Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  sheny 4/27/2013, 1:48 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  arina 4/27/2013, 2:13 am

We don't know why exactly Cory went to the rehab and in what condition, to me he seems as very responsible person and I don't think he would quit if he did not feel he is ready. It's really nice to hear about him again. wub
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/27/2013, 4:19 am

Lea and Cory are at the airport? Perhaps he's just transferring institutes closer to home? That would me my guess. Especially if he has his own doctors in Canada. Maybe he was just waiting for Lea to finish working? And lets not forget that health care is free for him at Canada. I'd trasfer my medical treatment (because that's what rehab I think is considered) closer to home.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2013, 5:13 am

perhaps the problem wasn't quit as bad. idk. it looks like they are going on vacation. that maybe the perfect opportunity for him to see if he can keep of alcohol and drugs. or maybe you guys are rith and he is transfering somewhere closer to home.

anyway, i'm glad lea is there to support him. wanting to get better yourself is the most important step, but having someone there who cares about you and is there for you to lean on is equally important.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2013, 7:50 am

The article at the source said the rehab was in Antigua (or it said Cory flew from Antigua to NY to LAX).

Four weeks does seem quick, but maybe he just went in for a "tune up" and will now seek additional out patient therapy close to home.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/28/2013, 12:47 am

I just hope it is enough. I don't mean to be negative...it's just that we've all seen these troubled stars who go in for very short stints in rehab, only to go right back in again...over and over. It's like a cycle.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/28/2013, 10:29 am

^Well, to be fair: Cory had been 'clean' for over 10 years, so it's not like he's been in and out of his addiction/rehab on a regular basis so far.
The more I read about this, the more I think that Cory caught it in time now, and stopped it before it got out of hand. He looks so much healthier in only a short month.

And I'm sure there will be a follow-up programm for him after he left the clinic, in L.A. probably.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/28/2013, 10:45 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Well, to be fair: Cory had been 'clean' for over 10 years, so it's not like he's been in and out of his addiction/rehab on a regular basis so far.
The more I read about this, the more I think that Cory caught it in time now, and stopped it before it got out of hand. He looks so much healthier in only a short month.

And I'm sure there will be a follow-up programm for him after he left the clinic, in L.A. probably.

I've also thought that maybe what he did was more prevention than relapse...I don't know if that makes the treatment any different though.

I do think alcohol flows freely at these Hollywood events and if you are a former addict or an alcoholic it can be tricky.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/28/2013, 12:03 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Well, to be fair: Cory had been 'clean' for over 10 years, so it's not like he's been in and out of his addiction/rehab on a regular basis so far.

I've also thought that maybe what he did was more prevention than relapse...I don't know if that makes the treatment any different though.

I do think alcohol flows freely at these Hollywood events and if you are a former addict or an alcoholic it can be tricky.

It's true. If you really want to prevent yourself from "lapsing" there are medications you can take that will, if you drink any alcohol, cause you to become violently physically ill. You can't impulsively fall off the wagon with those medications, since it takes several days for the medication to clear from your system. You have to decide you're going to start drinking again. They don't seem to be used as much now as they were when my mom was an alcoholism counselor (1970s), but they would be a good choice, I think, for someone who *has* to be at events with lots of alcohol flowing.

I don't know of anything similar for drugs, though. And who knows what his particular addiction was, and how quickly he got treatment?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/28/2013, 12:19 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I don't know of anything similar for drugs, though. And who knows what his particular addiction was, and how quickly he got treatment?

I've also wondered if it was just alcohol, but honestly even now I feel a bit uncomfortable talking about it because it feels such a personal matter. All I can remember is that Cory publicly used the term "pretty much everything", or something similar to that.

And yeah, antabus medication is really tough way to fight alcoholism but I guess it is still used on some cases. I just read an article about that precise medicine: it's can be used to other stuff as well, or is at least researched if it can be used against cancer and HIV as well.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/28/2013, 12:44 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I don't know of anything similar for drugs, though. And who knows what his particular addiction was, and how quickly he got treatment?

I've also wondered if it was just alcohol, but honestly even now I feel a bit uncomfortable talking about it because it feels such a personal matter. All I can remember is that Cory publicly used the term "pretty much everything", or something similar to that.

And yeah, antabus medication is really tough way to fight alcoholism but I guess it is still used on some cases. I just read an article about that precise medicine: it's can be used to other stuff as well, or is at least researched if it can be used against cancer and HIV as well.

Yeah, unless he decides to volunteer what he went in for this time, I feel odd speculating, too. As for the antabus medication (thank you for the correct term), I only mention it because it would seem that in Hollywood it would be impossible to avoid social events with alcohol. It's tough when your profession basically requires you to network at substance-soaked events.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/28/2013, 12:55 pm

Generally with rehab (speaking as someone who had friends who've been through it), inpatient treatment is not meant to be for many weeks. First of all, most insurance will only cover inpatient treatment for a limited period and many addicts don't need it for long periods. Staying a month is about average - giving them time without the negative influences and intensive daily therapy before releasing them for outpatient follow up. I have no doubt that Cory will continue on with treatment for an extended period with a therapist.

Depending upon just what substance he's addicted to will dictate a great deal about what kind of therapy he gets and how long he may need treatment. And it's not at all unusual for addicts to need therapy on and off for their whole lives in order to stay clean because it's often impossible to completely avoid the substance he has a problem with. If he's got an addiction to prescription medications, he might be faced with dealing with his addiction each time he is hurt of facing a medical procedure. If it's alcohol, he's going to be faced with it in pretty much any social setting. It's actually easier to avoid illegal drugs because you aren't confronted with them on a regular basis.

Cory did the right thing for himself and deserves a great deal of credit for not getting to the point where he was in serious trouble before seeking help. With addictions, recognizing the problem is the biggest challenge.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/28/2013, 1:01 pm

I read Cory was released from rehab, but I wasn't sure what to comment about this. By one side I'm glad he looks healthier and Lea is there supporting him- everyday I like more Monchele, because despite of some rumours, they seem to me like a steady couple- But by other side I was worried he was released in less that a month, because we have seen the countless cases of celebs who go in and out from rehab, and seriously I don't want the same for Cory. So I hope your theories are right and he's just transfering to a new place.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/28/2013, 3:17 pm

Maybe I'm just ignorant as to how addiction works? saispa

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2013, 6:10 pm

^ spoken from someone who is clearly addicted to chris colfer and CCFF... phr34r tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/28/2013, 10:41 pm

fantastica wrote:^ spoken from someone who is clearly addicted to chris colfer and CCFF... phr34r tonguue

mrgreen

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/30/2013, 4:23 am

Great interview with Mike O'Malley. You should listen it in its entirety, he's a multitasker, but jump to around 14 mins if you just want Glee. After talking about Ryan there is still a great convo about Burt and Kurt.

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2013, 11:14 am

“People have come up to me and said, “Oh wow, that scene where you’re dropping your kid off and he’s going off to college, and you’re upset. That must’ve been really, really hard to shoot.” And I said, “No, it wasn’t, it wasn’t hard to shoot at all.” And it wasn’t hard to get the emotion up because as he’s walking away I wasn’t even thinking, “There’s my son going off to college.” I was thinking, “There goes my story line.”
-Mike O’Malley-
ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/30/2013, 11:19 am

ETA: Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 4/30/2013, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 11:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:
“People have come up to me and said, “Oh wow, that scene where you’re dropping your kid off and he’s going off to college, and you’re upset. That must’ve been really, really hard to shoot.” And I said, “No, it wasn’t, it wasn’t hard to shoot at all.” And it wasn’t hard to get the emotion up because as he’s walking away I wasn’t even thinking, “There’s my son going off to college.” I was thinking, “There goes my story line.”
-Mike O’Malley-
ptdr

LMAO! He is a riot!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/4/2013, 11:27 pm

Whitney episode came in at three and they dissed Darren on "It's Not Alright, But It's Okay".

They are right about "How Will I Know" being one of the highlights. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 21 413578547

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/03/glee-tribute-episodes-stevie-wonder-madonna-lady-gaga/2/
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/7/2013, 2:25 am

HWIK is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard on Glee. I tear up everytime I listen to it,

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/7/2013, 5:50 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:HWIK is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard on Glee. I tear up everytime I listen to it,

I think they really did this song justice. Everything about it was just beautiful. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 21 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/7/2013, 6:16 am

Here is the song I'd love Kurt to sing to Blaine: TAINTED LOVE
Sometimes I feel I've got to Run away / I've got to Get away / From the pain that you drive into the heart of me / The love we share Seems to go nowhere / And I've lost my light For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night
Once I ran to you (I ran) Now I'll run from you This tainted love you've given I give you all a boy could give you Take my tears and that's not nearly all Oh...tainted love Tainted love
Now I know I've got to Run away I've got to Get away You don't really want it any more from me to make things right You need someone to hold you tight And you'll think love is to pray But I'm sorry I don't pray that way Once I ran to you (I ran) Now I'll run from you This tainted love you've given I give you all a boy could give you Take my tears and that's not nearly all Oh...tainted love Tainted love
Don't touch me please I cannot stand the way you tease I love you though you hurt me so Now I'm going to pack my things and go Tainted love, tainted love

coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/7/2013, 6:44 am

coxfire wrote:Here is the song I'd love Kurt to sing to Blaine: TAINTED LOVE
Sometimes I feel I've got to Run away / I've got to Get away / From the pain that you drive into the heart of me / The love we share Seems to go nowhere / And I've lost my light For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night
Once I ran to you (I ran) Now I'll run from you This tainted love you've given I give you all a boy could give you Take my tears and that's not nearly all Oh...tainted love Tainted love
Now I know I've got to Run away I've got to Get away You don't really want it any more from me to make things right You need someone to hold you tight And you'll think love is to pray But I'm sorry I don't pray that way Once I ran to you (I ran) Now I'll run from you This tainted love you've given I give you all a boy could give you Take my tears and that's not nearly all Oh...tainted love Tainted love
Don't touch me please I cannot stand the way you tease I love you though you hurt me so Now I'm going to pack my things and go Tainted love, tainted love

That would be perfect. It is one of my alltime favourite songs.

I would love to hear Chris sing this. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 21 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next