Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+27
Kurt addict
Ranwing
bayth
murasaki1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Georgette888
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Catt24
MoviesAreLife
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
zuppid
Delight
tanita_mors
Ireth
arina
BlueJazz
sahhar
Kurt Hummel
fantastica
brisallie
31 posters

Page 12 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 12 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  fantastica 6/30/2013, 11:07 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Maybe some of you noticed I've been pretty absent the last few days (I certainly hope you noticed tonguue) .
I have been preparing for my holiday with my hubby and kids. We often say that we never go on holiday, but move temporarily to another country and back again, lol. 

We will go to Spain (travelling for 2 days through France). I hope I will have internet connection once I'm there, or else I will surely go crazy. Laughing 
So, hopefully I will be back here in a few days, but if not I'll be gone for almost 4 weeks, enjoying the sun and sea, while temporarily forgetting about Glee (although pining for news and pics of Chris, boohoo).

And when I get back it will be only a few days before TLoS2 comes out! So there's lots to look forward too!

coool

oh boy, have a great trip marie! it just happened that i sent my son to spain yesterday. he will be there for a month as a foreign exchange student. maybe you can give him a singing lesson or two. Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/1/2013, 4:25 am

I hope you and your family will have the best time Marie!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/1/2013, 10:06 am

Glorfindel wrote:Maybe some of you noticed I've been pretty absent the last few days (I certainly hope you noticed tonguue)

Oh, we definitely noticed. It's hard to miss missing you fanny2 

Enjoy your family holiday trip (Is it confirmed yet?). I hope that it is uneventful-- in the 'my car didn't break down and there are no unexpected nasty surprises' sense-- and that you'll still get internet connection at where you're going.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/1/2013, 10:33 am

All posters are missed! Hoping that your plan will go without a hitch!

On a bitter sidenote, everyone are going on their holidays and I'm still stuck at work here. The positive is that when they all return from their vacay in August I get to leave and laugh at their face! OK, more likely I'll just slink out and don't even want to think about work!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 3:13 pm

my young boy just arived in spain yesterday safe, but the airline lost his luggage! i am so mad. he knows little spanish and may feel reluctant to talk to them, but I think there's a way to contact hte airline (American Airline) to get hte luggage back. I have had my luggage sent to the wrong place once and later forwarded to me so w/ persistence he can get them back. he's got all his meds and contact lenses there. even though all of them are replaceable, i still wish he can have them back. he is a lone in a foreign country. i am so worried i am about to pull my hair out.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/1/2013, 3:43 pm

fantastica wrote:my young boy just arived in spain yesterday safe, but the airline lost his luggage! i am so mad. he knows little spanish and may feel reluctant to talk to them, but I think there's a way to contact hte airline (American Airline) to get hte luggage back. I have had my luggage sent to the wrong place once and later forwarded to me so w/ persistence he can get them back. he's got all his meds and contact lenses there. even though all of them are replaceable, i still wish he can have them back. he is a lone in a foreign country. i am so worried i am about to pull my hair out.

Was it a direct flight? Usually, if its stuck in the deporting country I think they ship it with the next flight within the consortium. AA is I think Star Alliance? But if its gone for a wrong flight, it might be difficult.

I'm always amazed if direct flights loose luggage. I mean I can understand if you have to switch flights sometimes the luggage chain/transfers breaks, but lost luggage in direct flights is just unprofessional.

Anyway, I hope your son is demanding enough...although it's a good growing up experience, and it might become funny and exciting in the end. Ending up walking around the town wearing the most ridiculous clothes that you bought at the closest supermarket! Smile Been there!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 4:22 pm

no. it transfered at Barcalona (to Marid). so it probably got lost during hte transit. do we still have hope?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/1/2013, 4:41 pm

fantastica wrote:no. it transfered at Barcalona (to Marid). so it probably got lost during hte transit. do we still have hope?

Domestic flight in Europe? Chances are that it hasn't flown very far then...buuut you never know. Hopefully it's just stuck at Barcelona and is already sent or on its way to Madrid.

I know there are a lot of mothers in this board and it's your job to worry, but he'll be fine. Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/1/2013, 5:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Maybe some of you noticed I've been pretty absent the last few days (I certainly hope you noticed tonguue) .

I thought it was quiet around here Wink

Have a great vacation!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2013, 10:45 am

happy independence day my fellow americans!

hola

p.s. i am wearing a red/white/blue starred tank top to show my patriotism (because that's the only tank top i have that's not in the laundry basket). time to do the stupid laundry. :( 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/4/2013, 12:43 pm

Have a great Fourth of July to all the Americans on the board! :-)
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2013, 1:57 pm

everybody is either roasting in the record heat or licking the tasty BBQ chicken. Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 7/5/2013, 3:38 pm

Guess who's back? Well, I can honestly say this week has simultaneously been the most rewarding and excruciating experience. The first day dragged on forever, and I ended up literally twiddling my thumbs by the end of the day. I was moody and bored out of my mind. On the other hand, I read an entire history book and I wrote 3 different stories. Unfortunately, because I was nowhere near a computer, I didnt make any progress on my Karofsky story. But I can say that I won't be on as often, but still frequent enough to keep with you guys.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/5/2013, 9:07 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Guess who's back? Well, I can honestly say this week has simultaneously been the most rewarding and excruciating experience. The first day dragged on forever, and I ended up literally twiddling my thumbs by the end of the day. I was moody and bored out of my mind. On the other hand, I read an entire history book and I wrote 3 different stories. Unfortunately, because I was nowhere near a computer, I didnt make any progress on my Karofsky story. But I can say that I won't be on as often, but still frequent enough to keep with you guys.

It seems you needed to vent your feelings. Somehow I imagine you saying this in one breath.

Welcome back!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/6/2013, 6:47 am

Guess, now I'll be the one to cut back some time here. I'll be heavily focused on writing and sending out applications. Every time I am on here, please feel free to tell me to leave and focus on my damn job hunt fanny2 

@ColdFlame: Nice to see you again neutre 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/7/2013, 12:52 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:Guess who's back? Well, I can honestly say this week has simultaneously been the most rewarding and excruciating experience. The first day dragged on forever, and I ended up literally twiddling my thumbs by the end of the day. I was moody and bored out of my mind. On the other hand, I read an entire history book and I wrote 3 different stories. Unfortunately, because I was nowhere near a computer, I didnt make any progress on my Karofsky story. But I can say that I won't be on as often, but still frequent enough to keep with you guys.

I can just imagine how boring life would become without computers and the internet at this day and age.

Technically, you could still write stories without a computer. I recall that I wrote my first fanfiction with pen and paper (because I didn't own a laptop). A friend of mine helped me to type it out on computer and post it at her website. Ah, I'm feeling nostalgic just thinking about it. Fun times. This had happened more than 10 years ago, mind you.

Lottie2303 wrote:Guess, now I'll be the one to cut back some time here. I'll be heavily focused on writing and sending out applications. Every time I am on here, please feel free to tell me to leave and focus on my damn job hunt fanny2 

No one is going to ask you to leave (even if it's for your own good tonguue ). We'd love to hear more thoughts from you if possible. Good luck with the job applications and interviews. Writing resumes can be a pain.

I guess things are getting more quiet around here at this time, what with the lack of Glee spoilers and the end of Chris's Europe trip and book/film promotion. However, TLOS2 will be out soon, so that's something to look forward to and to discuss in the future.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/7/2013, 8:24 am

I won't be entirely gone, but just with a limited capacity. Applications are a pain in the ass. As much as I love Chris, sometimes I have to prioritize my own life life first fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/11/2013, 2:40 pm

I have been preparing for my holiday with my hubby and kids. We often say that we never go on holiday, but move temporarily to another country and back again, lol. 

We will go to Spain (travelling for 2 days through France). I hope I will have internet connection once I'm there, or else I will surely go crazy. Laughing 
So, hopefully I will be back here in a few days, but if not I'll be gone for almost 4 weeks, enjoying the sun and sea, while temporarily forgetting about Glee (although pining for news and pics of Chris, boohoo).

And when I get back it will be only a few days before TLoS2 comes out! So there's lots to look forward too!

coool

We'll miss you! Have fun!Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/29/2013, 3:17 pm

I wasn't sure where else to post this....

My mom committed suicide yesterday. She was found in a hotel with a suicide note and a large bag of pills next to her. The coroner says it's likely she died of drug overdose. I didn't find out until yesterday evening, when the police came to my door. I live with my mom, and was dependent on her - she was helping me get through college before I had to go out on my own.

I've lost not only someone whom I love very, very much. But potentially everything. I don't know where I'm going to go or what I'm going to do. I know I haven't posted here very often lately, but I do read the forum frequently. I don't know how long it'll take the dust to settle. So I need to leave, at least for now. Hopefully I can return, in a month or two or three. But I just wanted everyone to know why I've vanished, because this forum and you guys were my Glee fandom home for so long.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/29/2013, 3:23 pm

ColferGirl wrote:I wasn't sure where else to post this....

My mom committed suicide yesterday.  She was found in a hotel with a suicide note and a large bag of pills next to her.  The coroner says it's likely she died of drug overdose.  I didn't find out until yesterday evening, when the police came to my door.  I live with my mom, and was dependent on her - she was helping me get through college before I had to go out on my own.

I've lost not only someone whom I love very, very much.  But potentially everything.  I don't know where I'm going to go or what I'm going to do.  I know I haven't posted here very often lately, but I do read the forum frequently.  I don't know how long it'll take the dust to settle.  So I need to leave, at least for now.  Hopefully I can return, in a month or two or three.  But I just wanted everyone to know why I've vanished, because this forum and you guys were my Glee fandom home for so long.  

Jesus Christ! I don't even know what to say. I'm so, so sorry!! Is there anyone you can live with while you recover from this loss...your dad? Any relative? And don't worry about posting: after something like this, it should be your last concern. But just know that we are all here for you if you do feel like talking.

Please check your PM's.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/29/2013, 7:44 pm

Oh honey, i don't know what to say. I can't possibly understand what you are feeling right now. The loss. My deepest condolences. Just hold in there and never ever give up. This forum is unimportant. Take care of you. Just know that when you are ready we will all be waiting for you.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/29/2013, 9:05 pm

Erin, I am so sorry to hear about your terrible loss. I know that no matter what I say cannot make you feel better, i can't even imagine what you are going through...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/29/2013, 10:52 pm

OMG Erin, I'm so sorry! This is awful.

I also don't know really what to say. I wish that I could reach out to you through the computerscreen and take you in my arms.
I hope you have friends and/or family who will help you through this.

Although we can't physically help you I want you to know that we're all here for you if there's something we can do for you. If you want to talk or just be distracted from your problems for a while, please feel free to PM me or vent somewhere else on this board.

Hang in there. Sending you my love.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/30/2013, 9:50 am

Dear Erin,

I know words are poor comfort to you right now, after such a devastating and unexpected loss of a loved one (and, from the looks of things, the stability of your future as well). One of my work colleagues had lost her sister to suicide just recently, and I could see how the guilt and sadness ate away at her. Although it was something that was hanging around for a long time (it hadn't been the first suicide attempt by her sister, though it was the first time and only time she succeeded), the blow was still hard when it happened. It's impossible to prepare yourself for something like this.

I'm here if you want to talk, or if there's anything you wish to ask of me. Don't worry about this forum. Just focus on yourself for now. I hope that you have someone else in your vicinity (close friend? relative?) who can reach out to you and help you in this time of need.

Take time off from college. Ask for compassionate leave. See a doctor to get medical leave, or counselling, if necessary. I hope you can get help in matters of funeral arrangements and the execution of your mother's will (I know my father and no small number of his siblings had gathered together to help out in these matters when his sister-in-law passed away, leaving behind her orphaned children).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/30/2013, 11:05 am

I am so, so sorry. I also apologize that I haven't seen this post before and was happily posting on this board without responding to you first. I really don't know what to say, as no words can form what you must live through right now. Be strong - as cheesy as it sounds - and I hope you are better very, very soon. I am truly sorry you have to experience such a loss.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next