Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2013, 10:37 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Some Klainers are reaching an all-new low, and posting such nasty hateful things on Oliver's facebook. :( Thankfully a lot of people are trying to drown them out with positive comments (and, to mock them, Oliver's page is steadily getting more and more and more likes so his amount of fans are increasing). I don't understand why people send hate directly to actors like this, from him to Grant to Chris to whomever, it's not like he's actually Adam, he's just doing his job. *sigh*

MoviesAreLife wrote:Are they really doing that? Wow. The Klainers are really making themselves look so bad right now...like a bunch of spoiled brats. Do they really think that this type of behavior is going to force RM to listen to them? NO! I think the showrunners are getting sick of this mob. It's a shame that the immature ones are drowning out the more mature, level headed ones. They are giving themselves such a bad rep...

I say, let them implode and destroy themselves from the inside out. And to think I used to be a Klainer...

It is unfortunate that there are people who are posting negative and hateful things on Oliver's facebook page. I don't care if people don't like Oliver and/or Adam, but there really is no need for them to bring it to Oliver like this.

I think everyone here knows that I'm not a Darren/Blaine fan (though I once was), but I know there are people out there who love Darren as much as I love Chris. While I'll be critical of Darren's performance and Blaine's character here, and I'll even tweet my disappointment with Blaine to RIB. But I would never tweet Darren to tell him I don't like him or Blaine, and I wouldn't go on Darren's facebook or website or whatever to be negative about him.

Bottom line is, stuff like facebook and twitter and websites are places for celebrities to interact with their fans. If you don't like them, stay away from their pages and let the celebrity and the fans enjoy that interaction.

I hope that Oliver has a thick skin and can ignore the haters. He has been very generous with his posting direct replies to fans (he's responded to me several times), and he seems like a decent guy.

If you have facebook, and you enjoy Oliver, please consider liking Oliver's Official Facebook page. And please consider posting a positive message to Oliver if you like him. It would be nice to fill his page with so much love that he doesn't even notice the haters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing 1/26/2013, 10:41 pm

As far as my feelings about Kadam as a pairing go, even if Kurt and Adam never become romantically involved on the show, I will always feel enormous fondness for Adam for this and this alone.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao4_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao2_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao5_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao3_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao11_r1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao6_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao7_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao8_250

For so long, even those who were Kurt's friends and cared about Kurt mocked his masculinity, discounted his abilities as an actor and basically wrote him off. Adam is the first to come along to immediately decide that Kurt was more than able to play an iconic male role and compared him to a beloved iconic actor who never had any questions about his masculinity despite the fact that he had been a very pretty young man when his started in Hollywood. With Adam there was no "you're talented, but..." that Kurt has gotten for so long. So whatever the Kadam relationship turns out to be - mentor/mentee, freindship of romantic - I'll be happy with it because finally someone is telling Kurt that his dreams aren't futile.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/26/2013, 10:54 pm

Spot on, Ranwing. Even those who like/love Kurt have a tendency to perceive him in this little box. Even his father, who comes from a protective stance, feels that Kurt has some limitations that he needs to work around, like writing his own plays etc. Adam is the absolute first to my mind to fully support Kurt in all he can do. That is why I want Adam to stay, not to put Blainers down, not to put Klainers down, but simply to have someone in Kurt's corner who seems to believe Kurt can do whatever he wants, and finds him attractive doing it.

Ever since Kurt started dating Blaine we've gotten some cute moments, some attraction, an excellent first kiss, at least initially, but for the most part you come away from their scenes with the feeling that Kurt is lucky to get Blaine, and should be happy with just that. No matter what else he lost out on, he had a hot boyfriend. That attitude soured me towards the relationship more than anything else. Romantic relationships are great, but personal fulfillment is a huge thing, because that belongs to Kurt only, and he wasn't getting that. Why does Blaine get a gorgeous, intelligent, talented boyfriend, and still have the expectation to get everything else as well? Just unequal.

It will be interesting to see how Rachel behaves when she discovers that the guy Kurt likes leads the bottom of the social heap. I think initially, with her new found desire for all things popular, she will protest, despite the fact that Adam treats Kurt extremely well. Perhaps when her eyes open, she will realize that she's given up some of her own spark to maintain her current level in NYADA society. While Kurt is having a blast with the Apples. Does being popular really bring her that much happiness? That should be her main lesson, and hopefully the writers actually let her remember one of her lessons.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/26/2013, 11:05 pm

i couldn't care less what other people say about us, or me, or our board. I am here because I feel at home, and I can say whatever I want to. I am not here to please anyone but myself. I don't care if everybody else here disagree w/ me. as long as the mods aren't erasing everything I write I will keep on posting. to hell w/ the naysayers - i don't even know them.

Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2013, 11:21 pm

fantastica wrote:i couldn't care less what other people say about us, or me, or our board. I am here because I feel at home, and I can say whatever I want to. I am not here to please anyone but myself. I don't care if everybody else here disagree w/ me. as long as the mods aren't erasing everything I write I will keep on posting. to hell w/ the naysayers - i don't even know them.

Razz

You should be caring about pleasing me. Wink

Where is that delete button?

Power is a wonderful thing to abuse. I kid, I kid (or do I).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/26/2013, 11:43 pm

Just FYI: I just got a very nasty death threat because of some of my posts here and on Glee Forum after 4x11. :(

And yes, that definitely was a Blarrenstan. :angry:

I know there are some very sane and friendly Klainers, and I understand they don't like all the negativity others are telling about their fandom, but boy..... maybe they should find themselves another name to seperate them from the Klainers (or should I say Blainers?) that spoil it for everyone, for us and for those nice Klainers.

Jeez, this is just a tv show. No

- Don't send hate to actors for something they cannot control.
- Don't send hate on tumblr and tag it with the tags of other ships, characters or actors.
- Don't send hate and death threats to people who don't like what you like.
- Don't send hate, period.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/26/2013, 11:54 pm

Divalicious wrote:It will be interesting to see how Rachel behaves when she discovers that the guy Kurt likes leads the bottom of the social heap. I think initially, with her new found desire for all things popular, she will protest, despite the fact that Adam treats Kurt extremely well. Perhaps when her eyes open, she will realize that she's given up some of her own spark to maintain her current level in NYADA society. While Kurt is having a blast with the Apples. Does being popular really bring her that much happiness? That should be her main lesson, and hopefully the writers actually let her remember one of her lessons.

Looking back at Rachels history, it's pretty clear that she very much wanted to be the most popular girl in school (and being a star all ties into that basic desire to be highly regarded and adored). I always had the feeling that a good part of her resentment towards Quinn was because she wanted to be Quinn and have all the trappings of popularity that went along with her position at school (and that included Finn). I have to imagine that her senior year of high school had to be a pretty heady experience for Rachel because she did obtain everything that Quinn had had. She had the handsome, popular jock (who was now her fiance). She had been the lead in the school musical and in their winning National performance. She was named Prom Queen (and had no idea that it was a pity gift from Quinn and Santana and not because she was actually well thought of by the other students). And she got into NYADA.

Now she's got her NYADA experiences piled on top of all that - no consequences from being a complete pill in her dance class all semester, getting the handsome, popular upper classman boyfriend, and winning the Winter Showcase. She's got to feel like the hottest thing ever, and it's no surprise that 1) she's getting a seriously swelled head and 2) is looking down on a group that doesn't meet her lofty standards. There was a reviewer who said it best - Rachel was always a smug little bitch but now she feels ample justification being a smug little bitch. Rachel always said nasty things and looked down on others as much as Quinn did but she was ignored because she didn't have the social position at McKinley to make her comments count. But at NYADA where she's now moved into the upper echelons? Now her opinions matter and she knows now that she'll be listened to.

Obviously networking a college helps one in their career after college, but I think it's a huge mistake for Rachel to discount the members of the Apples simply because the club isn't highly regarded. You never can tell who can help your career later one. You don't have to be best friends with everyone, but not going out of your way to be a total asshole isn't necessarily a bad idea.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 12:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:Just FYI: I just got a very nasty death threat because of some of my posts here and on Glee Forum after 4x11. :(

This shit is getting out of hand.

What forum/venue did it happen on? I'm hoping that person got reported (or at least slammed by other posters. But jez... these Blaine/Darren stans are a bunch of spoiled children and are completely out of control. Some of them have been posting positively ugly stuff on Oliver's Facebook page and we know they've been a huge pain to Chris. And Darren has not helped matters by catering to their delusions the way he does.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/27/2013, 12:08 am

I would like to see Rachel get knocked down a peg or two. She's a sweet girl overall, and she's my second favorite character. She does let things go to her head too easily, and this snobby, hypocritical attitude of hers against the college showchoir is pissing me off a little bit. I really don't like it at all.

And a death threat?! What is wrong with people?? Just because someone doesn't like what you like is no reason to threaten them! That really shows what kind of people they are: immature as hell and threatened by another point of view. You'd think they'd want to have Klaine broken up for good, seeing as they think Kurt is so inferior to their perfect Blaine...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 12:10 am

i am so sorry to hear that Marie. Even though you don't really have to worry about your personal safety (these people don't know you and can't reach you in person) I know it's very upsetting. But please do not stop or you will be sending them the wrong massage, that violent threats can lead to desirable results for them. These people are the worst bullies - in real life and online. they remind me of totalitarian governments (and religious institutions) all over the world who would intimidate and punish anybody who dare to disagree w/ their official decree. This is such an ugly part of humanity. Unfortunately it's probably deep within our genes (Chimps do that to each other too). So all we can do is stand our ground. We will not be shut up, or shut down.

I kind of protect myself by avoiding hostile places and I rarely go to twitters. I basically use twitter to do some important business like tweeting about chris/kurt/adam etc. and then I don't go there for months. I am not even familiar w/ twitter so I have no idea if anybody EVER tweeted to me. If someone is sending me death threats I won't see, so it will never bother me. Oh, and my twitter account is associated w/ a junk mail email account that I never check. tonguue In other words, I am untouchable, and invinsible! Smile those bastards would have to come this board to harrass me, and i will make sure they get deleted before I see it. Razz

Last edited by fantastica on 1/27/2013, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 12:11 am

Glorfindel wrote:Just FYI: I just got a very nasty death threat because of some of my posts here and on Glee Forum after 4x11. :(

I know there are some very sane and friendly Klainers, and I understand they don't like all the negativity others are telling about their fandom, but boy..... maybe they should find themselves another name to seperate them from the Klainers (or should I say Blainers?) that spoil it for everyone, for us and for those nice Klainers.

Jeez, this is just a tv show. No

- Don't send hate to actors for something they cannot control.
- Don't send hate on tumblr and tag it with the tags of other ships, characters or actors.
- Don't send hate and death threats to people who don't like what you like.
- Don't send hate, period.

Sorry to hear this Marie. It's sad that they have to be that way.

These kids need to realize that we don't have to like everything. These kids need to realize that it's all right for people not to like their idol.

Just do your best to ignore them, Marie. I know it's hard (since I've taken some hate in the past 24 hours since the tweet), but it's just not time wasting your time worrying about people who just don't matter. Hang in there. Hugs, my friend.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 12:13 am

hugs for Marie and all of my friends on this board!

squeeeeze!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 12:46 am

Thanks everyone. wub
I'm so glad we have this nice community.

Ranwing wrote:
What forum/venue did it happen on?
Not here, not GF, nor any other forum they needed to identify themselves. Anonymous, alas.
They contacted me another, quite unusual way, via email, and used a fake/ghost email account. (and that must have taken them some time to find out and contemplate)
-ETA- I only use that email account for my Glorfindel activities, such as the forums, photobucket, twitter and such. I guess they found me that way.

Jellyrolls wrote:
Just do your best to ignore them, Marie. I know it's hard (since I've taken some hate in the past 24 hours since the tweet), but it's just not time wasting your time worrying about people who just don't matter. Hang in there. Hugs, my friend.
Thank you. And I know you got some heat as well for that tweet. Hugs back. bisou
I'd almost write 'COURAGE' if I didn't know that wouldn't go down well here, lol. tonguue

No, but seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Evil or Very Mad
I hope it has gotten to the point that the scale tips and these fans lose all sympathy from their own fandom. So that other people will not take this sort of crap anymore and clean out their own nests as much as possible.
Ignoring and blocking can be a powerful tool in this.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 1:05 am

Marie, I am so sorry. I'm really amazed that this moronic children would go to those lengths to harass you. It's really sad when you consider what the anonymity of the internet allows people to do. They'll say things on line that they'd never have the guts to say if their real identities had to be revealed.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/27/2013, 1:13 am

ColferGirl wrote:Some Klainers are reaching an all-new low, and posting such nasty hateful things on Oliver's facebook. :(

More evidence that some people are incapable of differentiating fantasy from reality, and actors from their characters.

For them to be so desperate, panicky and offensive over Adam/Oliver, something tells me that they're quite aware how much of a non-character Blaine is without Kurt; and how much of a better actor Oliver is compared with DC. They really feel threatened. I don't understand why they're feeling so threatened though. Blaine/DC's inexplicable golden boy status on Glee seems to be as steady as ever; and RM is so blatantly pro-Klaine.

Jellyrolls wrote:I'm not surprised to hear that some tumblr folks are being negative about this forum after my tweet.

Avoid tumblr at all costs. Noted suure

Yikes. This person had sent death threats to your email? What is wrong with these cyber bullies?

Hang in there, Marie. If there's something we can do to help (such as sending virtual hugs your way), let us know.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 1565204416

Last edited by Delight on 1/27/2013, 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 1:21 am

I am not sure these are all "kids", but some people never grow up. internet bullying is really serious consider many high profile suicide cases involved internet bullying. The good thing is that these threats are merely fluff. Nobody really knows Marie in her real life, so she is safe.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/27/2013, 2:15 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Not here, not GF, nor any other forum they needed to identify themselves. Anonymous, alas.
They contacted me another, quite unusual way, via email, and used a fake/ghost email account. (and that must have taken them some time to find out and contemplate)
-ETA- I only use that email account for my Glorfindel activities, such as the forums, photobucket, twitter and such. I guess they found me that way.

Wow, that's so awful. I can't believe they'd go so far as to find out your email somehow, practically stalk you. I'm so sorry Marie. :( I'd be a little afraid if crazy stans found my real email, I hope you're doing okay. bisou

I mean, clearly we're all very passionate about Chris (and Kurt) or else we wouldn't be here, and at one time, we were all very passionate about Glee (some of us still are). But I just don't understand why Klaine means that much to some of these Klainers, enough to be willing to walk all over other people's feelings and threaten them and hurt them. It's fine to be passionate about something you love, but that's no longer passion. It's psychotic. Unhealthy, dangerously obsessive. They need to calm down. The world will keep turning whether or not Klaine become a couple again (and lucky for them, they most probably will). The world will keep turning if people have different opinions than them. The world will keep turning if not everyone likes Blaine or Klaine. Same with any other character or ship....I just don't get it.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/27/2013, 2:39 am

ColferGirl wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Wow, that's so awful. I can't believe they'd go so far as to find out your email somehow, practically stalk you. I'm so sorry Marie. :( I'd be a little afraid if crazy stans found my real email, I hope you're doing okay. bisou

I mean, clearly we're all very passionate about Chris (and Kurt) or else we wouldn't be here, and at one time, we were all very passionate about Glee (some of us still are). But I just don't understand why Klaine means that much to some of these Klainers, enough to be willing to walk all over other people's feelings and threaten them and hurt them. It's fine to be passionate about something you love, but that's no longer passion. It's psychotic. Unhealthy, dangerously obsessive. They need to calm down. The world will keep turning whether or not Klaine become a couple again (and lucky for them, they most probably will). The world will keep turning if people have different opinions than them. The world will keep turning if not everyone likes Blaine or Klaine. Same with any other character or ship....I just don't get it.

Great post. I agree,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/27/2013, 2:46 am

Any surprise Gotye had to retract his opinion last year ?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/27/2013, 2:49 am

Buenos wrote:Any surprise Gotye had to retract his opinion last year ?
Who is Gotye?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/27/2013, 4:04 am

Hmm. Good point. Maybe I'm not giving these Blarren stans enough credit. They know exactly how much power they have by their 'harass until I get what I want' practices. It's frustrating to see their bullying behaviour rewarded.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/27/2013, 4:16 am

Delight wrote:

Hmm. Good point. Maybe I'm not giving these Blarren stans enough credit. They know exactly how much power they have by their 'harass until I get what I want' practices. It's frustrating to see their bullying behaviour rewarded.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/27/2013, 4:26 am

I'm sorry that some idiot has made you their focus, Glorfindel. It is far to easy to be a bully in this anonymous internet world, as at this time there are no legal consequences to being one.

Got to think how pitiful that person must be, to expend so much energy on someone they don't even know over a character they must have no faith in, to get so anxious over a few minutes of a talented new guy.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/27/2013, 4:28 am

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Marie :(. That's really horrifying, that they went through so much trouble to do something so hateful.

bisou We love you very much and love your posts!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next