Animes and mangas you love

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Animes and mangas you love Empty Animes and mangas you love

Post  fantastica on 2/25/2012, 4:59 pm

ok to pick up from the intro thread from teh welcome board, I said I was a huge Miyazaki fan. I love most of his work, especially Totoro, Princess Mononoke and spirited Away. I like his newest release too. It's in the theaters now in north america. as always it's beautifully rendered with lots of charm and whimsy. The story is straight forward with a moral that's very poignant. Miyasaki is obviously a big environmentalist/naturalist w/ a solid understanding of how we should live in peace w/ our surroundings. pretty much all of his films expresses this sentiment, and so is this new movie.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Animes and mangas you love Empty Re: Animes and mangas you love

Post  Shinra17 on 2/25/2012, 11:00 pm

^ That's right. I particularly love the quality of the animation, each time a character has to run for instance, the animation is gorgeous.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Animes and mangas you love Banniere---75449-31b6eb9
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/26/2012, 1:28 am

I like this new thread Smile

Kim, you mentioned you have seen The secret world of Arriety, I guess you have seen on the cinemas but Do you have any link to watch it online?

Talking about Mr. Miyazaki ,I haven't seen all of of his movies but once one of my school classmates made a presentation about Studio Ghibli and I was impressed by his work and art Smile.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/26/2012, 1:47 am

^ the only online version I know is the original Japanese language w/ chinese subtitles. Unless you read chinese or understand japanese, it won't help you. However, if you want the link anyway, just to see the visual of it, I will post it next time. It's visually stunning like all Miyazaki classics.

If you can wait a while, wait for DVD rip to come out. I am sure Ivana the queen of downloads will help find you a suitable link to watch or download.

I do not like the one before Arriety, about a fish/mermaid creature. the art is much simplier and very different from the classic Miyazaki style (in the tradition of princess mononoki and spirited away and vally of something sorry I forgot the name). the story is also not as engaging, especially the later half.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/26/2012, 2:01 am

fantastica wrote:^ the only online version I know is the original Japanese language w/ chinese subtitles. Unless you read chinese or understand japanese, it won't help you. However, if you want the link anyway, just to see the visual of it, I will post it next time. It's visually stunning like all Miyazaki classics.

If you can wait a while, wait for DVD rip to come out. I am sure Ivana the queen of downloads will help find you a suitable link to watch or download.

I do not like the one before Arriety, about a fish/mermaid creature. the art is much simplier and very different from the classic Miyazaki style (in the tradition of princess mononoki and spirited away and vally of something sorry I forgot the name). the story is also not as engaging, especially the later half.

I understand only few japanese words like arigato,sayonara and kawaii Razz and I know nothing about chinese so thanks anyway :D

A fish/mermaid? I think you're talking about Ponyo. I know it not the same style, and Disney is not even closer to Mr. Miyazaki but it remains me a little bit The Little Mermaid or maybe all mermaids want to have legs and live with their lover or friend :huh:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/26/2012, 2:16 am

^ Yes I was talking about Ponyo.

"5 centimeter by the second" - I like the visual styling - the artwork is gorgeous and very realistic. but I don't like the storytelling. Too depressing, yet I have seen extremely depressing movies that I love (Grave of hte Fireflies). the extremely slow pace of 5 centimeter is really not my type, even though I really enjoy the visual aspect of it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 on 2/26/2012, 3:12 am

I looooove Miyazaki.But not all of his work,tho.I like the one his son did Gedo senki most.Mr.Miyazaki's work is impacted by the way he sees and thinks of the world.I saw some his biographies,he seems hating all human beings,he likes animals and the natural world.That's why a lot of leading characters in his work are anti-social and hating people,for example like Princess Mononoke.
Anyway,I speak Chinese and know some Japanese,cause the Japanese animation is ridiculous popular in Asia.Every teenage and lots of adults are crazy about them,so if you want to have some fresh things to watch or read,knowing Japanese helps a lot Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto on 2/26/2012, 3:39 am

brisallie wrote:I like this new thread Smile

Kim, you mentioned you have seen The secret world of Arriety, I guess you have seen on the cinemas but Do you have any link to watch it online?

Talking about Mr. Miyazaki ,I haven't seen all of of his movies but once one of my school classmates made a presentation about Studio Ghibli and I was impressed by his work and art Smile.

I found Arriety on Piratebay. It was the british version (with british voices instead of american ones); but t's certainly out there if you want to go looking.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl on 2/26/2012, 4:43 am

@ Vir Cotto, I hope it's ok if I answer your question about Cardcaptor Sakura here on the movie/anime thread, instead of the introduction thread. neutre

But I love Cardcaptor Sakura!! It's one of my (many) favorites, along with its sorta sequel, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. I got into it when I was younger and I've enjoyed it ever since, anime and manga versions. Sakura and Syaoran are my favorite, they're so cute together. wub I do think Chris could make a good Yukito if they ever made a live-action version of it (but, I'm biased and think he could be a good anyone if he tried Razz ).

As for Miyazaki, I've seen most of his movies. When it comes to Ponyo, it wasn't my favorite, but I was very very impressed that it was completely hand drawn, like in the olden days. The story floundered about but I still liked it if only to admire the great effort Miyazaki and his team put into its creation.

I've also seen 5 cm Per Second and love that film as well, and proudly own it. neutre I like how poetic and bittersweet it is.

Has anyone here seen the anime movie "Summer Wars"?
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 on 2/26/2012, 5:01 am

ColferGirl wrote:Has anyone here seen the anime movie "Summer Wars"?

Hands up!I have neutre

And I think 5 cm Per Second is such an unique film so beautiful and sad,I own one too Smile

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 2/26/2012, 4:22 pm

brisallie wrote:Kim, you mentioned you have seen The secret world of Arriety, I guess you have seen on the cinemas but Do you have any link to watch it online?
By "watch online", you mean links for streaming watching? If you're interested in downloading it (jap voices, english sub), I can give you links.
Personally, I don't watch these animation movies in theater anymore (only saw the grave of fireflies in theater). Here, animes and animations are considered like kid entertainment, so the dubbing is most of the time ridiculous (the dub actors speaks as if they're talking to kids basically) and they don't mind if it completely changes the personality of the characters. I've seen french dubbed versions of some animes I've watched with the original voices and I didn't recognize the characters, they became more one-dimensional and the story more manichean.

fantastica wrote: "5 centimeter by the second" - I like the visual styling - the artwork is gorgeous and very realistic. but I don't like the storytelling. Too depressing, yet I have seen extremely depressing movies that I love (Grave of hte Fireflies). the extremely slow pace of 5 centimeter is really not my type, even though I really enjoy the visual aspect of it.
5cm/second wasn't depressing for me, the overall feeling was kind of melancholy. I used to think regularly about these situations of missed opportunities, the people you meet in life and lose without having chosen it, but simply because of life. Since I'm a huge fan of graphic works and of little details of storyline told through graphic details, slow paced movies don't bother me if there's something else to focus on. This slow pace was actually necessary for the film and what it wants to express imo.

ColferGirl wrote:But I love Cardcaptor Sakura!! It's one of my (many) favorites, along with its sorta sequel, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. I got into it when I was younger and I've enjoyed it ever since, anime and manga versions. Sakura and Syaoran are my favorite, they're so cute together. wub I do think Chris could make a good Yukito if they ever made a live-action version of it (but, I'm biased and think he could be a good anyone if he tried Razz ).

Has anyone here seen the anime movie "Summer Wars"?
Not mega-fan of CCS (I have seen 1/3 of the 3 seasons, I think and the 2 movies) but I adore Syaoran all versions (kid, TRC, clone). Sakura, on the other hand... I found her usually funny in CCS and annoying in RTC.
And I have seen Summer Wars. I like it, I remember I laughed a lot around the end of the movie.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/26/2012, 10:04 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:

I found Arriety on Piratebay. It was the british version (with british voices instead of american ones); but t's certainly out there if you want to go looking.

Thanks, though I wanted the japanese version with english subs but is ok.

Yay, Miyazaki fans!! ptdr Speaking of anime, any Cardcaptor Sakura fans? I have this fantasy of Chris playing Yuki/Yue. It would be epic!

So Do you like CCS? Me too Smile . If Chris is Yuki/Yue, Who will be Touya? lol

PS: There's a 3 season of Sakura? I think I have seen only the first and second one.

5cm/second wasn't depressing for me, the overall feeling was kind of melancholy. I used to think regularly about these situations of missed opportunities, the people you meet in life and lose without having chosen it, but simply because of life. Since I'm a huge fan of graphic works and of little details of storyline told through graphic details, slow paced movies don't bother me if there's something else to focus on. This slow pace was actually necessary for the film and what it wants to express imo.

That precisely why I like this movie because is about how some people miss opportunities in their life and how others move on with their life; I'm learning to be this second group and it wasn't slow for me either, at least I didn't fell asleep lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 2/26/2012, 10:17 pm

brisallie wrote:Thanks, though I wanted the japanese version with english subs but is ok.
here you go:
The Secret World of Arrietty (2010) 720p Blu-Ray x264 Dual - BluDragon
Video: 1280×688, x264 @ 8 Bit, CRF16 @ 2,739 Kbps
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1: English [UK Dub]
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1: Japanese
Subtitle: SRT: Dialogue
Size: 2.70 GB
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=288800

PS: There's a 3 season of Sakura? I think I have seen only the first and second one.
The number of seasons is not important because the division into season is different between the aired episodes and the DVD releases. If you have seen 70 eps, then you have seen them all Wink

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 2/26/2012, 10:33 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
here you go:
The Secret World of Arrietty (2010) 720p Blu-Ray x264 Dual - BluDragon
Video: 1280×688, x264 @ 8 Bit, CRF16 @ 2,739 Kbps
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1: English [UK Dub]
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1: Japanese
Subtitle: SRT: Dialogue
Size: 2.70 GB
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=288800

THANKS. I'm downloading it Smile

The number of seasons is not important because the division into season is different between the aired episodes and the DVD releases. If you have seen 70 eps, then you have seen them all Wink

I just check on wiki the 70 episodes and YES I have seen all of them. You know, I thought the second season started when Eriol arrived to the school, I totally forgot the episodes with the teacher Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/11/2012, 12:36 pm

Well, actually, animes in general seem to be smart, even when they’re cracky. I must confess that I am not smart enough to keep up with many of them, that’s why I know very few :( Oh! Another one I love is Full Metal Alchemist, which is mostly crack and action!
Well, I have seen the 2 FMA series, the first movie (downloaded the 2nd one somewhere on my PC but still not watch it) and a bunch of OAV and actually, I can't say I adore it lol. I love Roy Mustang but Ed was a bit the "Blaine" of the serie for me Smile

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 4/11/2012, 12:41 pm

What? What did you just say about Ed? The only similarity between them would their height!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 4/11/2012, 12:43 pm

Oh! I didn't know there was a second movie. I've read the manga and watched the first anime, but I've yet to finish Brotherhood. I really like it. It's strange, but I actually like all the characters and I think the villains are really badass and cool. I particularly love Ed, who, I repeat, is nothing, nothing like that other prop you mentioned.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/11/2012, 12:50 pm

if you have read the manga, then the 2nd anime should be more appealing to you ^^. About Ed, i don't know, I found the character not consistent with his supposed age and I really hate his voice, really too old for the character imo. Yeah, the homunculus were cool, my favorite was Pride ^^

The 2nd movie : Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Milos no Sei-Naru Hoshi (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos). It came out in July 2011 in Japan.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 4/11/2012, 12:54 pm

If you use torrents to get your anime:

[UTW]_Fullmetal_Alchemist_-_The_Sacred_Star_of_Milos_[BD][h264-720p_AC3][73953C60].mkv
NB: This is a 10-bit release.
File size: 2.3 GiB
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=286358

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 4/11/2012, 1:00 pm

Thank you for the torrent!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/14/2012, 2:12 pm

@ Shinra, this sound if perfect for your story about the wasp that attacked you where you were seated in the bench

Japanese Bell sound anime

Animes and mangas you love 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/14/2012, 2:15 pm

^Everytime I think about the Japanese school's bell I think about Card Captor Sakura. Haha, loved that anime! (it was my very first manga).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/14/2012, 2:25 pm

Emile wrote:^Everytime I think about the Japanese school's bell I think about Card Captor Sakura. Haha, loved that anime! (it was my very first manga).

I loved it too. I even bought a manga of CCS and is slightly different from the anime; also I downloaded the two main songs from the anime. Hey I just was a girl!

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/14/2012, 2:33 pm

^^Don't worry, I can understand you, I have the complete serie of the manga. Laughing
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/14/2012, 2:46 pm

Emile wrote:^^Don't worry, I can understand you, I have the complete serie of the manga. Laughing

What?! But is expensive! At least where I live it is :(

Spoiler:
If you read the whole manga, don't you find strange the relationship between a teacher and a 9 years old girl? I remember in the finale manga comes out the "romance" between the teacher- insert name- and Sakura's classmate- insert name-. I don't even remember if this was mentioned in the anime

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down