Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

+15
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
Ranwing
coxfire
tanita_mors
opals
ariel189
Glorfindel
Delight
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
MoviesAreLife
Lottie2303
BigDestiny
Jellyrolls
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign Empty No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2013, 12:06 am

As most of us are already aware, the April 11, 2013 episode of Glee entitled "Shooting Star" will be a McKinley only episode. For the third time this season, the New York storyline and its stars Chris Colfer and Lea Michele will not be appearing in the episode. Cory Montieth is not scheduled to appear in the episode either, and though her name appears on the cast list for the episode, Naya Rivera is rumored not to be appearing.

Even though these cast members will not be appearing in Thursday's episode, they are being used to promote the episode. Chris was used in an image that GleeOnFox tweeted and posted on Facebook. Lea, Chris, Cory, and Mark Salling are all featured in the 30 second video promo Fox released today. None of the cast members who are heavily featured in the next episode are featured in this promo.

I know that many of us are frustrated and disappointed by the limited focus and songs on the New York side of the narrative. I think it's time we get organized, speak up and make our voices heard.

What can we do to make our voices heard?

Tune Out
If you are disappointed by the lack of NY in the episode, please turn off Glee that night. Do not watch the April 11th episode of Glee live or On Demand. Cancel your DVR recordings. Don't watch it on the Fox website.

#NoNYCNoGleeForMe Twitter Campaign
Please join us in the Twitter campaign #NoNYCNoGleeForMe when the episode is airing to express your disappointment in the NY narrative being left out. Please consider tweeting directly to the following twitter handles:

@MrRPMurphy (Ryan Murphy--Glee co-creator and executive producer)
@BFalchuk (Brad Falchuk--Glee co-creator and executive producer)
@GleeTV (Dante DiLoreto--Executive producer)
@GleeOnFox (Glee's offcial Twitter handle)
@gaudep (Gaude Paez Morose--Vice Presiden of Corporate Communications at Fox--she always tweets about the ratings)
@20CenturyFoxTV (The official twitter handle for Fox TV)
@hitchmichael (Glee writer)
@mhodgson207 (Glee writer)

You may also want to tweet the actors to show your support for them.

Thanks to Sue Brody for help fine tuning the Hash Tag for this campaign

Post on the Glee Facebook Page
Post No NYC No Glee for me on the Glee facebook page: www.facebook.com/Glee

Please join us in supporting the cast members in the NY narrative on Glee. Let's unite and make our voices heard!f

ETA: I have also posted this on Tumblr. If you would like to reblog it, you can find it here:

http://chriscolferfanforum.tumblr.com/post/47245518110/no-nyc-no-glee-for-me-twitter-campaign

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/7/2013, 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign Empty Re: No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

Post  BigDestiny 4/6/2013, 12:09 am

That sounds great. I'm not on Twitter, but count me in for the rest.

BigDestiny
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign Empty Re: No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2013, 12:18 am

Every bit helps, BigDestiny! I also recommend that when Glee on Fox posts about the episode, people post about the NY cast no appearing in the episode. Let's spread the word wherever we can.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/6/2013, 4:53 am

Great idea, but please do not tweet Chris or any of the other actors. They are still friends with rest of the cast and it would put them in a uncomfortable position. Tweet them your love but leave this campaign out. In case it is successful, they will be aware of it soon enough. The campaign itself is already a major love letter.

Otherwise, I was already wondering why no one seemed to have organized it earlier in the season. Good luck guys, as I will be deep asleep when this is happening fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 5:06 pm

I'm in! No Twitter or any of the other social networking sites, but I'll withold my veiwership. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/6/2013, 5:16 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I'm in! No Twitter or any of the other social networking sites, but I'll withold my veiwership. Smile

As of now no Twitter or Facebook for me. I am withholding my viewership. I canceled my DVR recording for Glee. I doubt I will record it again after episode #18.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 5:28 pm

We're like a band of marching ants! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/6/2013, 5:31 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:We're like a band of marching ants! Smile

True. Smile
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 5:32 pm

The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/6/2013, 5:46 pm

I hope episode 18 will be the lowest rating Gee episode yet.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 5:47 pm

It will be hard to beat "Dynamic Duets", but Glee sure can try! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/6/2013, 5:54 pm

I hope episode 18 does get lower rating then"Dynamic Duets."
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 10:18 pm

Me too. They think they can get away with neglecting the best actor (Chris), best actors (everyone else in NYC), best characters, best half of the show...and actually become "award worthy" just because they tell us that they are award worthy for doing so?! What do they think we are...lemmings?! I'm boycotting this episode. Evil or Very Mad

Normally, Kurt-less episodes don't really bother me, seeing as I know I'll see him again in the next one. But the fact that they are trying to call this one an Emmy worthy episode without their most talented actor?! It's very insulting.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/7/2013, 1:05 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Me too. They think they can get away with neglecting the best actor (Chris), best actors (everyone else in NYC), best characters, best half of the show...and actually become "award worthy" just because they tell us that they are award worthy for doing so?! What do they think we are...lemmings?! I'm boycotting this episode. Evil or Very Mad

Normally, Kurt-less episodes don't really bother me, seeing as I know I'll see him again in the next one. But the fact that they are trying to call this one an Emmy worthy episode without their most talented actor?! It's very insulting.

I won't be downloading this episode or watching it where I am when it comes on. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 3181402168

Emmy worthy my ass. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 820513840

I agree, this is insulting. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 280107017

I will be tweeting about this. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/7/2013, 2:30 am

ColferInspired wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Me too. They think they can get away with neglecting the best actor (Chris), best actors (everyone else in NYC), best characters, best half of the show...and actually become "award worthy" just because they tell us that they are award worthy for doing so?! What do they think we are...lemmings?! I'm boycotting this episode. Evil or Very Mad

I won't be downloading this episode or watching it where I am when it comes on. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 3181402168

Emmy worthy my ass. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 820513840

I agree, this is insulting. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 280107017

I will be tweeting about this. No NYC, No Glee For Me Twitter Campaign 3181402168

You go, girl! I don't have a Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook, but I sure as hell will boycott this episode when it comes on and I will most likely will be voting it as crap-tastic on our poll. I feel like they are giving the middle finger to their most talented cast members by saying that it's Emmy worthy without them. As if Chris, Lea, Naya and the rest of them didn't make people fall in love with the show and their characters in the first place! How ungrateful, especially to Chris, who brought much of the show's critical acclaim for his acting, performing, and for his character. I suppose RIB are desperately trying to get people to move on and "fall in love" with the newbies, and this is their way of doing. Screw that!

Although, I might take a peek when the episode comes out on On Demand, I just won't be watching it live. I want the ratings for this episode to suffer, but I also have a morbid curiosity as to just how big of a trainwreck this episode will be, and how far from "Emmy worthy" it will actually be. Then, I can laugh about it on here. Twisted Evil

I wonder if they were joking and being sarcastic when they called it an Emmy worthy episode. How dare they call it an Emmy worthy episode without their Emmy nominated (several times) kid actor!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/7/2013, 5:00 am

On demand still counts in the ratings so wait a while if you are really tempted to watch
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/7/2013, 5:15 am

There's no danger of me adding to the ratings of this episode; since I don't live in the US. And if it's true that there's really no NYC at all in the episode, I won't even waste my internet data allowance downloading this episode.

MoviesAreLife wrote: I feel like they are giving the middle finger to their most talented cast members by saying that it's Emmy worthy without them. As if Chris, Lea, Naya and the rest of them didn't make people fall in love with the show and their characters in the first place! How ungrateful, especially to Chris, who brought much of the show's critical acclaim for his acting, performing, and for his character. I suppose RIB are desperately trying to get people to move on and "fall in love" with the newbies, and this is their way of doing. Screw that!

The only way I can imagine the episode being award-worthy is if it's a McKinley adult characters-heavy episode. Matt Morrison, Jayma, Dot Marie Jones and Jane Lynch are still pretty good and talented actors in their own right. It's the McKinley students cast who are found wanting.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/7/2013, 5:54 am

The interesting part will be how many people will stop watching during the episode.
A lot of people outside of the fandom are going to watch because they have not been warned about this being a NY-less episode with a school shooting. They will stop watching, and that will be the best indicator of how much this episode sucks.

I will download it the next morning, because I want to watch before I criticize and tear down, but I don't think that will affect the ratings in any way, as it is an illegal procedure. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ariel189 4/7/2013, 1:22 pm

I made an extra twitter account purely for fandom related things, so I'll be sure join in with this campaign.

Since I only watch for Chris anyway I haven't watched any of the McKinley only episodes and have made a point of cancelling them on our DVR when they air over here - this episode will be no exception.

Even though we've known for a while that there would be no NYC this episode I'm still bitter the traditional episode 18 solo is now a thing of the past dryy
ariel189
ariel189
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://kadayum.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/7/2013, 2:27 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:On demand still counts in the ratings so wait a while if you are really tempted to watch

Agree,I doubt I will ever watch the episode,but if I do I will rent the DVD it is on.Or watch it on Youtube,but will wait a long time to watch if I do.I doubt I will though. Especally since Chris is not even in one scene.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 4/7/2013, 2:29 pm

I wonder how Rachel and Santana fans feel about this bullshit of NYC constantly getting the short end of the stick?
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/7/2013, 2:45 pm

I think a lot of them are feeling the same as us. I've actually had a couple of Rachel fans reblog my tumblr post, and I've been interacting with some on twitter.

Some folks are a bit concerned about the hashtag #NoNYCNoGleeForMe being a bit too negative, but I think it's just a statement of our actions--without the NYC, Glee doesn't interest.

The bottom line is that we have been asking for more NY development all along, and we still only get about 20% focus there. They need to know that people are making a concious effort to tune out because of the lack of NY, and the NY cast members.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/7/2013, 3:01 pm

If we'd be at the middle of the season, I'd agree of the hashtag being too negative. Usually I also disagree with those Twitter trends as I find them rather useless anyway. But in this case, I think the frustration and disappointment is legit. Especially because their seems to be some rather harsh negotiations going on behind closed doors with RIB and FOX. So, it might actually help the cause to increase NYC screentime (for all actors. Not just Chris/Kurt) and decrease/(best case:eliminate) MK.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/7/2013, 3:08 pm

I think the hashtag is fine. It can be perceived as a bit negative, but not in a "Lima-sucks-so-I'm-not-gonna-watch" agressive way.
It says exactly what we want to say: that without any NY scenes Glee is not worth watching. It doesn't say that we only want NY scenes and no Lima at all. (although for many of us this is the case)
It's a 'threat' they need to take into consideration, if they don't want to let their ratings tank even further.

The only problem I see is that 4x18 will be an offensive episode, and I expect many (upset) tweets from Glee fans who want to express their disgust with the school shooting theme plus the Bram/I love you/Lord Tubbington storyline (think about the very vocal Brittana fans).
They will all be tweeting at the same time, and if there is a big uproar about any of that (like there already is on the sneak peek youtube video) the attention of Fox/RIB will probably be focused on those tweets, and our #NoNYCNoGleeForMe campaign will get lost in the turmoil.
OTOH: if there's an uproar of some kind the big bosses will take a closer look at the fans' responses on e.g. twitter, facebook and forums, than normally after an episode, and our protests will then be seen and taken into consideration as well.

Unfortunately I will be sound asleep during the twitter campaign, but I'll make sure to leave some comments about the episode on episode discussion sites like TWoP and Glee's facebook the next day. I encourage others to do so too: we need to get noticed!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/7/2013, 3:31 pm

Tweeting is only one element. I think posting on the Glee on Fox facebook page is important too, and you can do that anytime they are posting about it. Someone reads those comments because Glee On Fox responds to some of them.

So, whenever they make a post this week, just take a minute to express your disappointment by the lack of NY in the episode on the thread. We may even make others aware that there is no NYC in the episode, and maybe they'll tune out too.

You can also post comments on YouTube about it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next