[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
20% 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Re: 4x11 "Sadie Hawkins" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferGirl on 1/26/2013, 2:30 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I posted this on snark & bark, but I thought I'd post it here, too, since it's not really snarky. Ryan responded to one of my tweets:

Bless you, you have no idea how relieved and happy I was that he replied to you and implied that he'd seen all the pro-Adam and pro-Kadam tweets. Just knowing that Ryan is at least acknowledging a lot of fans like Adam, it gives me hope.

Chris's pro-Adam tweet was just the lovely, sweet cherry on top. I hope he's encouraging more scenes with Adam too, I know he has no control over that kind of thing, but it's great if he's enjoying their scenes and hopefully Ryan will see it and grant him more. hapitgh
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 1/26/2013, 2:31 am

fantastica wrote:oliver needs to promote himself more, perhaps hiring a publicist or something. but then again Grant had lots of media appearances and they don't want him for the long run.

The thing with this is that Grant had no chemistry with Darren but had loads with Kurt.

If he did have chemistry with Darren then Sebastian would be with Blaine right now.

RIB tried to sell it in TFT but no-one was buying it. It was an epic failure as even now fans still talk about the chemistry Sebastian and Kurt have, which is why the Kurtbastian ship started when there wasn't a chance in hell it ever happening.

Adam has loads of chemistry with Kurt as Oliver does with Chris. He is a potential love interest, so he is an enormous threat to the Klaine ship.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 2:41 am

ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:oliver needs to promote himself more, perhaps hiring a publicist or something. but then again Grant had lots of media appearances and they don't want him for the long run.

The thing with this is that Grant had no chemistry with Darren but had loads with Kurt.

If he did have chemistry with Darren then Sebastian would be with Blaine right now.

RIB tried to sell it in TFT but no-one was buying it. It was an epic failure as even now fans still talk about the chemistry Sebastian and Kurt have, which is why the Kurtbastian ship started when there wasn't a chance in hell it ever happening.

Adam has loads of chemistry with Kurt as Oliver does with Chris. He is a potential love interest, so he is an enormous
threat to the Klaine ship.

Good points.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 2:47 am

from murph's tweets just now:

in other words, we will do whatever we want to do, reasonable/logical or not. there's no point to analyze or rationalize anything.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 2:49 am

fantastica wrote:from murph's tweets just now:

in other words, we will do whatever we want to do, reasonable/logical or not. there's no point to analyze or rationalize anything.

True.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 1/26/2013, 4:20 am

I personally didn't see much chemistry between Kurt and Adam and I think Kurt's chemistry with Blaine is zero so I am little sad that Kurt probably won't be ever with someone I would really see spark and that romantic chemistry between them. Other than that I enjoyed Kurt's storyline last episode, It was really refreshing and I loved how Adam complimented Kurt and made him to take the compliment (did the reviewers really complain Kurt was complimented too much - why? He is usually complimented like NEVER!). I wouldn'I want Adam to turn into Brody and do nothing but compliment him but this was jus one episode for god sake.

I personally would be probably happier if Adam was just good friend and Kurt was single for a while and then get some different love interest but unfortunately I know that if he is not going to be with Adam he will be with Blaine again. Why Glee, why!
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 4:37 am

adam was complimenting kurt a lot because, well at least partially because he was flirting w/ him, and hopefully he's also genuinely attracted to him (seems like it, because he gave kurt his number right?)

if you look back at all the guys who you have dated you would notice that they have all complimented a lot about you. that's basically how guys talk when they are sexually interested in you. heck, if a guy says "gee you are so ugly" to a girl do you think she would go out w/ him? Razz i am not saying man lie to compliment in order to get into someone's pants, but complimenting someone is a common way to establish good rapport w/ someone, and hopefully move onto the next stage of a relationship.

p.s. don't pay so much attention to "chemistry". It's totally based on personal interpretation. If you don't see it then you don't see it, but others may see it, and that's perfectly normal. as for actors, they are acting anyway. all "chemistry" are fake. you don't have to take it seriously one way or the other. neutre

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/26/2013, 5:22 am

I missed this on my first watching because I had no clue what Rachel said, but I love that Rachel asked Kurt if the guy he had his eye on is Raul Esparaza. I love Raul.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 5:28 am

^ he's 42! Smile so kurt likes older guy is canon now? no wonder he liked blaine's grandpa look.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 1/26/2013, 5:35 am

fantastica wrote:^ he's 42! Smile so kurt likes older guy is canon now? no wonder he liked blaine's grandpa look.

ptdr I think liking older guys is not something new for Kurt. He liked Ricky Martin's character last season.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 5:53 am

^ she didn't look happy Razz

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 1/26/2013, 5:57 am

fantastica wrote:adam was complimenting kurt a lot because, well at least partially because he was flirting w/ him, and hopefully he's also genuinely attracted to him (seems like it, because he gave kurt his number right?)

if you look back at all the guys who you have dated you would notice that they have all complimented a lot about you. that's basically how guys talk when they are sexually interested in you. heck, if a guy says "gee you are so ugly" to a girl do you think she would go out w/ him? Razz i am not saying man lie to compliment in order to get into someone's pants, but complimenting someone is a common way to establish good rapport w/ someone, and hopefully move onto the next stage of a relationship.

p.s. don't pay so much attention to "chemistry". It's totally based on personal interpretation. If you don't see it then you don't see it, but others may see it, and that's perfectly normal. as for actors, they are acting anyway. all "chemistry" are fake. you don't have to take it seriously one way or the other. neutre
I know that chemistry is subjective but I wast just really really hoping that I personally will see it between them especially because I did not see any between Klaine and I want to see my favorie character with someone I feel he has chemistry with for a change.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 6:00 am

honey you can pretend that there's chemistry. again don't take this show too seriously.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 7:05 am

Just got done watching,or at least the Kurt scenes. I fastward the McKinley scenes. So far I like Adam and am shipping Kadam. I hope the writters don't mess upI like that Adam prasie Kurt.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 1/26/2013, 7:59 am

I loved the New York parts, and Adam!!! Except for the positioning of Kurt asking Adam out and Lauren and Sugar asking guys to dance. Also what the hell have they done to Lauren and Sugar. McKinley was awful this time except for Puck/Kitty and Brittany and Marley's girls' number. I loved Tina's solo but that whole context was awful. Also the lunch lady hit Blaine Razz.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 1/26/2013, 8:30 am

When Kurt joined the Warblers he had to audition for a solo he didn't get Because of Blaine. In ND he was forced to sway in the back while Rachel and Blaine sang their solos. He auditioned for Tony but didn't get the role because theater experts like a football coach, school counselor and a student decided he is not manly enough. He was never the star he deserves to be.
I love that now at NYADA Kurt doesn't need to audition again to get in the show choir. The Apples are auditioning for him, because he is great, his voice is breathtaking ant they want him. Smile I love Adam for telling Kurt how good he is, something no one else did before. I'm not surprised Kurt is not used to someone complimenting him just look at these past examples.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 1/26/2013, 9:03 am

Ireth wrote:I loved the New York parts, and Adam!!! Except for the positioning of Kurt asking Adam out and Lauren and Sugar asking guys to dance.

This really didn't bother me at all, because I'm so long past the point of looking for straight dynmaics in gay relationshions (who's the girl vs who's the guy). For me it worked because Kurt was finally going after what he wanted. Unlike with Blaine, hwere he had to wait passively until Blaine pulled out head out of his ass (and after seeing Blaine pursue Jeremiah and date Rachel before he was wiling to consider Kurt as relationship potential) and as a result, Blaine often was in the drivers seat for most of their relationship. This is Kurt being assertive and proactive and for the first time apparently reading signals right and going for what he wants.

I think that if Adam's only interest in Kurt was for his voice in the Apples, his compliments would have been more focused, flattering Kurt's singing talents primarily. Instead Kurt gets told that he looks like a young Paul Newman (which seriously, except for his mouth he really does) and would make a fantastic Brick (an iconic stage character). He compliments Kurt's plie in dance class (which seemed more about complimenting Kurt's ass) and didn't allow Kurt to deflect the compliment with his normal self-deprication (since he's so used to people not complimenting him). There was something almost charming in how Kurt used tying his shoe as a means to get Adam's attention (because Adam apparently would recognize his ass). I definately got the sense that Adam found Kurt highly attractive and I've been waiting for that for a very, very long time. I want Kurt to have a boyfriend who thinks that he's gorgeous and not "adorable". Who think's Kurt is the hottest piece of ass in NY and feels priviledged to be with him.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much because I know that RM is going to try to get Kurt back with the Grease Stain at some point, but I want this to be good while it last. Let Kurt be in a relationship that really does empower him so that when/if he does go back to Blaine, we get more of Kurt being a full and equal partner and less Kurt giving Blaine flowers when Blaine pulls passive aggressive tactics beat Kurt out for something that Kurt himself wants.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 1/26/2013, 9:15 am

I absolutely love Oliver's comments about the outlook that the Apples have, about looking past exteriors and enjoying live and loving performing. That's something that I often find so absent in many of Rachel's performances - she's so focused on succeeding and being the best that she loses out on the joy of simply being in front of an audience and doing what you love. I always wonder with her if its really being on stage that she really loves, or the audience response to her performances.

And I love the Apples being a quirky bunch of non-pretty people (or pretty people who don't feel the need to conform and dress a certain way like Loli-goth girl). And its unfortunate that they are discounted by so many within the NYADA community because how often is it that quirky, interesting looking people are the ones with decades long careers while pretty performers tend to be all but interchangeable. I like to think about something that Steve Buscemi said when asked why he never got his famously ugly teeth fixed. He didn't because he wants to work. Steve built a long and very, very lucrative career on film and television because he didn't look like everyone else. And then you have Jennifer Gray as a warning tale, who changed herself so much that she lost all the qualities that seperated her from every other starlet in Hollywood and absolutely tanked her career.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 1/26/2013, 11:41 pm

This episode is good; if you concentrate on the Kurt-Adam parts and blot out the rest.

Okay, running commentary here (because I'm not motivated to write analytic reviews of Glee episodes nowadays):

-Tina talked a lot in the opening scene. Colour me surprised.

-They've brought back Lauren Zizes to say we're losers' and ask Joe Hart to a dance? And Lauren feels empowered after a guy deigns to dance with her? Another case of character assassination on Glee. I'm not surprised.

-Why is Tina and some unknown girls in a Bitter club making decisions about prom? I don't get it. I thought that's the senior class president's job.

-Sigh... I miss Kurt's voice overs. I miss Kurt's voice. Period. "This guy needs to start making new friends" Truer words have never been spoken. You need more than Rachel or Brody to talk to in NYC, Kurt.

- Kurt's vocal warm ups while preparing breakfast is adorable!!! "I can sing high and sing low" and "Would you like some tea?" Razz

- Blatina feels so, so contrived.

- Do we really need a close up of Blaine/DC's ass on TV? Rolling Eyes

- Blaine is, again, smiling like a git when someone is laying their naked heart at his feet for him to stomp on. Oblivious to the point of hurtful, this boy. Even Artie caught on Tina's intentions before Blaine did.

- Blaine turning TIna down not because of Kurt, not because he's gay; but because of his crush on Sam. Okay....

- Kurt's giggles during Adam's performance are infectious and heart-warming. I can't stop grinning with him.

- Adam is so expressive. He lights up the screen when he interacts with Kurt. Sigh... sexy sparks, I feel thee. I feel that Adam is still in the friend/mentor territory for now, but would love to see something more to come out of his relationship with Kurt. I sincerely hope that the writers wouldn't ruin Kadam by ruining Adam in the future.

-Kitty-Jake-Puck love drama. DO. Not. Want.

- Yup, they brought up Blaine's Sadie Hawkins trauma by having Tina talk about it. Blaine's the one being asked to prom again. Why do people think he's the guy in the relationship again?

- The Blam crushing storyline makes the episode just that more unbearable.

- They managed to put the 'predatory gay' into the script. I can choose to be outraged (by interpreting this as a jab at Kurt), or I can choose to ignore it. Hm.

-What did Adam say when Kurt was doing the thing in dance class? Nice.. Plie?

Anyway. It's the best scene in the episode for me. I like that Adam won't accept Kurt's 'my boyfriend is better and more talented than me' talk in response to a compliment. (Also.. seriously, Glee writers? Why is there a need to put Blaine into this conversation?)

- There are so many Blaine close-ups even when he's not even the lead singer in the song. Figures.

- Tina to Blaine: "I love your everything. You're perfect". "Is there anything you can't do?" OKay. If there has been any doubt that there's a Blaine stan amongst the Glee writers' circle... Doubt no more.

- The girl's performance: Pole-dancing (or an attempt, there of) with microphone stands. Classy.

- The warblers getting disqualified for using steroids (I mean, seriously? Choir singing is not a sports event!). Chubby Warbler (Trent) has speaking lines!

- Wow. Rachel throwing a hissy fit because Brody is 45minutes late for their home-cooked dinner date. High maintenance, much?

- Hmm, so a girl with a neck injury and in cervical collar is undesirable? Too many Ryder's panicked look at having such a girl show him interest. It's more cruel than funny, really.

fantastica wrote:from murph's tweets just now:

Haha... RM couldn't defend himself against that humongous hole in the plot.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 1/27/2013, 1:31 am

Ranwing wrote:
Ireth wrote:I loved the New York parts, and Adam!!! Except for the positioning of Kurt asking Adam out and Lauren and Sugar asking guys to dance.

This really didn't bother me at all, because I'm so long past the point of looking for straight dynmaics in gay relationshions (who's the girl vs who's the guy). For me it worked because Kurt was finally going after what he wanted. Unlike with Blaine, hwere he had to wait passively until Blaine pulled out head out of his ass (and after seeing Blaine pursue Jeremiah and date Rachel before he was wiling to consider Kurt as relationship potential) and as a result, Blaine often was in the drivers seat for most of their relationship. This is Kurt being assertive and proactive and for the first time apparently reading signals right and going for what he wants.

Actually that was why it bothered me, because I thought something that was a positive development for Kurt's character was paralleled with serious downgrading of Lauren and Sugar's characters. It seems they have forgotten everything Lauren did in Season 2.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/27/2013, 1:38 am

lauren in S2 was a character. now she is back being an extra - a subject of laughter like in S1. sugar is also used as a filler. it's a shame.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/27/2013, 2:41 am

fantastica wrote:lauren in S2 was a character. now she is back being an extra - a subject of laughter like in S1. sugar is also used as a filler. it's a shame.
Agree, I used to want Max Adler return for an episode or two. but if this us how they would use Dave. I rather not have him return.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/27/2013, 7:26 am

Ireth wrote:Actually that was why it bothered me, because I thought something that was a positive development for Kurt's character was paralleled with serious downgrading of Lauren and Sugar's characters. It seems they have forgotten everything Lauren did in Season 2.
banzai This.
I could look past the pairing Kurt up with girls again (well.....no, not really, but there is only so much energy in my body to rant about Glee), but the message sent to all those girls (and guys) who for some reason do not fit into the popularity mould was offending and condescending.
Using Lauren and Sugar, who both were strong and independent characters before this episode, for this ~inspiring message..... ugh, they don't realize just how wrong that was. And the paralleling with Kurt gave him and who he represents an (unintentional?) dig too.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/31/2013, 7:05 pm

Here's the Glee-cap of the episode.

Notice that it's all about Blam and Blina, while Kurt and Adam get 3 seconds (and Rachel about the same). :angry:

I have the feeling that there is a massive intern war going on in the Fox offices between those who want the noobs and Blaine to be forcefed to us, and the ones who are trying to safe Glee by promoting the old and beloved characters in their promos.
In the mean time RIB stand by the side, cackling, while cooking up the most absurd plots for Lima and reluctantly giving New York and the graduates some scraps. areu

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/31/2013, 8:34 pm

The decision makers need to get their heads out of their assess and realize that the newbies aren't taking off, and Darren is not capable of carrying the Lima end of things. They have had half a season, people just aren't talking about them. They aren't getting press. They aren't getting on any of the talk shows. People just don't care. Hell, though I'm guessing Darren gets plenty of press in teen mags (I wouldn't know because I don't read them), but even he isn't getting booked on the talk shows--and we know he is all about the self-promotion, and his people will do what they can to get Darren publicity.

And I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I can't even begin to fathom why they minimize the amount of time they put Lea and especially Chris on the show when they are the ones who get the most media attention. Lea gets a lot of magazine covers. Chris gets a boat of coverage in magazines (and not just teen magazines either), and has more talk show appearances than anyone in the cast.

These people make no sense whatsoever.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down