Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
Divalicious
Delight
Kurt Hummel
bayth
valkeakuulas
Adamina
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Piciollina
ColferInspired
arina
sheny
fantastica
Lottie2303
Ireth
AnneNeville
opals
Ranwing
TimF
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
tanita_mors
26 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap47%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap12%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap35%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight 5/6/2013, 7:52 am

Only just watched the episode. I suppose my enthusiasm for Glee (or lack thereof) is showing.

Rachel thanking Mr Schue for her inspiration of singing DSB for her audition is just plain weird. Finn was the one who put together the DSB performance. The writers can't even get their own canon facts right.

Ooh.... and we have another Kurt voice-over. Kurt definitely leads in the category of 'character with the most voice-overs' in season 4 of Glee.

Burt has Stage 1 prostate cancer? They were trying to milk drama out of Stage 1 prostate cancer? Lame. Rolling Eyes It did give us an amusingly OCD Kurt and a Kurt-Burt-Carole scene (something that hadn't occured since the Burt-Carole wedding), so I guess that's something.

YATSOML works out better as a performance than as a mere song, though it would've been preferable to see Kurt's 'swans' to be people who actually have a nice relationship with him (instead of abrasive Tina, insulting Kitty and non-existent friendship or interaction Marley)

I find Blaine to be mostly inoffensive in this episode, despite being in close proximity to Kurt. At least until the proposal. After half a season of seeing him pine after Sam, it's laughable to see him spout that 'soulmates' nonsense. Burt's response to Blaine's proposal idea: 'You're kidding or you're nuts?' (Love this line). Also, it looks like Burt does know about what Blaine did, when Blaine admitted outright that he had hurt Kurt badly (and Burt didn't react as if this was news). I wish I could've seen that missing scene where a fiercely protective Burt chases Blaine away with a flamethrower or shotgun. Instead, we get Burt calling Blaine 'family' (sigh).

Cassandra is a closet Rachel fan and supporter/cheerleader. Who would've thought? I guess no villain on Glee can remain a villain for long, because they'll inevitably succumb to the life-converting experience of being exposed to the awesomeness of these singing Glee kids. I wonder if there's any character whom Rachel interacts with this season who didn't sing her praises and/or aid her in her journey to achieve her dreams (Kurt, Santana, Brody, Finn, Shelby, fickle sycophants No. 1 and 2, and now Cassandra)? I'm going to yawn if she gets the Fanny Brice role next episode.

Kitty's is now being strangely nice to Artie using her typical not-nice methods. I'm somewhat a bit glad to see that they're using this actress for something more than insulting people and being a third wheel in the boring Jarley romance. I'm still not sure what they ultimately want to do with this character though. First she's with Jake, then Puck, then Ryder, and now Artie (her planting herself right on Artie's lap during the final performance of the episode has to mean something, right?).

Oh, and it looks like the show had decided to get the graduating Glee kids into NYC next season. Artie seems to be on his way there, and (sigh) Blaine hinted that he's heading there too. Hmm... I wonder where MIT is located? If it's not NYC, then Brittany may be off the show for good (or until Heather delivers her bundle of joy).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 5/6/2013, 8:56 am

MIT is located in Cambridge, MA. Close enough that they can have Brit make guest appearances.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/6/2013, 10:43 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Also out of all the compliments the could have used, the went with dirty cute? Not hot or sexy? Why is Kurt only allowed to be cute?
banzai

But really, Kurt isn't allowed to be hot. He can only be cute. Like a small child or a not-quite-hot-enough-to-screw young woman. Perhaps young men get that, too, I don't know, as I haven't ever been one. But anyway, Kurt isn't allowed to be hot. Blaine's the hot one. And they have to keep on reminding us of that "fact" because if they don't, Darren's acting will reveal the fact that he's a kind of normal looking guy who makes terrible faces on camera.

Looking at all the teen idols from the past (and how they aged), it amazes me how easily the teen/tween market is convinced of the sexiness of really rather ordinary looking guys.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/6/2013, 1:59 pm

Seriously I don't know what RIB sees, because for all of us is clear how attractive is Kurt and that he can be as hot as the other guys (or more). But they keep insisting how "cute" he's. Or probably we're the ones who're blind, and in our mind we believe this boy is actually a hottie, but no one else see that.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/6/2013, 2:42 pm

Kurt isn't allowed to be hot, because if the Glee writers removed the covers from the tween's audiences eyes, they would explode all over the place, and expect Kurt to be on a lot more than he is. We all have suspicions that FOX doesn't really want to have an actual gay person be a sex symbol, I don't think they believe one can be. So they stick with their not-really-gay gay boy, who doesn't always behave like a gay boy anyway, and they can't have anyone else, most especially his effeminate gay object of momentary affection, upstage him. They simply ignore the fact that he does.

I watched this episode, but was unable to watch even one scene of special snowflake Rachel. I honestly think she won't get the Funny Girl part, and all the accolades she has garnered all season are to blunt the pain of her fans when she finally loses. My problem is she has won so damn much, that losing one part that she is too young and inexperienced for, doesn't make up for every damn thing else that has been handed to her. Rachel can't lose badly enough to make this whole season worthwhile. Not after season 3 of Loss for Kurt, that ended with his only win being sex with his boyfriend.

Then season 4 where Blaine in turn gets to win every single damn thing that Kurt wanted in season 3. Where Blaine gets to cheat and have it wiped away with being only human, while Kurt is suspiciously absent. Where the biggest downer for Blaine will likely be Kurt saying no, or finding out Kurt has a boyfriend he is somewhat serious about. It isn't big enough for all of his wins, he has even more special snowflake status than Rachel, because everyone wants and adores him. When we've seen Blaine crush most of the season with Sam, and shift his affections whenever he wishes, and have this accepted as right and cool just because he is Blaine. He is a kid, I don't blame him for that, but I do want it acknowledged that childish indiscretions have consequences, and don't earn you sexy, talented boyfriends.

Still hoping for Cassandra to pull a meany and trash Rachel's audition, because her total 180 annoys me. It would be interesting to see if Rachel loses and in season 5 have every damn sycophant who licked her feet at NYADA look down at her.

I liked Kitty, and I liked Mike. Artie was fairly good, and despite all the love his mother got, Burt still is much, much better. That isn't based on all the time he has had on, it will always be based on his scene in the basement where he always knew Kurt was gay. And he waited for over a decade for Kurt to be ready to talk to him. You can't get past that for great.

I liked that they actually spent time on choreographing performances that were more than go to this part of the room and bounce around, then move over here and shake your hair.

Kurt wore his amazingly tight pants, that showed off his amazingly tight body. Kurt got to be OCD and happy in the same episode, and nobody came and rained on his parade. Perhaps it was because Rachel was all the way in NY and hasn't had a disappointment that he has to prop her up about.

I didn't see him as thinking Blaine would propose, just open and friendly and giddy from his father's remission. And for those naysayers elsewhere who talk about Kurt leaving during the school year, where Rachel gets her test moved up, umm, any school that would take to task someone with a parent dealing with cancer, and their child wanting to be there, sounds like it likes legal action. Just saying.

I found nothing really noteworthy, because they are spending most of their time on characters I don't care about. While Kurt did get a nice amount of time, and a resolution to a stupid story, nothing moved forward in his personal life. Blaine wants him when he is around, and is now suddenly afraid he might lose him. You should have thought of that before you cheated, before you crushed and instead of propping up your own self worth, you should have thought about actually wooing the current object of your affection, instead of assuming if you waited long enough he would forget what you did.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/6/2013, 2:58 pm

At least the wardrobe department realise that Chris has a good frame to dress Kurt in these magnificent, skintight things, which would get him suitors and courting coming from left and right. Come on, Kurt studies musical theatre and works at Vogue!

The fact that Lima had only four gay men to begin with has been obvious show that Kurt had no choice in the end but Blaine. moque (Oh Eli might be gay as well, how could I forget the fifth gay!) But NY they can't play the same, Fox network maximum tolerate-rate of gays in one town, its a tad bit more obvious. Of course it's understandable that the few precious minutes spent in NY side of the show has to be saved to carry Rachel forward and have Kurt longing for Blaine.

That is the reason why I loved this episode to give it the good rating, because Kurt was separated from the main focus pullers of Glee.[/i]
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/6/2013, 3:13 pm

Divalicious wrote:Kurt isn't allowed to be hot, because if the Glee writers removed the covers from the tween's audiences eyes, they would explode all over the place, and expect Kurt to be on a lot more than he is. We all have suspicions that FOX doesn't really want to have an actual gay person be a sex symbol, I don't think they believe one can be. So they stick with their not-really-gay gay boy, who doesn't always behave like a gay boy anyway, and they can't have anyone else, most especially his effeminate gay object of momentary affection, upstage him. They simply ignore the fact that he does.

The Glee writers might refuse to acknowledge the fact that Kurt has matured into a stunningly sexy man, but it hadn’t been lost on the rest of the universe. Even that bastion of snark, TWOP, has acknowledged that there is something seriously hot going on here (their recap for this ep is titled “The Incredible Kurt’s Wonder Bone”, which is think is in honor of those remarkably tight pants he was sporting). And yeah… they’re pushing Blarren as the “safe” gay alternative because heaven forbid people actually find a real life gay person sexy (regardless of the viewer’s gender).

I watched this episode, but was unable to watch even one scene of special snowflake Rachel. I honestly think she won't get the Funny Girl part, and all the accolades she has garnered all season are to blunt the pain of her fans when she finally loses. My problem is she has won so damn much, that losing one part that she is too young and inexperienced for, doesn't make up for every damn thing else that has been handed to her. Rachel can't lose badly enough to make this whole season worthwhile.

banzai I’m totally at a loss of what they plan to do with Rachel’s storyline now, because they’ve completely stripped any sense of drama or suspense from it. Rachel is in the best place possible and has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. I thought for certain that she might decide to quite NYADA before letting anything get in the way of having this part, but now that they’ve had Cassandra drink the Rachel kool aid and become her biggest fan, Rachel really has nothing at stake except her own ego. It would have been interesting if Rachel was given some real conflicts here – like instead of giving Burt the convenience cancer, to have one of her fathers diagnosed and make her have to chose between going to her audition and being there for her parent. Instead we get the usual kid gloves treatment where there’s nothing standing in Rachel’s way to getting everything she wants.

Still hoping for Cassandra to pull a meany and trash Rachel's audition, because her total 180 annoys me. It would be interesting to see if Rachel loses and in season 5 have every damn sycophant who licked her feet at NYADA look down at her.

This is the only thing they can possibly do to salvage this storyline and make Rachel at all the kind of character I want to root for. It’ll also be a taste of real showbiz, where people that you pissed of in some way can’t wait to see you fall flat on your face. It’s a shame that Kate Hudson is done, because it would have been satisfying to find out that the whole surprise party was just another elaborate mind game on Cassandra’s part and now Rachel is at the bottom of the NYADA barrel, but apparently only Kurt warrants such harsh kicks in the crotch. One can dream, but I’m fully prepared for Rachel to be cast as at least the understudy if not given the part of Fanny outright.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/6/2013, 4:07 pm

Personally I believe that sometimes the attractiveness of someone go beyond their sexuality, so that why I don't think is wrong to find the gay guy hot if he actually is. So probably the thing is this boy cant fulfill teenagers desire, because it seems that isn't only beauty what teen idols should have, but also being the "fantasy" of young girls. But then I think this haven't stopped some fans to write some steamy stories related to this boy. But at the end, it seems FOX have the last word, not mattering how much is proved the otherwise.

And as regards Cassandra being a Rachel's fan. I shouldn't be surprised, because are two things that usually happen on Glee: villains turn into good people and everyone end up telling at Rachel how "special" she's. But still pisses me off.

P.S I've forgotten to say the performances helped me a lot to appreciate more the songs.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/6/2013, 6:14 pm

Okay here's my 2 cents on the episode:
Kurt was amazing, as usual. I was really happy to see him doing something besides acting like Rachel's personal cheerleader. And I don't think I've ever seen him and Mike interact this much. And this might just be my Hummel-worship heart, but I could swear I saw mike check him out in that hallway scene. :D
I will admit that I liked Blaine in season 2 even though I had no idea who Darren or what the hell Starkid was. And honestly, Darren wasn't even the best person in that stupid play even though he was the star. I honestly thought Joey and the dude who played Voldemort was better and more interesting to watch. I still sort of shipped Klaine in season 3 up until TFT. That episode completely ruined his character and I was seriously hoping that Sebastian would get bored with him and go after Kurt instead. At least I know that pairing wouldn't suck the life out of my tv screen. Okay, I'm getting off track. Moving on to the episode, which I actually liked for the most part.
-Rachel calling Mr. Schue. It was so obvious that it was originally meant for Finn, and I honestly didnt really give a damn about Rachel's plot in this episode. I was rooting for her in 4.19 but I don't care anymore.
-Kurts voice-over. I thought his OCD was adorable, and if Glee had good writers, they could go somewhere with it.
-kurt continues his voice-over. Blah, blah something about Blaine, but I don't remember because I was too distracted by his...ahem...pants. Mike and Mercedes come and kitty starts her solo. I actually really like kitty. Her and Ryder are the only newbies I care about. Jake had great potential, but the writers decided to ignore him after he hooked up with the blandest girl in existence behind Bella Swan, and I'll give the credit to Melissa for at least having more than one expression. Unique can just GTFO. Alex can't sing or act, and I'm actually insulted that he thinks he's a mix of Kurt and Mercedes. Hah no.
-Did not like Mercedes. I love Amber and I'm glad to hear her sing again, but Mercedes acted like a hypocritical bitch in this episode. No matter what she thinks of Kitty's personality, it's undeniable that she's got killer vocals just like Marley. What I wanna know is why she didnt let let Tina take lead. She's the senior! And don't even get me started on Tina. Her jealousy of Kurt and bitterness got old a long time ago, but I do like the fact that she wasn't being a bitch just to defend dreamy heartthrob Blaine. She was being a bitch just to be a bitch. I'm down with that. If RIB wants to make her a hated character, far be it from me to stop them.
-I liked Jake and Mikes dance. It was really fun to watch and Jake is a great performer when you give him the right song. Kitty's expressions are epic and I'm really liking Becca as an actress.
-that Lima bean scene was really fucking creepy. "Dirty cute"? WTF???!!! Is that supposed to be a compliment? Kurt certainly didnt think so, and Chris is way too good an actor for it to have been an accident. I think the Klaine breakup has been the best thing that ever happened to kurt. These past few episodes, he's been confident, happy, snarky, and sexy as hell.
-didnt miss santana. I like the Kurcheltana dynamic, but I still think Santana is a major bitch. After her overexposure last season, I just don't care about her anymore.
-Artie's storyline. I honestly stopped caring about him as a character last season. Although, I will definitely say it has been a welcome change hearing him sing again. Kevin has the best male vocals, second behind Chris, and they're both so horribly underused.
-YATSOML. Okay, so we've literally only had 1 solo up till this episode, so RIB decides to give the most monotonous, snooze-worthy song ever made, excluding Marley Sues "original" songs? Fuck you, Glee. But Chris still sounded amazing, so whatever.
-I didn't care for Mercedes solo. The highlight of that was Kurt taking Mercedes jacket and wearing it. I'm pretty sure I died from the cuteness. Oh Chris. You scene stealer, you.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/6/2013, 6:48 pm

welcome ColdFlame! thanks for hte long post!

i am not a stevie wonder fan, so i honestly don't like any of these songs. i did downloaded kurt/chris' version even though i don't like the song itself. we will be lucky to get another kurt solo next season. it's a rare gift. i will buy it even if it's just chant.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/6/2013, 7:16 pm

Welcome, ColdFlame! Great first post! You'll fit in here just fine Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/6/2013, 7:40 pm

Hi ColdFlame!!! koukou

That was funny blinkk: one minute I'm 'talking' to you on another forum, and then "poof!" I find you here. fanny2

Welcome.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/6/2013, 7:43 pm

oh, which forum was THAT? marie you are everywhere!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/6/2013, 8:00 pm

fantastica wrote:oh, which forum was THAT? marie you are everywhere!

But we are her favorite Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/6/2013, 8:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Hi ColdFlame!!! koukou

That was funny blinkk: one minute I'm 'talking' to you on another forum, and then "poof!" I find you here. fanny2

Welcome.

What can I say? I get around. fanny2 and to be honest, being able to vent about things is incredibly refreshing. I could get used to this. Smile
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/6/2013, 8:19 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:What can I say? I get around. fanny2 and to be honest, being able to vent about things is incredibly refreshing. I could get used to this. Smile
Being able to vent is very healthy indeed. Twisted Evil

fantastica wrote:oh, which forum was THAT? marie you are everywhere!
Our former Glee Garden of Eden we once used to happily dwell in naked together, untill we ate the forbidden fruit from the tree of wisdom. fanny2

Jellyrolls wrote:But we are her favorite Wink
You wish. vexe
(But yes, you are.)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/6/2013, 8:24 pm

Could someone perhaps send me a Kurt/Chris gif to make my avatar? Or link me to some? miamiam
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/6/2013, 8:40 pm

there are a lot of gifs/stills here on this and other forums. if you have a graphics program you can easily make your own then shrink them down to the allowed size. i would not use avatars that others have already used because it can get confusing. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/6/2013, 8:51 pm

fantastica wrote:there are a lot of gifs/stills here on this and other forums. if you have a graphics program you can easily make your own then shrink them down to the allowed size. i would not use avatars that others have already used because it can get confusing. Smile

Oh I wouldn't do that. I was just wondering if anyone had any extra gifs saved on thei computer that they just use to stare at. Know what I'm saying? fanny2
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/6/2013, 9:26 pm

i see you already have a very nice avatar. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/6/2013, 9:41 pm

fantastica wrote:i see you already have a very nice avatar. neutre

Yours looks like a baby Brian. aa54
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/6/2013, 9:46 pm

mine is stolen from some website and his name is "corry". Smile i love all cats. we have a cat thread in the off topic area. if you have any babies you want to show off please do.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/6/2013, 10:17 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Could someone perhaps send me a Kurt/Chris gif to make my avatar? Or link me to some? miamiam

You can find tons of them on tumblr. But is there anyone you want in specific?

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/6/2013, 10:36 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Could someone perhaps send me a Kurt/Chris gif to make my avatar? Or link me to some? miamiam

Yes I'd love to have some from the newest episode. He was 50 kinds of adorable. wub
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/6/2013, 11:04 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Yes I'd love to have some from the newest episode. He was 50 kinds of adorable. wub

Go to tumblr and write Kurt Hummel. I'm sure the first pages will be gifs from last episode.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum