Paleyfest 2013

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Paleyfest 2013

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/28/2013, 8:25 am

Great pictures of Chris.

Look who got a spot next to Papa Bear in the picture.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 2/28/2013, 8:53 am

sheny wrote:

Didn't RM tweet something a while ago about an explosion of talent if Chris and Andrew Rannells ever get to meet? Looks like we got just that in this event. neutre

MoviesAreLife wrote:"Come on. Is that the best you can do?" Rude! I hate it when the photographers scream at the stars like that. Granted, I know they need a good picture, and that they have to be heard over the hundreds of others demanding voices. But still...they always come across as a pack of hungry wolves.

Chris had mentioned having encountered certain paps who deliberately yell something rude or offensive just to get a celebrity to react with some kind of bitch-face for them to get on camera. Then that bitch-face photo would be used when some negative gossip article gets published about that celebrity.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/28/2013, 8:59 am

sheny wrote:

Looking good! It seems plaid shirts are his thing now Smile I like it. And I didn't expect to see people from all of Ryan's tv shows.

And I think Chris looks good smiling, but younger than his real age. So as someone have said, probably he want to look more mature now. But also, I don't understand why photographers asked him for a smile, they already know how Chris usually pose for red carpets.

Glorfindel wrote:I swear Chris is getting better looking every single day. aa54

If I'm not mistaken, I see no newbies..... could this be a sign?

You're right. There're not anywhere. Umm one option if they were shooting and the other one is... nobody cares about them.

Last edited by brisallie on 2/28/2013, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 2/28/2013, 9:09 am

arina wrote:I think most of people have something about them they are not totally comfortable with... I think Chris knows now he looks good, but he also knows he looks more childish when he smiles big so and as 22 yers old man I am not surprised he prefer to look more mature so he does not smile that way on red carpet pictures etc. I think most of us try to look the best way possible on public pictures and we do facial expression that we feel look the best on us.

I agree with everything you've said Smile.

I love all these pics, and how that shirt brings out the grey in his eyes Smile.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/28/2013, 10:20 am

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I swear Chris is getting better looking every single day. aa54

If I'm not mistaken, I see no newbies..... could this be a sign?

You're right. There're not anywhere. Umm one option if they were shooting and the other one is... nobody cares about them.

I'm noticed the lack of newbies as well. I'm guessing option B is the reason.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/28/2013, 10:56 am

:(

He shouldn't have to deal with things like that. He grants them his picture, he's doing his job. No need to get rude at him.
I still think he handled that admirably: calm, without changing his gaze to irritating (he kept posing), but with enough snark to let them know he does not appreciate the comment.

I hope this was more about Chris, being the professional he is (in the public eye), knowing how to work his best photographic angles than an insecurity issue of himself.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/28/2013, 11:09 am

There was also enough humor and sarcasm in his tone to know that he is kidding.

Gosh, it must suck to have to stand there with people shouting, "To your left, straight forward, slide to your left, look at me the rude person in the orange jacket."

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/28/2013, 1:17 pm

^
It must be tiring to have all those flashes in your face, and move your body to everywhere, while at the same time you have a bunch of photographers asking you for a pose. I think Chris is doing his best and in addition, I've seen different red carpets of him, and he hardly ever smile. I wish is because he thinks is his best photographic angle.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 2/28/2013, 1:31 pm

I've found this on tumblr, don't know how reliable it is:

I spoke to Karyn Colfer recently about the fact that Chris tends to make self deprecating comments about his looks and this is what she said to me:
Trust me Christopher does not need another campaign going on in his name, and he’s just babbling when he’s talking about an ugly duck…. People take him far to serious I’m afraid.
Source
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 2/28/2013, 2:45 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 2/28/2013, 3:14 pm

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but something just seemed off about Chris at the Paleyfest. From the pictures and video he seems upset and a bit low, not really his usual self, and even the smile comment came at a time where you know he was a little bit on edge.

I personally love it when he smiles and laughs, but I respect him for the way he wants to be photographed, that's entirely his decision.

As a Chris fan I just felt something was off about him at the Paleyfest event yesterday. I may be completely wrong and reading too much into it but my instincts feel that he was upset and a little bit on edge. Either way, I hope he's ok :(

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/28/2013, 3:33 pm

You'd be upset and on edge too if you had photographers screaming at you! Wink Nah, I'm kidding. Personally, he seems normal to me. I've noticed that everytime a new photo/video of Chris comes out, there are always fans who think he looks troubled, too thin or upset somehow. I personally never do...he just looks like a happy, intelligent, healthy and busy/successful young man to me. But I guess Chris fans just tend to worry about him because they care.

Yelling rude things just to get a reaction? What scumbags! Those people give the rest of the photographers (the honest, hard working ones) a bad name!

I like his way of fighting back: sweet enough to not look as though he's fighting back! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab on 2/28/2013, 3:42 pm

He looks great. Wonder if he was gritting his teeth. I didn't want to watch the video knowing that there was the smile comment but I gave in and thought that he did terrific with the photographers. I decided that I would hate to make my living at taking photos of celebrities. It just seems so intrusive but at the same time that is just part of Hollywood, always has been and always will be and to be a celebrity requires a really thick skin and I think Chris can hold his own. I think now that he has made his mark he has the power to choose to be in the spotlight or.. not and still accomplish his personal goals. Yay, Chris!
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 2/28/2013, 3:45 pm

For me he looks fine and that comment was just a quick, very spontaneous comment that probably didn't mean anything serious. Of course people might say that a comment like that doesn't surface unless something is wrong but Chris has said worse things about himself without it meaning that much. Self depricating humor can be result of a shitty mood but it can also be a general state of mind and prosessed personality. You see cynical comics doing these kind of jokes about them all the time.

IMO,I believe that the Chris we see on these red carpets is a different persona from the personal, real life boy Chris. Everyone that has to deal with publicity has to (or some cases should) have their stage/red carpet person ready at these occasions and actors are mostly good at building that character up in the car on their way to these events. And Chris' red carpet persona seems cool, dry humored and a bit stylish chic.

TBH, I'd be tired of having to go to another event where your presence is demanded because of work, a work that isn't currently appriciated by your bosses, no matter how much of a good work you have done. I'd feel nothing but a prop at their publicity machine so I'd act accordingly. I know this event was some sort of "give respect for the almighty Ryan" so I understand why Chris would be there, but just like Ryan's interviews from that night show he's uncapable to remember what gave him this show to begin with.

valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/28/2013, 3:58 pm

mr. egomaniac will do whatever he wants to do. when your ego is as big as his your ears disappear and brain someone shrinks.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 2/28/2013, 4:01 pm

I don't think Ryan mentioned even one thing about Chris or Kurt in the entire Paleyfest. So naturally I'm not even going to bother watching the video.

It's common knowledge by now that Trollphy has a big ego, and Darren and Lea cater to his ego in a big way. So he tends to love them for that. But I like Lea, that's just how her personality is, Darren on the other hand, I won't go further before this gets snarky.

Chris is probably the only cast member who doesn't constantly praise and worship Murphy 24/7, and I'm glad he's not a suck up, no matter how much Murphy would want him to cater to his big ego.

Last edited by sahhar on 2/28/2013, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/28/2013, 4:03 pm

didn't watch either. if he said anything interesting, someone would have paraphrased him and posted here already.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 2/28/2013, 4:08 pm

fantastica wrote:didn't watch either. if he said anything interesting, someone would have paraphrased him and posted here already.

True,so I am not going to watch either too.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 2/28/2013, 4:16 pm

There's is an interview with Darren where he says something about Klaine being boring and the separation being good for them. I didn't watch it just read comments on Tumblt like ''shut up Darren" and I'm laughing because for the first time in Glee history Klainers are mad because of something Darren said and not Chris. Finally the day I've been waiting since forever came Smile

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/28/2013, 4:16 pm

Chris is actually a fan of Ryan Murphy...being his "fairy godfather" and all of that. Also, he was a huge fan of "Nip/Tuck" while in highschool and something else of Ryan's, I think. He just doesn't worship the ground he walks on. Overall, I think it's a father/son type of relationship. Chris is grateful to Ryan having always liked his work, and Ryan is proud of Chris being his discovery.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab on 2/28/2013, 5:05 pm

What is palyfest for? To honor mr Murphy? Does the public go? imagine the fandom if he brought his BF.
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/28/2013, 5:54 pm

ladydianab wrote:What is palyfest for? To honor mr Murphy? Does the public go? imagine the fandom if he brought his BF.

Well, the CrissColfer shippers sure would not like it.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/28/2013, 6:02 pm

^ they don't care. they will invent another excuse such as will is chris' whisker or something.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/28/2013, 6:06 pm

LOL! I think the term is "beard". Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/28/2013, 6:10 pm

i speak cat tongue. tonguue

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top