Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2013, 7:59 pm

^Now that's your real OTP, right? Oliver + Disneyland. wub

Oliland?.....Disneyver? tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 8:26 pm

No, my OTP would be me, Oliver, Chris, and Disneyland. Now that would be a fun day:)
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 8:27 pm

Oliver posted another picture on instagram:

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_mjobrjyKh21qd59x6o1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/14/2013, 8:29 pm

So that would be O'ChrisDland? Our need to make shipper names out of everything is infectious.

TIIC really need to pay attention to how nice this man looks without all the layers (or hat). Maybe they are afraid people will ship him and Kurt too hard, and it would ruin their endgame universe.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 8:31 pm

Divalicious wrote:So that would be O'ChrisDland? Our need to make shipper names out of everything is infectious.

TIIC really need to pay attention to how nice this man looks without all the layers (or hat). Maybe they are afraid people will ship him and Kurt too hard, and it would ruin their endgame universe.

But you didn't put me into th ship name. I said it would be me, Oliver, Chris, and Disneyland Wink

Oliver actually tweeted and posted on facebook at Disneyland. I wonder if there are any fans who made a trip to Disneyland to try to find him today probably hoping he's with Glee people
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/14/2013, 8:42 pm

I get the feeling from Naya's interveiw that there is no question she'll be back. It wouldn't make sense for RIB to drop one of the main characters/a fan favorite without a reason (unlike Rory). But I also get the feeling that she wants more time off in order to do her own stuff (like music.)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2013, 9:00 pm

^I get the feeling from Naya's interview that noone really knows yet how much they will be featured on Glee next season, or what the plans will be, as per usual. dryy

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 9:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I get the feeling from Naya's interview that noone really knows yet how much they will be featured on Glee next season, or what the plans will be, as per usual. dryy

I bet a least one person knows
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/14/2013, 9:06 pm

I almost forgot about that stupid high school focused first half of season five idea! Damn it!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/14/2013, 9:12 pm

Fox will not allow Lea/Rachel to be sidelined for any amount of time. At most an episode off here and there. Because Chris/Kurt is her roomie/bff/gay bestie he will get a least half of her exposure. I think they will have a NY storyline, that will segue into the graduates of the last graduating class of Glee joins and finishes off the season, and likely the series in the same storyline. I am really hoping they don't go this way, because it is tiring fast forwarding through the same teenage angst. I want to see different stories, and with their focus on object lessons, ships and snarky comments, they have really limited stories they can tell.

I am also hoping Kurt gets more than a potential gay love triangle (which I really wouldn't mind because people should be chasing Kurt) next year. I want to see him succeed in his career, something that has never been written in stone like Rachel or Blaine. Even Finn, who isn't the smartest guy, is still a tall, good-looking, heterosexual jock, and usually the world gives them a break as well.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 9:23 pm

OK, I just keep on loving Oliver more and more tonight:

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_mjoda2IwNx1qbmqtto1_r1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/14/2013, 9:36 pm

There are some absolutely loved fanvids floating around Youtube & tumblr about Kadam. This one is particularly sweet. I'll ignore the fact that Taylor Swift is in any way involved.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 3/14/2013, 9:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I love him!

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_mjo7d7Hq4q1qd59x6o1_500

I do, too. I may just have to check out Episodes my next day off. It looks funny as hell.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 9:50 pm

He is in episodes for about 3 minutes total, but he is adorable!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/14/2013, 9:57 pm

Ranwing wrote:There are some absolutely loved fanvids floating around Youtube & tumblr about Kadam. This one is particularly sweet. I'll ignore the fact that Taylor Swift is in any way involved.

I really like this video, the maker did a great job.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/15/2013, 9:47 pm

This originated on Tumblr, and has been posted on p_f a couple of times. I can't remember if it's been posted here, but even if if has, it's worth a second look:

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_misk9ftfaN1rqyo5do1_500_zps7b815bf2
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/18/2013, 10:09 am

I wrote a lengthy post on GF's 'Future of Glee' thread, and since I put a lot of effort in it (tonguue) I thought to post it here as well:

The idea of RIB wanting to stretch this school year into season 5 (and with each passing episode with no Regionals and graduation in sight it's getting more and more likely this is what they are doing) is really bad planning and an amazing amount of disrespect to their own product, imo.
They had a whole season for this school year, just like seasons 2 and 3. There are fewer graduates than last season, almost no adults/teachers storylines, no guest stars in Lima (and hardly much actual screentime and songs for the guest stars in NY) and the competition arc is taking up even less time than previous seasons (literally about half an episode all season long). There has been no lack of screentime if they had used it properly.
Blaming the split narrative for the lack of time to wrap up the year doesn't fly either, as NY only had 5-10 minutes per episode mostly, even missing out of 3 episodes completely, and last season Finn, Kurt and Rachel had a lot more screentime and songs (and add Santana and Mercedes for songs), but they still were able to win Nationals and finish the school year before the summer.

There's no excuse at all to stretch the school year into next season: they had plenty of time to do everything they should have done this season in McKinley. But they keep postponing and dragging their feet, making filler episodes and not dealing with things that should have been dealt with by now, like Regionals and future plans of the graduates, arguably even the Wemma wedding. That's simply stalling tactics, and has nothing to do with any unfortunate production restrictions, the bloated cast (as they have ignored/neglected the old graduates, the adults and the original ND members still left in the choir room), nor the presented storylines being so important and complicated that they could not possibly fit them into 1 season.
This stretching into next year also was never something they wanted for creative reasons, let alone something they thought off when this season began or when it was even mid-way, because if that had been the case it would have been properly set up some time ago. If they wanted to divide this year into 2 seasons, or even 1.5 season, they should have slowed down the time at the latest after Christmas (as Christmas is not a holiday you can comfortably show in e.g. April), and they should have stopped bookmarking actual dates, like Valentine's Day. Really: Wemma's wedding did not need any date stamp or 'theme' like Valentine's Day, but still they specifically mentioned it, firmly putting Glee time in sync with real time.
In the mean time we get episodes with 6+ songs dedicated to film songs, action heroes, artist's feuds and guilty pleasures, fun but accomplishing nothing. But now they want to slow things down and eat into the next season because they don't have enough episodes left to wrap up things properly? Give me a break.

The last episodes have put Glee time to a screeching halt. And on top of thinking that they seriously squandered almost all of the potential this season had ('fresh' New York, giving some focus on all the MK graduates of this school year, maybe dedicating an episode or 2 on last year's graduates not in New York, making ND losing Sectionals stick, Sue and Roz taking Figgins down, heck: even introducing newbies in ND in a less obnoxious way), the slowing down of the year and stalling of storylines that actually would make me care about Glee again is one other grievance I have with these showrunners.
It doesn't make any sense, it's not poorly prepared and set up, it stops any flow that this season had so far, it's sloppy writing, it is seriously testing the patience of loyal fans who want to see some actual development of the characters, and it adds absolutely nothing to the show.

To me it seems like nothing else than a cheap tactic of RIB, a last attempt to push the noobs and MK they want so badly to catch on (because it would be an affirmation that their writing is the best part about this show and not the original cast). They are trying to force Fox' hand by making it almost impossible for them to choose for anything else next year than featuring McKinley heavily in the first part of season 5, as other alternatives are getting harder to set up for properly with the canon being established now.
"We don't have time enough to wrap up the McKinley school year, there's only 3 episodes left, you can't do that to the fans who want a proper send off of the graduates, and there's still Regionals and Nationals ND has to go to!"
Think about it: RIB is willingly messing up this season's (and next season's!) timeline, canon and characters' storylines/arcs, only because of their egos being so big they can't see their own failings, and to have negotiation leverage against Fox so they can keep maybe half of what they want, as they won't be able to save this mess without seriously screwing up the established canon if Fox puts their foot down and drops McKinley at the end of season 4.
Such dedicated showrunners. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/18/2013, 11:17 am

^Hear, hear!

Maybe we should start calling the big bosses at Fox the idiots, not RIB+ because it's not their fault if the jackasses at the head office of Fox TV give them the money and reigns of this train wreck. The people who ask money for stupid things are not dumb but the people who give the money are idiots.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/18/2013, 12:29 pm

As requested via PM I will post the song distribution charts of the seasons again, so we can get a clearer picture of everything.

Here are the graphics:
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Season1

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Season2

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Season3

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Totalseasons1-2-3

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Season4-14_zps626a4ea7

Here are the singers ranked by songs (and points) over the seasons. I have put a stripe/bar in the lists when there is a big gap in songs# and/or points# between 2 subsequent singers:

Season 1:
1) Rachel (38 songs – 109 points)
---------------------------------
2) Finn (33- 85)
3) Mercedes (24 – 57)
4) Artie (18 – 47)
5) Puck (12 – 28
6) Kurt (12 – 27)
7) Tina (8 – 18)
8) Quinn (6 – 18)
9) Santana (6 - 12)
10) Jesse (4 – 11)
11) Brittany + Mike (0)
(Will: 14 songs – 47 points)

Season 2:
1) Rachel (35 songs – 105 points)
2) Finn (23 – 61)
3) Artie (22 – 56)
4) Mercedes (18 – 52)
5) Blaine (13 – 48, but only half of season in episodes)
6) Kurt (16 – 46)
7) Santana (14 – 40)
8) Puck (13 – 34)
9) Brittany (12 – 27)
10) Tina (11 – 25)
11) Sam (10 – 25)
12) Quinn (10 – 21)
13) Mike (0)
(Will: 9 songs – 28 points)

Season 3:
1) Rachel (35 songs – 97 points)
2) Santana (35 – 82 )
3) Mercedes (29 – 73)
4) Blaine (28 – 75)
5) Kurt (24 – 52)
6) Finn (21 – 48)
7) Puck (15 – 40)
8) Artie (16 – 35)
9) Tina (13 – 27)
10) Quinn (12 – 28)
11) Brittany (12 – 27)
12) Sam (10 – 23)
13) Rory (9 – 23)
14) Mike (10 – 19)
15) Sebastian (5 – 14)
16) Joe (6 – 11)
(Will: 7 songs – 21 points)

Season 4 (calculated up to 4-18):
1) Blaine (29 songs - 79 points)
2) Marley (24 –62)
3) Jake (20 – 54)
4) Sam (20 – 49)
5) Rachel (19 – 51)
6) Brittany (16 – 39)
7) Ryder (15 -35)
8) Santana (13 – 32)
9) Unique + Kurt (11 – 24)
11) Tina (10 – 24)
12) Finn (9 – 21)
13) Kitty (8 – 17)
14) Artie (7 – 15)
15) Brody (4 – 12)
16) Quinn (4 – 8)
17) Joe (4 – 5)
18) Puck + Mercedes (3 – 6)
(Will: 5 song – 14 points)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2013, 12:49 pm

Thanks for posting the charts, Marie. I'm going to take a closer look at them when I get home from work tonight.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/18/2013, 2:43 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I wrote a lengthy post on GF's 'Future of Glee' thread, and since I put a lot of effort in it (tonguue) I thought to post it here as well:

The idea of RIB wanting to stretch this school year into season 5 (and with each passing episode with no Regionals and graduation in sight it's getting more and more likely this is what they are doing) is really bad planning and an amazing amount of disrespect to their own product, imo.
They had a whole season for this school year, just like seasons 2 and 3. There are fewer graduates than last season, almost no adults/teachers storylines, no guest stars in Lima (and hardly much actual screentime and songs for the guest stars in NY) and the competition arc is taking up even less time than previous seasons (literally about half an episode all season long). There has been no lack of screentime if they had used it properly.
Blaming the split narrative for the lack of time to wrap up the year doesn't fly either, as NY only had 5-10 minutes per episode mostly, even missing out of 3 episodes completely, and last season Finn, Kurt and Rachel had a lot more screentime and songs (and add Santana and Mercedes for songs), but they still were able to win Nationals and finish the school year before the summer.

There's no excuse at all to stretch the school year into next season: they had plenty of time to do everything they should have done this season in McKinley. But they keep postponing and dragging their feet, making filler episodes and not dealing with things that should have been dealt with by now, like Regionals and future plans of the graduates, arguably even the Wemma wedding. That's simply stalling tactics, and has nothing to do with any unfortunate production restrictions, the bloated cast (as they have ignored/neglected the old graduates, the adults and the original ND members still left in the choir room), nor the presented storylines being so important and complicated that they could not possibly fit them into 1 season.
This stretching into next year also was never something they wanted for creative reasons, let alone something they thought off when this season began or when it was even mid-way, because if that had been the case it would have been properly set up some time ago. If they wanted to divide this year into 2 seasons, or even 1.5 season, they should have slowed down the time at the latest after Christmas (as Christmas is not a holiday you can comfortably show in e.g. April), and they should have stopped bookmarking actual dates, like Valentine's Day. Really: Wemma's wedding did not need any date stamp or 'theme' like Valentine's Day, but still they specifically mentioned it, firmly putting Glee time in sync with real time.
In the mean time we get episodes with 6+ songs dedicated to film songs, action heroes, artist's feuds and guilty pleasures, fun but accomplishing nothing. But now they want to slow things down and eat into the next season because they don't have enough episodes left to wrap up things properly? Give me a break.

The last episodes have put Glee time to a screeching halt. And on top of thinking that they seriously squandered almost all of the potential this season had ('fresh' New York, giving some focus on all the MK graduates of this school year, maybe dedicating an episode or 2 on last year's graduates not in New York, making ND losing Sectionals stick, Sue and Roz taking Figgins down, heck: even introducing newbies in ND in a less obnoxious way), the slowing down of the year and stalling of storylines that actually would make me care about Glee again is one other grievance I have with these showrunners.
It doesn't make any sense, it's not poorly prepared and set up, it stops any flow that this season had so far, it's sloppy writing, it is seriously testing the patience of loyal fans who want to see some actual development of the characters, and it adds absolutely nothing to the show.

To me it seems like nothing else than a cheap tactic of RIB, a last attempt to push the noobs and MK they want so badly to catch on (because it would be an affirmation that their writing is the best part about this show and not the original cast). They are trying to force Fox' hand by making it almost impossible for them to choose for anything else next year than featuring McKinley heavily in the first part of season 5, as other alternatives are getting harder to set up for properly with the canon being established now.
"We don't have time enough to wrap up the McKinley school year, there's only 3 episodes left, you can't do that to the fans who want a proper send off of the graduates, and there's still Regionals and Nationals ND has to go to!"
Think about it: RIB is willingly messing up this season's (and next season's!) timeline, canon and characters' storylines/arcs, only because of their egos being so big they can't see their own failings, and to have negotiation leverage against Fox so they can keep maybe half of what they want, as they won't be able to save this mess without seriously screwing up the established canon if Fox puts their foot down and drops McKinley at the end of season 4.

Perfect. Especially the bolded parts.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/18/2013, 5:45 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I wrote a lengthy post on GF's 'Future of Glee' thread, and since I put a lot of effort in it (tonguue) I thought to post it here as well:

rooots

There's nothing else to add, is perfectly said. They're ruining their own show. Is a crap!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/18/2013, 5:47 pm

Someone should print it out and mail it off in a letter to RIB! (With Marie's consent, of course!) :P

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/18/2013, 6:35 pm

^My consent... you have.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_miqv0rBmaT1s6fky7o1_400

fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/18/2013, 6:41 pm

Thanks! Wink

Although, if we piss Ryan off, there is no telling what he'll do... unsure

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next