Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

+37
coxfire
Adamina
bayth
Buenos
Vir Cotto
msjoanlucette
fountain
Ces
ecka
Sani
MoviesAreLife
dap1217
valkeakuulas
crazypumpkin
indiaskye
Piciollina
arina
opals
Catt24
CloveGlee
Delight
tanita_mors
fantastica
Ranwing
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
sahhar
M&M
brisallie
Divalicious
zuppid
Jellyrolls
ColferGirl
MissSoniaPP
sheny
41 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 7:42 am

Vir Cotto wrote:I'm sure if Kurt has sex with Adam, Glee will present it as cheating, logic be damned.
Yup, that is the bottomline and what is so frustrating. It's how Glee wants us to see things and push down our throats, but often is the exact opposite of what we're really feeling, that makes Glee so hard to watch sometimes.

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I hope Kurt does not cheat,but if he does I will forgive him . I would have forgive Blaine sooner,still have not but working on it, if he had not Blame Kurt for his cheating. Espeically, after what happened in DWS episode.
banzai This.
A lot of people screw up like this, some by cheating, but it is the way (of cheating) and the handling of it afterwards that is the big deciding factor of whether someone is easier to forgive or not.

Blaine was an asshole about it all to Kurt, and he has done nothing so far to fix things with respect for Kurt's feelings. Blaine feeling sorry for himself and admitting he did a shitty thing to Kurt (but not to Kurt himself!) is far from being enough, imo.
Every new action Blaine took after the cheating is not helping him to redeem himself at all, imo: going to New York after the cheating (and not before), making a fool of himself (and Kurt!) publicly at Callbacks, only confessing when Kurt asked and then blaming Kurt for it, accepting to still sleep in Kurt's bed, trying to contact Kurt over and over again, never thinking about how much Kurt must hurt but only moping because how he himself lost the love of his life, transferring back to Dalton (he did do that, untill Sam convinced him otherwise), coming to NY at Christmas and staying in Kurt's appartment, and now crushing on someone else while he declared Kurt the love if his life and still has pics of him in his locker (which is very different from Kurt crushing on Adam, as Kurt deliberately is moving on, but Blaine still wants Kurt back).

Ugh, I'm preaching to the choir here. blushh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 9:32 am

sahhar wrote:Hey all I have a question. I follow Oliver on Twitter and he recently started Tweeting. Is is an official account or is it an imposter?

arina wrote:
sahhar wrote:Hey all I have a question. I follow Oliver on Twitter and he recently started Tweeting. Is is an official account or is it an imposter?
I read he said on fb the twitter acount is fake.

Oliver said on facebook that he is not on twitter, and that is a fake account. He said he would post on facebook when he has twitter. It looks like that account was deleted sometime overnight (since Oliver prominently posted it's not him).

BTW, I do believe that the Facebook account is really him because it was created last month, and it is connected to his personal facebook account (the profile picture is different). He has posted responses from his personal page--I clicked to it once because I was wondering if it was someone using his name and trying to be him. The background picture was something that looked like a personal candid photo, and that made me realize it was Oliver's personal page (and then I clicked off it because what he has on his personal page is none of my business).

Just as a side note, the Blainers/Klainers are really taking offense to Oliver banning some of the people who have posted hate on his page, and more are posting to bitch about him doing that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him remove that page at some point in the near future.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 10:20 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Just as a side note, the Blainers/Klainers are really taking offense to Oliver banning some of the people who have posted hate on his page, and more are posting to bitch about him doing that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him remove that page at some point in the near future.
And that's why we can't have nice things. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Ab-sigh

I hope Oliver has a thick skin and will keep his facebook. And that he, like Chris (his tweet praising Adam's Apples was glorious), will not shy away from giving his opinion because of the rotten apples in this fandom.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 12:01 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
bayth wrote:
Vir Cotto wrote:I hope he cheats with Adam, and I feel no shame! BB deserves some happiness before being shackled to Jesus, I mean Blarren, again.
How can he cheat with Adam? He's not in a relationship with Bland anymore. Kurt is free to date and be intimate with anyone he chooses.

I'm sure if Kurt has sex with Adam, Glee will present it as cheating, logic be damned.

The only thing that I can see working is that Kurt feels guilty that he and Adam are in the very, very early stages of their relationship and hadn't made any real comittments yet, but Kurt still feels badly for kissing Blaine when he no longer wants to be in a relationship with Blaine. Hopefully Adam will be the caring, mature individual that we've seen so far and won't hold it against Kurt. He can tell Kurt is own story about a difficult break up and when it's your first love, how hard it is to just leave all those feelings behind. And Kurt and Adam can use the experience to discuss what they really want out of their relationship and move towards a more solid, comitted understanding. Now I'm sure that the Blarren stans will scream endlesly about KURT CHEATED TOO! but there will be some signifigant differences that anyone except the most blind idiot can respect. There is a big difference between a quick makeout session with an ex when you're just starting to see someone else (not great, but not necessarily the end of the world) and sleeping with someone else when you're supposed to be seeing the love of your life in a few short weeks. But we know that they'll thow anything they can at Kurt to deflect any lingering guilt that Blaine is suffering for being the one to destroy their relationship with infidelity.

There have been a lot of commenators and bloggers hoping that now that Kurt has a new man (even though we don't have a full image of what exactly their relatioship is going to be) that they need to get Blaine a new LI. Now the petty, mean part of me wants to see Blaine suffer and be alone until the inevitable Klaine reunion because he should suffer for cheating on Kurt. I hate to see characters act in shitty ways and get rewarded for it (more on this in a bit) and I'd like to see Blaine steweing in his own misery for losing Kurt while Kurt is moving on and is happy with Adam. But in the practical sense, sure... bring on a new LI for Blaine. Hell, bring back Eli for him if that works. Because it will give the Blarren stans and the Klaine stans who don't care a fig about Kurt in this relationship something else to fixate on and they can leave Kurt and Adam alone. And considering that Blaine falls in love as easily a some people stub their toes, it shouldn't be hard for Blaine to find a new love of his life that he's imagining spending his life with. Maybe there's a new cashier at Old Navy for him to sing too.

Now about people who act shitty and get rewarded for it... there is a queen of this and her name is Rachel Berry. I made a point in the snark and bark about Rachel and Quinn being very alike in how they treat others and that the only difference for a long time was that Rachel's standing at the bottom of the social heap made her snide and cruel comments about others pretty empty and easy to ignore. But now that Rachel is in the upper social levels of NYADA (by virtue of her dating Brody and the Winter Showcase performance) she is on her way to becoming just as much a bully and snob as Quinn was. And like Quinn, the writing is on the wall that she is heading for a very swift and hard fall.

Her behavior towards Kurt is very typical of the Rachel-centric view of the world that she has. When she needed his support, she was all about them against the world but now that she has a man and is being hailed as the most talented student at NYADA? She goes rushing off without a thought that maybe for the first day or two helping her best friend get his footing at the school and maybe introduce him to people (though I'm increasingly of the opinion that the only person she could introduce him to is Brody since she doesn't interact with anyone else). That's bad enough that Kurt is feeling shut out, but it's too his credit that he's not blaming Rachel or demanding that she stop paying attention to Brody and spend time with him. He did very much the same when he first became close with Blaine and neglected Mercedes. He's looking to find his own place at NYADA independantly of Rachel. He's not asking her who she thinks he should join up with, but just tells her what interests him.

And here we have the biggest evidence of Rachel's oversized ego now getting the best of her. Rachel, the girl who insisted to Finn just in the last episode how important ND was for her even if they had never competed and won anything is now telling Kurt that joining the Apples would doom not only his experience at NYADA, but his career for the rest of his life. But how she put it, calling the Apples as being below stage managers and carpenters is really telling for me. In Rachel's world, there are stars and everyone else who is beneath notice. The members of the chorus are sad people who don't have the talent to be anything more. The stage personel who do all the behind-the-scenes work that actually make the production run regardless of who's actually on the stage are beneath notice. They only exist to give a star like Rachel the spotlight to perform in. Rachel doesn't have contempt for these "little people" of the theater world, who often work without getting any accolaides but without them, there just is no show. They don't even register on her radar.

This is an overblown, overentitled tendancy that we saw with the WSS production in season 3. That when Figgins cut the financing for the show, Rachel's outburst was about "her" show being endangered. She didn't lift a finger to help save it or even thank Kurt for arranging the sponsors that kept it going. In Rachel's world view, everyone else involved in the staging of a show is there to serve the star (rather than the star, along with everyone else involved to be serving the production). And it's this kind of dismissive, self-centered attitude that is going to engineer a very swift and harsh reality check for Ms. Berry.

And the downward slide for Rachel is going to start the morning when Kurt discovers that he has a new roommate that he was given no say over and decides to finally stop catering to Rachel's ego and start standing up for himself.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/27/2013, 1:58 pm

I don't think FOX will be OK with having 2 gay couples on the show at the same time, 3 if Santana starts dating someone. If Blaine finds a new boyfriend they will probably separate Adam and Kurt and focus on Blaine and his new LI. This is Blee after all.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 1:58 pm

No Kurt songs (of course), but GOBR has posted sound files for all the songs this week:

http://gleekoutbr.com/ouca-as-musicas-do-episodio-naked/

I'm listening to "Love Song" now, and I like it. Naya really does have a uniqueness about her voice. And I know Dianna doesn't have as strong a voice as the other girls on the show, but there is a sweetness in it that I have always liked.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 2:00 pm

sheny wrote:I don't think FOX will be OK with having 2 gay couples on the show at the same time, 3 if Santana starts dating someone. If Blaine finds a new boyfriend they will probably separate Adam and Kurt and focus on Blaine and his new LI. This is Blee after all.

That's why they need to just retcon Blaine to be bi. He's had his moments of uncertainty on the show. It wouldn't be that far of a stretch to make him bi.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 2:03 pm

Listening to Torn now. I like it a lot. It's very close to what I remember the original being, but I think Lea did a good job on it. Sometimes, I think Lea oversings on songs, and I'm glad that she didn't do it on this song. I think this is my favorite Rachel song this season.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 2:06 pm

Listening to the Hot In Hear/Centerfold preview. It's really not my type of music, so I don't care for it much, but it is very sultry sounding, so this could be a fun one to watch (though I think because I'm old, it will probably be uncomfortable to watch high school age boys dancing around topless--even knowing that the actors aren't teenagers).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 2:09 pm

1000 Years sounds fine. Melissa and Jacob sound good together. I like the way Melissa hit the notes when she was singing solo.

I have to admit that I actually think I'm starting to like Jake and Marley together. I like that they are showing Jake trying to break out of the Puckerman reputation. I hope that lasts.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 1/27/2013, 3:40 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sheny wrote:I don't think FOX will be OK with having 2 gay couples on the show at the same time, 3 if Santana starts dating someone. If Blaine finds a new boyfriend they will probably separate Adam and Kurt and focus on Blaine and his new LI. This is Blee after all.

That's why they need to just retcon Blaine to be bi. He's had his moments of uncertainty on the show. It wouldn't be that far of a stretch to make him bi.

How sad is it that I actually think this is far more likely than anything else that they would do with Blaine's character. FOX seems much more interested in appeasing crazy pre teens with a Darren crush than establishing Blaine as a consistent, viable character.

Just retcon him to bi, have him run around shirtless, and make out with Tina. That's what half his fans seem to want, anyway, and it frees Kurt to have an actual storyline again. What's one more retcon to Blaine's character at this point? Everybody wins, right? Well, except for maybe poor Darren, who gets stuck with the crap storyline. It's really not is fault.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/27/2013, 4:11 pm

opals wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

How sad is it that I actually think this is far more likely than anything else that they would do with Blaine's character. FOX seems much more interested in appeasing crazy pre teens with a Darren crush than establishing Blaine as a consistent, viable character.

Just retcon him to bi, have him run around shirtless, and make out with Tina. That's what half his fans seem to want, anyway, and it frees Kurt to have an actual storyline again. What's one more retcon to Blaine's character at this point? Everybody wins, right? Well, except for maybe poor Darren, who gets stuck with the crap storyline. It's really not is fault.

I don't want them to make Blaine bi. I've read comments made by parents of gay kids who say how their child identifies with Blaine and looks up to him. Darren even won some awards for portraying a gay character. If they decide to change Blaine all this will go to hell.

I want to see Kurt and Adam together, but I'm tired of Glee changing the characters just to make fans happy. I want Blaine to be alone and suffer more for losing the most gorgeous man in the world.
And making Blaine bi will probably only increase his screen time and he and his girlfriend will become the new Finchel. Can you imagine 45 minutes of Finchel and Blaintina for example trying to eat each others faces every week? We will never see Kurt and Adam again.

There will be solo versions of 'Bring him home' bounce Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_mhasazIf9y1qg49w0o2_r1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_mhasazIf9y1qg49w0o5_r1_500

Last edited by sheny on 1/27/2013, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 1/27/2013, 4:50 pm

[quote="sheny"][quote="opals"][quote="Jellyrolls"]
sheny wrote:

There will be solo versions of 'Bring him home' bounce Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_mhasazIf9y1qg49w0o2_r1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_mhasazIf9y1qg49w0o5_r1_500

I was just coming to post this. I am so excited! I was hoping they would release both. I love Lea's voice but Chris will play up the softness of this song while Lea will most likely over sing it. Not to mention the fact that I have wanted him to sing this song for ages. GUH! panik
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 4:53 pm

sheny wrote:
There will be solo versions of 'Bring him home'
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce

hola hola hola

This just made my day. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 5:05 pm

Having 2 solo versions might mean that Chris and Lea will sing it in different keys on the show.
Although they haven't done that before (with 'Defying Gravity' and 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina'), but these 2 songs were female songs (in a female key that Chris could handle as a countertenor), while 'Bring Him Home' is the first male duet that Hummelberry will both perform.

I'm very excited about this. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 5:17 pm

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! i wanna bring him home too. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/27/2013, 6:57 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I screamed from joy when I saw that they're releasing a solo version I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I'm tearing up. crycry I'm so excited!

He's going to sound so amazing and even if a duet version isn't released fandom will handle that and it'll be the best of both worlds and everything is so wonderful right now. wub

ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/27/2013, 7:10 pm

Hearing Hugh Jackman and Matthew Morrison sing it, I can't tell you how excited I am to hear Chris sing "Bring Him Home"! And I kind of figured it would be in two different keys....I don't expect Lea to sing in the male key! tonguue

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 8:08 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Hearing Hugh Jackman and Matthew Morrison sing it, I can't tell you how excited I am to hear Chris sing "Bring Him Home"! And I kind of figured it would be in two different keys....I don't expect Lea to sing in the male key! tonguue
I'm more afraid they will let Chris sing it in a female key, tbh. unsure

But not tonight! Tonight I will celebrate Chris singing a Les Miserable song as a solo!!! And lbr: which other guy on the Glee cast besides Matt Morrison would be able to pull that off? suure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/27/2013, 8:43 pm

I hope not. After the beauty that was "Being Alive", I want to hear more male solos from Kurt! Let him show his diversity!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 10:28 pm

i don't mind he sings a female key on screen but sings a male key on the solo album. but I doubt they will make 2 versions like that. maybe they will just let him keep the male key, and let Lea sing an octave higher. Marie - is it possible?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 10:43 pm

It would make absolutely no sense to have Rachel singing in the man's key (which doesn't suit her voice at all) and have Kurt singing in a woman's key (which he could easily do but the man's key is right in the middle of his comfort range). The song in it's original key is precisely in the part of Kurt's range that is his strongest so if there is anything with a key change, it will likely be to suit Rachel's voice.

Regardless of key, I think what is going to put this in the bag for Kurt is his abilities to translate the raw emotion of the song and make it palpable for his listeners. I have no doubt that Rachel can sing the notes, but her biggest weakness is a performer is not able to really delve into the emotive qualities of a song (unless it's something that she's specifically feeling at that moment).

Totally agree that it is refreshing for Kurt to be getting songs associated with male performers and male characters. It's the kind of stuff that he needs to focus on if he's going to have a successful career on Broadway, and the songs suit him so well. I'm looking foward to more NYADA-based performances from him where he'll get to sing some great male standards that will really begin to show not just his talent as a singer, but his ability to play characters without totally losing himself or totally overpowering the character with his own personality. That, of course, is depending on the network staying out of the song choices and strop trying to shove so much top 40s down our throats.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 11:12 pm

kurt is in a performing art school training to be (hopefully) a broadway actor/singer. If he wants to find a role that's not some sort of "trans" he would have to play a man and sing a male song in a musical. If he wants to be a solo singer then he can sing whatever he wants, but playing a role is a very different thing. you have to fit the role to get the role, unless you create the role for yourself.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/28/2013, 3:53 am

I would really want particularly this song from Chris in original key, especially now when I know I get to hear the whole thing. bounce bounce bounce But I am kinda more than positive he is going to sing it in female key. I don't think there is very possible they would let to sing Rachel and Kurt in different keys... but I really hope so! Can there me next monday already?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/28/2013, 5:20 am

fantastica wrote:i don't mind he sings a female key on screen but sings a male key on the solo album. but I doubt they will make 2 versions like that. maybe they will just let him keep the male key, and let Lea sing an octave higher. Marie - is it possible?
No, that would be quite impossible.

I'm hoping that if they make a key change (so they both sing it in the same key), they will meet somewhere in the middle, and not use a key that accomodates Lea the most and Chris will just have to adapt. Let Lea have to stretch her vocal range too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next