The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  Glorfindel on 8/5/2013, 4:27 pm

x

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/5/2013, 5:35 pm

This was already posted in the appreciation thread, but just for filing ake (when people want to seek out all interviews at the time of the TLoS2 book tour, here's the link to the HuffPost interview: link

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 5:59 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Since there will be several book signings coming up, and I saw this nice picture on tumblr, I thought it would be a good time to start this thread.
May it be full of funny and charming stories of book huggers meeting Chris, many lopsided and blurred pictures of fans not being able to stop shaking and crying in the presence of our king, and plenty of lovely but slightly awkward gifts that Chris will probably receive by the bucket loads again.
In other words: Colferpalooza TLoS2 is on, bitches!!!!11!!1!!! panikbounce 

Chris Colfer fans lined up outside the Union Square Barnes & Noble for Tuesday morning’s appearance.[source]
(via ccn )

Already? Hah! I don't think that I'll be going tonight. Much as I'd like to see Chris in person, I don't think I could stand or sit around for hours for a few seconds.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 6:02 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:So, we have at least three interviews for today! Entertainment Weekly Live, Huffington Post Live, and The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick. Plus he starts filming for Glee today, doesn't he? Boy will be busy! I'm excited! I wasn't present the last time there was a Chris Colfer riot (his SBL, TLOS blitz in Europe). Well, I was here and keeping track of everything, just not participating in the celebration with you all. Smile 

Well, he must be in NYC or on his way already, so I don't think he's filming today. ;-)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/5/2013, 6:23 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Already? Hah! I don't think that I'll be going tonight. Much as I'd like to see Chris in person, I don't think I could stand or sit around for hours for a few seconds.
But you don't have to sit around for hours.
According to the information we got you can get a wristband and a number right now (the line is gone now), and tonight (at 10.30 I believe) you can go back to your numbered seat. neutre 

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/5/2013, 6:28 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:So, we have at least three interviews for today! Entertainment Weekly Live, Huffington Post Live, and The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick. Plus he starts filming for Glee today, doesn't he? Boy will be busy! I'm excited! I wasn't present the last time there was a Chris Colfer riot (his SBL, TLOS blitz in Europe). Well, I was here and keeping track of everything, just not participating in the celebration with you all. Smile 

Well, he must be in NYC or on his way already, so I don't think he's filming today. ;-)

Yeah, I kind of figured. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/5/2013, 6:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
x

Poor Chris! He is going to be SO tired!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/5/2013, 7:11 pm

The question sheet for the q&a tonight:

I hope this means that they will screen the questions before they're asked, to avoid any awkward and annoying ones. unsure

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/5/2013, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 7:14 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The questions for the q&a tonight:

I hope this means that they will screen the questions before they're asked, to avoid any awkward and annoying ones. unsure

Looks like it.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/5/2013, 7:16 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The questions for the q&a tonight:

I hope this means that they can do one of these things when they get the CrissColfer questions:

1.) Read it with a gigantic eyeroll and a theatrical sigh.

2.) Crumple it up into a ball and toss it in the trash can with a disapproving look.

Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/5/2013, 7:52 pm

^Lol. Maybe Chris and Alla made a bet on how many of those questions would be about Darren and/or Klaine? tonguue

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/5/2013, 8:06 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Lol. Maybe Chris and Alla made a bet on how many of those questions would be about Darren and/or Klaine? tonguue

Oh, I forgot one!

3.) Shake their heads and mutter "Morons" under their breath.

Well, Alla will have to do the "moron" part. Chris is too nice for that! :P

I wish Chris luck on these midnight signings! I hope they don't take a huge toll on him!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 8:20 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Lol. Maybe Chris and Alla made a bet on how many of those questions would be about Darren and/or Klaine? tonguue

Oh, I forgot one!

3.) Shake their heads and mutter "Morons" under their breath.

Well, Alla will have to do the "moron" part. Chris is too nice for that! :P

I wish Chris luck on these midnight signings! I hope they don't take a huge toll on him!

I don't know if Alla speaks Russian, but if she does she can come up with a lot better stuff than "moron." Twisted Evil 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/5/2013, 8:46 pm

There are still wristbands available for tonights reading. In case some of the NYC based crowd does have time to go. You still have the chance neutre .

I hope it will 'sell' out. I hate the idea of Chris not reading in front of a full house. Call me sentimental :( .
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 8:48 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:There are still wristbands available for tonights reading. In case some of the NYC based crowd does have time to go. You still have the chance neutre .

I hope it will 'sell' out. I hate the idea of Chris not reading in front of a full house. Call me sentimental :( .

Really? This late? There are bands available for the reading still? Not just the signing?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/5/2013, 8:51 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:There are still wristbands available for tonights reading. In case some of the NYC based crowd does have time to go. You still have the chance neutre .

Really? This late? There are bands available for the reading still? Not just the signing?

Barnes and Nobles just tweeted. So yeah, so far officially wristbands are still available. Go! Have a great time.

I really, really hope they get enough people. Maybe a midnight reading at midnight isn't the best idea? Or many people thought they actually have no chance to get in?

I want to be in NYC!

ETA: Grain of salt, someone on tumblr said only 200 wristbands were handed out Shocked :( 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 9:07 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

Barnes and Nobles just tweeted. So yeah, so far officially wristbands are still available. Go! Have a great time.

I really, really hope they get enough people. Maybe a midnight reading at midnight isn't the best idea? Or many people thought they actually have no chance to get in?

I want to be in NYC!

ETA: Grain of salt, someone on tumblr said only 200 wristbands were handed out Shocked :( 

Maybe a midnight reading isn't the best time for his fan base, especially for a children's book? I can hardly imagine going into Manhattan at this hour! After all, hubby and I are just settling down to watch Chopped for the evening.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle on 8/5/2013, 9:13 pm

It's a weekday. And it starts at midnight. And it was announced at very short notice. I guess most of the potential audience either couldn't get free from work tomorrow or isn't allowed out of the house that late by their parents.
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 9:15 pm

glimmerle wrote:It's a weekday. And it starts at midnight. And it was announced at very short notice. I guess most of the potential audience either couldn't get free from work tomorrow or isn't allowed out of the house that late by their parents.

Well, we'll see! Maybe I'll go out still. It is hard to believe that only 200 bands have been handed out!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon on 8/5/2013, 9:16 pm

glimmerle wrote:It's a weekday. And it starts at midnight. And it was announced at very short notice. I guess most of the potential audience either couldn't get free from work tomorrow or isn't allowed out of the house that late by their parents.

or they don't have a boat to cross the ocean.sifflou 

sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle on 8/5/2013, 9:24 pm

AnneNeville wrote:It is hard to believe that only 200 bands have been handed out!
It's on tumblr, so it must be true!!!11

Oh, wait...

Razz

sjonnepon wrote:or they don't have a boat to cross the ocean.sifflou 
My kingdom for a speed boat right now!
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/5/2013, 9:29 pm

Hey, I purposely said 'grain of salt' fanny2 .

I want this damn room full. I don't like the idea of unoccupied seats. This is very weirdly affecting me emotionally Razz 

Maybe the TARDIS could show up and bring me to NYC?! That'd be nice.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle on 8/5/2013, 9:41 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I want this damn room full. I don't like the idea of unoccupied seats. This is very weirdly affecting me emotionally Razz 
Same. Razz  But I don't really have a doubt that Chris will fill that house. *cough* At least we can be sure the wristbands weren't bought by scalpers and his PR team *cough*

Maybe the TARDIS could show up and bring me to NYC?! That'd be nice.
Even better than a speed boat! It could even bring us back in time to have a good night's sleep so we won't look like zombies when we'll show up at work tomorrow later today.
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/5/2013, 9:42 pm

Four hours ago B & N Union Square tweeted that they'd given out less than 200 bands.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/5/2013, 9:49 pm

Yup, that is true. At least no poor PR attempts. It is also shitty timing with during the week, midnight and good working citizens with no time/parents who refuse to let their children out late.

I'd really like to know the current numbers. I sincerely cannot grasp how few have shown up.

I am free tomorrow so all I have to do is wait for the Tardis. Everything else doesn't matter mrgreen 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top