The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 5:21 pm

Jeez! At this rate, the 3rd book will be one thousand pages long! Not that it's a bad thing. Good for him for creating children's books with such heft and content.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 5:32 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Jeez! At this rate, the 3rd book will be one thousand pages long! Not that it's a bad thing. Good for him for creating children's books with such heft and content.

It does appear he's going the HP route, where the books just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm pretty sure the 5th one was over 900 pages.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 5:34 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Jeez! At this rate, the 3rd book will be one thousand pages long! Not that it's a bad thing. Good for him for creating children's books with such heft and content.

It does appear he's going the HP route, where the books just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm pretty sure the 5th one was over 900 pages.

I also enjoy how the cover art has gotten darker, perhaps to express more mature content within the pages? Just like Harry Potter.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/14/2013, 5:35 pm

Wait! I thought the second book is the last one. Is this boy planning a third one? I won't mind to read it btw.

@valkeakuulas, you pointed out something that is clearly a disadvantage when it comes to kindles/tablets: batteries. I already hate that anywhere I go I need a plug to charge my phone.

Not always. Wasn't the sixth book of HP smaller? ( at least the spanish version is)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 5:39 pm

Well, I heard it was a three book deal.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 5:40 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

I also enjoy how the cover art has gotten darker, perhaps to express more mature content within the pages? Just like Harry Potter.

Well, I guess the older characters are, the darker the situation. But in my opinion, Harry Potter was dark from the start. I mean, have you read "The Chamber of Secrets"? Keep in mind that Harry was 12, and I'm surprised he didn't PTSD.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 5:43 pm

brisallie wrote:

Wait! I thought the second book is the last one. Is this boy planning a third one? I won't mind to read it btw.

@valkeakuulas, you pointed out something that is clearly a disadvantage when it comes to kindles/tablets: batteries. I already hate that anywhere I go I need a plug to charge my phone.

Not always. Wasn't the sixth book of HP smaller? ( at least the spanish version is)

Yes the last 2 were smaller but not by much. They also had a lot more content though so I guess it counts.

And I'm pretty sure it was a 3 book deal. I think that's what I heard after the first one did so well.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 5:44 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Well, I guess the older characters are, the darker the situation. But in my opinion, Harry Potter was dark from the start. I mean, have you read "The Chamber of Secrets"? Keep in mind that Harry was 12, and I'm surprised he didn't PTSD.

I have not read any of the books (aside from a few chapters from the first one that my class was forced to read out loud in the 5th grade) nor have I seen all of the films. I lost interest after the fourth film. (I don't like fantasy very much). But I noticed that the content became darker as the series went on. The content grew up with the characters, which I like. It adds a sense of realism.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 5:47 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

I have not read any of the books (aside from a few chapters from the first one that my class was forced to read out loud in the 5th grade) nor have I seen all of the films. I lost interest after the fourth film. (I don't like fantasy very much). But I noticed that the content became darker as the series went on. The content grew up with the characters, which I like. It adds a sense of realism.

You are right about that, and it would definitely explain why they raised the rating of the last few movies.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 6:09 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

You are right about that, and it would definitely explain why they raised the rating of the last few movies.

Yes. From PG to PG-13, correct?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 6:19 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Correct.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 6:40 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Correct.

I believe the Twilight films graduated in ratings from PG-13 to R as well. And no, I have not read any of the books or seen any of the films! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 6:44 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Correct.

I believe the Twilight films graduated in ratings from PG-13 to R as well. And no, I have not read any of the books or seen any of the films! Smile

I'm pretty sure they were all rated PG-13. I've only seen the first 2 and Breaking Dawn part 1. My brother loves those movies. dryy I felt like I was losing brain cells. I did read the books, however, before they became popular.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/14/2013, 6:54 pm

i watched and liked the first 2 or 3, but the last 2 or 3 i didn't bother at all. i usually like vampire stories a lot, but most vampire movies are just stupid or badly made.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 7:08 pm

For some reason, I thought there was this big stink about one of the final Twilight films being rated R because of a sex scene? Hmm. My mistake. Smile

The only vampire films I like are Nosferatu (1922 version) and Let Me In. The Lost Boys sucked, but had a great 80's soundtrack.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 7:23 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:For some reason, I thought there was this big stink about one of the final Twilight films being rated R because of a sex scene? Hmm. My mistake. Smile

The only vampire films I like are Nosferatu (1922 version) and Let Me In. The Lost Boys sucked, but had a great 80's soundtrack.

Oh, there was but it was an implied thing, nothing explicit. The book was that way too. To quote Kitty from Glee "Those Twilight books were poop on paper."
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 7:42 pm

Poop on paper. Priceless. XD

Oh, another good vampire film: Interveiw with the Vampire. Well, my mom loved it. I thought it was weird, but the costumes were just gorgeous. A beautiful looking film.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 7:47 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Poop on paper. Priceless. XD

Oh, another good vampire film: Interveiw with the Vampire. Well, my mom loved it. I thought it was weird, but the costumes were just gorgeous. A beautiful looking film.

Yeah, that line and kurts line about the "vintage flea market chairs" were the only good things about that episode. XD
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 7:55 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:

Yeah, that line and kurts line about the "vintage flea market chairs" were the only good things about that episode. XD

It was hilarious seeing Kurt spit out: "Your boyfriend's bare ass is on one of my vintage flea market chairs!" He sounded so offended (as well he should have). Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 7:58 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

It was hilarious seeing Kurt spit out: "Your boyfriend's bare ass is on one of my vintage flea market chairs!" He sounded so offended (as well he should have). Laughing

Don't forget the spoon jabbing, and moving the milk carton with an unimpressed look on his face. Laughed so hard! Razz
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/14/2013, 7:59 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Don't forget the spoon jabbing, and moving the milk carton with an unimpressed look on his face. Laughed so hard! Razz

I know! LOL! Brody was being a pig there.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/14/2013, 9:45 pm

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/14/2013, 10:54 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

I just finished rereading the first one. I forgot how much of a bad ass Goldilocks was. Smile
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 5/15/2013, 12:16 pm

I wonder if people can get this book slightly earlier than it's release date like last year?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/15/2013, 1:07 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I wonder if people can get this book slightly earlier than it's release date like last year?

Maybe if we're super nice fans, Chris might reward us. Smile
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top