Animes and mangas you love

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 Empty Re: Animes and mangas you love

Post  Emile on 4/14/2012, 3:15 pm

brisallie wrote:
Emile wrote:^^Don't worry, I can understand you, I have the complete serie of the manga. Laughing

What?! But is expensive! At least where I live it is :(

Spoiler:
If you read the whole manga, don't you find strange the relationship between a teacher and a 9 years old girl? I remember in the finale manga comes out the "romance" between the teacher- insert name- and Sakura's classmate- insert name-. I don't even remember if this was mentioned in the anime
Oh no, consider that the serie is composed only by 12 numbers (that I haven't bought all together lol) and each volume cost more or less 2 Euro, so like 2,6 Dollars. At least here is not so much for a manga. There are series of wich each number cost something like 7 Dollars. Shocked Definitely too much!

Spoiler:
Oh God, yes! It was strange indeed! There are a lot of teacher-student stories in mangas/animes (for Japanese fetish businessmen ...no I'm kidding haha), and I mean, she wasn't a girl, she acted like an old woman; even if their relationship at first seems purely platonic, the faces that the teacher made when he met her gaze during classes remembered me that she was only 9 (!!) and it was definitely absurd.
--------------------
The anime is completely different, the plot is developed in different ways and there are characters that do not exist in the manga (like Shaoran annoying cousin).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/14/2012, 7:00 pm

@Emile, talking about strange relationships in anime and this news is for Shinra as well; you know that some episodes of Sailor Moon has been forbidden in a TV channel of my country because of the relationship between Haruka and Michiru ohmy tonguue WTF?

On a note side: I'm little disappointed now because some of my friends are unable to go to my birthday party, maybe I'm acting like a child but I can't avoid to feel this :( I'm too emotional sometimes.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 4/14/2012, 8:41 pm

brisallie wrote:@Emile, talking about strange relationships in anime and this news is for Shinra as well; you know that some episodes of Sailor Moon has been forbidden in a TV channel of my country because of the relationship between Haruka and Michiru ohmy tonguue WTF?

I was always creeper out by that old man in Dragon Ball, I think it's called that. I didn't watch it because I was too old when it started to air but the reruns were at like 7 am when I was getting ready for school so I inadvertently caught a few scenes. The guy kept trying to look under girls skirts and trying to make them take of their clouts. It was really bizarre. But since then I have realized that a lot of them have head-scratching situations. That is why I like horror and action ones best. Nothing like little Hellsing, Death Note, Code Geass and Noir to brighten your day.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 Sig11

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 212
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/15/2012, 6:32 am

tanita_mors wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Emile, talking about strange relationships in anime and this news is for Shinra as well; you know that some episodes of Sailor Moon has been forbidden in a TV channel of my country because of the relationship between Haruka and Michiru ohmy tonguue WTF?

I was always creeper out by that old man in Dragon Ball, I think it's called that. I didn't watch it because I was too old when it started to air but the reruns were at like 7 am when I was getting ready for school so I inadvertently caught a few scenes. The guy kept trying to look under girls skirts and trying to make them take of their clouts. It was really bizarre. But since then I have realized that a lot of them have head-scratching situations. That is why I like horror and action ones best. Nothing like little Hellsing, Death Note, Code Geass and Noir to brighten your day.
Oh, the one with the turtle shell? Haha, I didn't really care about him. And was not much worse than other anime characters, like those with the nosebleeds. Oy. Razz

I've never seen Noir, is it worth it? But Death Note was awesome, both the anime and the manga, and I really liked Code Geass as well.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 6:33 am

tanita_mors wrote:I was always creeper out by that old man in Dragon Ball, I think it's called that. I didn't watch it because I was too old when it started to air but the reruns were at like 7 am when I was getting ready for school so I inadvertently caught a few scenes. The guy kept trying to look under girls skirts and trying to make them take of their clouts. It was really bizarre. But since then I have realized that a lot of them have head-scratching situations. That is why I like horror and action ones best. Nothing like little Hellsing, Death Note, Code Geass and Noir to brighten your day.
Master Roshi aka Kame Sen'nin. He is an archetype rather common in shonen manga, the dirty perverted old man who can turn into a fierce warrior when the situation calls for it. Lot of leading character in shonen manga have this dichotomy, being very powerful and gifted in one field and very weak in another (generally, they are complete idiots: Luffy, Natsu, Naruto or childish and perverted)

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 Banniere---75449-31b6eb9
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 6:44 am

Haven't watched sailor moon (although I know about the guy Tuxedo kamen sth lol), they are 2 girls?

Emile wrote:I've never seen Noir, is it worth it? But Death Note was awesome, both the anime and the manga, and I really liked Code Geass as well.
I have dropped Noir and Code Geass chuut . Actually, I know that Noir has a very good reputation, I just need at least one man among the leading characters Laughing . And as for Code Geass, it came out at a time I was a bit bored with the Clamp style. But I love Death Note and the character Kira/Light Yagami ("I'm a gay" if you read his name in reverse Smile )
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/15/2012, 6:53 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Emile wrote:I've never seen Noir, is it worth it? But Death Note was awesome, both the anime and the manga, and I really liked Code Geass as well.
I have dropped Noir and Code Geass chuut . Actually, I know that Noir has a very good reputation, I just need at least one man among the leading characters Laughing . And as for Code Geass, it came out at a time I was a bit bored with the Clamp style. But I love Death Note and the character Kira/Light Yagami ("I'm a gay" if you read his name in reverse Smile )
Ohhhh no, I really, really love CLAMP style. But I can understand, a friend of mine hates their 'design' because she says that the human figures are disproportionate.

I love Elle. Embarassed
Hahaha, probably the only thing that I like about Light is his last name in reverse.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 8:09 am

^ As far as I'm concerned, it's not the figure (face?) but its the arms and the legs which are incredibly long. I've seen all the Tsubasa Chronicle and XXXHolic episodes/OAV/movies and I've dealt with it. I guess it wasn't the right time for me when Code Geass began to air lol.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/15/2012, 8:29 am

Shinra17 wrote:^ As far as I'm concerned, it's not the figure (face?) but its the arms and the legs which are incredibly long. I've seen all the Tsubasa Chronicle and XXXHolic episodes/OAV/movies and I've dealt with it. I guess it wasn't the right time for me when Code Geass began to air lol.
The term "figure" does not include the whole body? Why I'm still trusting the online translator? lol
The arms and the legs is what she mean as well.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/15/2012, 8:42 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Haven't watched sailor moon (although I know about the guy Tuxedo kamen sth lol), they are 2 girls?

Shinra! Sailor Moon is a classic anime! But if you haven't watched this's Haruka:
Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 220px-Sailoruranus

and this's Michiru
Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 Sailorneptune

@ Tanita, Shinra have already replied you what type of character is Roshi, but he's not the only old man who's perverted, there's Happosai from Ranma who likes to steal women's lingerie blinkk

@Emile, I love Clamp style too. There're one of my favorites mangakas.

Last edited by brisallie on 4/15/2012, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 4/15/2012, 8:44 am

Noir if VERY female heavy, and it starts a bit slow, but gets super interesting. I only thing I hated was the far to frequent repetition of that gold watch/locked music scene number in the first episodes. But, the show has probably the best score I have ever heard in an anime. "Canta per me" and "Solva Nos" are exceptional songs.

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 Noir

The series follows the story of two young female assassins, the Corsican Mireille Bouquet and the Japanese amnesiac Yumura Kirika, who embark together on a personal journey to seek answers about mysteries concerning their past. While at first they seem to be only vaguely related to each other, there are clues and hints given throughout the series that there is more going on behind the scenes than at first glance.

In their journey to learn more about Yumura's lost memories and her connection to Bouquet, the two form an alliance and begin performing assassinations under the code name "Noir." During the course of the series, they are lured into more and more traps by a secret organization named Les Soldats ("The Soldiers" in French). Les Soldats are a secret organization that has been a part, yet separate group of humanity. It is this hidden group that created and once completely controlled the deadly duo "Noir." Each time that Les Soldats soldiers are sent to kill Bouquet and Yumura, it is considered a test as to whether or not the young women are suitable to carry the title "Noir."

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Animes and mangas you love - Page 2 Code+geass+r2

The series is set in an alternative present where the world is split into three superpowers, Britannia, The Chinese Federation, and the Euro Universe (EU). The story takes place after the Holy Britannian Empire's conquest on Japan in August 10, 2010 a.t.b., by means of Britannia's newest weapon, the "Armored Autonomous Knight", or Knightmare Frame. In turn, Britannia effectively strips Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renames the country Area 11 with its citizens referred to as Elevens.

Lelouch Lamperouge, the series' protagonist, is an exiled Britannian prince who was sent as a hostage to Japan, along with his sister Nunnally Lamperouge, by his father, Emperor Charles zi Britannia, after his mother, Marianne vi Britannia, was murdered. He then vows to obliterate Britannia. Seven years later, Lelouch meets a girl known as C.C. who, in order to save his life, makes a contract with him. Lelouch then gains a power called Geass (ギアス, giasu?), also known as the Power of the King (王の力, Ō no Chikara?), allowing him to command anyone to do what he wants, bending their will to live, fight, die, and follow orders – though only if he has direct eye contact with his target. With this new power and his natural intelligence, Lelouch sets out to find the person who killed his mother and to make a better world for his sister, Nunnally. He becomes the leader of the resistance movement known as The Black Knights, who wage war on Britannia. As the Black Knights' leader he takes on an alter-ego called Zero, gaining popular support among the Japanese people on his way towards rebellion.

Descriptions copied form Wikipedia because I'm too lazy to write you my own. tongue2

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/15/2012, 8:47 am

@ Tanita, Code Geass looks so Clamp Style o.o I see the poster and it reminds me so much old animes from them. Are they the mangakas?

PS: these latest comments shouldn't be translated to the anime thread ?

Last edited by brisallie on 4/15/2012, 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 4/15/2012, 8:50 am

Are they the managakas?

Honey, you're speaking Greek to me. I like watching anime and know some terms used in the community but I am by no means an expert like you or Shinra17. So, simple English please.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/15/2012, 8:53 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Are they the managakas?

Honey, you're speaking Greek to me. I like watching anime and know some terms used in the community but I am by no means an expert like you or Shinra17. So, simple English please.

A misspelling mistake. Tanita I'm asking you if Clamp are the authors of the anime? Mangaka is the name given to those people who draw manga or in english japanese cartoon.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 4/15/2012, 8:56 am

According to Wikipedia
Code Geass, is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi, and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, with original character designs by manga authors Clamp

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 9:00 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Are they the managakas?

Lol! I don't know why but I thought about some kind of food or bird when I read "managaka" Razz .
Mangaka is the word used for the author of mangas and Clamp is a collectif of 4 female mangaka Wink

(You can continue discussing it here, I'll move these posts in the anime/manga thread later)

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/15/2012, 9:30 am

tanita_mors wrote:According to Wikipedia
Code Geass, is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi, and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, with original character designs by manga authors Clamp

Thanks Tanita and wiki for the answer Razz

Shinra17 wrote:
Lol! I don't know why but I thought about some kind of food or bird when I read "managaka" Razz .
Mangaka is the word used for the author of mangas and Clamp is a collectif of 4 female mangaka Wink

(You can continue discussing it here, I'll move these posts in the anime/manga thread later)

Razz What a misspelling mistake can made! Maybe is too early Shinra and you're hungry.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 12:01 pm

brisallie wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
Shinra! Sailor Moon is a classic anime! But if you haven't watched this's Haruka:

and this's Michiru
lol I know this anime by name and a little about the general plot, after all it's one of the anime that can be considered as the "mother" of all the mahô shôjo genre (magical girls). I remember having seen a scene where the main character (blond girl) made something stupid and her parents punished her by not letting her into the house, so she had to stand at the door in her ridiculous outfit for hours Razz . But I didn't know there was a lesbian couple among the characters. Nowadays, it's something so common in anime, I just finished one serie (Inu x Boku secret service) and started a new one (Haiyore Nyaruko-san), both of them are set in fantasy worlds with magic and monsters and both of them have a female character attracted to females.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/15/2012, 12:25 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:

and this's Michiru
lol I know this anime by name and a little about the general plot, after all it's one of the anime that can be considered as the "mother" of all the mahô shôjo genre (magical girls). I remember having seen a scene where the main character (blond girl) made something stupid and her parents punished her by not letting her into the house, so she had to stand at the door in her ridiculous outfit for hours Razz . But I didn't know there was a lesbian couple among the characters. Nowadays, it's something so common in anime, I just finished one serie (Inu x Boku secret service) and started a new one (Haiyore Nyaruko-san), both of them are set in fantasy worlds with magic and monsters and both of them have a female character attracted to females.

But those animes are considered yuri or are just maho shojo as Sailor Moon?

Going back to Sailor Moon, the lead character Usagi (or Serena) at the beginning is a weeping and awkward 14 years old girl who suddenly became into a Sailor Senshi- I warn you that I used to be a huge fan- so is common for her to be punished by her parents tonguue

I remember when Haruka and Michiru were introduced, the first one was wearing men clothing, so girls thought he was a boy and then they were shocked when found out that was a girl actually Razz

At the beginning of this video is the scene I'm talking about:
Haruka Sailor Moon

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 12:35 pm

brisallie wrote:But those animes are considered yuri or are just maho shojo as Sailor Moon?

Going back to Sailor Moon, the lead character Usagi (or Serena) at the beginning is a weeping and awkward 14 years old girl who suddenly became into a Sailor Senshi- I warn you that I used to be a huge fan- so is common for her to be punished by her parents tonguue

I remember when Haruka and Michiru were introduced, the first one was wearing men clothing, so girls thought he was a boy and then they were shocked when found out that was a girl actually Razz

At the beginning of this video is the scene I'm talking about:
Haruka Sailor Moon
None of them, I think. Yuri no for sure, in both case, it concerns a secondary character. The first one is rather kind of mystery and supernatural genre. As for the second, it's closer to the maho shojo genre but the girls don't jump in the air to make their "outfit transformation" (just thinking about it, it reminds me of all the parody anime about this Razz ).
Thx for the link, going to watch it now, if flash doesn't crash as it usually does on my PC.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 12:44 pm

brisallie wrote:At the beginning of this video is the scene I'm talking about:
Haruka Sailor Moon
Just watched it. Is it true what the commentator say, that in the original serie, the 2 of them are not related and it is the American version that set that they're cousins to explain their closeness? lol, no wonder they would censore the scenes between them because now they have to deal with an incest situation Lmao!!!

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/15/2012, 12:59 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Just watched it. Is it true what the commentator say, that in the original serie, the 2 of them are not related and it is the American version that set that they're cousins to explain their closeness? lol, no wonder they would censore the scenes between them because now they have to deal with an incest situation Lmao!!!

I knew you was gonna notice that "detail".

ptdr They make it worse! American version tried to avoid all of this lesbianism drama but at the end became into an incest lesbian relationship. Is so funny and also they were so stupid!

But in latinamerican version they're not cousins, they're just "good" friends.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 4/15/2012, 1:11 pm

Peeping in just to express my love for Death Note, especially for Raito Yagami. I think, though, that when his arch-nemesis L died, the series declined. Ah! Does anyone know Samurai 7? I love it!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/15/2012, 1:14 pm

paulopf wrote:Peeping in just to express my love for Death Note, especially for Raito Yagami. I think, though, that when his arch-nemesis L died, the series declined. Ah! Does anyone know Samurai 7? I love it!
Preach.
And I'm not biased at all.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/15/2012, 1:20 pm

^ cos you're a fan of L? I prefered N(ear), he was cuter lol.

paulopf wrote:Peeping in just to express my love for Death Note, especially for Raito Yagami. I think, though, that when his arch-nemesis L died, the series declined. Ah! Does anyone know Samurai 7? I love it!
I have seen the whole serie, I don't remember it well but at least I should have liked it since I didn't dropped it lol! Just remember that my favorite character in it was the blond guy ^^.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next