Tomorrow's Farewell

Thoughts?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Fame vs. Glee: Fame 1x3 Empty Re: Fame vs. Glee: Fame 1x3

Post  AnneNeville on 4/25/2013, 4:26 pm

Love: Shorofsky and the BoE guy arguing about whether studying Gregorian Chants in Music History infringes on religious freedom.

Love: Football players trying to make it through Lydia's dance class.

Love: That the performing arts are shown as a life-changing force.

Love: That nobody outside the art world seems to understand its value.

Shorofsky: "I hate anything that stifles freedom, and anyone that stifles creativity. These people are pencil-pushers and adder-uppers and have no place in our school."
Sherwood: "Don't you just want to take him home and put him one your mantle?"
AnneNeville: YES!

My admiration of hero!Bruno increases.

I also appreciate the way we are gradually getting to know the main characters.

Not too much about the entertainment business per se, this one is more of a character episode.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/28/2013, 2:04 am

-The dancing students just crushing the football players in dance class was so funny. I loved that scene! It made me smile and made me want to get up and dance...and I can't dance!

-"Can You Feel It?" I love that song! I wish they used the original one, though.

-I love how Bruno mentioned the different groups within the school...the dancers are "snobby", the theatrical kids are "weird", no one gets the music kids. It reminded me of Kurt's voiceover in Sadie Hawkins.

-I hate this snobby attitude that some people have when they look down upon the arts. Art feeds the soul. Art is every bit as important as a traditional education and sports. Chris, a performing arts kid himself in high school, has also mentioned that he hates that the arts are constantly being cut from schools everywhere because they aren't "important" to real life. It was his outlet, and he said he would not have survived high school without it.

-The dance teacher has gotten even more tough/strict in this episode and I still like her. Unlike Cassie, who I think is cruel and unnessassary with her remarks and antics.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down