Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  bayth on 2/24/2013, 2:35 am

I hope that Chris gets to meet Gordon Ramsay. He's doing the meals for Eltons' Oscar Party.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/24/2013, 2:43 am

bayth wrote:I hope that Chris gets to meet Gordon Ramsay. He's doing the meals for Eltons' Oscar Party.
That would be an interesting meet.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 2/24/2013, 6:17 am

I didn't understand most of the things that guy said about Chris so I cannot say how accurate I think he was... What did he say about Chris?

I felt like I heard him say something about not putting heart into things he does and if he said that I don't think it is accurate. Then of course everyone know chris has a drive and I know that he warned Chris not to become bigheaded or something which I don't know why he had that to specify that in Chris's video because i think that's true about all people who become famous, especially the young ones. The thing I think he did right was about Chris conflicted personality (having a lot of personalties in him). But I really didn't understand the rest of the video.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 2/24/2013, 2:25 pm

To summarize my perceptions on my portable, this is what I got from the reading

Chris has a lot of drive, so much that he might think he needs to direct some relationships where he might be better served listening.

He has a old soul and has lived many lives, and this gives him a strong persona.

He will have a long, successful career, with a lot in television, perhaps Broadway.

His lifeline is strong.

He is ruled by his head, but needs to allow his heart to direct more.

In the next 5 years something is supposed to change and he needs to find what he loves and do that.

I listened last night, and that is what I remember off the top of my head.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 2/24/2013, 2:42 pm

Interesting. Thank you! I definitely understood some things incorrectly. But I am still rather skeptical how can anyone reads palms from pictures.

Looking forward that we hopefully get new pictures of Chris soon (for me tomorrow) from the Elton John party!
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/24/2013, 9:42 pm

Divalicious wrote:...

He has a old soul and has lived many lives, and this gives him a strong persona.

Umm this sounds like reincarnation to me.

He will have a long, successful career, with a lot in television, perhaps Broadway.

I bet he will. :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/25/2013, 1:03 am

nothing this guy said was substantive or anything we don't already know. the next five years is the key to his career because glee will end and he needs to establish himself solidly on his own in this industry. it's just common sense. all this "head" and "heart" are all vague terms to begin with. everybody has a mix of two and sometimes you really can't distinguish them. people make decisions based on a lot of things - rational reasoning, experience, advice of people around them, gut feelings... nobody is completely compulsive, and nobody is strictly without passion of any sort. I used to listen to how these fortune tellers talk, and then I kind of figured out the trick and started playing on other people too, and those people actually thought I had special abilities to foresee futures! no i don't. I just say the obvious, and the common sense stuff, but phrase them in ways that sound a bit mysterious.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 1:12 am

While I like what he said about Chris' drive, intelligence, lack of an ego and so on...I didn't get the part about Chris "finding what he really loves to do" in a couple of years and changing course. Chris has made clear since he was a child that he's always wanted to do the writing/acting/performing/filmmaking thing...and he's also said that now that he's broken into those industries, that'd he'd like to stay there. Also, of course Chris puts his heart into everything he does because he's passionate about it all. TLOS, SBL...they are all passion projects.

I like the part about the conflicting personalities. That's true for all of us, I think.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/26/2013, 2:32 am

why are you guys make such a big deal over what this guy said? he was just a mumbling old man who pretends to have some magical powers (that he doesn't actually have). Smile there's no point arguing w/ him. he doesn't know what he was doing.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 2:40 am

Well, I have had personal experiences with things like psychics and tarots cards that have startled me with their accuracy....especially with a psychic, who told me things (specific things) that they could not have known. Granted, I've never had a palm reading before...but I do believe in this sort of thing (but I know there are scams out there).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/26/2013, 2:43 am

my uncle claimed that he and his daughter both can read fortunes and that her daughter has some sort of super natural powers. He would never lie to us about this, but he might be very wrong. Soon after he told us that he died :( i guess he didn't read his own fortune.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 3:05 am

Have you ever tried contacting him from beyond?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/26/2013, 3:06 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Have you ever tried contacting him from beyond?
no. he never appeared in any of my dreams.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 3:08 am

Never? That sucks.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/26/2013, 8:29 am

As I said before: I've had some experiences with these kind of things that make me believe in their existence, and there's more out there than we can explain away by logic and science. However, that does not mean this particular palm reading is the real deal, but I wouldn't just dismiss it as nonsense right away either.
Anyway: regardless if this palm reading is legit or not: this man was very accurate in describing Chris (and Cory and Darren) imo, and it's interesting to discuss his findings, just for discussion's sake alone. fanny2

I like what he said of Chris having lived many lives and therefore having conflicting personalities in him. And although I think he's already doing what he loves (writing, acting, singing, producing), it could be that in a few years he'll want to pinpoint his talent more, or otoh keep doing everything at the same time but in a more structured, streamlined way, and thus find out what he loves the most.

I do believe that he's now mostly driven by his first desires (in creating and storytelling) and drive, to get the things out of his system that have been there a long time, to get the projects done he's been sitting and brooding on in his adolescence, now that he has the chance and doors are opening for him. There's been a sort of plie-up of projects he couldn't bring into fruitition because he was not famous.
Once he's got those out of the way and he is more secure that he's not a one hit sensation but here to stay, he can become more focused on the future instead of the past (as TLoS and SBL both are about his past, and the way he dealt with it). Maybe that's what this palm reader meant with following his heart in the future. saispa

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/26/2013, 1:48 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Have you ever tried contacting him from beyond?

Is that possible? I mean, some years ago when my grandfather passed away, my aunt called him in her prays, so once he appeared in her dreams. But personally I've never experienced that.

Glorfindel wrote:As I said before: I've had some experiences with these kind of things that make me believe in their existence, and there's more out there than we can explain away by logic and science. However, that does not mean this particular palm reading is the real deal, but I wouldn't just dismiss it as nonsense right away either.
Anyway: regardless if this palm reading is legit or not: this man was very accurate in describing Chris (and Cory and Darren) imo, and it's interesting to discuss his findings, just for discussion's sake alone. fanny2

I like what he said of Chris having lived many lives and therefore having conflicting personalities in him. And although I think he's already doing what he loves (writing, acting, singing, producing), it could be that in a few years he'll want to pinpoint his talent more, or otoh keep doing everything at the same time but in a more structured, streamlined way, and thus find out what he loves the most.

I do believe that he's now mostly driven by his first desires (in creating and storytelling) and drive, to get the things out of his system that have been there a long time, to get the projects done he's been sitting and brooding on in his adolescence, now that he has the chance and doors are opening for him. There's been a sort of plie-up of projects he couldn't bring into fruitition because he was not famous.
Once he's got those out of the way and he is more secure that he's not a one hit sensation but here to stay, he can become more focused on the future instead of the past (as TLoS and SBL both are about his past, and the way he dealt with it). Maybe that's what this palm reader meant with following his heart in the future. saispa

Like your post Marie. Also I believe that Chris knows what he wants in life, but as you pointed it seems that he's fulfilling his childhood and teenage dreams currently, but then when he's finally set in this business- though I think he already is, or not?- he will be more focused in the future. And who know what life brings to him.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 4:37 pm

Beautiful post, Marie. Personally, I hope Chris continues to do what he's doing: aka, going after everything all at once. He seems to love it all equally.

And Brisallie, sometimes when a departed loved one (this even includes animals) shows up in your dream, it's hard to tell whether the actual spirit is contacting you and letting you know they are okay, or if you are just dreaming about them...does that make sense? Other ways you can contact them are through an ouija board (which I never, ever recommend because it's dangerous) or through a psychic...a good psychic and not a scammer.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/26/2013, 8:44 pm

^
Did you use a ouija? It works? Once when I was a teen I thought to do that.

And I'm agree that's confusing when a departed loved one show off in your dreams. As you said, if his/her spirit or is my imagination? You know, my aunt told me that his dad told her she had to keep on with her life and don't hold on him.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 8:48 pm

Never, ever! I've heard the horror stories from people I know, however. Yes, it works...but it's not worth it, IMO. God knows what can come through.

See, I think that dream was an actual visit. Visits will have a message to send ("move on") or a feeling to convey ("I'm okay")...but dreams are just totally random and have nothing to offer the dreamer, if that makes sense.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/27/2013, 3:15 am

Chris is a 5th Annual Shorty Award Finalist in the Author category!

Author

• Vox Populi: izzynobre
  • Chris Colfer
  • John Green
  • J.K. Rowling
  • Andi Tenri Ayumaya
  • Kristen Johnston
Source
Winners will be chosen by the Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences and announced on April 8th
Here is a link to a video about what a Shorty Award is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CGOXvqTDghk
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/27/2013, 3:57 am

I hope Chris wins!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/27/2013, 4:10 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I hope Chris wins!
Same here.
Hope Chris is able to go. I expect he will take a certain someone if he did.
Though the way they aren't using him now on the show, I'm sure he'll have no trouble.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/27/2013, 4:30 am

Yes, he would take a certain someone! (and then the CrissColfer shippers would freak out even more!) Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/27/2013, 4:54 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Yes, he would take a certain someone! (and then the CrissColfer shippers would freak out even more!)
And I will rejoice.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/27/2013, 5:06 am

You and me both, honey! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down