2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/17/2013, 4:25 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

As New Directions members agree that they need more sensuality in their performances, it becomes clear how little they know abot sensuality to begin with. Gwyneth Paltrow and John Stamos guest star.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 2/17/2013, 5:13 pm

Finn and Mercedes thinking that cucumbers could give you AIDS is just spooky.

How does Brittany survive in life? Believing in Santa and that the stork brings babies?

Jazzercize!

Sex: it's just like hugging, only wetter. hehe.

"Do You Wanna Touch Me" was a nice performance for Gwyneth, but highly inappropriate for high school. But this is Gee.

Everybody has a random. (We know Blaine does).

I don't know who that person said they should do a medley of.

I love Sue with Klaine. "This is just how she talks." Sue's coffee was gross. I love Kurt's WTF faces.

A Puck/Lauren sex tape is something I don't need to see.

Yeah, Blaine. You're 100% gay with your flirty opening to Animal.

The best part of Animal are definitely Kurt's action and faces. I love head back and high kick on the platform.

I love Kurt's sexy faces. And I love his comments about watching "those kinds of movies."

Kiss was a good performance visually, but I don't like Matt or Gwyneth's voices onthe song.

I hate Blaine's conversation with Burt. It was inappropriate for him to go to him about the sex talk. And it was another example of Blaine giving Kurt advice and a message he didn't need (I'm talking about the courage and stand up to your bullies message that he gave Kurt when the first met). Kurt had asked Burt to get educated about gay sex in case he had questions so he could go to him if he had questions like any straight son in Blame It On the Alcohol. And Kurt obviously did go looking for some info about sex at some point since he came across "those movies." Blaine has always been disrespectful and demeaning to Kurt, hasn't he?

So funny hearing Blaine talking about having sex with a random guy. I wonder if Blaine used protection and had concern about STD's when he had sex with Eli a year and a half after this.

"Landslide" was good, but Gwyneth really sang too much in this episode. Her voice sounded nice with Naya's voice. You can see Santana's conflition over her sexuality in this performance.

"Afternoon Delight" was so cracktastic. The costumes are hysterical, and Emma's innocence is so cracktastic. Puck's expression are hysterical, too.

Chris and Mike both did an amazing job on the sex talk. Chris did such an amazing job of looking uncomfortable, but also showing that he is interested and wants to learn more. Burt's lines were right on the money. I love that he told Kurt not to throw himself around (too bad he threw himself into bed with his cheating ex two years after this talk--Burt needs to talk to his kid again).

There were so many inappropriate things about Holly's sex therapy with Emma and Carl. I can't believe Holly asked her about Will.

I still don't buy turning Santana into a lesbian, but I do think Naya did a nice job here. She showed how vulnerable she was over her sexuality.

Didn't have anything to say about the last few scene.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/17/2013, 7:37 pm

I really loved Naya's acting in this episode! This is the first ever episode in which I didn't loathe Santana's character. I really do love her softer moments and I wish she'd have more of them. Naya plays Santana's softer side so well.

Oh, God...innocent!baby Kurt! It really was adorable how he was so awkward about sex. Looking back at episodes like this, I cannot believe that sexy!Kurt from "I Do" is actually canon now! Much has changed in two years, huh?! I disagree about Burt needing to talk to Kurt again. As a 19 year old young adult who is no longer under his father's roof, I think Kurt has the right to be with whomever he wants to. It's okay to experiment and have fun...that is a part of growing up. I don't think it always shows a lack of self worth. BUT, I cannot stress this enough, he needs to be so careful. There are dangerous things that come along with sex. It's even worse for girls because they have to worry about pregnancy. But he still has to worry about STD's, rape...and so on. But I think that, as much as Blaine now sucks as a character, he at least was a somewhat "safe" option for Kurt to get off...you know? Although, for his sake, I hoped he used protection, seeing as Blaine screwed a lighthouse because he liked the attention so much.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 2/17/2013, 8:02 pm

If we compare how baby pinguin was back then, and how he covered up his ears like a little boy because he wasn't to hear Burt's speech about sex and how embarrased he was. And then see how he's in control of his sexuality today. Dammit! This boy has grown up.

Also I liked how Naya acted this episode, how it was explained why Santana was angry all the time, though she's still bitchy nowadays, but is her personality; but still we were able to see a softer side of her. To see she's a human being too.


Last edited by brisallie on 2/17/2013, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 2/17/2013, 8:04 pm

I know, right?!

I agree. I hate it when Santana is being mean to everyone, but I do love the more human moments.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 2/17/2013, 8:55 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The best part of Animal are definitely Kurt's action and faces. I love head back and high kick on the platform.
I love that high kick to.
For a baby penguin that move was quite sexy. I think Kurt always had it in him. hapitgh

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing on 2/17/2013, 10:04 pm

There is only one reason to watch this ep, and that is Burt's sex-ed talk with his son. Between Kurt doing the fingers in his ears and LALALA! and Burt trying to be so matter of fact when talking about sex with his son, I was in absolute stiches the whole time. Kurt was sitting there with a DO NOT WANT look on his face, and you could see that Burt was doing his damnest to avoid thinking about how gay boys fit tab A into slot B. And in the end, we get the talk that every kid should hear in their lives.

As for the rest, Blaine the inappropriate stricks again. How nice it must have been for Burt to be advised by this little snot nose to give his son the sex talk, and then to find two weeks later that said snot nose was dating his son. Yeah, that must gave gone over well.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 2/18/2013, 8:09 am

Ranwing wrote:There is only one reason to watch this ep, and that is Burt's sex-ed talk with his son. Between Kurt doing the fingers in his ears and LALALA! and Burt trying to be so matter of fact when talking about sex with his son, I was in absolute stiches the whole time. Kurt was sitting there with a DO NOT WANT look on his face, and you could see that Burt was doing his damnest to avoid thinking about how gay boys fit tab A into slot B. And in the end, we get the talk that every kid should hear in their lives.
That sex-ed talk was the highlight of the season. Both of them were uncomfortable at the start, but they both were even closer at the end. Kurt's reaction faces were hilarious at first, and then heartwarming as you could see that despite the whole do-not-want factor he appreciated the talk nonetheless. And Burt's sigh of relief after Kurt left was great!
One of the best acted scenes on Glee. Chris and Mike O'Malley are the best. wub

As for the rest, Blaine the inappropriate stricks again. How nice it must have been for Burt to be advised by this little snot nose to give his son the sex talk, and then to find two weeks later that said snot nose was dating his son. Yeah, that must gave gone over well.
When you keep future actions of Blaine in mind, like behaving like a horny ass twice when drunk and hooking up with a facebook random: in retrospect it all is quite improper and even creepy that Blaine lectured Burt that Kurt might get drunk someday and do something stupid.
Oh Glee. Rolling Eyes

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing on 2/18/2013, 12:49 pm

[quote="Glorfindel"]
Ranwing wrote:
As for the rest, Blaine the inappropriate stricks again. How nice it must have been for Burt to be advised by this little snot nose to give his son the sex talk, and then to find two weeks later that said snot nose was dating his son. Yeah, that must gave gone over well.
When you keep future actions of Blaine in mind, like behaving like a horny ass twice when drunk and hooking up with a facebook random: in retrospect it all is quite improper and even creepy that Blaine lectured Burt that Kurt might get drunk someday and do something stupid.
Oh Glee. Rolling Eyes

Blaine's behaviors really look even worse when you get everything in contexts of past and future behavior. A whole lot of hypocrasy wrapped up in a hobbit-sized oil spill.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 2/18/2013, 1:23 pm

^I think you just insulted the Shire folk. fanny2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing on 2/18/2013, 2:09 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I think you just insulted the Shire folk. fanny2

After sitting through The Hobbit, I feel entitled. vexe
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 2/18/2013, 6:08 pm

Ranwing wrote:After sitting through The Hobbit, I feel entitled. vexe
Haha, so true. Razz

(When I saw it I wanted to throw my 3D glasses at the screen on behalf of J.R.R. Tolkien.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing on 2/18/2013, 6:26 pm

I've dediced that this song needs to be Kurt's theme , since it's all about his greatest asset (that Blaine was too dense to notice). Yes, I made a pun and yes, I'm objectifying him again. Twisted Evil

Booty Man
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Divalicious on 2/19/2013, 2:46 pm

Celibacy club, three members. Holly saying information is power, and how uninformed they are about sex. The images they are exposed to. Sex isn't for kids or for adults per Emma.

Brittney thinking she is pregnant, and how quickly news spreads at McKinley. Brittney literally thinking that a stork brings babies. Really sad. I am glad no one else was shaking their head yes at her statement.

The giggling when Schue tries to talk about sex. Quinn not wanting to be paired up with Rachel. Yes, the girls are flipping "open" their shirts, the boys are just enjoying Gweneth Paltrow in tight leather pants. Wait, Puck did take his jacket off.

I liked Brittney's expression when Holly pointing out that when you sleep with someone you sleep with everyone they've slept with. I don't think her mouth skills go up that high.

Blaine meeting Sue for the first time. Blaine likes the idea of being sexy. Kurt not so much.

Emma getting to do her counter argument song to enforce celibacy.

Puck excited about getting with Lauren, I still miss their pairing. She humanized Puck, IMO.

All the girls fawning over Blaine, yes he passes, we all know that. Kurt being sexy is the funniest thing ever. I made my cats jump with my laughing. Kurt, you are so much more sexy when you don't try, which is all of the time, not including this song.

He was so Kurt fixing his hair, and then named himself a baby penguin.

Santana using Brittney for sex, and people finding this relationship a good one, shakes my head. Santana lied to her. I just can't get past it.

Holly pointing the child pornography issues with making a sex tape in a totally non-judgmental way with Puck and Lauren.

Santana saying she is attracted to guys and girls, but I guess they felt they could only have one bisexual character, and they made it Brittney.

Kurt practicing sexy faces, and his discomfort with the idea of sex. I loved his why would you get a tattoo "there!!" line. Kurt likes romance, and actually telling his crush to leave so he doesn't have to deal with sexy talk was so telling.

Mistake making Kiss a tango, the tango was fine, the singing not so much. Holly thinking it wouldn't work out with Will. Good point, he married his high school sweet heart and then dated a virgin.

Blaine still being dapper, encouraging having a sex talk with Kurt. Burt is happy that Kurt isn't looking for more information on sex. It was nice scene only for the aspect that Blaine envied Kurt and Burt's relationship, and thought Burt should break through Kurt's ignorance and fear, so he could be safe.

Landslide was a nice song, but you always get more from Santana in these scenes. I just wish they acknowledged her manipulations of Brittney and her disrespect of her intellect, despite the times she calls her a genius in other episodes. That she finds breakfast confusing. Never any guilt. A guy would have been crucified for similar behavior. Oh well.

Only Sam didn't know that Santana was basically coming out during that song.

Puck joining the celibacy club because of almost doing the sex tape. Uncle Jesse, umm, Carl, you were sadly misused on Glee. He really fit, and I wish they could have kept it. Emma not knowing about what Afternoon Delight is about. Poor, poor frustrated Carl, trying to make his marriage work.

And then the awesomest of awesome scenes. The sex talk. Kurt's impending doom expression. "It's going to suck for both of us." Hehe. Pamphlets about mechanics, but Burt explaining the emotions involved made it special. Kurt was so very gorgeous in that scene. Burt thinking Kurt should wait for him to be 30 before he has sex, the little smile on Kurt's face was cute. For most of the conversation Kurt is kind of looking sideways during the talk because of the embarrassment, until at the end when Burt says he matters, then he looks directly at Burt. Then he thanks his father, for the talk and the toast.

Carl tried so hard to make things work. Holly comes out and asks about how Emma feels about Will. Carl regaining his own pride and dumping Emma on her ass. I liked Holly mocking Emma, I am so mean.

Santana is a bitch because she is angry, because she has feelings that she is afraid of dealing with. That she wants to be with Brittney, but her fear about being treated like Kurt keeps her hiding. Kurt is so much braver than Santana on her best day, I am sorry, that is how I see it.

Brittney wanting to stay with Artie, because she loves him also. Hmm, she loves Santana, Artie and now Sam, so very much. Santana not respecting that because Artie is a boy and his emotions don't matter.

Puck making his change, and Lauren respected that. The celibacy club is getting bigger, with a lot of people in relationships. Quinn with her insane focus about being Prom Queen continues.

Trying to Finn Proof a dance, good try Schuester. Holly saying goodbye, her own evaluation of her life, that she wants to learn about romance. I could see she knew with Emma free that Will would likely be going towards her right quick. But Will doesn't know yet. Big kiss.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x15 "Sexy" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum