Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+27
Kurt addict
Ranwing
bayth
murasaki1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Georgette888
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Catt24
MoviesAreLife
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
zuppid
Delight
tanita_mors
Ireth
arina
BlueJazz
sahhar
Kurt Hummel
fantastica
brisallie
31 posters

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 42 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  fantastica 1/16/2016, 12:26 pm

Not just humans. Pets too can get cancer. Our dog died from it years ago. Apparent there's a big chance of tumor growth in the location of vaccine injection. I now limit my cat's vaccine frequency to once every 3 years instead of annually. Vets want to make more money so they insist on annual injections. There's really no need to.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2016, 6:55 pm

My dog has inoperable cancer but new treatments have kept her going for over a year with a good quality of life ( she eats and drinks well, wags her tail and has energy and is as lovable as ever) but researching it seems some vaccines might have triggered the cancer.

However it's remarkable the progress in cancer treatment, she takes oral chemo pills and it's keeping so far the cancer at bay.

As long as she is enjoying herself I'll forego little luxuries ( $$) because she is so worth it to me.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/16/2016, 7:04 pm

Our dog was operated twice plus chemo and all what modern vet medicine could offer, and when the cancer came back for the third time we decided to let her live and die in dignity. She lived for more than a year since then. I was the only one fighting for the decision to let her go.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2016, 7:57 pm

It's so hard, and I suspect many years from now it will come out all the info ( being deliberately withheldIMO ) linking some things directly to the cancer in humans and pets.

I remember how Linda Mccartney was a poster child for years for healthy living and it seemed such a shock when she got cancer.

Cancer is such a terrible scourge of our day, taking so many friends/family. :(
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/19/2016, 12:45 pm

Glenn Frey from the (oldie) band Eagles just died at 67. Wasn't from cancer but still he was way too young by today's standards. This is a really bad year! Looks like this is going to become a "celebrity dying off like flies" thread? :(

Perhaps many young people don't know the Eagles, but I love their songs. Glenn Frey also pursued a solo career afterwards.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/21/2016, 3:02 pm

Not Prince!!

His death hits me so hard. Purple Rain, etc, the man was such a genius and well, I'm just so sad about this.

:( :(
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2016, 12:14 am

I'm not a fan,  but I am utterly shocked by his death.  He's only 57!  I mean,  what the hell is going on this year? ??

Maybe entertainers don't live long.  :(

RIP
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2016, 2:04 am

fantastica wrote:I'm not a fan,  but I am utterly shocked by his death.  He's only 57!  I mean,  what the hell is going on this year? ??

Maybe entertainers don't live long.  :(

RIP

I got you Kim :( I'm neither a fan, but Prince was one of those musicians/singers that was already an icon. So is shocking to realize he's dead. And some people are already afraid of this year, wonder who will die next :( o.o
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/23/2016, 12:10 am

long long long ago i dated a guy who was a huge prince fan. in fact he could not name another musician he loved as much.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2016, 4:55 pm

Prince was still so young, it's a bit unbelievable. Another pop icon gone. :(

2016 has been brutal so far. Not as famous as Prince, but this week the very talented British comedian and writer Victoria Wood also died, age 62.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2016, 9:24 pm

Several times a posted that I had breast cancer but deleted it soon after as I was worried it would put people off coming to this thread or this forum as it is a depressing thing to post here.

But I glad I did because I have good news for the time being.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast before Christmas I was told i was going to be homeless as the real estate for my friends house they a renting wanted myself and my best friend out as we were living in the lounge room.

In January I had a body scan which revealed it had spread to liver, lungs (12mm lesion in each lung and one in my pancreas.

So, instead of getting my breast removed I was put into treatment and Chemo. Some of the doctors were not expecting any of the treatment to work so gave me as worst case scenario 18 months to two years to live.

I am happy to say after three months of treatment the cancer has reduced. I had two lesions in my left breast were one had broken the skin, but after two weeks of Chemo they had disappeared is were I felt I had some hope.

Lucky for me I have gained weight, have an appetite all the time, and lots of energy.

Even better I have none of the bad affects of Chemo; no nausea, diarrhea, or any other bad effects, and now I have no side effects except for constipation, sometimes reflux.

I cannot each junk food as my body does not want it and I get this uncomfortable feeling in the stomach and get the runs. Perservative I have the same reaction.

My body craves vegetable and fruit and anything healthy.

I was living in a tent at the beginning of the year, but I am now living in this lovely cabin at a caravan park and able to save the money for a bond a two weeks rent while a live here.

Also getting my teeth fixed for free.

I am staying positive and in good spirits. neutre 

Just found out the biggest tumor in my breast is shrinking even more and getting even softer. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2016, 4:10 am

^That is a lot of bad news to process, but thankfully also a lot of good news to counterbalance it. You've been through a lot, Liz, and it amazes me that you are so good spirited now after all those struggles. I'm also glad you are getting healthier physically every day.

I wish you all the best for the time to come. cvece
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2016, 4:38 pm

Liz, i am so sorry to hear that you had b cancer. It's a horrible feeling as I myself had once suspected that I had it (but luckily it wasn't after further exams), and the emotional toll was much worse. Suddenly the sky had fall down, figuratively. You must be a very brave girl, to face the hardship that life threw at you. Thank God things are looking better now. Breast cancer has a pretty high survival rate nowadays, if caught relatively early. Nopefully yours can be cured. Suzanne Summers battled breast cancer over a decade ago and she seems better than ever. The odds are definitely with you so keep up the good spirits. If you need to vent or tell us anything, please do. We are all your friends and although we can't do anything concrete to help you, we can offer moral support.

----------------------

Talking about news of celebrity deaths, 2016 isn't even half over, and there are a number of rumors about certain celebrities dying as we speak. So this death roll will continue on, before the end of the year. That's life. We will all meet our makers, to leave room for the young, and to nourish other life forms. This, is the ultimate God's plan.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2016, 9:01 pm

@ColferInspired so sad to hear you have gone through that painful process :(, but by other side I'm glad your positiveness hasn't been gone, because is a feeling that will help you to keep going. I send my best vibes and prays to you, hopefully everything got better for you. You know, a cousin had cancer last year, and thanks to God, was able to beat it and now she's recovering from it. Keep your beloved ones around, and don't lost that positiveness. Always keep fighting.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2016, 10:00 pm

Thank you everyone. *big hugs*.

I was scared when they gave me the worst case scenario before I started treatment. But I guess they give that to every single of their patients or as least most.

But I knew two weeks later when I discovered the two smallest tumors in my breast had gone, that the treatment must be working.

I am so relieved that I am not losing weight but gaining over a kilo each week.

I have met several at the cancer unit and have heard their stories. It inspires me as you all have as well just now.

Nearly every week their is a new or new people with cancer showing up at the cancer unit or have some kind of blood disorder as they look after these patients as well. :( 

And my hair is growing back, which is a relief as it upset me when my friend he had to cut it off when I started to lose chunks of it. banzai
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/15/2016, 4:31 am

Sending you strength Liz! Eat healthy and I'm also wishing you all the excellent doctors and time to recuperate.  <3
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/16/2016, 10:53 am

So glad things are looking up for you. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2016, 5:07 am

Thanks again for your support. Smile 

I have treatment tomorrow.

I am always so hungry, so they give me sandwiches but I am hungry afterwards. Razz 

Once nearly ate a whole pack of crackers that they put cheese and Vegemite (been eating Vegemite since I was three).

I have had two Crispy Creme donuts this week.

But I am going back to eating healthy and antioxidants tomorrow.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2016, 3:20 pm

Good appetite is a very good sign Liz. Many cancer patients are so wasted their ravaged bodies have no strength to fight the tumors. Looks like you are the lucky one. Wishing u continued success and complete recovery.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/22/2016, 8:57 pm

Well, they are giving me a steroid before I have chemo which does help with giving me an appetite. This is what they tell me. neutre 

I was on phernergen which helps to stop nausea but left me having to pee during treatment and I felt stoned most of the time as it made me sleepy. They give me a tablet now that is better as it was awful getting up every five minutes to go to the toilet and dragging an IV stand with me.

Plus, another side effect was restless leg syndrome, where my legs would want to move all the time.

I have an allergy to preservatives now. But I can find lots of food that have no preservatives and have mostly natural ingredients.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 6/12/2016, 1:30 pm

RIP Orlando shooting victims :(

Just horrible. Hope that shooter rots in whatever version of hell he believes in.

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2016, 1:13 pm

Absolutely horrible! RIP those poor victims who never saw this coming. :(  There's no punishment severe enough for the shooter in hell or not. All these innocent people and their families are destroyed due to this mad terrorist.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/13/2016, 4:04 pm

It's horrible, just tragic.

Yes, it was a terrorist attack, but I'm not going to mince words, it was also a homophobic hate crime, since the murderer was apparently upset by seeing two men kissing.

The killer was American ,as others have said, he wasn't "radicalized" to hate gays, sorry for my vent, I don't mean to minimize or distract from this terrible monstrous sad event.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/13/2016, 4:15 pm

I just saw that the victims, some whos names have already been disclosed, are all under fourty, so young and most of them closer to 20.

More than scared, these escalating attacks make me loose faith in humanity, a little by little. Why someone has so much hate and rage inside of them that they have to kill others, not just talk and mock, but actually take a life.

I know its not always PC to say this, but it's always the straight angry man. Men kill women, children and other men in a rate that is staggering.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2016, 5:16 pm

The killer has angry management issues before (beating his ex etc.) so he's someone who is not a stranger to violence. Yes he's brought up in America, but Americans range from black to white (Literally) and all shades in between. We are American because we all hold the passports issued by the same government, and pay taxes to the same government, but we come from different ethnic, religious and cultural background, not to mention we are so genetically diverse (which means some people are more prone to violence, or have mental/psychological issues). Plenty of Americans (although a very minor percentage of the population) are radicalized by some in their communities (who may have come from abroad recently), and/or learned stuff from the internet. In this day and age ideas travel far and fast.

I once read about an American guy - a total loser, who could never get a date, or held a job long enough, or made a friend close enough, found his calling in ISIS, and became a fighter in Siria. There he is finally able to assert power over others - by raping whichever girl he wants to, and killing whoever who dares to look at him the wrong way. In the US he was a nobody and never had any power over anyone. All his failure taught him to hate. People like him are attracted to radical ideologies that blame all the problems of the world on "imbeciles" (or whoever they declare war on) and empower enraged people to act out their inner demons. Nationality really doesn't matter.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next