Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  brisallie 6/7/2013, 4:37 pm

What that bastard wrote? Or is too offensive to post here?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  sheny 6/7/2013, 4:44 pm

brisallie wrote:What that bastard wrote? Or is too offensive to post here?

He didn't use vulgar language so it's not a problem to write it. He said the poll was supposed to be for best boyfriend material not girlfriend so Kurt has no place on it. And then he laughed or in this case wrote "hahahaha". Very funny effeminophobic a..hole.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/7/2013, 8:08 pm

sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:What that bastard wrote? Or is too offensive to post here?

He didn't use vulgar language so it's not a problem to write it. He said the poll was supposed to be for best boyfriend material not girlfriend so Kurt has no place on it. And then he laughed or in this case wrote "hahahaha". Very funny effeminophobic a..hole.

:angry: What son of a bitch! It is true that he's noafraid to embrace his feminine side, but that it doesn't mean it turns him into a girl. So those people who say things like he's the "girlfriend" should shut up their mouth.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/7/2013, 10:29 pm

*sigh* It really deeply saddens me that there is a sizable segment of the gay community (as evidenced in how differently Kurt is presented from Blaine in this poll) who are trapped in this hyper masculine mentality that they have to mock someone (or in this case a character) that isn't completely, stereotypically masculine. It's the same crap that Kurt had to put up with all through season 3, being compared to Blaine and found lacking because Blaine came across as more a "guy".

Apparently though, Kurt (and Chris) has an enormous amount of respect, judging from both the comments and his position in the poll as the overwhelming favorite. The upper group is starting to shake out, with the other fandoms waking up (and I have no problem with Agron from Spartacus moving up because... YUM!) and while Kurt's percentage has decreased slightly, his total votes have increased dramatically while Blaine's have barely increased at all. Now unquestionably Kurtsies are determined to make a point here, what with the awful blurb for Kurt and Blaine's infidelity being barely alluded to. But you would think that the Blarren stans would have woken up and made more an effort to boost Blaine's ranking. I'm taking this as further evidence that outside of Darren's admittedly noisy fanbase (that isn't nearly as big as they might believe they are), no one really cares about Blaine or Darren.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/7/2013, 11:26 pm

Ranwing wrote:*sigh* It really deeply saddens me that there is a sizable segment of the gay community (as evidenced in how differently Kurt is presented from Blaine in this poll) who are trapped in this hyper masculine mentality that they have to mock someone (or in this case a character) that isn't completely, stereotypically masculine. It's the same crap that Kurt had to put up with all through season 3, being compared to Blaine and found lacking because Blaine came across as more a "guy".

Apparently though, Kurt (and Chris) has an enormous amount of respect, judging from both the comments and his position in the poll as the overwhelming favorite. The upper group is starting to shake out, with the other fandoms waking up (and I have no problem with Agron from Spartacus moving up because... YUM!) and while Kurt's percentage has decreased slightly, his total votes have increased dramatically while Blaine's have barely increased at all. Now unquestionably Kurtsies are determined to make a point here, what with the awful blurb for Kurt and Blaine's infidelity being barely alluded to. But you would think that the Blarren stans would have woken up and made more an effort to boost Blaine's ranking. I'm taking this as further evidence that outside of Darren's admittedly noisy fanbase (that isn't nearly as big as they might believe they are), no one really cares about Blaine or Darren.

Yes, I have seen offensive comments from other gay men who say things like "A man like Blaine/Adam would never go for a twink like Kurt in real life." It's just disgusting. Kurt is beautiful and handsome. Unfortunately, femme gay men and butch lesbians get treated the worst from straight people AND from their own gay communities! I guess it's a self hate thing, similar to how darker skinned black people are treated the worst by other black people....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/8/2013, 3:49 am

Mistakenly, I used to believe that only straight people, either girls or boys, make unrespectful comments toward effeminate gays and butch lesbians. But I've realized that among gay community there's also a discrimination between those who're more girly/male and those who aren't. And is sad, because I believe that when you're part of a community, you should be part of it , protect it and respect everyone.

As regards Kurt, sometimes when I see this sort of comments, I don't understand how is so hard for them to see beyond these "effeminate" features. But then I think is only a small part of the fandom/community, if not how do you explain why he has turned into an inspiration for so many people?

P.S Innocently I used to believe that everybody likes Kurt , and with everybody I mean EVERYBODY.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/8/2013, 4:18 am

brisallie wrote:Mistakenly, I used to believe that only straight people, either girls or boys, make unrespectful comments toward effeminate gays and butch lesbians. But I've realized that among gay community there's also a discrimination between those who're more girly/male and those who aren't. And is sad, because I believe that when you're part of a community, you should be part of it , protect it and respect everyone.

As regards Kurt, sometimes when I see this sort of comments, I don't understand how is so hard for them to see beyond these "effeminate" features. But then I think is only a small part of the fandom/community, if not how do you explain why he has turned into an inspiration for so many people?

P.S Innocently I used to believe that everybody likes Kurt , and with everybody I mean EVERYBODY.

I am still sometimes shocked when people dislike or even hate him. I sincerely don't get how you can hate him. But different tastes and all. I just want people to be constructive. I hate Rachel, dislike Lea but cannot deny she is a good actress. I'd never call her the weakest link.

The discrimination within the gay community is just sad. Also the AE, OUT and Trevor seem to prefer to support heterosexual actor portraying homosexual actors. They seem to go the extra mile to dismiss homosexual actors, even though those are the ones they'd support.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/8/2013, 11:28 am

brisallie wrote:Mistakenly, I used to believe that only straight people, either girls or boys, make unrespectful comments toward effeminate gays and butch lesbians. But I've realized that among gay community there's also a discrimination between those who're more girly/male and those who aren't. And is sad, because I believe that when you're part of a community, you should be part of it , protect it and respect everyone.

Sadly, groups that are discriminated against within the larger society often discriminate against their very own.

I also don't get how you can not like Kurt. He is so strong, such a good person, and adorable. Even at his "worst" in season one, he was still so vulnerable and sweet, despite the ice queen mask.

I hate how these gay publications go out of their way to support straight allies rather than actual gay/lesbian performers. Again, is it a self hate thing?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/8/2013, 12:56 pm

Ughh look what some idiot on Out's page has written
I'm sorry but if you are a straight female, your opinion is irrelevant. Kurt is one of the most offensively stereotypical gay characters on TV.

Evil or Very Mad Is this guy serious? He says Kurt is an offensive stereotype (has this moron ever watched the show), but has no problem making offensive comments about all straight women. God I wish I could go there and punch him in the face.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/8/2013, 1:09 pm

sheny wrote:Ughh look what some idiot on Out's page has written
I'm sorry but if you are a straight female, your opinion is irrelevant. Kurt is one of the most offensively stereotypical gay characters on TV.

Evil or Very Mad Is this guy serious? He says Kurt is an offensive stereotype (has this moron ever watched the show), but has no problem making offensive comments about all straight women. God I wish I could go there and punch him in the face.

I saw that comment. And I saw your response as well. I liked it and even made a comment of my own that was pretty long and opinionated. What's even more surprising was that it actually had proper grammar and didnt use cuss words. *gasp*
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/8/2013, 1:28 pm

How Chris/Kurt is viewed by some in the gay community/media (not all, but some) reminds me very much about how black models were treated for so many years. The few models that did reach superstar status were women like Iman and Naomi Campbell - women with features that weren't so "black", lighter skin and straightened hair. And then Alex Wek came on the scene with her very clear black features, dark skin and natural (or very shortly cropped) hair and blew the idea that black models had to look like white women with a deep tan out of the water. Suddenly it was okay for black models to actually look like black women.

I think that for some parts of the gay community, part of their striving for acceptance by society was to come across as "normal" and to prove that most gay men didn't fit the negative stereotype that people believed them to be. That left gay men who actually had some of those traits being viewed not only negatively viewed by the straight community but by the gay community as well (because they got in the way of trying to come across as normal to the straights). It's taken quite a while for black standards of beauty to expand enough to embrace women of all types, and there will come a point where gay men of all flavors will find acceptance in their own community.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/8/2013, 3:17 pm

so being effeminate is "offensive" to these macho gays?! they blame effeminate gays for giving them a bad name. they are totally wrong! straight people who discriminate gays do so not because they dont' like male acting feminine, but because they find the idea of two men having sex repulsive. they don't care if these men are effeminate or macho. they just don't like these "unnatural" behavior. but the macho gays are totally delusional to think that if all gays act macho then they would be more easily accepted by society. society is also changing. in ancient times men were the wariors and protectors so they need to beef up to take up heavy axes and other weapons. now the differences between teh sexes have greatly reduced in workplaces and daily lives. women don't need nor want macho men to fend off rivaling tribes. deadly weapons are now guns that even 5 year olds can operate. women actually prefer men w/ more "feminine" qualities to help with home chores and raising children. men who are good fathers are model citizens. men who can't control their testostrones are sent to jails. we women want guys to help vacuum the floors rather than throwing dirty shoes all over the place. we want men to give us flowers rather than slap our faces whenever they get drunk. we want civilized men who are caring and sophisticated. we value humor, gentleness and intelligence more than the number of chest hairs. we want a modern men, not a prehistoric neanderthal!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/8/2013, 4:31 pm

^I like what you are saying. I haven't really read a lot from evolution/biology theories but I do like the idea that homosexuality is/was natures clever way of creating more "nurturers". Since the hunting men tended to get themselves killed but only after producing more offspring than one or two women (grandmothers) to take care of. Of course this has nothing to do with modern society, but I just feel that nature creates all kinds of funny things.

I'm not a hardcore feminist but I hate how hyper masculinity is the still considered best a man can be. Unless we fall back to agricultural society due to some global financial crisis the extra strong heterosexual man isn't the "best" kind of human.

OK, the comment on OUT about a straight women having no right to comment on the gay boyfriend gallup: I get what that commentator was going for but the words should have been explained. I do feel like effeminate men have their own fans in the gay community but that's all just choosing a stereotype, but you really fall in love with who you fall in love with or want to shag. It's just conforming to hide and mock your natural feelings because society says you shouldn't be something. Straight women perhaps pointing that out makes some of these guys angry.

Women liking effeminate men is for me a question of safety. I was terribly afraid big straight guys in my early twenties even thought nothing really bad had happened to me, but I never wanted that "safety" from a masculine man, I was quite happy hanging out with the hippies, nerds and gay boys simply because I didn't have to worry.

Besides I've been angry at MANkind (sorry to all guys reading this) all day since I heard the news from the Santa Monica shooting. When I first heard it my thought was: another man with a gun, again!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/8/2013, 6:56 pm

There is a lot of self-loathing in the stuff that Out, AE and gays who insult their own (effeminate) kind are doing.
And I think that it's also very noticable in how Ryan Murphy treats Kurt on Glee now, after he found the 'perfect' gay in Blaine. Evil or Very Mad

It's good to see that the Kurtsies are not taking it anymore. The revolt on the Out poll is the first clear evidence of that, but I have also seen people protesting on AE before, although the Blaine/Klaine worship is still very strong there.
Kurtsies went to battle for Kurt in the last summer hiatus (after season 3), although that helped only temporarily. But they keep protesting and letting TPTB know how desireable and loved Chris is, by voting for him for the People's Choice Awards and now the Teen Choice Awards. TPTB can't deny it anymore, but it's still an uphill battle.

I have the feeling that Chris, who has already done so much for the LGTBQ community, as Kurt but also as himself, will do more for the gay community. Maybe not so much direct actively involved, but simply by leading by example.
Because people like what he's doing, how he holds himself (in public) and how he portrays and protects Kurt. And therefore they are willing to go to battle and stand up for him and Kurt, and are calling out those effemiphobes and homophobes (like Out) on their shit.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 6/8/2013, 7:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:There is a lot of self-loathing in the stuff that Out, AE and gays who insult their own (effeminate) kind are doing.
And I think that it's also very noticable in how Ryan Murphy treats Kurt on Glee now, after he found the 'perfect' gay in Blaine. Evil or Very Mad

It's good to see that the Kurtsies are not taking it anymore. The revolt on the Out poll is the first clear evidence of that, but I have also seen people protesting on AE before, although the Blaine/Klaine worship is still very strong there.
Kurtsies went to battle for Kurt in the last summer hiatus (after season 3), although that helped only temporarily. But they keep protesting and letting TPTB know how desireable and loved Chris is, by voting for him for the People's Choice Awards and now the Teen Choice Awards. TPTB can't deny it anymore, but it's still an uphill battle.

I have the feeling that Chris, who has already done so much for the LGTBQ community, as Kurt but also as himself, will do more for the gay community. Maybe not so much direct actively involved, but simply by leading by example.
Because people like what he's doing, how he holds himself (in public) and how he portrays and protects Kurt. And therefore they are willing to go to battle and stand up for him and Kurt, and are calling out those effemiphobes and homophobes (like Out) on their shit.

THIS! I wish so badly I could comment on that poll, but I'm still in a position where I need to protect my son's identity until he is ready to be out fully. Since they only take Facebook comments, I can't do that. But I would love to explain how both Kurt and Chris have helped and influenced my son and our family. My husband especially began to change his views on homosexuality, and what it would mean to have a gay child, after we started watching the first season of Glee together. He really liked Kurt and all the different layers to his personality, and it helped him understand our own son better.

My husband is an officer in the US military. He has lead men into battle. He's about hooah-macho as you're going to ever meet, but in the past couple of years he's also become an advocate for homosexuals in the military. He sat in on focus groups that were instrumental in the eventual repeal of the Don't Ask - Don't Tell policy of the US military. I would love to see him take on some of the effeminophobes posting on the OUT site, and hopefully someday he'll have an opportunity to tell his story about how his views on homosexuality changed. Kurt Hummel was a part of that, and the positive influence he and Chris have had should never be minimized by those bigots who believe he's not the "right" kind of gay man, and therefore should be ridiculed and marginalized.

angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 6/8/2013, 8:06 pm

Hey guys, thanks for pointing out that OUT poll, because I knew nothing about it!! As of now, Kurt is at 47 %, my beloved Agron is 19%, that Days of Our Lives guy is 12%, and Blarren is 11%. Eat dust, hobbit!

edited to add:

Reading through the comments from the poll, I just clued into the fact that they didn't include the other half of "Nagron": Nasir. I guess they figured he was too "effeminate", even though he stabbed, speared, and generally battled romans with blood-soaked abandon right alongside his ex-gladiator boyfriend.

It must have really killed whoever devised that poll to include Kurt at all. They really seem only interested in macho men (and Blarren, for whatever reason). They must have feared the backlash too much to leave him out. Bitches.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/8/2013, 8:26 pm

angelnessa: thanks for sharing your story w/ us. it's good to know that S1 glee/kurt had such a positive influence over how society see homosexuality. god bless your son and his eventual coming out. hopefully it would be as uneventful as it should.

good to know so many kurtsies are defending kurt. sad to see a part of the gay community enforces self-bullying against their own kind. one day i like to see all people are not judged by their sex, orientation, ethnicity, age or other criteria that they cannot control. people should be judged solely based on the deeds they do and how they treat their fellow humans (and animals I must say) and our overall environment.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/8/2013, 8:36 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:Hey guys, thanks for pointing out that OUT poll, because I knew nothing about it!! As of now, Kurt is at 47 %, my beloved Agron is 19%, that Days of Our Lives guy is 12%, and Blarren is 11%. Eat dust, hobbit!

edited to add:

Reading through the comments from the poll, I just clued into the fact that they didn't include the other half of "Nagron": Nasir. I guess they figured he was too "effeminate", even though he stabbed, speared, and generally battled romans with blood-soaked abandon right alongside his ex-gladiator boyfriend.

It must have really killed whoever devised that poll to include Kurt at all. They really seem only interested in macho men (and Blarren, for whatever reason). They must have feared the backlash too much to leave him out. Bitches.

Thing is they are getting backlash of another kind. Twisted Evil
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/8/2013, 8:45 pm

angelnessa wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:There is a lot of self-loathing in the stuff that Out, AE and gays who insult their own (effeminate) kind are doing.

THIS! I wish so badly I could comment on that poll, but I'm still in a position where I need to protect my son's identity until he is ready to be out fully. Since they only take Facebook comments, I can't do that. But I would love to explain how both Kurt and Chris have helped and influenced my son and our family. My husband especially began to change his views on homosexuality, and what it would mean to have a gay child, after we started watching the first season of Glee together. He really liked Kurt and all the different layers to his personality, and it helped him understand our own son better.

My husband is an officer in the US military. He has lead men into battle. He's about hooah-macho as you're going to ever meet, but in the past couple of years he's also become an advocate for homosexuals in the military. He sat in on focus groups that were instrumental in the eventual repeal of the Don't Ask - Don't Tell policy of the US military. I would love to see him take on some of the effeminophobes posting on the OUT site, and hopefully someday he'll have an opportunity to tell his story about how his views on homosexuality changed. Kurt Hummel was a part of that, and the positive influence he and Chris have had should never be minimized by those bigots who believe he's not the "right" kind of gay man, and therefore should be ridiculed and marginalized.

Those idiots on Out won't listen anyway. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 3 3181402168

The more famous Chris ever gets and ones like him, media like this will be missing out.

Chris is embraced by the regular media, they are interested in him as a talent not his sexuality or that Kurt is effeminate.

He doesn't need to do interviews or photoshoots with them.

We got the August Man, Mr Porter and that other magazine that I can't remember at the moment.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/8/2013, 9:27 pm

Wow. I wonder if my opinion matters then...or if I am considered just some "dyke" with an irrelevant POV also. dryy

Jack McFarland is a stereotype. The bitchy gay guys at NYADA are stereotypes. Kurt Hummel is not a stereotype...he is so much more than his sexuality and assumed feminine personality traits. He is a heroic figure and an inspirational character, and if the self loathing guys at Out cannot see that and can't look past the surface, then I feel sorry for them. They are no better than the straight people who hate gays.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/8/2013, 9:35 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Wow. I wonder if my opinion matters then...or if I am considered just some "dyke" with an irrelevant POV also. dryy

Jack McFarland is a stereotype. The bitchy gay guys at NYADA are stereotypes. Kurt Hummel is not a stereotype...he is so much more than his sexuality and assumed feminine personality traits. He is a heroic figure and an inspirational character, and if the self loathing guys at Out cannot see that and can't look past the surface, then I feel sorry for them. They are no better than the straight people who hate gays.

What show is Jack McFarland from? And I already gave the idiots a piece of my mind and it seems like people agree with me. We know Chris is a beautiful, inspirational, talented man and that's what matters. If those bastards in the media wanna live in their delusional fantasies with their heads up Darren's ass, let them. We know the truth!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/8/2013, 9:40 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

What show is Jack McFarland from? And I already gave the idiots a piece of my mind and it seems like people agree with me. We know Chris is a beautiful, inspirational, talented man and that's what matters. If those bastards in the media wanna live in their delusional fantasies with their heads up Darren's ass, let them. We know the truth!

He is this annoying character from Will and Grace. Say, if someone took Kurt and pumped up his most annoying qualities, and removed all of the depth and all of the good traits...then you've got Jack McFarland. Kind of reminds me of how Unique is a Kurtcedes baby only with all of the worst qualities of the two characters and none of the good ones...you know what I mean?

I wanna see your comment! Twisted Evil

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/8/2013, 9:44 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

He is this annoying character from Will and Grace. Say, if someone took Kurt and pumped up his most annoying qualities, and removed all of the depth and all of the good traits...then you've got Jack McFarland. Kind of reminds me of how Unique is a Kurtcedes baby only with all of the worst qualities of the two characters and none of the good ones...you know what I mean?

I wanna see your comment! Twisted Evil

Just go on the poll page and you'll see it. It's the top comment. Twisted Evil
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/8/2013, 9:58 pm

Saw it! Good job! *claps* mrgreen

But some moron called Kurt a "simpering, selfish twit" and then it made me angry again. Evil or Very Mad

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/8/2013, 10:05 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Saw it! Good job! *claps* Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 3 2222602150

But some moron called Kurt a "simpering, selfish twit" and then it made me angry again. Evil or Very Mad

Don't these idiots realise this is why people are voting for Kurt?

Well, they can keep adding fuel to the fire. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 3 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next