Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
Ireth
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
arina
valkeakuulas
sheny
brisallie
AnneNeville
fantastica
MoviesAreLife
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 4/19/2013, 7:23 pm

As regards Finn, they can say he's been too busy with college to attend ND rehearsals. Isn't the best excuse, because Finn himself offered to help them, but I can't think in sth better.

And you know, I think Cory started to looks his age when he lost weight.

And I'm agree that Chris looks good in red. (Btw is one of my fav colors)
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/19/2013, 7:32 pm

brisallie wrote:As regards Finn, they can say he's been too busy with college to attend ND rehearsals. Isn't the best excuse, because Finn himself offered to help them, but I can't think in sth better.

And you know, I think Cory started to looks his age when he lost weight.

And I'm agree that Chris looks good in red. (Btw is one of my fav colors)

I guess they'll have to do that with Finn. Btw, I don't think the weight loss aged him, but maybe the drugs did (usually, one looks better after losing weight...)

Red is such a warm, bright and beautiful color! I hate that it is associated with such negativity!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/19/2013, 8:07 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

I guess they'll have to do that with Finn. Btw, I don't think the weight loss aged him, but maybe the drugs did (usually, one looks better after losing weight...)

Red is such a warm, bright and beautiful color! I hate that it is associated with such negativity!

You know, some rumours said that he probably was slimmer because of drugs. I do believe he really worked out, but in between drugs affected him.

I don't like that Red is usually associated with anger and moodiness. I think each color has sth positive and negative.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/19/2013, 8:10 pm

It's sad. :(

Exactly! For instance, I'm not crazy about the color blue, but I believe it is one of the most popular colors out there. To me, it's just too cold...I associate it with cartoon ice cubes. But red? It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/19/2013, 9:51 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Maybe Chris asked to be used much less this year? Wasn't there something last summer/hiatus about RIB having to find out what level of involvement the graduates wanted?
This is nothing but a rumor made up by fans who want to 'justify' the New York side getting so little this season. That whole media talk about RIB asking the actors how much time they wanted on Glee in season 4 and accommodating them accordingly is only PR: I doubt the actors had much choice in the matter.
I actually had to shoot this rumor (about Chris himself asking for less screentime) down on GleeForum yesterday. This is what I wrote:

Chris wrote a Disney pilot, his first TLoS book, the SBL script and the book, at least 1 other movie script (Asylum movie), planned and filmed SBL, and recorded the TLoS and SBL audiobooks while being on Glee in seasons 1, 2 and 3, and while being on tour during the summers (except for summer 2012). He managed to do all that during his busiest periods on Glee so far.

This season he wrote TLoS2 and prepared for his 2nd movie (and probably writing some other stuff), and we can only guess if he did that during his days off or on set (as that is what he did in seasons 1-3 as well). But we do know that he had to schedule the SBL promotion and his SBL book signing tour almost entirely in the weekends while he was filming season 4 (so far).
There has been no indication that Glee accommodated him to do all that. On the contrary: Chris even explained to disappointed fans that he could do no other book signings for SBL (he had only a few book tour dates in comparison with TLoS1) due to the fact that the Glee filming schedule didn't allow for more (book signing) dates. And e.g. he had an 8AM interview after shooting the ice rink scene till at least 3-4AM in New York.

All we know so far of Chris being relieved with a less busy Glee schedule is him saying in the beginning of season 4 that his filming schedule was lighter because he didn't have to be in the choir room scenes anymore, as they take up much time, especially when they were filming a song. That's basically all Chris ever said about his new working regime.
OTOH he also said he missed performing now (as he is not singing as much as before anymore).

I have no idea if Chris is happy with his schedule now, and I'm sure he's not sitting on his hands on his free days, but there is no factual support that Chris enjoys being on Glee less, let alone negotiated for less working hours: that's just a (false) rumor.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/19/2013, 10:14 pm

Previously on Glee, Kurt Hummel and Santana Lopez existed and spoke words and sang songs and danced dances and were beloved not only as beacons of light and sexiness for the queer communities they represent, but also generally accepted to be The Greatest by mainstream media as well. It was the best of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the epoch of belief, it was the season of Light, it was the spring of hope, we had everything before us, we were all going to heaven. It was Tale of One City — Bushwick. Alas.

Rachel goes home to wait for her callback. She waits. And waits, and waits, and waits. Luckily, Kurt is there to look hot as all get-out and bake cookies and be her best gay. I told you guys this was going to happen. Remember back when SJP joined this show? I told you she was going to Stanford Blatch Kurt. I told you she was going to bring the Sex and the City curse with her and Kurt was going to be dark-side hexed into Rachel’s sexless, fashionable man-servant. But ha, SJP! Ha ha ha! The joke’s on you because even your boner-killing gay-accessorizing cannot squash the perfectness of Kurt Hummel! Even with only two lines of dialogue and one very amazing moment of stress eating a cookie like a chipmunk strung out on Ritalin he is the best one.

Seriously, though, I do not understand why this show is withholding Kurt and Santana from us.
I know Chris Colfer wrote and directed and produced and edited and acted in a movie and wrote a novel and went on a book tour, and so he needed a little more freedom in his schedule, but surely he had enough time/energy to do more than bake some cookies every third episode. And there’s no reason Naya Rivera keeps getting sidelined either. I mean, they’re kind of the best things about this show. Everyone worships them because they’re heaven. And it’s like the more disgruntled we get, the more the show withholds them. It’s maddening! And infuriating! And it’s why all my whiskey is almost all gone!
Backlot (formerly AfterElton)
rooots
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/19/2013, 11:46 pm

If AfterElton keeps writing Glee reviews like the one above, I'm becoming a fan of them or whoever wrote this Smile

On a shallow side: I really like Tina's new style, which she described as steampunk Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/20/2013, 3:54 am

Wow! Have they changed their reviewer or is the current one seriously only now getting the pattern with Chris and Naya? Or was the McKinley side in this episode so bad that she noticed something good was missing.

I do belive this kind of...semi-gruntled reviews keep popping up, amongst the Fox sponsored ones, that every now and then accidentally tell the truth.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/20/2013, 4:06 am

The AE reviewers is major Chris and Klaine fan. But she constantly praises Chris and already pointed out a few times that Chris steals scenes just by being in the episode for 2 minutes. I am not surprised it is her who finally called the lack of Kurt and Santana and demands to know why from all actors available, it is them getting the short stick.

However, she has some screwed views about Klaine and blamed Kurt a few times (i.e. saying the texting was similar to the cheating). Thank God, a lot of commenters called her out for it.

Overall, I've only read the Kurt section of the recap. I cannot even bother anymore to read summaries of the episode.

ETA: does anyone have problems downloading the Kurt edit from Tumblr? Mine won't work :( .
Update: Resolved!

I WANT TO SEE FAME FOR TODDLERS!!!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/20/2013, 4:17 am

Finally watched the Kurt scenes, did anyone miss the Sweeney Todd reference? Something might be coming out there... Especially because they'd get stoned by not including Chris in a prominent role. Maybe they'll introduce Shirley Todd and adapt Chris idea? That would be such a huge honor, great idea and would bring so much potential! Not to mention the potential critical acclaim and respect Chris could garner. It also would incorporate Kurt, Rachel and even other cast members easily.

Glee writers, are you listening???! Make that happen!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/20/2013, 5:38 am

I actually don't think Cory has aged fast at all. I think he looks pretty good for his age, Mark on the other hand really looks older than he actually is.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/20/2013, 9:05 am

Now that the second bomber has been caught, and I can watch other things on TV, I can sit down and watch the rest of the episode. Here goes:

That's right, Mr. Schue. Dream about the nationals win. We dream about it too. We dream about when Glee was a better show that featured the strongest episode.

Really, Finn, you want to be teacher like an equal? When you are less than a year out of high school, and you're only experience is a few months of running Glee while Mr. Schue is unavailable? OK. Seriously, Glee?

I have no comment on the last McKinley scene.

Best scene of the night. Kurt backing cookies. More entertaining than anything that happened at McKinley (except for the phrase Fruity Fonzie was kind of entertaining). Gotta love excitable Kurt, and cookie nibbling Kurt. Of course, Rachel being that mopey while waiting for the phone call is just silly.

Wow. Outcast is a worse song than the other song. And seriously, do they really think these kids are outcasts? Wow. This is bad.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  colfhummel 4/20/2013, 10:09 am

I haven't watched the episode, maybe I will do so tomorrow, with my friend over skype and a bottle of wine, so we can suffer together/make fun of it.

But thankfully there are Kurt edits for every episode, so yeah, these 3 minutes were watched fast. Kurt was being super cute with his cookies (and his ass looked damn good in these jeans) but it still left me unsatisfied and angry. Kurt really has been degraded to Rachel's prop/cheerleader now and as far as I remember Kurt planned on auditioning too? Sigh.

And from what I've gotten from my dash, Sam apparently has a second personality/identitiy or something like that? Marley wanted to shove her stupid original songs down everyone's throats, Will is an idiot and Puck lives in the dorm rooms of a college he doesn't even go to and Finn can just enroll there in the middle of the school year oh and Brittany got accepted to MIT...lmao

Uh, okay. I don't think I have missed much.
colfhummel
colfhummel
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://colfhummel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/20/2013, 10:52 am

Sam was so bad and so unfunny and so embarrassing. Strange, as he once used to be one of my favorite characters. unsure
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/20/2013, 11:00 am

When Sam did his twin "joke" of what it was for the first time I did not mind much it but then it started to be sooo embarrassing and it was basically the only thing he did there.

I always will be curious what would be Glee like if Sam ended up being Kurt's boyfriend and Blaine would have never appeared.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/20/2013, 11:08 am

arina wrote:When Sam did his twin "joke" of what it was for the first time I did not mind much it but then it started to be sooo embarrassing and it was basically the only thing he did there.

I always will be curious what would be Glee like if Sam ended up being Kurt's boyfriend and Blaine would have never appeared.

Me too. I think they could have been great. It is a shame we never know. Does anyone know a good FF covering that topic?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/20/2013, 11:30 am

It would of course depend on the writing but I definitely did enjoy their interaction in Duets and while people liked Sam there wasn't that much fuss about him like about "teenage dream" so the writers wouldn't have given him thousands of random songs for the itunes sales and to pander teenage girls like they did with Blaine. Kurt would also has never been isolated for so many episodes in Dalton, Blaine is my least favorite character so his nonexistence would be big plus for me and Sam would never date Britanny se he wouldn't have to lose most of his brain cells. And I kind of think Kurt and Sam would be portrayed more equally. And maybe if the miracle Blaine did not exist people like Artie would actually get something to do in their senior year and the songs would be split between the cast much more equally if there wasn't obligatory song or two or three for Blaine in every episode. It's funny how big influence can casting or no casting someone have on the whole show. Glee would be totally different show if Sam and Kurt happened and not just for these characters.

On the shallow note while I probably prefer little bit Darren's look over Chord I think Sam is definitely much better looking than Blaine who looks in his outifts and helmet sometimes like a caricature imo.

I think they would look good together.
4x19 "Sweet Dreams" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_lb8nekr9xH1qahpupo1_500

When it was clear Sam is straight I was hoping at least for friendship between them but then of course Blaine being his first gay bro happened. Evil or Very Mad
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/20/2013, 11:56 am

I am certain there would be much more equally balanced relationship between Sam and Kurt. I think it would also have been a more interesting story to witness how Sam comes in terms with his sexuality. A lot of potential wasted to introduce the stupid Finn/Quinn/Sam debacle.

However don't forget S2 is also the season they hid the height of Chris because Darren needed to appear more masculine/stronger/confident. We never know what would have been the outcome. Chances are, we would have hated Sam after a few episodes fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/20/2013, 12:01 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I am certain there would be much more equally balanced relationship between Sam and Kurt. I think it would also have been a more interesting story to witness how Sam comes in terms with his sexuality. A lot of potential wasted to introduce the stupid Finn/Quinn/Sam debacle.

However don't forget S2 is also the season they hid the height of Chris because Darren needed to appear more masculine/stronger/confident. We never know what would have been the outcome. Chances are, we would have hated Sam after a few episodes fanny2
Well I doubt I could hate him more than Blaine so it could only be the same or better. And I think treating Blaine has had a lot to do with the fact how the fangirls were obsessed (and Murphy) with him which like I said did not seem that way with Sam.

Sam coming in terms with his sexuality could have been trully interesting storyline.

I am probably very much biased but I really think the show would have been a lot of better in many aspects.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/20/2013, 12:12 pm

I just saw the episode.

Although Glee's vision of College was stupid, I was still glad to see Finn and Puck interact again. Cory and Mark feed off each others well and as goofy as it was, made me laugh. I love the Beastie Boys, and YGFFYRTP reminded me good memories.
McKinley: snoozefest. Seriously, it was boring as hell. Repetitive storylines, coach Roz grates, Blaine is smug, and their treatment of PTSD (or dissociative disorder) as a whole is an insult to everyone who ever experienced it. even if their was no death, the kids were locked in this room fearing for their lives, and this is traumatic. I wish no ne who was in Columbine or smth like that watched this episode.
As for New york, Lea dn Idina sounded well, but I kinda hate the original song, so, diffucult to appreciate it fully. DSB was OK, but such a song and call back to the Pilot shouldn't have been used in a random and somewhay noy good episode. It should have been a series finale, to close the loop.

Too little Kurt, I'm fed up of him being Rachel's prop, and I really missed Santana. As for Rachel getting a call back, well, it is far fetched, but afterall she has been working for it (even if it wasn't shown) and capitalized on her voice (ni dance involved), plus she had already "failed" the Glass Menagerie, even if this was swept under the rug because Glee was focusing on bloody McK. I'm still pissed they forgot Kurt enlisted to, but Glee and continuity.... Now, even if she got her call back, I hope she won't be cast as the lead, this would be the last straw.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/20/2013, 12:18 pm

arina wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I am certain there would be much more equally balanced relationship between Sam and Kurt. I think it would also have been a more interesting story to witness how Sam comes in terms with his sexuality. A lot of potential wasted to introduce the stupid Finn/Quinn/Sam debacle.

Well I doubt I could hate him more than Blaine so it could only be the same or better. And I think treating Blaine has had a lot to do with the fact how the fangirls were obsessed (and Murphy) with him which like I said did not seem that way with Sam.

Sam coming in terms with his sexuality could have been trully interesting storyline.

I am probably very much biased but I really think the show would have been a lot of better in many aspects.

I guess it would have depended on whether the show would have kissed Sam's ass as much as it does Blaine's. The reason I can't stand him anymore is that EVERYONE is at his feets, and that he never gets called on on his mistakes. Plus, of course, the show tending to make him appear as the "superior" part of Klaine, that Kurt should be honored to be with him, that is. I would hate him less if someone would mock him as harsh as Kurt was, or if smbdy pointed out to him that his puppydog face is grating. It's more the fact that Blaine is Mr Perfect that annoys me than anything (I don't mind Darren, he is a good singer, average actor, but far far overused and playing an extremely overrated character).
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/20/2013, 12:32 pm

I don't mind Darren as a person either, he seems very likeable to me and I admire his talent for playing so many musical instruments and composing etc but these things have nothing to with Glee. I do think he can sound good on songs that are right for his voice but so can everyone on the show, his singing is nothing special, neither is his voice, his acting is average and writing for that character is far from interesting so seeing this character getting most of the screentime and singing most of the songs while there is nothing extraordinary about him (and often more interesting characters or more unique singers are in the background and I definitely don't talk only about Chris/Kurt) makes me seriously mad.

Of course we will never know but I really think the writers wouldn't kiss Sam' ass that much as Blaine's.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ariel189 4/20/2013, 12:45 pm

I actually didn't mind Rachel's storyline and I enjoyed her songs in the episode - to be honest if I can't get a storyline or scenes for Kurt, the next best thing is a subplot for Rachel that doesn't revolve around her love life.

Don't Stop Believing was nice, as was Next To Me, although Shelby's return seemed incredibly random and will no doubt be forgotten within the next week or two.

Finn and Puck's storyline was a little dumb and cliched but I do like their friendship and enjoyed their last scene. Glee needs to stop trying to be so current though, as the Harlem Shake references came off as kind of old.

As for McKinley, I've stopped watching those scenes since all they ever do is annoy me now.

I think it goes without saying the episode's finest moment was Kurt being completely adorable and stealing the scene with his cookie.
ariel189
ariel189
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://kadayum.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/20/2013, 12:56 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Finally watched the Kurt scenes, did anyone miss the Sweeney Todd reference? Something might be coming out there... Especially because they'd get stoned by not including Chris in a prominent role. Maybe they'll introduce Shirley Todd and adapt Chris idea? That would be such a huge honor, great idea and would bring so much potential! Not to mention the potential critical acclaim and respect Chris could garner. It also would incorporate Kurt, Rachel and even other cast members easily.

Glee writers, are you listening???! Make that happen!

I noticed the Sweeney Todd reference, and in my mind I though it was a wink to Chris's Shirley Todd. But probably it wasn't that. And I know they have taken lots of things from Chris himself to put it on Kurt, but I'm unsure about this. I'm just afraid the stupid writers take the idea but it turns to be a McKenley musical at the end. dryy

As regards Sam, I think they're making him more stupid every episode. I'm wondering if is because he has to be leveled with Brittany's stupidity.

Last edited by brisallie on 4/20/2013, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/20/2013, 12:56 pm

The problem is simply they sacrifice Kurt's character in order to prop Blaine. That itself, is one of the biggest mistakes Glee has ever done. I am sure Glee will be remembered as the show that tried to create stars, but ignored those who actually had the talent, fanbase and potential.

I don't mind Darren either. I just mind to see a characters that I am supposed to see as perfect and in every single scene I can point out all his flaws.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next