anklet since May fell off.

http://mypatronusisklaine.tumblr.com/post/67918313319/sooo-here-it-is-what-a-whirlwind-of-a-day-it
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 2:14 am

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 2:29 am

skankandclaws:

Here are the pictures of Chris Colfer. I screw them up. They are blurry.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 2:44 am

khal-blaine:

Best 26 seconds of my life, wow.
Both of us simultaneously: Hi! / Hi, Chris!
Chris: How are you?
Me: (idk if I responded, derp, but I handed him a card I bought earlier) I made that for you— (*mentally punches self*) Well, I bought it for you.
Chris: Oh, thank you! I can’t wait to read that!
Me: I know you said ‘no gifts,’ but, yeah…
Chris: Well, thank you, I appreciate it. If it’s cash, it’s okay!
Me: (Idk, I mumble something that I can’t remember, but then Chris GIGGLES. HELP SO CUTE)
Chris: Thank you! Are you from Houston?
Me: Um— (had to think about how to explain, knowing he wouldn’t know my hometown.) A few hours away.
Chris: Oh yeah? Did you drive for this?
Me: Yeah!
Chris: Oh my gosh, well thank you! Here you go! *hands me my books*
Me: (*panicking because I only have time to say like, ONE more thing*) And I loved— I loved the photo; the picture of yours and Will’s Halloween costumes.
Chris: Oh, well, thank you, thank you, (and something else I can’t make out. It sounds something like “we’re sharing those” but idk? Argh, that security guard yELLS SO LOUDLY.) It was good to see you.
Me: It was an honor to meet you. (This is where I shove my hand out like a robot because I’d worked so hard not to forget to shake his hand that it sort of automatically flew out in front of me, omg. CUE THE HANDSHAKE WITH CHRIS COLFER.)
Chris: You too, you too! Thank you!
and then I died.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 2:46 am

lookatthesecrayons:
The Plushie Finale, a.k.a How I met Chris Colfer
Ok so the plushie I made was for none other than Chris Colfer!
I arrived in Houston last night and crashed at my bff KawaiiBunny3’s house. We chilled with some anime as I frantically completed the Brian plushie. I wound up finishing at 3am and forced myself to go to sleep. This morning, She very graciously chauffeured me to the bookstore to pick up my ticket. We arrived super early so killed time by running around to various stores in the area. I picked up another book, Katy Perry’s new album and some asian sweets. Then it was back to the bookstore to queue up. I met some really awesome people who shared my deep appreciation for the awesomeness that is Chris Colfer. I wound up being in the 3rd group. I was so excited, nervous, terrified, just everything all at once! Right before I was to get my book signed, I quickly confessed to a store employee how nervous I was. She looked me right in the eye an said “Honey, just breathe. Don’t cry, you want to remember this as happy” I felt immediately better and stepped up to give him my gift. Everyone always says this but seriously, Chris Colfer is the kindest, sweetest, most gorgeous human being ever! Right away I gave him the plushie and he loved it! He was so impressed by it and said the resemblance was uncanny. He especially liked the eyes, which was done in 5 shades of green. He said I was amazing and I just told him how he inspired me and we were thanking each other before I awkwardly walked off. Then I was allowed to take this pic from behind a barrier. The security was rushing everyone through so I didnt get a chance to take more. But no picture compares to the sheer joy of having his complete undivided attention on me. I was so impressed with his kindness, cause I was such an awkward duck, but I managed to get through it. Afterwards I met up with my new friends and we just hugged and fangirled. I went to KawaiiBunny3’s car and just sobbed hysterically because I was so overcome with joy. Im so glad Chris liked my gift. Im so glad I got to meet him. Judges can critique my art all they want, noone can ever hurt my feelings again because Chris Colfer told me my art was amazing. This has been the best day of my entire life!
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 2:50 am

High-res
thenotoriousklg:

I met Chris Colfer today. He was super nice and said if he was a tree he’d be a Christmas tree (which was my answer when I was asked that question years ago, so clearly we’re meant to be besties). He answered my friend very quickly and was like “Yeah… I’ve thought about this before.” Then I asked about Brian, and he said he was sure Brian missed him, but he’d miss anybody that fed him. So we only talked for like 30 seconds, but it was great.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 3:31 am

Chris colfer book signing
So I went to Chris Colfer’s book signing in Houston today and when I finally got to get my book signed he said “oooo you look warm” I couldn’t say a fucking thing! I had the words on the tip of my tongue and they wouldn’t come out! God dammit Chris! Why does he have to be so gorgeous in real life!

darrencrissinspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 5:16 am

I got there about one-thirty and got my book. There was already quite a few people there. I went into the bookstore and purchased a second book. After a certain time, the staff had us wait outside. I talked with some lovely people while we all waited. The weather sucked, but it was totally worth it. (Also, I was completely surprised by how small the bookstore actually was. It made sense why they had all of us outside.)
At two they started letting people in by group color. At one point I heard some sort of shriek come from inside.
By the time I went in it was about two-fifteen. I waited in line for about two minutes, one girl a few people in front of me was telling a story to Chris that was making him laugh and…he was so adorable with her.
By the time I went up to him, I talked to him for about ten to fifteen seconds. And I will say what hundreds of other people have said: He is stunning in person. No picture does him justice. His eyes are gorgeous in real life, and they were filled with so much happiness and delight, and shining bright with joy. You could tell he was loving what he was doing.
After you got your book signed, you could stand to the side and take pics of him. I took some, but they aren’t too good. I waited several more minutes outside, he took a break after about an hour I think. There was some fans that said something that bugged me, but I ignored it.
After it was all said and done, I went home. I’m still basking in the awesomeness that today was.

vivianagleek
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 5:18 am

So I met Chris Colfer today and I cried and I may have had a minor panic attack in Schlotzsky's afterward oops.

blainewarblerhummelanderson
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 6:15 am

“I am indeed a ninja”
—  Chris Colfer when I gave my ninja t-shirt (via iamstruckbylightning)
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 3:21 pm

Orlando:

x

x

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 3:30 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 4:01 pm

source | source] (ccn)

x

Chris arriving at the book signing: tumblr link.

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG
So Chell (Feels!Anon) brought her daughter, dressed as Froggy, to see Chris and here’s her text OOOOOOOOOMMMGGGGGG
"so Chris just hugged my kid. I can’t. Chris just bear hugged and cooed at something that came out of between my legs. Yeah I’m a little broken right now"
x

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 4:05 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 4:08 pm

[source]

Link to video: here.

sarrahfina: So this just happened. #chriscolfer loves the fact that I am a teacher. I am dying. #tlos2 #ilovemylife #orlando

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 4:56 pm

[source]

[source]

Short video: link.
And another one: link.

[source]

[source]

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 5:47 pm

x

Video of Chris leaving the store: link.

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 11/24/2013, 6:30 pm

He really seems to enjoy doing these meetings. And just as always it's so nice to know that hundreds of people had an extremely good and happy weekend, simply by meeting him, even if it was just for few seconds. I especially loved the story of that destiny anklet falling off after her meeting Chris.

Although now that Chris is buffing up his upper body and still shows no signs of letting go of the skinny jeans, tight skinny jeans, he sometimes looks like a stick man. And this is said with all my endearing love, so do not throw my membership card away. Smile
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 11/24/2013, 6:49 pm

chris has nice, lean but muscular legs and they look very good in skinny jeans (seriously, only lean legs look good in skinny jeans). unfortunately that photo has perspective issues so they look like sticks. most people rely on crappy cell phones to take pictures and videos these days. while they are very convenient and offer quick snap anywhere you go, the pictures are often very poor in quality. the tiny lenses also produce a lot of noise and distortion. if you have seen chris in person (like I have), you will know that he's nicely proportioned. Smile 
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 8:51 pm

So I bought Chris this

and after I gave it to him he made this face for about five seconds

notaloneourloveisallweneed:
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 8:56 pm

calmdownperverts:
Yes, I was one of the people who purchased more than just a couple of books. After paying many tolls, got a no seat belt ticket, and no sleep, I got to meet Chris and it was definitely worth it!
The whole time my heart was pounding, I was scared I was going to start crying, that I was going to hyperventilate and pass out, but luckily I didn’t. I started freaking out when someone I met in line actually got four photos of him before the signing really kicked off and started to move, because her grandmother sneaked a peek and got a few. It was when I finally realized this was real.
When I came up, he immediately said, "Hi," and it took me a moment for me to finally say it back. I was just so stunned at his presence, how gorgeous was, and how he actually existed. My idol existed! He was very sweet and asked me how I was doing, I immediately said I was good and asked him in return. I said, “I’m sorry for having so many books.” Since everyone seemed to only have one, or two I felt bad for having so many. He smiled and said, "The more the merrier." And seemed more amused by it more than anything. I explained they were for friends out of state and he was surprised by that. I knew it was coming to a close and at least remembered one thing I wanted to really say/ask him. I said, "Are you going to go to Disney World?" He replied, "No, I can’t! I’m so depressed!" I wish I had a recorder, or someone filmed it, because he said it so dramatically and was so cute the way he said it. How his voice went so high and suddenly down low. I then said, “You need to come back and complete your Disney journey! You’re almost there!” He said, “I know! I need to!” And that was that.
People were definitely right in saying he was more gorgeous in person. I thought I would be cool, but I forgot almost all the things I wanted to say in the short time period and was shaking. Also, his voice is more breathtaking in person. I hope he does get to come to WDW eventually. I felt bad that he seemed to have to rush to get back to LA.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 11/24/2013, 9:02 pm

ColferInspired wrote:So I bought Chris this

and after I gave it to him he made this face for about five seconds

notaloneourloveisallweneed:
Is a mickey robot? Cool. It seems people are getting more creative when it comes to gifts Smile

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 9:08 pm

classifiedarchives

The looks on Chris and Alla’s faces when I tell Chris that he is my Top performer are just amazing. Hey, he deserves it. My areas survey scores went up to 100% and we became number one in the group once I started recommending his book series to the children I met at work.
Also he loved his new Target dog with its little scarf and vest.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/24/2013, 9:09 pm

nevertoomuchcaffeine:
So the signing was about 4 hours ago. I’m just now sitting down to do a little (tiny) write-up of my experience because after waking up at 5:30 last night to sit in front of a book store to get my ticket/book (which thank you BAM for opening up 1.5 hours early to let us in) and then running around today to get there on time, I’m EXHAUSTED! As soon as I got home I took a nap and I’m just now waking up from it.
So the experience! Because of previous engagements I didn’t get to the book store until 12:10ish. This was after dropping my kids off at my mom’s and rushing to eat a quick lunch because the husband and I hadn’t eaten anything all day. I managed to bribe him to come along with me so he could take pictures. He knew he would regret it the rest of his life if he had to hear about me not having any pictures talking to Chris Colfer. So he came! I had tickets 60 and 61. At around 12:45 Alla came in to make sure everything was in place. Then then brought out the poster/sign of the new title of TLOS3. By this time people were freaking out trying to figure out where he was coming out from and when he was coming. At 1:01 he came out from the back!
First things first, Chris Colfer is just fucking gorgeous in person (like we had any doubt!) I didn’t think I’d be one to start crying or screaming but holy cow I could feel the tears starting to come to my eyes. But I held back, which I’m sure my husband was grateful for. As soon as he sat down the first person was already ushered up to him. Signings were really quick and left you no room to be left speechless if you had something to say to him. The whole week I was trying to figure out what to say to him (I did NOT need another Fall out Boy situation) but even as I ate my lunch I still had no clue! So I settled on just a simple question. My husband and I found out right before we met him that the only pictures that would be allowed were behind a rope in front of him but because of how fast he was signing he would have to run really quick in front of me and jump behind the rope if he wanted to take pictures/video. So at the last minute we decided he wasn’t gonna get to meet him and he quickly just jumped the rope. Soon it was my turn.
They quickly pushed me through to him and obviously when you first stand in front of him, you’re just speechless! But I knew I had little time, so I quickly just asked him if while he was down he would make it to Disney World? He said no and that it was really depressing but next time for sure! (this was pretty much all the time I had with him because the next girl was approaching fast) So as I walked away I told him “He really needed to cause remember, we have 4 parks!” Kinda lame but oh well. He said yeah yeah! So obviously he’s most likely leaving right after the signing back to LA. After you meet him they usher you out the door pretty fast so the whole thing seemed surreal! And even now I feel like the whole thing is just a blur that I dreamed up!
I can finally say I met Chris Colfer.
I am not one to make eye contact with people at all, and HE made eye contact with me the whole time! He has beautiful eyes and just GOD! HE’S SO HANDSOME!!!
The pictures/video I have are on my husband’s phone so until tonight I won’t be able to post them but they’re coming! Thanks to anyone who read this.
(And in case anyone was wondering, I did not see Will, sadly. So I’m almost positive he didn’t come with him on this trip. Strange enough my husband went to FSU and had a friend in film school and he thinks that his friend might know him (Will).)
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 11/24/2013, 9:13 pm

chris is now an expert at book signings. neutre

i like this idea of fans voting for locations. i hope he does the same for the next 2 books. maybe he can even have people vote for 2 foreign cities next time. i know our friends down under would love to meet him for once!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top