Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

+15
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
Ranwing
coxfire
tanita_mors
opals
ariel189
Glorfindel
Delight
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
MoviesAreLife
Lottie2303
BigDestiny
Jellyrolls
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 4:56 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Even if Glee does not get renewed (because RIB quit or get fired and Fox won't do the show without them), perhaps Fox will want to keep Lea and Chris, by offering them a spin-off or the option of another series entirely.
But personally I think they will renew Glee (at least till they reach 100 episode), but possibly without RIB, with more or even 100% focus on New York next season.

I am perfectly fine with that, especially the spin off idea. tonguue

Agree 100%
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

Post  Lottie2303 4/10/2013, 5:08 pm

In case Glee gets cancelled (won't believe that happens) I only want to see a spin-off on FX (which as far as I know is associated with FOX), otherwise, run, Chris, run!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 5:25 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the spin off on any network, but it makes sense to go to FX first if FX is really connected to FOX.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2013, 9:37 am

Just a reminder that this is still going on tonight if anyone would like to join us tweeting.

Also, if any of the new folks don't follow me on twitter, I am @colferfanforum there

Also, consider rebloging it from the link on the original post on this thread if you are on tumblr. Thanks.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2013, 7:29 pm

Don't forget to tweet tonight if you have twittter
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/11/2013, 9:43 pm

I started tweeting. Not going to go crazy because I have to get up early for work tomorrow and the last thing I need is to aggravate myself. Oh, and I'm following you now, Karen.

Plan to spend the next hour sending tweets and reading some nice Kadam. Kurtbastian and Kurtofsky fic. Shame that I'm soured on Hevans with the way the butchered Sam's character this season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2013, 9:49 pm

Oh, that was you who just followed me? I'm following you now too.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/11/2013, 9:50 pm

Yup. C'est moi! That's what I really look like. Smile
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2013, 9:51 pm

I look nothing like my twitter avatar. hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/12/2013, 12:43 am

TV guide mentioned the twitter campaign:

Thursday's very special episode of Glee got fans talking — but not for all the right reasons. While some were touched by the show's moving depiction of a school-shooting scare, and others were shocked at Becky's (and subsequently Coach Sue's) involvement, there was yet another topic that had many up in arms online: the absence of Rachel (Lea Michele), Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Santana (Naya Rivera).

Since the show started splitting its storytelling between Lima and the Big Apple back in September, there has been the occasional episode here and there where New York's newest residents were nowhere to be seen. However, this time the beloved characters' lack of screen time was an especially rude awakening after graduates Rachel, Kurt, Finn (Cory Monteith) and Puck (Mark Salling) were featured prominently in promos for this week's episode. Angry fans called it a "bait-and-switch" and soon #NoNYCNoGleeForMe emerged on Twitter as a way to give a voice to all those frustrated fans.

Trim the budget: TV characters we want to get rid of

Taking into account the sensitivity of a subject like school violence, especially less than four months after the tragedy at Sandy Hook, it makes perfect sense that producers decided to focus on McKinley. But then why promote the episode with the NYADA kids? Maybe it was simply to prevent spoilers about Thursday's big story line? Or maybe it's because Rachel and Kurt have always been, and will always be, the real stars of Glee? Fans have spent years rooting for Rachel to break out of her reindeer sweaters and loner bubble and have also become deeply emotionally invested in Kurt's struggle to come out in Season 2, and those feelings are not easily replaced or put on the back burner. Glee has done an impressive job of making fans root for the new kids, particularly thanks to Melissa Benoist's beautiful vocals and Jacob Artist's charm, but will it ever be enough?

There are only four episodes left of Glee's fourth season, and presumably four episodes before the show must somehow deal with losing a whole other group of New Directions seniors, including original members Artie (Kevin McHale) and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz), to graduation. If fans are upset without their Rachel-Kurt fix this week, it doesn't bode well for next year. Is it time for Glee to evolve into the Rachel-Kurt New York spin-off that maybe almost happened last year and ditch McKinley once and for all? Now might be the time for producers to take a second look at Glee 2.0.

What did you think of Thursday's episode? Were you moved by the special story line? Did you miss Rachel, Kurt and Santana? And what do you think about leaving Lima, Ohio, behind for good? Sound off below!

Source
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/12/2013, 10:30 am

Wow... being noticed by TVG is even better than trending. Because that's something in print that doesn't just vanish as soon as something more interesting comes along.

Sorry that we didn't have more of a turnout for the twitter bomb, but we apparently got our message out there.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/12/2013, 11:16 am

Ranwing wrote:Wow... being noticed by TVG is even better than trending. Because that's something in print that doesn't just vanish as soon as something more interesting comes along.

Sorry that we didn't have more of a turnout for the twitter bomb, but we apparently got our message out there.

I would have joined in but I had real life getting in the way. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign - Page 3 1371890812

It has been a hectic week.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/12/2013, 12:09 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Wow... being noticed by TVG is even better than trending. Because that's something in print that doesn't just vanish as soon as something more interesting comes along.

I would have joined in but I had real life getting in the way. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign - Page 3 1371890812

It has been a hectic week.

I wish I could have participated but my twitter account uses my real name and since I work in the theatre/entertainment business I don't want to have campaigns or tweets to performers/etc associated with me . . . just in case it jeopardizes future work.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/12/2013, 2:11 pm

I understand, Anne. Smile

Changing gears, Broadwayworld.com also picked up on the campaign:

Broadwayworld.com also picked up the twitter campaign:

With only four episodes left of the fourth season of the FOX musical dramedy GLEE, it appears that 'Gleeks' are starting to lose their patience with the direction the show has taken. Their biggest beef? The lack of air time given to series favorites Rachel (Lea Michele) Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Santana (Naya Rivera) who recently flew the coop from William McKinley High School to make it big in New York City.

In fact the complete absence of the trio in last night's episode has prompted some fans to start up a Twitter account with the hashtag '#NoNYCNoGleeForMe'. Among the postings from angry fans:

@BETHOFLORES: "when will they understand I DON'T give a damn about Marley, Jake or Kitty"

@suebrody1: "People are noticing and want Kurt, Rachel, and Santana."

@onthaedge487: "You want award noms? Less Lima, more NYC!"

The show is in for an even bigger challenge if it should continue on to a fifth season when New Direction Seniors Artie (Kevin McHale) and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) graduate and move on to parts unknown.

Is it time for FOX to bring the curtain down on the fictional high school Glee club? Or perhaps, develop an all-new spin-off series featuring the New York City residents as they face the trials and tribulations of trying to make it to the Great White Way? Tell us what you think!

Read more about BWW Asks: Does GLEE Deserve a Fifth Season? - BWWTVWorld by tv.broadwayworld.com
source
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/12/2013, 2:34 pm

Wow, congrats! Now that a couple news sources have picked up on this, more will. Perhaps I'll create a second Twitter account under AnneNeville . . .

I'm kind of hoping that RIB do get the boot. And that Eric Stoltz is around more. And that the show and FILMING move to NYC. That would be great. Heck, I'd apply to be a PA for that.

I'd work on anything with Eric Stoltz.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/12/2013, 4:41 pm

Yay, it seems the campaign was a succes!!! bounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/12/2013, 4:57 pm

Getting media attention sounds like a great achievement. I was fast asleep during your efforts but fully back everything that has been said. What also creeps me out is the way they systematically create false images in their promos and ads. Maybe next time call them out in #GleeLiesInPromos.

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/12/2013, 5:31 pm

Oh, we definately called them out on their bait and switch tactics. Which were pretty disguisting. There were several people on different boards that I visit (and troll) complaining that they expected from the title and advertising that the focus would be more on Rachel's audition and they were not happily surprised to see NY cut out of the action again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2013, 6:12 pm

I'm here to say congrats for the successful campaign hola

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/12/2013, 7:36 pm

Hi, everybody!

I have to say I am quite impressed. I was completely out of hope. I was over it. I'd given up in angry disgust. And look at you all! A protest so noticeable the press picked up on it! I found out on tumblr, while my stomach turned over at the horrifying atrocity that was last night's Very Special Episode, and I just had to leave my land of new interests to congratulate you all on fighting the good fight! May they hear you and realize that Ryan Murphy's FETISH with that goddamned obsolete school setting is killing the show and they need to give the audience what they really want.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/12/2013, 7:58 pm

Thanks for popping in, Claire. I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the articles that mentioned the campaign.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/12/2013, 11:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Thanks for popping in, Claire. I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the articles that mentioned the campaign.

Congratulations on a successful compaign. I am proud or all of you that were able to tweet and did.

Anne I understand why you couldn't. I wouldn't use my twitter account if it was for work.

I'll say take that RIB, are voices are now bigger than the stupid Blarren stans thanks to the media. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign - Page 3 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 4/13/2013, 3:25 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say congrats to all who went gangbusters on the twitter campaigns. I've been very, very busy with school & work (I've had like 20 papers to do this semester, and I have at least 6 more to do), so by the time I got home on Thursday night, I fell asleep. Plus, (especially with the new spoilers in light this morning) I am finally getting over Glee, and I'm ready to move on. Not from Chris, because I'll always support his post-Glee stuff. I've just had my full of Ryan Murphy's half-ass storytelling to last me a life time. However, I'm so glad that the fans at least voiced their displeasure of of RIB's tactics, called them on it, and some media paid attention to it. And quite honestly, considering how Kurt has been absolutely shafted and trashed this season for the alter of Blarren/Klaine, I'm not sure even a full NYC narrative would remedy the damage that has already been done.

So I'll be around, but I think it's time to say goodbye to Glee :( But keep fighting the good fight!

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/13/2013, 10:32 pm

Great job tweeting. It does get frustrating working every Thursday evening, but as I am not really wanting to watch Glee live anymore it does work out in the long run. To be mentioned by TVG is quite remarkable. I think they find it hard being objective when most of the best kid actors are being underutilized on a seasonal basis, especially Kurt and Santana.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/13/2013, 10:57 pm

Great job tweeting. It does get frustrating working every Thursday evening, but as I am not really wanting to watch Glee live anymore it does work out in the long run. To be mentioned by TVG is quite remarkable. I think they find it hard being objective when most of the best kid actors are being underutilized on a seasonal basis, especially Kurt and Santana.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3