Upfronts 2013

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColferInspired on 5/14/2013, 11:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:This is a post on the KHAT from the Kurt mod there. I hope she doesn't mind me copying it here. She was at the upfronts:

Honestly when he came out everyone went crazy and started pushing and yelling at him to sign stuff and take pictures. I honestly felt bad cause it was soo crazy. He was the only castmember to get a crazy reaction like that. It must have been overwhelming for him. He signed a few stuff took a few pictures and left. I dont blame him though because people were acting stupid plus he brought his boyfriend and people would have asked creepy invasive questions.

I hope the execs were watching this.

If Chris gets this reaction, then they should give Kurt more storylines.

I understand him being protective of Will.

I now understand about those pics where Will is looking at that guy. He might have been worried for his boyfriend because of all the craziness.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8794
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Jellyrolls on 5/14/2013, 11:04 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:This is a post on the KHAT from the Kurt mod there. I hope she doesn't mind me copying it here. She was at the upfronts:

Honestly when he came out everyone went crazy and started pushing and yelling at him to sign stuff and take pictures. I honestly felt bad cause it was soo crazy. He was the only castmember to get a crazy reaction like that. It must have been overwhelming for him. He signed a few stuff took a few pictures and left. I dont blame him though because people were acting stupid plus he brought his boyfriend and people would have asked creepy invasive questions.

Poor Chris. Apparently someone had him and Darren sign a Klaine fic. He didnt know what he was signing, but I'm just thankful it wasn't a CrissColfer fic.

Where as Darren realized exactly what it is and wrote a little note on it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 11:12 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:This is a post on the KHAT from the Kurt mod there. I hope she doesn't mind me copying it here. She was at the upfronts:

Honestly when he came out everyone went crazy and started pushing and yelling at him to sign stuff and take pictures. I honestly felt bad cause it was soo crazy. He was the only castmember to get a crazy reaction like that. It must have been overwhelming for him. He signed a few stuff took a few pictures and left. I dont blame him though because people were acting stupid plus he brought his boyfriend and people would have asked creepy invasive questions.

Poor Chris. Apparently someone had him and Darren sign a Klaine fic. He didnt know what he was signing, but I'm just thankful it wasn't a CrissColfer fic.

Where as Darren realized exactly what it is and wrote a little note on it.

At least it was about fictional characters. I'll give the person that much credit. It's still weird though.
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColferInspired on 5/14/2013, 11:23 am

I think he did the right thing now.

That must have been scary for someone that hates crowds. To sign as much as he could, I admire him for that.

It is funny how for two seasons Fox and RIB have been trying to get all the fans believing Blarren is the most popular, the hottest, the most loved on the show.

I hope this has opened their eyes that the fans never bought it and still won't.

Everyone has their favourites in this fandom. It is just not one person that Fox and RIB have been pushing for ages now.

It is telling that none of the noobs were there.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8794
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Jellyrolls on 5/14/2013, 11:25 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Oh agreed, but I wanted to point out fans are allowed to be disappointed. I also think signing autographs, taking pictures etc are partly an obligation for Chris and Co because they are famous because of us. So to be honest I do not really care how much Chris may dislike it (which I doubt, btw),as it is part of his job. Hence, my statement I understand why some fans were complaining about the lack of Chris. However I also get every fan event has its limit and not everyone can be served. I also doubt he was as rude as he was supposed to be.

Otherwise I totally agree and understand the tight schedule. I never said I disrespect or dislike Chris for that matter. I expected from the get go some legit explanation, which we already partly got. I also agree Darren should have accepted the schedule as well, as every authograph session has a limit.

Honestly, I think it's the mentality of the fandom that leads to some of the undeserved comments that the fans spout. In some ways, Chris and Darren are like Bert and Ernie. In the minds of so much of the fandom, not Chris and Darren, they are CHRISANDDARREN. So much of the fandom looks at them as one and the same, as opposed to two separate individuals. They often get unfairly compared (even here we do it, though we despise the comparison). It's like they think if Darren takes the time to spend time with fans, then Chris should be spending equal times.

I know people have been complaining about Chris, and to a lesser extent Lea. But what about Matt, Jane, Kevin, and Jenna? Are people bitching about them not spending enough time with the fans.

Changing gears, in regards to the posts Marie shared about Darren's behavior at the event, I have to say that his behavior was entirely unprofessional and disrespectful to the other celebrities at the event. I'm sure that each of the celebrities was given instructions for how they should walk down that line, how much time they spent, and told to keep things moving. From the sounds of it, most of the celebrities followed those instructions, but Darren chose to ignore them. At least two stars caught up with him in the line. He didn't move along because he wanted the attention, and I bet he loved that Demi and Zooey caught up with him so that they hopefully pictures of them together would pop up all over. He took away from other stars' opportunity to interact with the fan by taking more of the spotlight than he should have.

Darren's fans will shout from the high heavens that this is because Darren is a nice guy who loves the fans more than anyone, and wants to spend more time with them, but in reality Darren does this because he needs the fans more because he isn't talented enough to last long in this business without a strong fan base.

I may sound a bit harsh with my comments, but I do believe what I said. This isn't the first time that Darren has behaved this way, and I'm sure it won't be the last. This isn't the first time that Darren has held up other stars to spend time with fans beyond what is appropriate. Darren has proven time and time again that he likes the attention and the spotlight, and he doesn't have any regard for the other stars around.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 11:37 am


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 11:38 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Oh agreed, but I wanted to point out fans are allowed to be disappointed. I also think signing autographs, taking pictures etc are partly an obligation for Chris and Co because they are famous because of us. So to be honest I do not really care how much Chris may dislike it (which I doubt, btw),as it is part of his job. Hence, my statement I understand why some fans were complaining about the lack of Chris. However I also get every fan event has its limit and not everyone can be served. I also doubt he was as rude as he was supposed to be.

Otherwise I totally agree and understand the tight schedule. I never said I disrespect or dislike Chris for that matter. I expected from the get go some legit explanation, which we already partly got. I also agree Darren should have accepted the schedule as well, as every authograph session has a limit.

Honestly, I think it's the mentality of the fandom that leads to some of the undeserved comments that the fans spout. In some ways, Chris and Darren are like Bert and Ernie. In the minds of so much of the fandom, not Chris and Darren, they are CHRISANDDARREN. So much of the fandom looks at them as one and the same, as opposed to two separate individuals. They often get unfairly compared (even here we do it, though we despise the comparison). It's like they think if Darren takes the time to spend time with fans, then Chris should be spending equal times.

I know people have been complaining about Chris, and to a lesser extent Lea. But what about Matt, Jane, Kevin, and Jenna? Are people bitching about them not spending enough time with the fans.

Changing gears, in regards to the posts Marie shared about Darren's behavior at the event, I have to say that his behavior was entirely unprofessional and disrespectful to the other celebrities at the event. I'm sure that each of the celebrities was given instructions for how they should walk down that line, how much time they spent, and told to keep things moving. From the sounds of it, most of the celebrities followed those instructions, but Darren chose to ignore them. At least two stars caught up with him in the line. He didn't move along because he wanted the attention, and I bet he loved that Demi and Zooey caught up with him so that they hopefully pictures of them together would pop up all over. He took away from other stars' opportunity to interact with the fan by taking more of the spotlight than he should have.

Darren's fans will shout from the high heavens that this is because Darren is a nice guy who loves the fans more than anyone, and wants to spend more time with them, but in reality Darren does this because he needs the fans more because he isn't talented enough to last long in this business without a strong fan base.

I may sound a bit harsh with my comments, but I do believe what I said. This isn't the first time that Darren has behaved this way, and I'm sure it won't be the last. This isn't the first time that Darren has held up other stars to spend time with fans beyond what is appropriate. Darren has proven time and time again that he likes the attention and the spotlight, and he doesn't have any regard for the other stars around.

Not to mention, he was attracting even more attention by provoking the camera man to chase him around the event. That sounds like something my 10 year old brother would do, which is not okay, because Darren's supposed to be an adult. :angry:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColferInspired on 5/14/2013, 11:44 am

sheny wrote:

I really love that suit on Chris.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8794
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  dap1217 on 5/14/2013, 11:55 am


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
avatar
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-23
Real Name : Melody

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 12:55 pm



sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 1:00 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 1:01 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 1:02 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Jellyrolls on 5/14/2013, 1:25 pm

sheny wrote:

I love how Chris sits as close as he can to his cousin/assistant/podiatrist/psychic friend advisor, leaving a few inches of space on the edge of the seat. I wish I was comfortable enough with my cousin/assistant/podiatrist/psychic friend advisor to sit that close to him Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 1:29 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sheny wrote:

I love how Chris sits as close as he can to his cousin/assistant/podiatrist/psychic friend advisor, leaving a few inches of space on the edge of the seat. I wish I was comfortable enough with my cousin/assistant/podiatrist/psychic friend advisor to sit that close to him Wink

Well, his cousin/assistant/podiatrist/psychic friend advisor certainly doesn't seem to mind. Wink
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 1:30 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Glorfindel on 5/14/2013, 1:35 pm


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8690
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 1:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

Chris looks a little uncomfortable in this picture. :(
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Glorfindel on 5/14/2013, 1:38 pm

^More bored than uncomfortable, imo. moque



(I think this is the same pic I loved so much I posted earlier, but now more close-up.) aa54

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8690
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 1:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^More bored than uncomfortable, imo. moque



(I think this is the same pic I loved so much I posted earlier, but now more close-up.) aa54

Can't say I blame him. He was backburnered and now they're just using him as publicity. And he even admitted himself he doesn't like crowded events, so I'd say a little of both. tonguue
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Glorfindel on 5/14/2013, 1:50 pm

^True.


Damn that dryy chrundershirt:


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8690
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 1:51 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 1:55 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 2:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^True.


Damn that dryy chrundershirt:


Tumblr would've crashed if he hadn't gone with the chrundershirt. Then again, that might not be a bad thing. fanny2
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Glorfindel on 5/14/2013, 2:25 pm




x
Chris at the Upfronts in 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013.





______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8690
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Upfronts 2013

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum