Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction

+10
arina
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
ColdFlame96
Kurt Hummel
brisallie
Ireth
Jellyrolls
MoviesAreLife
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty Re: Fanfiction

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2013, 2:48 am

bayth wrote:Have you read Make My Heart Start Beating ?  It's one of my favorite Kurtbastian stories and it's complete.  It's told in 1st person from Kurts' perspective.

Oh no, my biggest pet peeve is Kurt staying in Lima. I just cannot handle it. Even the idea is just so heartbreaking :(.

arina wrote:Yeah but the one-shots are mostly about established Kurtbastian and like I said I feel kinda weird reading it without knowing how the hell they got like that from the the stage they were on the show. And it's always fun reading stories about people not liking each other at first and then getting closer and closer and not wanting to admit the attraction etc and that it missing there.

But yeah definitely would like to have more lenghty fics about them. But still considering they were never were canon the amount of Kurbastian fics is success :-)

I think established relationships give authors more opportunities to be creative. Kurtbastian and their beginning stages are usually very similar and you can only repeat the same formula numerous times. But I get from where you are coming from. As you said, considering Kurtbastian never was canon, it is still a very active and talented fandom.

ColdFlame96 wrote:Guys I have 15 pages written of my one-sho! I'm so excited!
hola
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/25/2013, 2:55 am

Correction: I have now written 17 pages. I'm in the early stages of high school now so shits about to get real. This is going to be a huge section, probably at least 15 pages and its gonna be super painful to write. And reread for editing. If I'm going down, you guys are coming with me.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2013, 3:08 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:Correction: I have now written 17 pages. I'm in the early stages of high school now so shits about to get real. This is going to be a huge section, probably at least 15 pages and its gonna be super painful to write. And reread for editing. If I'm going down, you guys are coming with me.

Is it about Kurtbastian? I am happy to offer my service to suffer with you fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/25/2013, 3:34 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Correction: I have now written 17 pages. I'm in the early stages of high school now so shits about to get real. This is going to be a huge section, probably at least 15 pages and its gonna be super painful to write. And reread for editing. If I'm going down, you guys are coming with me.

Is it about Kurtbastian? I am happy to offer my service to suffer with you fanny2

No. It's my huge-ass reflective Karofsky story and the high school part is going to be painful.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2013, 3:39 am

Ahh, yeah I remember. But that idea sounds awesome and I am very excited to read it. Even though it will most likely be depressing like hell :(
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/25/2013, 3:44 am

I also am looking forward to reading it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/25/2013, 3:50 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Ahh, yeah I remember. But that idea sounds awesome and I am very excited to read it. Even though it will most likely be depressing like hell :(

Surprisingly, the first 17 pages haven't been depressing at all. Just kind of...wistful I guess? Maybe that's why they were do easy to write. I fucking hate writing angst even though apparently I'm good at it. You guys have to make sure to kick my ass to finish it though because whenever I write unpleasant things, I stall. Just because I despise writing it so much. And because I really don't trust myself, I'll need someone to read certain sections for me.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2013, 3:56 am

In case I'd ever release a book, 90% of the main characters would die. I am a sicko when it comes to creativity Smile.

Out of curiosity, what POV are you using? Is it Daves story? Because I don’t think I have ever written a story from his perspective.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/25/2013, 4:10 am

Lottie2303 wrote:In case I'd ever release a book, 90% of the main characters would die. I am a sicko when it comes to creativity Smile.

Out of curiosity, what POV are you using? Is it Daves story? Because I don’t think I have ever written a story from his perspective.

It is from his POV. He's basically narrating his own story from like 20 years in the future. It's like a mixture of 3rd and 1st person.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/25/2013, 4:13 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Ahh, yeah I remember. But that idea sounds awesome and I am very excited to read it. Even though it will most likely be depressing like hell :(

Surprisingly, the first 17 pages haven't been depressing at all. Just kind of...wistful I guess? Maybe that's why they were do easy to write. I fucking hate writing angst even though apparently I'm good at it. You guys have to make sure to kick my ass to finish it though because whenever I write unpleasant things, I stall. Just because I despise writing it so much. And because I really don't trust myself, I'll need someone to read certain sections for me.

Don't you worry about harrasment, I remember well what story premise you PROMISED! I will never let you back down! Smile

OK, maybe few weeks is tolerable, but I remember, I will remember!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/8/2013, 1:40 am

Okay, so I need an opinion on this: (please don't come to my house with pitchforks lol), but what do you think Glee would be like if Kurt had been straight? I mean, like who do you think he would get together with? A lot of people seem to think that straight!Kurt equals the butch!Kurt we saw in Laryngitis, but I don't necessarily think that would be true. Why should his sexuality determine what his interests are and what his personality is like? The only thing sexuality determines is which gender you want to fuck. So I have a question: Would you like me to do an AU rewrite of Glee where Kurt is straight?

(And before you ask, yes, I'm aware that I still haven't finished my Karofsky story, but I got a huge writers block on the middle part in particular and I've been stuck on page 18 for the past 3 weeks. If you'd like me to send what I have in so far to you, just PM me your e-mail and I will. Hopefully, I'll pick that one up again soon though.)
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/8/2013, 4:16 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:Okay, so I need an opinion on this: (please don't come to my house with pitchforks lol), but what do you think Glee would be like if Kurt had been straight? I mean, like who do you think he would get together with? A lot of people seem to think that straight!Kurt equals the butch!Kurt we saw in Laryngitis, but I don't necessarily think that would be true. Why should his sexuality determine what his interests are and what his personality is like? The only thing sexuality determines is which gender you want to fuck. So I have a question: Would you like me to do an AU rewrite of Glee where Kurt is straight?

(And before you ask, yes, I'm aware that I still haven't finished my Karofsky story, but I got a huge writers block on the middle part in particular and I've been stuck on page 18 for the past 3 weeks. If you'd like me to send what I have in so far to you, just PM me your e-mail and I will. Hopefully, I'll pick that one up again soon though.)

I have to be perfectly honest and straight forward, I wouldn't read it. I can only go so far when it comes to AU. I also don't read Kurt as girl and all those fics. But I totally agree, butch!Kurt wouldn't be him, no matter his sexuality.

To answer your question, I actually could see him with Quinn for no reason whatsoever.

Good luck. I bet there are people out there who will be interested in it. I just very picky when it comes to certain topics.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/8/2013, 12:00 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Okay, so I need an opinion on this: (please don't come to my house with pitchforks lol), but what do you think Glee would be like if Kurt had been straight? I mean, like who do you think he would get together with? A lot of people seem to think that straight!Kurt equals the butch!Kurt we saw in Laryngitis, but I don't necessarily think that would be true. Why should his sexuality determine what his interests are and what his personality is like? The only thing sexuality determines is which gender you want to fuck. So I have a question: Would you like me to do an AU rewrite of Glee where Kurt is straight?

I thing straight Kurt would be similar to gay Kurt. I doubt he would be butch even if he was straight. I would give the story a chance, Not sure I would read more than the 1st chapter or 2, but would give it a chance.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 1:15 pm

You're right: "butch Kurt" does not equal straight Kurt AT ALL! It's just a funny stereotype. I'm guessing that Kurt (as straight) would act a little more like Chris maybe? To be honest, I cannot picture Kurt as straight, but definitely bisexual. And I have no problem with shipping him with almost all of the girls in Glee Club....name a pairing, and chances are I've read a very good story on them in the past that makes me think it could be, no matter how outlandish it seems. Very good writers can make it seem possible and even natural to me. The only girl I have trouble shipping him with is Santana, because she is just so cantankerous....but that doesn't mean a one night stand is out of the question. Wink

Kurt/S1-S3!Tina: Back when I liked Tina, I would've liked these two together. I enjoyed her more mellow personality and their friendship. She was one of his Single Ladies and one of his Swans.

Kurt/Brittany: When not being a total moron, I like her different way of thinking and her laid back personality. I've read a very good story about these two. It's all about a sexual identity crisis with Kurt realizing he's bisexual. It's called "Operation: Make Kurt Happy".

Kurt/Mercedes: Their friendship was adorable. She was the person he trusted the most of the longest time.

Kurt/Quinn: Qurt? Kuinn? Anyway, I've also read fascinating stories about these two. They are both mysterious, guarded people. If these two are the pairing you're looking for, does this mean Quinn will be saved from her pregnancy and post-partum depression? I'd like that, like The Butterfly Effect. I love how it made her a better person in the long run, but I hated how she went psycho for a moment. I cannot stand psycho!Quinn. Also, these two have The Suffering Olympics in common. When Dianna's own personality shines through the character, is when I like Quinn the best. I do feel that Kurt is more trustworthy than she is, though.

Kurt/Rachel: I'll admit, I'm crazy for Hummelberry and I find these two just adorable together. Late S2-S4 Hummelberry are my go-to bisexual!Kurt pairing. I adore these two...they just feel so natural together.wub wub 

So go for it! I don't mind him being paired with a girl. If anything, it's kind of a kink of mine....mrgreen 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 1:38 pm

And, just for fun...the new girls! Even if you didn't ask for it.

Kurt/Unique: Iffy about this one. If she was played by a more sympathetic actor, then maybe. They've both faced major diversity issues.

Kurt/Marley: She can keep him from getting too snooty, and he can stop her from being too much of a doormat and teach her to stand up for herself more. They would look beautiful together. I wonder how a duet would sound?

Kurt/Kitty: Ehhh...much like Santana, this girl brings out the worst in people, I think. Kurt is too good for her.

Edit: Oops! I forgot some!

Kurt/Lauren: Honestly, Lauren irritates the hell out of me. I know Chris and Ashley are supposed to be best friends, but I don't know about these two.

Kurt/Sugar: Sugar is just so clueless and annoying....

Did I forget anyone?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 2:05 pm

Okay, I wasn't really fair with Kurtana. One good thing about Kurtana is that she'd bring the Kurt from "I Do" back in full force. Sexy!Kurt, baby! Wink But I'm afraid she'll turn Kurt mean, and that scares me.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 8/8/2013, 7:51 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Lottie a few comments ago.  There is only so far I can go with AUs and Kurt being straight pretty much vaults past my limit. I like that he is gay an unapologetic about it, someone I can intimately relate to.  Honestly I personally won't read it, but hey, if you're going to make him straight, give him someone hot that challenges him and doesn't allow him to be a doormat. I'm thinking either Santana or Quinn (pre-baby gate). Both are rather snarky in their own ways to augment Kurt's snark and Kurt having either would presumably give him mad respect from the Neanderthals of McKinley (that I hope for the sake of his character that Kurt isn't a part of) .  Good luck.  neutre
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/8/2013, 11:34 pm

TimF wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with Lottie a few comments ago.  There is only so far I can go with AUs and Kurt being straight pretty much vaults past my limit. I like that he is gay an unapologetic about it, someone I can intimately relate to.  Honestly I personally won't read it, but hey, if you're going to make him straight, give him someone hot that challenges him and doesn't allow him to be a doormat. I'm thinking either Santana or Quinn (pre-baby gate). Both are rather snarky in their own ways to augment Kurt's snark and Kurt having either would presumably give him mad respect from the Neanderthals of McKinley (that I hope for the sake of his character that Kurt isn't a part of) .  Good luck.  neutre
Oh I completely agree! I love the fact that Kurt is gay and unapologetic. I'm just a really weird person and I like to think of different scenarios and how much would things change if this happened or if this happened, y'know? It was just a fleeting thought. How different would Glee be if Kurt was straight? One good thing I can find from it is that Klaine would've never happened. Twisted Evil 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/9/2013, 12:05 pm

TimF wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with Lottie a few comments ago.  There is only so far I can go with AUs and Kurt being straight pretty much vaults past my limit. I like that he is gay an unapologetic about it, someone I can intimately relate to.  Honestly I personally won't read it, but hey, if you're going to make him straight, give him someone hot that challenges him and doesn't allow him to be a doormat. I'm thinking either Santana or Quinn (pre-baby gate). Both are rather snarky in their own ways to augment Kurt's snark and Kurt having either would presumably give him mad respect from the Neanderthals of McKinley (that I hope for the sake of his character that Kurt isn't a part of) .  Good luck.  neutre
Oh, I love that he is gay and proud of it! I'm a lesbian, so I'm not trying to "turn the gay guy straight" at all! I identify more with Kurt than I do with Santana, actually. He makes me so proud. I do think that well written fics that explore the bisexual topic with him are fascinating to look at....it makes you think how this would have played out on the show. How Chris would've acted this out. It makes for a cool "movie" in one's mind. And after Kurt's ignorant comments about bisexuals in season two, it would be interesting to see him on the other side of that fence. To have this "Uh oh!" moment. And yes, I think that he was just mad at the possibility of Blaine being bisexual and that he didn't intend for that comment to blanket all bisexuals...but it was still hurtful, coming from him especially. Bisexuals are treated very poorly by both sides of the fence. Straights sometimes accept them more, leading to some bitterness with gay men and lesbians. Straights also sometimes view them as "slutty", part of a "fad" and "unable to make up their minds"...."confused". Gays and lesbians sometimes see them as spoiled, privileged in the straight society, and "traitors". Some people don't view bisexuality as a real sexual orientation. I had a gay male friend who stated that bisexuals were not real and were just pathetic, confused, slutty people who couldn't choose and couldn't get a date. My ex girlfriend said straight out that she'd never date a bisexual person because of the increased risk of getting cheated on. It's a popular mentality, unfortunately.

And, for personal reasons, seeing Kurt suddenly struggle with a sexual identity crisis, a reverse coming out, would be fascinating. At 17, I thought that maybe I could be bisexual (thoughts and feelings only, no action) and it scared the hell out of me because I've identified with being a lesbian since the age of 9. People identify so strongly with their sexualities, and I was confused. I found it would be easier to identify as a lesbian because my "bisexual" feelings were SO lopsided (overwhelmingly preferring women over men, aside from a handful of exceptions). I wanted to fit into a neat, little box. Also, I knew that bisexuals were not taken seriously by the majority of society...they were treated as a joke, and that scared me. I didn't want to be seen as a traitor and a "slut". A "fake and a "poser".

To see Kurt question his beliefs and himself would be interesting, if done right. He'd have this mentality of "I've suffered because of this gay orientation. What did I do it all for?" He'd have to find a new normal and he'd have to fight off the people telling him he's just tip-toeing back into the closet, just has he's said to Blaine in the past. He'd have to open his mind a bit. It would cause him to grow.

Plus, there is a saying that bisexuality is the most natural state of sexuality. Wink

I think that gay men who watch this show are so lucky to have a character as upstanding as Kurt to "represent" them in a way, even if many of them feel he is a stereotype. He is strong, good and true. Also, he's accurate in many ways. He is the heart and soul of the show and an inspiration played by an inspiration. Bisexuals are stuck with Brittany (moron, slutty stereotype, joke of a character, too dumb to function) and lesbians are stuck with Santana (awful human being, also a slutty stereotype, hopped on every available dick she saw and slept with a grand total of two women). I'll take Kurt anyday, thanks.

I think that gay men are represented on the show better than lesbians and bisexuals are. There are no words for Brittany. As for Santana...yes, she represents people like my friend, who just loves her. Said friend is still closeted and does everything with guys except for full intercourse, never had real experiences with women. But what about lesbians like me who have never kissed or held hands with a guy because we, you know, like women only (I think my experience is more common)? And I'm not "butch", but what about the tomboyish lesbians out there? Not all lesbians are femme. With the gay males on the show, we've got the ones who sleep around, the ones who don't sleep around much, the ones who question who they are, the ones who know who they are from the start, the ones who are closeted and the ones who are out and proud from the beginning, the butch ones and the femme ones. It's not as narrow.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/14/2014, 9:58 pm

For those of you that love fan fiction - there is legislation in the pipeline to gut any type of copyright infringement. This means any type of art, fan fiction, even gifs that contain copyrighted material would get the law after them. There is a petition to stop that HERE. Please sign it and pass it on to other social media. I've put it on my twitter feed and tumblr. We only have 5 more days to obtain the needed signatures. We need 55,000 more. So please spread the word...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/22/2014, 3:59 pm

We were discussing the hotness of Kurtbastian and one of the stories that I've re-read several times is Deliver Me. It's got a lot of angst and trauma, but it's very well written. Totally alternate universe from canon. There is a follow-up Special Delivery. Most of this author's Kurtbastian stories are worth reading (warning there are stories with bland).
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/17/2015, 2:52 pm

After reading about  last nights Glee episode. Have not watch and do not plan to ,mainly due to  the insults  to Kurt,which in my opinion was really to Chris. I would love a fix it  Fic  for this episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2015, 6:59 pm

^Although it's not a direct fix-it for 6x03 (but it was written as a reaction to it) it does fix some things for Kurt who's leaving Lima and his 'friends' behind:

Arrow  astraplain.tumblr.com/glee-fic-not-quite-kadam-breathe  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/17/2015, 7:04 pm

I have read it and really enjoyed it. I can't post a reply because i do not have a tumbler account,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/19/2015, 8:28 pm

This fix-it fanfiction is perfect imo: vcg73.tumblr.com/kurt-ficlet-the-internship rooots 

It's about Carmen Tibideaux from NYADA calling Kurt in Lima, saying she can not approve his internship coaching the ND Glee club.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next