Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  arina 5/1/2013, 9:34 am

Last edited by arina on 5/1/2013, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  ColferInspired 5/1/2013, 9:44 am

Lottie2303 wrote:What did Mike say about Chris in the interview? I must have missed that.

I really cannot fathom how RIB thought robbing Burt from Kurt and to give him to Blaine is a good idea. Those script decision must be made while people are drunk/high. There is no logical decision making.

So curious about the upfronts as well. However I expect Lea and Chris, because they are still the faces of Glee, at least marketing wise (which should be very telling in the first place, FOX!).

It was about when Kurt went to New York he said it was saying goodbye to a storyline and the fandom are seeing that as Mike just saw Chris as a paycheck. The fandom are getting pretty riled up about it. Luckily Mike doesn't have a Twitter account.

Though this was not part of the interview, I am tired so I should have thought before commenting. But this comment, and the over praising of Darren is making fans see that comment as red flag to a bull as the fandom are sick of Darren and now they won't to take it out on Mike.

If it was made as a joke it is not seen as funny, after all the sucking up he did to Darren in that interview.

I think the fandom is just fed up and this interview is the last straw. I feel sorry for Mike.

I think he was put in the same position as Jane last year but it has just made him look really bad. I blame Fox for this. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 38 3181402168

Like I said I am tired and didn't think things through. I didn't read the whole interview, but then went back and read the parts that didn't mention Darren as I have seen enough of it on my dashboard. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 38 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 9:50 am

glimmerle wrote:I absolutely agree that Glee has outstanding potential and squanders it on a regular basis. But when it comes down to it a TV-show is just a business like others and wants to tailor itself as economical as possible to their most lucrative target group.
In other words: It's cheaper to just parade teen-heartthrobs around and cash in on their fangirls and mainstream-appeal than investing time and staff (i.e. money) into quality writing, quality choreography and quality music production. All those efforts might make the show better on an artistic level and thus gain them popularity and acclaim in a wider/different demographic, but wouldn't necessarily translate to more profit.
Glee is still one of FOX's top rated shows. They might not see the need to change something when in their eyes it isn't broken.

But as I said, those shows geared solely towards teenager are actually in the overall number of viewers and profit not that successful. I may be very wrong, but the average of CW is 5 Million at the highest for viewers, as a large segment of potential audience does not watch the show.

Glee was originally a dark comedy geared towards a wide range of audience between the age 15-60 years. It had elements for different ages so a wide variety of audience could enjoy it. Those were the times with extremely high viewer numbers, awards and critical acclaim. Why are they so desperate to do everything their power to achieve the exact opposite? They'd should try to dismiss the teenage segment in order to keep the still existing GA. Those will switch off if they continue to pander to only one target group.

ABout MM, I see nothing wrong about that particular statement and don't believe Chris would be hurt. The entire part sounds like a very obvious PR attempt which backfired greatly. Sometimes I think they truly believe the audience is stupid and just listens what they try to tell us. That the majority of storylines in S4 is the exact opposite of what the audience wants (expect Blarren) should be a very good indicator to not underestimate the conseqeucnes the GA may draw from the final outcome (i.e. stop watching for good).

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 9:55 am

ColferInspired wrote: It was about when Kurt went to New York he said it was saying goodbye to a storyline and the fandom are seeing that as Mike just saw Chris as a paycheck. The fandom are getting pretty riled up about it. Luckily Mike doesn't have a Twitter account.

Okay, but that is in my opinion an overreaction and not dissing Chris. Actually MM is very right with that assessment as he exists within the show as Kurts Dad. Kurt being in NYC, of course there is only a very limited number of scenes available for him. Glee is still a business and pay check for MM, so I get why he doesn't necessarily liked the scene from the actors POV.

What else do we want? Him being around having tea parties with Blaine? Burt being present without Kurt involved? No, wouldn't want that either. Maybe some phone calls would have been nice, but MM only got called in in the past when there was a legit reason for him to be in an episode. Everything else is just unnecessary costs.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/1/2013, 10:08 am

I didn't watch the interview but when I saw the quote I thought it was funny.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 10:17 am

arina wrote:I didn't watch the interview but when I saw the quote I thought it was funny.

Agreed.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/1/2013, 10:34 am

I thought that comment was funny too. It's the combination of this comment with the overexagerated Darren praise, plus saying that Blaine has a beautiful arc this year (when he cheated!), and overall praising Darren and not even a word for Chris. Mind you: I actually think Mike meant no harm with this, and he's just toeing the party line, but it's just misplaced and awkward unfortunately.
Add to that the already existing frustration of everything concerning Blee in general and Blaine proposing in particular (plus putting Burt in the episode to prop up Blaine when Blaine this season has been single white femaling everything that once belonged to Kurt), and this little snowball becomes an avalanche.
People are fed up and angry, and Mike's interview just happened at the wrong time. saispa

As for the upfronts: they are on May 13th. And sorry, but Darren already tweeted that he would be there.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/1/2013, 10:39 am

Lottie2303 wrote:What bothers me is the fact that I assume if Chris wouldn't be gay, he most likely would be used as the male protagonist. Instead they feel safer and happier to give this part to a heterosexual actor who portrays a gay teenager. Hence the get all the awards, get acknowledged for being so LGBT friendly (which is a joke!) but don't have to bother to hand this position to someone who truly represents homosexuality. At the core, FOX is very homophobic and conservative in Glee and I don't get how all those award shows still hand out awards to Glee for being so LGBT friendly.

Glee will be one day used in film school in how not to develop a TV show. By dismissing Chris, they just show how little serious thought they actually put in the end concept.

Very true. Despite the fact that things are better for gay actors and performers, they still get the short end of the stick compared to staight actors. A straight actor can easily play a gay character, but if an actor is known to be gay it's a lot harder for them not to get pigeonholed into gay or asexual roles. Neil Patrick Harris is an exception, but he also was well established befor he came out (unlike Chris who has been out since the start of his public career). Straight actors who play gay characters get routinely praised for taking the “risk” of playing a gay character. Which I think is a pretty passé attitude given just how many gay characters there have been in tv and films in the past 30 years. It’s no longer considered a career killer. But actors who are known to be gay often get slammed because they get told that an audience just can’t accept them in a heterosexual romantic role. It happened to Ellen Degeneres and Rupert Everett (who claimed that coming out is career death to an actor).

We see this attitude in how the characters of Kurt and Blaine are treated by the show. Blaine, because he is played by a straight actor, is portrayed as the accessible, desirable figure that can have love interests of both genders while Kurt is socially awkward and rarely is taken seriously as someone to be desired. Darren, the straight actor, gets enormous storyline focus while Chris has been shoved to the back burner this past season (despite his enormous achievements and numerous award nominations and wins). You can’t escape the impression that there is a clear agenda to push Darren as an actor while Chris’s focus is cut off at the knees. I don’t think it’s so much a homophobic attitude on the part of the network, but more the archaic one that female fans cannot be attracted to an actor that they know is gay (as well as playing to the unfortunate idea that is somewhat true that a straight actor is often seen as more desirable even in the gay community).

Now go on Tumblr and it’s easy to see that there are many, many female fans (myself included) who consider Chris a sex symbol and happily lust over him (if all the GIFs of his backside are any indicator). As a woman, I don’t need to have the fantasy of sleeping with an actor to find him sexy. Hell, I’ve been in total lust with Adam Lambert since I saw him on American Idol and knew that he was gay the instant I saw him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/1/2013, 10:50 am

Glorfindel wrote:I thought that comment was funny too. It's the combination of this comment with the overexagerated Darren praise, plus saying that Blaine has a beautiful arc this year (when he cheated!), and overall praising Darren and not even a word for Chris. Mind you: I actually think Mike meant no harm with this, and he's just toeing the party line, but it's just misplaced and awkward unfortunately.
Add to that the already existing frustration of everything concerning Blee in general and Blaine proposing in particular (plus putting Burt in the episode to prop up Blaine when Blaine this season has been single white femaling everything that once belonged to Kurt), and this little snowball becomes an avalanche.
People are fed up and angry, and Mike's interview just happened at the wrong time. saispa

I don't think that Mike meant to slight Chris in any manner, and he's always spoken very highly of Chris as an actor and what working with him has meant to him. This is his first scene working with Darren alone and it wasn't a total train wreck apparently, so I'll expect him to say reasonably nice things. It’s not as if he’s saying that Darren should get every acting award known to man.

I think right now we Kurties are super sensitive to any hint that Chris is being slighted (again) in Darren’s favor and this just (inadvertently on Mike’s part since I don’t think he’s at all aware of what’s been going on in the fandom) just rubs us the wrong way. We get it… TPTB want us to think that Darren is the best actor in ages. Now when he starts getting award nominations that don’t involve his stans spamming an on-line poll I’ll be impressed. But right now he’s still the guy who’s been riding on Chris’s coattails.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/1/2013, 10:54 am

I do think the quote from Mike was funny because he spent talking about being hired in general, so it's logical that Kurt scene in Lima might mean work for him, not so much in NY. I think the quote sufferes a little when taken out of context.

And Mike does talk a lot about Burt/Kurt relationship at the end of this interview...how effective and good those scenes are. As a listener I instantly thought that that is also a credit to the opposing actor, and I'm sure O'Malleys quite tired of talking about this father-son relationship, no matter how good, because he has done so for the last three years and Glee is no longer his main job.

His quotes about Darren sound text book promotional stuff he's probably been told to say...and on top of it I think he's last worked with Darren so it's just simply more on his mind. Wheater it was sincere, I have no idea.

Am I now talking about some different interview: Mike did say this at the Gold Digger/Skype interview thing, right? Is there some sort of print version flowting around?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 10:56 am

I think MM learnt the lesson really well that his interview wasn't perceived positively. I cannot understand why he made the comments about Blaine and his story-arc, because I think an actor should remain silent in case he disagrees with something. I am honest, I judge him if he really thinks it is a positive and great story arc. This very clear PR/pro Darren pandering is annoying. Especially because none of the other actors of the show receive the same treatment. FOX would never put so much effort to salvage Kurts character. But I agree, it is a domino affect as every day something news seems to get released that is pro-Blaine and non-existing Kurt. I wonder how long and hard FOX, RIB and Darrens PR team will try to use this route of over-exposure and being pushy. This will very likely only damage Darren and Glee, so there is clearly no advantage.

It is staggering how tumblr is dominated by Kurt fans or am I reading that wrong? All the # related with Glee are full with comments about Chris, Kurt, and the despise about the proposal storyline. Also Blaine starts more and more to get universally hated. FOX would be clever to not use him for promotional work during the summer so the GA may not be that sick of him anymore once the next season starts. Also Chris is most certainly perceived as a 'sexy' actor. Why are they so active to fight against it? I cannot just be because Chris may be uncomfortable. I mean they go out of their way to present Kurt as someone who should be lucky to be considered by Blaine.

Fox may not be intentionally homophobic but the outcome remains the same. The homosexual actor gets dismissed so there is a very clear difference between the portrayed sex/heterosexual couples. Klaine was doomed for a long time as they were not allowed to act as a couple. How can they be perceived as healthy when next to all those offensive storylines they cannot even act like a normal couple?

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 11:02 am

I kind of want Chris to be nominated for awards for just eating the cookie from a few episodes ago. I know that will never happen, but just the thought of being Emmy nominated for that scene is hilarious. After all he was a scene stealer and has proven once again how to make the most from very little material ptdr .

Also, I want to be in the room when the people from the Emmys/GG receive Darrens consideration episode. I cannot even image how hard they very likely laugh (or roll their eyes thinking: WTF. Really??!). It is a joke.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/1/2013, 11:14 am

I think places like Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter are monitored by studios with the help of interns and assistants...so I assume at least someone knows. Buuut as I've been that kind of low level researcher it takes a lot for your "findings" to be taken seriously especially if there is even one senior decider who doesn't believe in SoMe's power.

You bring your notes to the meetings and they will be dealt with if they have time. And if someone has already decided that, for instance, Darren will still be considered as a lead for S5, then there is no low level researcher that can do anything to convince othervise.

This all leads back to Chris maybe not considered as a leading man, because they don't consider the huge crowd in social medias influencial enough...what makes this blatant side linening infuriating is that Chris gets appraisal from other sources as well, not just from the lowly "fan girls" but confirmed critics and medias.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 5/1/2013, 12:55 pm

Lottie wrote:It is staggering how tumblr is dominated by Kurt fans or am I reading that wrong?

The problem with tumblr is that your experience of it is vastly, vastly different depending on who you follow and what tags you track. I follow a mixture of hardcore Klainers and Kurt-only and/or Kadam fans, so I've got a mixed (and somewhat more accurate) view of parts of tumblr than others. However, I don't follow any Mercedes fans, or Finn fans, or newbies fans, or Rachel-only fans, etc. - and they all have a voice and opinions on the show, too. And by not following them, I don't know how their fanbases feel about things. An official Glee tumblr and whoever runs it, trying to gauge fan reaction, would have to dip their toes into every corner of Glee's tumblr fanbase to get a real view of what the majority of fans want.

For example, a Klainer I follow on tumblr mentioned in a post that, based on her dash, everyone is warming up to and liking the newbies more and more. On my dash, almost everyone hates or is at best lukewarm to the newbies (with some exceptions), and would be more than happy to have the NY-only show as soon as possible. Your perception of fandom changes depending on who you follow (if on tumblr) and where you hang out (if on forums - GleeForum, TWOP, here, porcelain_fans, etc.). And even then, online fandom is a small segment of Glee's overall fandom if you include the general audience.

Truthfully I wish the Glee writers would start writing out their seasons - the ENTIRE season - before they even shoot over the summer, so that fan pandering would no longer be an issue. But I know it won't happen so I'm sad. :( With all the shout outs to the fanbase, the Glee writers seem to love drawing from fandom to create the show. Though I've seen way too optimistic people on tumblr being all "Yay two new seasons, now the writers can plan really long story arcs!!". Ignoring that when Glee was renewed for seasons 2 and 3, there absolutely wasn't any two-season-long arcs in those, so I doubt there will be in 5 and 6....

AnneNeville wrote:Has anyone here actually met Chris or seen him in person? I'm quite curious about how his features look when not on-camera or on screen. (For various reasons)

You asked this several pages back, but I wanted to say that I've met Chris at his book signing in Ohio last summer. neutre I wrote a really long post about it somewhere in the TLOS part of the forum, probably in the book tour thread. I agree with Karen that he's stunning in person. In fact, I think he's more beautiful in person than in pictures. He's a warm and inviting presence. I barely said anything to him from anxiety, but he gave me his full attention regardless and was very sweet when I handed him a letter.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 1:21 pm

Thanks for clarifying about Tumblr. I already suspected that Chris cannot dominate the entire fandom that much. But that also counts when you look at # and not just your personal dash? I find that rather strange, as I want to read the opinions of different people. It is rather sad that my opinion seems to be predetermined by Tumblr and I cannot make my own decision.

But still, Blaine provokes a lot of negativity, let it be TVline, TWoP etc. So opinions must be changing, that cannot just be my imagination. Gleeforum is full with Blaine stans, so I stopped going there all together. However of course that part of fandom (Blarren) also exists and cannot be dismissed. But it is still unfair that they are the only ones within Glee who actually can be happy about storylines/songs/development.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/1/2013, 5:39 pm

Tumblr is definitely dominated by Kurt and Blaine fans. I'm not sure who of the two has a bigger fanbase but the newbies, even the other cast members with the exception of maybe Naya, Diana and Lea can't compare with the number of posts, reblogs and likes Chris and/or Darren related posts have. They are the only Glee actors especially Chris who cause sex riots that lasts for days even weeks.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/1/2013, 5:54 pm

glimmerle wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:They are desperate for Darren to get an Emmy nomination.
Lottie2303 wrote:But are FOX really that delusional that Darren gets an Emmy? Honest question, as last year they didn't even get ONE nomination which speaks volumes about the quality of the show. Why don't they focus on those actors that actually have legitimate chances to be acknowledged instead of Darren?
I suppose FOX doesn't care much about Darren's (or anyone's) acting abilities. Glee had its generous share of critical acclaim in the early seasons. They can still use those achievments for promotional purposes and to lure high-profile guest stars. Now the most important factor for them is the cast's appeal to the fangirls, who've become the show's main target audience, to keep the cash flowing. In my opinion FOX's motives behind pushing and hyping Darren are not based on the supposed awardworthiness of his acting but on their perception of him as a stereotypical teen-heartthrob type of leading man who promises the most mainstream appeal. So far his fangirls have proven this concept to be right by being one of the most noticeable and profitable subgroups of the audience.
To a considerable extent, though, I think it's up to Ryan Murphy to decide who gets focus and who doesn't and he a) uses this as a method to discipline his actors and b) is in love with Darren and therefore can't objectively see his shortcomings.

So basically, Glee has gotten lazy?

I don't understand why they don't want to push themselves to be the best show they can be. Glee is a mix of lowbrow and highbrow, and it has had some brilliant moments in the past (most recently ATB). Why not just ditch the teen heartthrob route and go back to being a well written, clever show that showcases the best talent and that has more showtunes than pop crap? Sure, you'll lose all of the brainless fangirls who think that "Tik Tok" is a masterpeice while ATB was "the most boring song eva!", but don't you want to lose fans like that anyway? These people have the attention spans of fleas and keep the show from being taken seriously by critics and who keep it out of the award season. Glee might even gain a smaller (but far more attentive) cult following when it stops trying to appeal to everyone. So what if some people don't get it? Maybe they aren't meant to. Why waste time appealing to the lowest common denominator? Glee should chase after those SAG awards, Emmy's and Golden Globes again!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2013, 6:17 pm

fame is fame. whether that fame is the result of someone being super good looking (and not much else) or someone whose skills earned him/her an award. most people don't watch a show because of good acting. they watch because some famous actor and/or the storyline. most people watch for entertainment, not cerebral workout. they just want to escape from reality.

we all know that most of DC's fans just want to watch him wiggle his ass. so if he's a good actor or not doesn't matter.

Last edited by fantastica on 5/1/2013, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/1/2013, 6:18 pm

Some actor just tweeted that he, Darren and other supporting actors and actresses had a photoshoot with The Hollywood Reporter. Didn't Chris and Lea have THR photoshoots with other supporting actors when they got their Emmy nominations? No it's must be coincidence? The two things can't be really related. Darren's acting was awful. He can't get an Emmy nomination.

BTW Chris will be on Ellen tomorrow.

Last edited by sheny on 5/1/2013, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2013, 6:19 pm

nobody on glee will be nominated. i will bet my new cat on that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2013, 6:24 pm

brittany going to MIT is an insult to all the really smart students who gets accepted into this very prestigious institution. unless the MIT stands for Massachusets Institute for Toddlers.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 6:54 pm

I suspect Glee might be very likely campaigning and they still try to push Darren and the Newbies, but he/they won't get nominated. FOX/RIB also desperately try to sell that combination hence the photoshoot or even MM statement about his 'amazing' acting skills. However too late is to late. The Emmys would be the laughing stock of the industry.

Why do they sincerely believe Darren has a chance for an prestigious award nomination? Are they that delusional??! (yeah, I repeat myself today)

(Now I started getting those idea that Darren might actually get any nomination. Excuse me while I vomit)
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 6:56 pm

sheny wrote:Some actor just tweeted that he, Darren and other supporting actors and actresses had a photoshoot with The Hollywood Reporter. Didn't Chris and Lea have THR photoshoots with other supporting actors when they got their Emmy nominations? No it's must be coincidence? The two things can't be really related. Darren's acting was awful. He can't get an Emmy nomination.

BTW Chris will be on Ellen tomorrow.

Okay, one minute in and I bite. With whom did he have the photoshoot? That might be a very good indicator.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/1/2013, 7:13 pm

^Okay, I think I deserve some cookies and a big thank you for this, because I went into the #darren criss tumblr tag to find the tweet for you. fanny2

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 38 Tumblr_mm522pUjbO1qfyxapo1_500

(Is it a sign of old age that I don't recognize any of the other names? unsure)

-ETA-
Apparently there is also a Ben Schwartz.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 7:17 pm

I'll personally send you some cookies, even though I suspect you won't give me your address fanny2 . But yeah, I really should start looking myself. Thank you!

I know Cameron Monoghan and he is amazing in Shameless, however he won't be nominated. No chance. They totally dismissed Emmy Rossum last year and she did one hell of performance. I guess it is more a 'hot and young in HW feautre as supporting actor'. Sounds actually really interessting. of course FOX would send in Darren...
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next