Book or books

Go down

Book or books Empty Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/16/2013, 11:18 pm

What were the last book/s you have brought?
The last two books I brought were Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal by Chris Colfer & Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church by Lauren Drain.


Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 3/17/2013, 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix a typo I just noticed)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/17/2013, 1:43 am

The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
The CoffeeBreak Screenwriter

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/17/2013, 2:34 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
The CoffeeBreak Screenwriter

I read The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell at great book. Can hardly wait for the follow-up book.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/17/2013, 2:47 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
The CoffeeBreak Screenwriter

I read The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell at great book. Can hardly wait for the follow-up book.

What do you think of the SBL book?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/17/2013, 3:00 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
The CoffeeBreak Screenwriter

I read The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell at great book. Can hardly wait for the follow-up book.

What do you think of the SBL book?

I like SBL so far. Too bad Chris do not write for Glee. I have no doubt if he did his episodes would of been great.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ColferGirl on 3/17/2013, 12:52 pm

The last book I bought was The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Utah
Real Name : Erin

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 4:01 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
The CoffeeBreak Screenwriter

I read The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell at great book. Can hardly wait for the follow-up book.

What do you think of the SBL book?

I like SBL so far. Too bad Chris do not write for Glee. I have no doubt if he did his episodes would of been great.

I'd love for him to write for Glee someday!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/18/2013, 3:49 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
The CoffeeBreak Screenwriter

I read The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell at great book. Can hardly wait for the follow-up book.

What do you think of the SBL book?

I like SBL so far. Too bad Chris do not write for Glee. I have no doubt if he did his episodes would of been great.

I'd love for him to write for Glee someday!

Me too. Still reading SBL, still enjoying it. Just go Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 5:13 pm

I read a book a lot like that a few years ago. It was about a girl who had escaped a polygamist cult. I LOVE books like that! (Since I don't read very much fiction).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/18/2013, 5:25 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I read a book a lot like that a few years ago. It was about a girl who had escaped a polygamist cult. I LOVE books like that! (Since I don't read very much fiction).

You are thinking about a different book. The book,I just got recently came out.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 5:28 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I read a book a lot like that a few years ago. It was about a girl who had escaped a polygamist cult. I LOVE books like that! (Since I don't read very much fiction).

You are thinking about a different book. The book,I just got recently came out.

There is actually a documentary about the Westboro Baptist Church called "The Most Hated Family in America" or something like that. But I cannot seem to be able to watch it whenever it's on due to something always coming up (and I can't record anything because the technology is not set up yet). tonguue

But yeah, those guys are disgusting.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/18/2013, 5:34 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I read a book a lot like that a few years ago. It was about a girl who had escaped a polygamist cult. I LOVE books like that! (Since I don't read very much fiction).

You are thinking about a different book. The book,I just got recently came out.

There is actually a documentary about the Westboro Baptist Church called "The Most Hated Family in America" or something like that. But I cannot seem to be able to watch it whenever it's on due to something always coming up (and I can't record anything because the technology is not set up yet). tonguue

But yeah, those guys are disgusting.
Opps,I missed read your original post blushh . I agree they are disgusting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 5:36 pm

They remind me of trolls. I honestly think they are just looking for attention. A bunch of mentally ill people, they are.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/18/2013, 5:45 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:They remind me of trolls. I honestly think they are just looking for attention. A bunch of mentally ill people, they are.

I agree 100%.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 5:48 pm

Another book that I think is so inspirational is "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/18/2013, 5:54 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Another book that I think is so inspirational is "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard.

Have not read that book, but want too. It may be the next book I buy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 6:23 pm

It's hard to read sometimes, but it feels like a story of triumph by the end.

Another book I'd recommend is an older classic called "A Child Called It". Be warned though...the book made me so pissed off that I literally threw it across the room and left it where it landed for about a week before I had the nerve to pick it up again.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  brisallie on 3/18/2013, 7:43 pm

Any of you have ever read Sophie's World? Because I'm planning to buy the book, but I'd like to have a reference.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Book or books 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 8:31 pm

Nope. What is it about?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  brisallie on 3/18/2013, 9:12 pm

is a 1991 novel written by Norwegian writer Jostein Gaarder. It follows the events of Sophie Amundsen, a teenage girl living in Norway, and Alberto Knox, a middle aged philosopher who introduces her to philosophical thinking and the history of philosophy.

Source: Wiki.

I saw the movie last week, but I've read is not the same.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Book or books 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/18/2013, 9:14 pm

It sounds interesting! But no, I haven't read or seen it.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  brisallie on 3/19/2013, 4:53 pm

I just read on another thread you wrote something like getting lost in a book. Well few minutes ago I started Sophie's world, I borrowed it from a library, and it has 633 pages. Perfect.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Book or books 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/19/2013, 4:56 pm

Awesome! Enjoy your journey! Razz baibai

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  MoviesAreLife on 3/20/2013, 2:41 pm

Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case by Debbie Nathan

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Book or books Empty Re: Book or books

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum