The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/8/2013, 4:12 pm

I even mean to darkly remember Chris mentioned for using that fairy tale... maybe I am wrong and it would fit beautifully. I'd be so happy to finally see the roles reversed! It is about time someone uses that plot twist.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/8/2013, 4:27 pm

^ This is a brilliant idea! I really hope Chris does this now! :D

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/8/2013, 5:37 pm

Today I wondered if Little Red Riding Hood falls in love with Froggy/Charlie, but then Froggy goes "Nope, sorry, I'm gay." Shocked

I don't think there has ever been a fairy tale, or fairy tale originated book with a gay prince Charming. fanny2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/8/2013, 8:36 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Today I wondered if Little Red Riding Hood falls in love with Froggy/Charlie, but then Froggy goes "Nope, sorry, I'm gay." Shocked

I don't think there has ever been a fairy tale, or fairy tale originated book with a gay prince Charming. fanny2

I've never read a fairy tale with a gay prince Charming, or actually any fairy tale character openly gay, so it would be a good twist. In addition, I can imagine Red's shocked face. Poor girl Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/8/2013, 11:09 pm

That would be amazing and groundbreaking.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/9/2013, 2:17 am

Froggy being gay. Yeah, sounds actually like a great idea as well. I am curious why he is a frog again but cannot wait to meet him. I love Froggy.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/9/2013, 10:47 pm

But Chris would get SO much hate from people saying that he's exposing children to homosexuality. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/9/2013, 11:03 pm

^Yeah, I don't even think he would be allowed to write a homosexual character in a children's book.
Are there age ratings for books as well (like they have for movies and tv) in America?

Would have been fun, though. neutre Poor Little Red Riding Hood.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/10/2013, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!!!)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 4/9/2013, 11:10 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:But Chris would get SO much hate from people saying that he's exposing children to homosexuality. :(

He would. :(

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/9/2013, 11:12 pm

Yes. I think TLOS was rated...ages 7-12 or something like that. I'm not sure what the SBL book was rated, but I'd give it a solid PG-13 rating just for language.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/10/2013, 5:47 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:But Chris would get SO much hate from people saying that he's exposing children to homosexuality. :(

He would. :(

True. But to be fair, Froggy being gay or heterosexual doesn't bother me anyway. But it would be a nice and really brave plot twist.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/10/2013, 6:14 pm

It would be great, but you know how stupid people get when it comes to homosexuality. I even heard there was a mother who wouldn't let her kid read TLOS just because Chris is gay. Rolling Eyes

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 4/11/2013, 8:30 am

Glorfindel wrote:Captain Hook, the wolf (for Little Red Riding Hood, the 3 piglets, and the 7 little goats), the giant (Jack and the Bean stack), the Piped Piper.

Oh yes! I completely forgot those. blushh

Although, I would argue that the villain in 'Jack and the Beanstalk' may very well be Jack himself (there must be some moral ambiguity in stealing someone's prized golden-egg laying goose and killing the owner by chopping down the beanstalk), and that the Pied Piper was a man wronged, for the villagers refused to pay him (not that revenge is right, mind you; but he's had good reason to do what he did).

I think Marie answered your questions better than I ever could, my fairy tale knowledge is really limited. But I've noticed something: They all seem to be epic dramas starring women. Yes, males are the heros, and women the damels in distress...but the men are so cardboard and one demensional, despite being the "heros". It's the women: the victims and the villians, who everyone remembers and who are really fleshed out.

Lottie2303 wrote:I find fascinating about fairy tales that it mainly include female villains but also female protagonists. So, there is a pretty even distribution. The male characters, quite a few times, are actually the bland, boring ones . Of course their are exceptions, but the most popular fairy tales are almost all dominated by female characters.

I see what you mean. When you look at the fairy tale titles, the best known fairy tales are the names of female protagonists-- Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, the Little Mermaid etc. And yes, the princes/heroes in these stories are quite bland in comparison (and in the case of 'the little Mermaid', actually deserves a kick in the nads)

Lottie2303 wrote:I'm excited to see what may happen to Connor and Trollbella. I wonder if it might be Beauty and Beast in reverse? I'd totally love that and would worship Chris forever and ever!

I have a feeling that Trollbella would have her heart broken (unless she turns into a human after winning Connor's love, ala Beauty and the Beast... but I doubt that would happen)
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/11/2013, 2:59 pm

Delight wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Captain Hook, the wolf (for Little Red Riding Hood, the 3 piglets, and the 7 little goats), the giant (Jack and the Bean stack), the Piped Piper.

Oh yes! I completely forgot those. blushh

Although, I would argue that the villain in 'Jack and the Beanstalk' may very well be Jack himself (there must be some moral ambiguity in stealing someone's prized golden-egg laying goose and killing the owner by chopping down the beanstalk), and that the Pied Piper was a man wronged, for the villagers refused to pay him (not that revenge is right, mind you; but he's had good reason to do what he did).

I think Marie answered your questions better than I ever could, my fairy tale knowledge is really limited. But I've noticed something: They all seem to be epic dramas starring women. Yes, males are the heros, and women the damels in distress...but the men are so cardboard and one demensional, despite being the "heros". It's the women: the victims and the villians, who everyone remembers and who are really fleshed out.

Lottie2303 wrote:I find fascinating about fairy tales that it mainly include female villains but also female protagonists. So, there is a pretty even distribution. The male characters, quite a few times, are actually the bland, boring ones . Of course their are exceptions, but the most popular fairy tales are almost all dominated by female characters.

I see what you mean. When you look at the fairy tale titles, the best known fairy tales are the names of female protagonists-- Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, the Little Mermaid etc. And yes, the princes/heroes in these stories are quite bland in comparison (and in the case of 'the little Mermaid', actually deserves a kick in the nads)

Lottie2303 wrote:I'm excited to see what may happen to Connor and Trollbella. I wonder if it might be Beauty and Beast in reverse? I'd totally love that and would worship Chris forever and ever!

I have a feeling that Trollbella would have her heart broken (unless she turns into a human after winning Connor's love, ala Beauty and the Beast... but I doubt that would happen)

Funny you should say that, because Blaine reminds me of Prince Eric sometimes! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/11/2013, 5:19 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Funny you should say that, because Blaine reminds me of Prince Eric sometimes! Wink

Actually lots of his fans think exactly the same lol, but is because the physical appearance and not because he's also a bland character.

lol Trollbella and Connor. I'm not sure if Connor is a boy who will put his prejudice aside in order to be his bf.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/11/2013, 5:28 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Actually lots of his fans think exactly the same lol, but is because the physical appearance and not because he's also a bland character.

lol Trollbella and Connor. I'm not sure if Connor is a boy who will put his prejudice aside in order to be his bf.

But that'd be beauty of the story. Also I totally see Chris as someone being annoyed that girls are expected to be beautiful and their characters sometimes do not matter at all. Especially because their is major double standard between genders. We all know he writes amazing female characters, so I'd say it is actually a reasonable idea.

I admit it, I love the idea and demand cookies if it turns out to be a plot twist fanny2 . uhuhu mrgreen
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/11/2013, 5:39 pm

Actually if I put aside Trollbella's appearance and smell, sorry if I'm being cruel with her, I think she could be a nice girl and she really liked Connor. So where's else he's going to find a girlfriend who's able to do lots of things for him? And yeah, it could be a nice twist. I already see them getting married, ok that's too much, they're still children.

And you're right, I'm tired the girl has to be pretty, and a woman who's obedient and do what his dad or husband say.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/11/2013, 5:52 pm

brisallie wrote:Actually if I put aside Trollbella's appearance and smell, sorry if I'm being cruel with her, I think she could be a nice girl and she really liked Connor. So where's else he's going to find a girlfriend who's able to do lots of things for him? And yeah, it could be a nice twist. I already see them getting married, ok that's too much, they're still children.

And you're right, I'm tired the girl has to be pretty, and a woman who's obedient and do what his dad or husband say.

Don't worry, I don't them full on on serious dating at all. Maybe plant something for the future in case he writes more books? But it would be a nice twist of his putting aside her look and getting to know her. Also it would be the perfect addition of the fairy tale. But don't let her turn 'beautiful'. That would ruin it. I loved her and felt sorry for her. Being not pretty, as harsh as it sounds, in today's society is most likely not an easy task. So it would be great but also important plot twist.

Yeah about the second statement, especially because man are allowed to be 'ugly' because woman are supposed to look at personality first. That is true but I demand the same in return. And being incredible vain now, I am most certainly not bad looking, so this is no frustration talking but sincere dismissal and annoyance about double standards.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/12/2013, 12:53 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:Actually if I put aside Trollbella's appearance and smell, sorry if I'm being cruel with her, I think she could be a nice girl and she really liked Connor. So where's else he's going to find a girlfriend who's able to do lots of things for him? And yeah, it could be a nice twist. I already see them getting married, ok that's too much, they're still children.

Don't worry, I don't them full on on serious dating at all. Maybe plant something for the future in case he writes more books? But it would be a nice twist of his putting aside her look and getting to know her. Also it would be the perfect addition of the fairy tale. But don't let her turn 'beautiful'. That would ruin it. I loved her and felt sorry for her. Being not pretty, as harsh as it sounds, in today's society is most likely not an easy task. So it would be great but also important plot twist.

Yeah about the second statement, especially because man are allowed to be 'ugly' because woman are supposed to look at personality first. That is true but I demand the same in return. And being incredible vain now, I am most certainly not bad looking, so this is no frustration talking but sincere dismissal and annoyance about double standards.

Perhaps in the third (final?) book when Conner is 16?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 5/14/2013, 4:21 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 5/14/2013, 4:41 pm

sheny wrote:

It's so close! I'm so happy for him. He's in NY with the people he likes, he gets his first look at his new book and he knows that the audio book is on it's way. wub
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/14/2013, 4:44 pm

At first I thought 517 pages were a lot for a child o.o but then I thought after HP, children are able to read books over 500 pages.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 5:12 pm

brisallie wrote:At first I thought 517 pages were a lot for a child o.o but then I thought after HP, children are able to read books over 500 pages.

Well, to be fair, most children nowadays wouldn't read that much. They'd wait til the movies came out. And if they did read, they'd do it in their kindle. I hate kindles. They're irritating and they strain your eyes. They just don't have that lovely paper-y new book smell.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/14/2013, 5:17 pm

I'd love to have a kindle Smile but the only reason I'd like to have one is because I don't want forests being cleared.

And the article I read years ago should be updated, I remember it said children were reading more because of HP phenomenon. lol clue words: HP phenomenon.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 5/14/2013, 5:18 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:At first I thought 517 pages were a lot for a child o.o but then I thought after HP, children are able to read books over 500 pages.

Well, to be fair, most children nowadays wouldn't read that much. They'd wait til the movies came out. And if they did read, they'd do it in their kindle. I hate kindles. They're irritating and they strain your eyes. They just don't have that lovely paper-y new book smell.

For me it's also paper is the king. I can read up to a point on a tablet, but when I really want to consentrate I need a physical book. Besides I'm always worried about the batteries and I'm always forgetting my chargers at home and then I won't have anything to read when the power eventually goes out and there's not a socket nearby.

valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top