Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spoiler tags and "other" tags

2 posters

Go down

spoiler tags and "other" tags Empty spoiler tags and "other" tags

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 6:07 pm

For those who don't know how to use the spoiler tag:

On the tool bar, you will see toward the right there's an "other" tool. click it and you will find hte "spoiler" tag.

You can also use it manually: type the word spoiler inside the [ ] brackets at the beginning of what you want in the spoiler tag and /spoiler inside the [ ] brackets at the end of what you want in the spoiler tag.

Note that each spoiler tag will take a whole line of space, regardless of hte length of the text inside the tag. To show the spoiler just click the spoiler and the hidden text and images will slide out.

Please use spoiler tags in all threads other than the spoiler thread. You can hide texts, images and even quotes.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

spoiler tags and "other" tags Empty other misc tags

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 6:11 pm

I copied this post from another thread where I was experiment w/ the various tags in the "other" tool:

here's the hidden tag:

this is wow tag: [wow]what the hell does wow do??[/wow]
ETA: wow, it actually hides everythign inside the tag?

this is the random tag: [rand]now what? is it only for numbers? [/rand]

this is the vertical strolling tag: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diem nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut lacreet dolore magna aliguam erat volutpat. Ut wisis enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tution ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis te feugifacilisi.

thsi is hte horizontal scrolling tag: Vote for Chris!!!! Go See Chris' Movie! Buy Chri's Book! Listen to his songs!
ETA: this is so cool! great for announcements and special occasions. Definitel will use it when Chris wins an Oscar or Emmy.

This is the exponent/sup tag, I know what this one doesyup

what the hell is index though???

Shinra, help us w/ some of these weird tags.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

spoiler tags and "other" tags Empty Re: spoiler tags and "other" tags

Post  Shinra17 2/26/2012, 9:36 pm

Ok, first about the hidden tag, it's a tag which hides the text to everyone who hasn't posted in the thread. So, people who are only reading this thread, if you don't see anything, it's normal Smile

The random tag and all the index tag are not very useful. The first one chooses randomly for you a number between the 2 numbers you set as limits (or one number set as the high limit). The index tag allows you list datas in different ways (alphabetical order, with a number, etc..)
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 9:42 pm

what's that "wow" tag? it seems to not display anything in the tag. what's that for?

so the "hidden" tag can be used to exchange "secret" information only between the members. I see.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/26/2012, 9:57 pm

fantastica wrote:so the "hidden" tag can be used to exchange "secret" information only between the members. I see.
under the condition that the members with whom you want exchange information have also posted in the thread. Maybe what I said wasn't clear but the members (and not only the guest) who don't post in the thread don't see the hidden tag (they see a blank space instead).

[wow]12346+[/wow]
testing the wow tag. I don't know it, right now I'm thinking about World of Warcraft lol
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2012, 2:45 am

^ first I thought you are hallucinating, then I did a little googling and indeed it's for inserting world of warcraft codes! I guess there are a lot of Wow forums out there so they have this special tag.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down