The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Glorfindel on 8/20/2013, 5:28 am

brisallie wrote:I may be wrong, but I believe that soulmates (sometimes) are not necessarily a couple, for me are just two people who have an special bond between them and whatever it happens, they are there for each other. The thing is we usually connect this with our significant other.
You're right. Soulmated do not have to be connected in a romantic way. Look at Kurt and Rachel: they are soulmates. fanny2



I forgot to say something else, as regards Conner and his newly found writing skills, is Chris putting something of him on Conner?
Yes. I like how Chris basically gave himself a pat on the shoulder when Mrs. Peters praised Conner for his stories. Razz
That's the way to do it. coool

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/20/2013, 7:27 am

I'm just going to post my first impressions without reading the thread.

The book was long and I read it through the week here and there, but suprisingly it had a precise storyline that could be dropped and then picked up again whenever needed.

I just loved the beginning of the book, with telling the Baileys life in the Otherworld. I however did not really care for Bob. Actually I thought all the way through that there was something fishy about Bob, all the way to the Colluseum scene. I thougt there would be some sort of Enchatress henchman unravelling from Bob's too nice presence.

There is much more Alex in this one, her inner monologue and with her decision in the end this made it more a Alex than Connor story. And I'm sort of glad that the Fairy Godmother wasn't a part taker in the story, it was all about the twins.

The Enchatress, OK she was evil, but storybook evil and as adult I understand that the bad guy cannot be that scary in a children's book. I however do credit Chris for also showing/telling that this evil HAS indeed actually killed people. Since I assume all the people dangled and thrown out from castle windows by the vines did, indeed die and plenty others.

And talk about gruesome decaying mermaids from the ceiling. That was terrifying image!

Overall the book kept interest up for that 500+ pages quite nicely. It did have some moments where I stopped reading because things kinda stalled a bit and kept thinking: lets move on. I know people like Red but she was annoying. How many times does her suprises that no one respects her have to repeated. And I know we joked about the lack of romance or it being cheesy in the first book: I don't know if this one really got that one right either. But in an adventure romance is and should be secondary which it was.

PS. I still didn't get why it was essntial for Froggy to be a frog again in this book. Yes, he was Froggy because Froggy is a fantastic character but to just turn a prince back to a frog to spy? Maybe it was too cunning for me to understand.
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Glorfindel on 8/20/2013, 6:08 pm

Today I read the chapter of Rumpelstiltskin and the daisy flower to my 11 year old daughter and my 9 year old son (translating it to Dutch for them), and my son started crying because of the poor daisy's fate. :wub:He was really, really angry at "that bitch" (translation) the enchantress.
My daughter thought about it for a while and then gave me a detailed explanation of why the enchantress did that to the daisy (because it was cherished and loved, while she was not), and then my oldest daughter (who read the book by herself) joined the discussion as well.

Even my husband, who had been listening in the background and saw our children's reactions, commented later that he was impressed how Chris manages to make his readers care and think so much.

We are truly a Chris Colfer fan family, aka fanily. Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  arina on 8/21/2013, 3:30 am

Glorfindel wrote:Today I read the chapter of Rumpelstiltskin and the daisy flower to my 11 year old daughter and my 9 year old son (translating it to Dutch for them), and my son started crying because of the poor daisy's fate. :wub:He was really, really angry at "that bitch" (translation) the enchantress.
My daughter thought about it for a while and then gave me a detailed explanation of why the enchantress did that to the daisy (because it was cherished and loved, while she was not), and then my oldest daughter (who read the book by herself) joined the discussion as well.

Even my husband, who had been listening in the background and saw our children's reactions, commented later that he was impressed how Chris manages to make his readers care and think so much.

We are truly a Chris Colfer fan family, aka fanily. Razz
awww wub wub wub  your family sounds awesome. And it's great to see kids really interested in Chris's book... they are unbiased, they will like it or not no matter that he plays Kurt on television. It's the best reward for Chris I think.
(I doubt when was 11 I was clever enough to think about this kind of explanation about the enchantress doing it to the daisy because it was unlike her loved. Your kids seem really smart)
avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/21/2013, 3:33 am

I still need to buy the book.:( 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/21/2013, 4:43 am

Glorfindel wrote:Today I read the chapter of Rumpelstiltskin and the daisy flower to my 11 year old daughter and my 9 year old son (translating it to Dutch for them), and my son started crying because of the poor daisy's fate. :wub:He was really, really angry at "that bitch" (translation) the enchantress.
My daughter thought about it for a while and then gave me a detailed explanation of why the enchantress did that to the daisy (because it was cherished and loved, while she was not), and then my oldest daughter (who read the book by herself) joined the discussion as well.

Even my husband, who had been listening in the background and saw our children's reactions, commented later that he was impressed how Chris manages to make his readers care and think so much.

We are truly a Chris Colfer fan family, aka fanily. Razz
Stories like yours, really make me smile. I love it when books, movies or any other tools are created to unite families and for them to enjoy something together. It also shows that Chris, despite some writing flaws, really managed to capture the interest of many different generations. He really is separating himself from Glee. I couldn't be happier.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Glorfindel on 8/21/2013, 8:21 am

^Thank you. neutre 

What I like so much about the 'daisy' chapter is that Chris didn't just let the enchantress do that to that poor flower out of simple meanness because she is evil, but because the flower represented something she (thought she) never had herself.
She didn't use the flower and its destruction (do I still have to put this in spoiler tags?) as a means to get back at Rumpelstiltskin (which would have been the more logical reason): Rumpelstiltskin wasn't even in the room anymore (and I hope he therefore stayed unaware of his friend's fate, as that would have made the story even sadder and crueler). She did it to the daisy because of what it was itself in relationship to Rumpelstiltskin: the enchantress was jealous of a simple flower.
That was a great 'twist' in perspective, imo. neutre 

arina wrote:awww  wub wub wub  your family sounds awesome. And it's great to see kids really interested in Chris's book... they are unbiased, they will like it or not no matter that he plays Kurt on television. It's the best reward for Chris I think.
(I doubt when was 11 I was clever enough to think about this kind of explanation about the enchantress doing it to the daisy because it was unlike her loved. Your kids seem really smart)
The way my kids genuinely love the TLoS books (and my oldest daughter loves the SBL book too, maybe even more so than TLoS) gives me a better indication of how good Chris is as a writer/storyteller than the praise of the Chris Colfer fandom, as the fans are more biased and inclined to like anything Chris does.
Of course my kids know who Chris is, but that doesn't mean they would have had the attention span/interest to read and even re-read books of a writer just because he is a celebrity with a pretty face.

BTW: my kids are all diagnosed as super/more-than-normal smart (I don't know the English term for this condition). With that intelligence level also comes some symptoms of autism (absolutely not the same in cause, but similar outwardly), meaning slight social awkwardness and some physical clumsiness. My husband and I have the same diagnoses, so we're kind of a 'not-normal' family, lol, but therefore very close (as we understand each other while most people don't 'get' us).
I actually recognize a lot of our 'symptoms' in Chris, including the overachieving and underappreciated quote he loves to make.
Kids like them (and me) are part of those underdogs that Glee used to celebrate in the beginning, and maybe Chris' books resonate so much for my kids because Chris stands up for these kids too, even encourages and empowers them. He lets them see (by his creations and by his example in rl) that the unique traits of their persona that they were held back and bullied for are actually their strengths and talents.

And people wonder why I love this guy so much. wub

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/21/2013, 1:28 pm

Think of how petty and insecure Ezmia must be to be jealous of a simple flower because it received such care, love, attention and protection....things she never felt she had growing up.

Btw, yes to Hummelberry being platonic soulmates. blushh I love those two.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  arina on 8/22/2013, 2:58 am

Glorfindel wrote:
I actually recognize a lot of our 'symptoms' in Chris, including the overachieving and underappreciated quote he loves to make
I personally must admit I sometimes feel little weird in Colfer’s fandom…. Like for example when Chris has SBL event and says there that he did the movie for „people like me and you“ and I am like does he think that every one of his fans is underappreciated overachiever? Am I am the only who has never was one? I always studied hard because I have never been exactly very smart and bright but have parents who are and they always expected me to have grates they used to have themselves so I had to spend five times much effort than my peers to have the same schoold results as them (now I don’t remember anything anyway because my memory suck as well) but that‘s probably it, I’ve never did after-school clubs, I was always glad I can go finally home. At school I always sat in the last school desk trying to be as unvisible as possible. I never had big dreams…. Now I am unemployed and desperate because there is a crisis here and no job offers (quite the opposite more and more people are losing their jobs) and I would be happy for anything (well almost :-D) And my brother lost his job last moth and my mother will probably lose her job in few moths.. well a very bright future is expecting us…

Also with Kurt I always read people who exaplain they fall in love with him because they saw themselves in him etc…. I felt in love with that character just because he was original awesome layered character who was fun and interesting to watch and portrayed by strong actor… Not because he represented me or something…
I felt in love with Chris because of his portrayal of Kurt and overall his talent and then because of his quirky personality, I admire his drive, ambition and overall his story but I don’t think I have much in common with him. Except maybe for the bullying but I was because I was easy target – very shy, very easy too make cry, sucking at sports therefore ruining games for others and making them angry….

So when Chris talks about his fans being the overachieving underachievers and too smart for their own good kids or when he talks about being annoyed when people don’t know what they want to do in higschool while I am 24 and still somehow I am not sure sometimes I can‘t help but think what he would think about fan like me?

Also while I love SBL and think that is something kids should see because I has never been one of those kids and on the other hand I am sucker for fairytales, andveture stories and such, Land of Stories books are closer to my heart.

I don’t even know why I write it here but it’s been kinda something that bothered a little for some time…I am sorry I was off topic.
avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Glorfindel on 8/22/2013, 4:07 am

^There are many different kinds of people who, although they don't have much in common per se, can still bond together over something or someone, like we do over Chris and his projects.
You don't have to be similar to them or be able to directly relate to someone in order to be interested in them or 'like' them.

There was something that made you interested and become Chris' fan, and that's all it takes. fanny2 


BTW: I think his overachiever/underappreciated trope is just one of a larger array of 'types' he has described in his books.
There are other 'types' of characters that he can relate to and describe: most prominently besides the overachiever is the blame-it-on-the-world loser and the misunderstood villain. Even the stereotypical jock and cheerleader and such people (in SBL, but also in TLoS)  are not just simple cardboard characters, although he could have elaborated on them more. Funny, but I think his most cardboard like character 'type' are the several princes Charming of TLoS (except for Froggy). Razz 

I just think that, at this moment in his life (when his childhood experiences are still kinda fresh) the overachiever/underappreciated character is closest to his heart and needs to get out after being forced to be silent for many years, but I have the feeling that there is so much more to him and what he can write.

I fell in love with Kurt because he was so brave and strong yet insecure, because he was proud, opiniated and a dick sometimes because of it, but always stood up for his teammates and friends when necessary.
I became a fan of Chris because of his smartness and honesty, and him being so creative and genuinely interested in other people: especially in his fans who are not famous or achieved any lauded big media attention feats like him and the people he is surrounded by. He sees talent and potential in all of these 'average' people, encourages and inspires them, and that's a mighty gift to give someone. 
Those were my biggest draws to Kurt and Chris in the beginning. The overachiever/underappreciated part of both of them didn't really 'register' with me untill Chris started using that quote for the promotion of SBL, but then I recognized how true it was for me and my experiences, and that it had always been part of Kurt and Chris.


Boy, I need coffee now. (too early in the morning to get philisophical, lol) Smile


Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/22/2013, 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos before morning coffee)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/22/2013, 5:26 am

I also am not an underappreciated overachiever, even though I actually did a lot during the last years and stun people when I tell them a bit about my life. I was lazy like hell, and also couldn’t wait to get home. But still and I know that sounds arrogant, but I accomplished a lot. Now I am in the middle of internships and secondary jobs, waiting for my first real employment. The economy sucks right now, so currently, maybe I am an underappreciated overachiever. I know I can reach a lot in life, but no one seems to give me a chance. At least so far. It is very frustrating.

I actually loved it when Chris admitted he wasn’t that good in school. I don’t like that usually all my favorite characters tend to be smart in school. Intelligence doesn’t always equal performance in school. It also doesn’t mean students automatically are dyslexic or something else. Some students just do not fit into the existing school system. They have average/bad grades but are actually incredible smart. But somehow those groups of people also always get ignored in the media (to be fair, also partly by Chris, even though it didn’t fit Carson. So I give him some leeway).

I love that Chris represents a group of people that always get ignored. The true underdogs do not even have a place in Glee anymore, and we are forced to listen to all those stars claiming they got bullied, because it seems to be the new thing. Those students who are not attractive or cute, who are average in school, who do not date, who really have no friend (and not like 15 other people rallying around one), who do not necessarily have any talents whatsoever. They don’t exist in HW. So even though SBL doesn’t represent my youth, it makes me happy to finally see a different HS experience in the movies. SBL felt like I saw a real school, environment and student body. All extras and the actors looked like HS students. Even the pretty girl has a certain amount of normalcy, that she didn’t represent a model in coming. I really like and applaud that. Chris has a better understanding of the average student, compared to HW who always produces the same story (losing your virginity…). Same with LoS – Chris seems to get children. I admire that about him.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  arina on 8/22/2013, 5:30 am

I am sure there is much more to Chris, I just sometimes wondered by the way he sometimes talks if he thinks all of his fans are those underpreaciated overachievers...

I love every of those traits you named about Chris and Kurt too although when I started being a fan I had no idea about most of them.... I think I started being a big fan of Chris after i watched his globe winning and thought I have never seemed anyone more genuinely suprised than he was and then I watched his humble interviews afterwards and "obsession" was born...Smile 

And totally agreed about Princes Charming being the most cardboard characters.Razz They are probably my least favorite characters in the books, well the princesses also aren't that interesting although I loved he made them more real by the way he explained for example Cinderella wasn't immediately accepted by the people etc...

avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  brisallie on 8/23/2013, 12:18 pm

In two days I've read a lot, and I've to say that Ezmia is way worse than Evly, or that what I've perceived until now. But both have in common they had a reason to be as they are, but unlike Evly, whom I understood why she did what she did. As regards Ezmia, I think she has taken her revenge too far, because I know it must be hard to not be understood or supported by your community or family, but why don't solve those issues with them instead to be against the world? Or besides of being a personal revenge, probably she's also an ambitious woman who's eager of power.

On a side note, there things that she mentioned that somehow reminded me what Chris had said in interviews, or thing that I've perceived. Like when he said he searches for love in the wrong places, and I can related to Ezmia and her bad choices when it comes to love; and I've taken this from the book, and it says something like " people loves you as long as they get something out of you, but the minute you say sth they don't want to hear...all the admiration drains from their hearts". I'm not sure if is exactly what Chris feels sometimes about the fandom, but personally I believe that everytime he speaks up his mind, some people dislike it and criticize him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/24/2013, 4:58 pm

There are mixed reasons as to why we've all fallen in love with both Chris Colfer and Kurt Hummel. Surely, it cannot be all for the same reasons. Everyone is different. For me, I love Kurt Hummel because he is strong, good and pure. I know so many people hate this....but I love him for his almost "martyr" and "Mary Sue-like" qualities. But the character is the perfect blend of what we human beings should strive to be, IMO...because, yes, he's good. Yes, he means well. Yes, he's moral and kind. But he's not a doormat and does not let those walk all over him or his friends. He is snarky, sarcastic, rude and bitchy when he has to be...and that's okay. That's GREAT, actually. In the real world, one cannot act like a Disney Princess at all times...people are jerks and life is hard. It's required to get down and dirty once in a while. The world is not perfect. However, I know many of you here are the total opposite. While I love Kurt for his kinder side in spite of his bitchier side, I know a lot of you love him for his bitchier side in spite of his kinder side. And that's okay.

As for Chris...I love how he started off the ultimate real life underdog and ended up a winner at life, yet still remained humble. He is an inspiration. I love how he went through so much crap while growing up and didn't become bitter. I love how he's a real life Cinderella story. Also, we share a lot of the same passions....performing arts, writing, filmmaking, psychology...so he's easy to relate to on that level. I feel like I am watching a mogul in the making, and that's exciting. Who says that moguls are a thing of the past? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  brisallie on 8/24/2013, 5:20 pm

@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/24/2013, 5:30 pm

brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/24/2013, 5:51 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/24/2013, 5:57 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/24/2013, 6:20 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.
Honestly, the only reason I don't like Marley is because the writers tried too hard to make me like her. They shoved her down my throat from the minute she was introduced and tried to make me believe that she was another special snowflake. The other problem is, Melissa (bless her heart) is not that strong of an actress and doesn't pop on my screen like Lea, Chris, and Naya. Maybe that's another factor in why kitty is favored. As bitchy as she is, you can't help but notice her.

I probably would've liked Marley more if they had established her as a character first before trying to the whole love triangle bullshit. And if she hadnt gotten so much screentime.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/24/2013, 6:22 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.
I agree especially about Tina I used to like her now can 't stand her since she turned into a Blaine can do no wrong stan and a bitch.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/24/2013, 6:40 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.
Honestly, the only reason I don't like Marley is because the writers tried too hard to make me like her. They shoved her down my throat from the minute she was introduced and tried to make me believe that she was another special snowflake. The other problem is, Melissa (bless her heart) is not that strong of an actress and doesn't pop on my screen like Lea, Chris, and Naya. Maybe that's another factor in why kitty is favored. As bitchy as she is, you can't help but notice her.

I probably would've liked Marley more if they had established her as a character first before trying to the whole love triangle bullshit. And if she hadnt gotten so much screentime.
I agree. And while do like her, she does not join in my rank of characters that I love. And I do admit that the meaner characters, while I hate them most of the time, do have a certain "spark"...such as Santana or Kitty.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  brisallie on 8/24/2013, 7:53 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.
When it comes to Tina, I could understand if she ever felt like her own club was putting her aside, but I thik she's taking everything a little bit too much. She went from that shy girl to the annoying one she's now, and I'm sorry but I think is only because she never got solos or never was the center of attention like Rachel, ok I got it, probably those are reasons to be upset, but is doesn't mean you have to be a bitch with everyone.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/24/2013, 8:04 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Moviesarelife, you have a point there about Kurt. Coincidentally, I was talking to my grandmom about these people who're genuinly good and how much I like those people, because they're just being themselves. As you said, Kurt is someone who sincerely means well, unlike other people who pretend they're "nice". And that why I dislike when some people said he's "St Kurt", because he's not, he's not pretending to be someone who's not. If those people take the time to know him better, they'll realize he also has a bitchy side, but for me is a side that he had to develope because of the bullying he had to deal with.
I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.
When it comes to Tina, I could understand if she ever felt like her own club was putting her aside, but I thik she's taking everything a little bit too much. She went from that shy girl to the annoying one she's now, and I'm sorry but I think is only because she never got solos or never was the center of attention like Rachel, ok I got it, probably those are reasons to be upset, but is doesn't mean you have to be a bitch with everyone.
The thing that doesn't make sense about Tina is if she was really pissed about not getting solos, she would hate Blaine the most. He's the one who sings everything. She sure as hell wouldn't hate Kurt, who has done absolutely nothing to her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/24/2013, 8:24 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I hate the "St. Kurt" nickname and I hate how it's said with a certain disgust or mocking. Kurt is nice, but he's not a "saint" nor tries to be. Why is being nice a crime in the Glee fandom?
It's the same thing with Marley. Everyone likes Kitty more because she has more personality. Being a bitch doesn't mean you have personality. Marley, as dull as she may be, is not perfect. She is incredibly naive and way too forgiving and doesn't seem to know how to stand up for herself. But she can stand up for her friends, and unlike most of the people on the show, she is a genuinely nice and sweet person.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

God, I thought I was the only person who thought that. Marley does have her flaws, such as her low self esteem. A lack of a hubris can be just as much as a character flaw as too much of one.

Look how they've fucked up Tina by giving her "more personality". I liked her personality before. And being shy/nice/quiet doesn't mean you have no personality. Tina is just a bitch now.
When it comes to Tina, I could understand if she ever felt like her own club was putting her aside, but I thik she's taking everything a little bit too much. She went from that shy girl to the annoying one she's now, and I'm sorry but I think is only because she never got solos or never was the center of attention like Rachel, ok I got it, probably those are reasons to be upset, but is doesn't mean you have to be a bitch with everyone.
The thing that doesn't make sense about Tina is if she was really pissed about not getting solos, she would hate Blaine the most. He's the one who sings everything. She sure as hell wouldn't hate Kurt, who has done absolutely nothing to her.
True, instead she turned  a  Blaine  can do no wrong stan  and a bitch,. She should of been on Kurt's side over Blaine when Blaine cheated on him  instead she totally Blame Kurt for it  Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil :angry: antifana tronco sadica vomir

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Buenos on 8/24/2013, 8:33 pm

Getting back to the Land of Stories The Enchantress...

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but Chris making several trips to PIXAR has my hopes up that maybe they could get involved in an eventual movie version of the series...I know PIXAR likes to do their own stories, but you never know....
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6317
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Read and Discuss thread!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum