Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal Read and Discuss thread

+11
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
fantastica
ColferGirl
arina
Ireth
msjoanlucette
Glorfindel
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal Read and Discuss thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal Read and Discuss thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/14/2013, 2:06 am

I am a bit late on buying the book. Just did. Looking foward to reaqding it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal Read and Discuss thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal Read and Discuss thread

Post  Delight 3/14/2013, 8:19 am

^ Let us know your thoughts when you're done fanny2

If you get the chance to listen to the audiobook, there are two highlights in it:

1) Chris's imitation of Allison Janney's voice is uncanny.

2) Chris's lisp when he reads out the entry by the 'Biebler' girl (which casts shade on Glee) is hilarious.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2013, 9:21 am

^Oh yes, his 'Bieber girl' lisp, recorded while wearing his old retainer! ptdr

I love that man. wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/14/2013, 12:39 pm

Delight wrote:^ Let us know your thoughts when you're done fanny2

If you get the chance to listen to the audiobook, there are two highlights in it:

2) Chris's lisp when he reads out the entry by the 'Biebler' girl (which casts shade on Glee) is hilarious.

I plan on getting the audio book someday.Although,I am not a good reviewer I will post my thoughgts on the book,when I am done.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/14/2013, 8:31 pm

Delight wrote:^ Let us know your thoughts when you're done fanny2

Now I really want that audiobook! *sigh* My library is so behind... :(

I'm curious...what was his "stoner" voice like?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/16/2013, 3:06 pm

Just got the book today. Will be reading it soon.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/16/2013, 4:13 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:Just got the book today. Will be reading it soon.

Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/16/2013, 4:38 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:Just got the book today. Will be reading it soon.

Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you. Think I will.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 8:59 am

I craved and finally brought the book, as I cannot listen to audio books (it is a shame, as I love Chris voice in this one particular). I cannot get over the fact how many dirty jokes are present Smile. Loving it so far and I am happy to finally read the second half of the journal. That is normally the time for me to be asleep... fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/25/2013, 11:10 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I craved and finally brought the book, as I cannot listen to audio books (it is a shame, as I love Chris voice in this one particular). I cannot get over the fact how many dirty jokes are present Smile. Loving it so far and I am happy to finally read the second half of the journal. That is normally the time for me to be asleep... fanny2

YAY! It is everything you hoped it would be? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/25/2013, 1:29 pm

Sure, It also received a 5 star review at Amazon neutre .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/25/2013, 1:37 pm

Nice.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/26/2013, 5:27 am

BTW there is a very dedicated Chris fan active on the German Amazon page. Both my SBL and LoS reviews (5 and 4 stars respectfully) received both within one day ‘thumps up’. Considering the number of reviews on the German page are rather limited, I really doubt his books get checked out that much.

I will listen to the audiobook soon again. I love Chris as Carson. But now I don't have to worry about skipping a passage. So I don't have to be afarid to fall asleep and miss stuff Razz
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/27/2013, 7:46 pm

You mean you are not jolted awake by Chris swearing his head off? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/29/2013, 10:23 am

Nah, loved the swearing but got used to it quickly. I swear too much myself fanny2 . Audiobooks are my kryptonite - they basically the fastest way to let me fall asleep. I just cannot concentrate, no matter how much I like a voice Razz
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/29/2013, 2:24 pm

LOL!

I'm a total "potty mouth" through writing only, but I still like to hear Chris swear. It's not like I haven't heard it all, but it's weirdly cool hearing the voice of "Kurt Hummel" saying such language! Wink

Btw, I've just discovered that Orphan Black is available for free on On Demand! I'll watch it soon and let you know what I think!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/29/2013, 3:00 pm

You'll love and then we can fangirl blushh

I also love to hear Chris swear... for whatever reason. Makes him somehow real as a person and you realize once again he isn't actually Kurt.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/29/2013, 4:48 pm

Exactly! He's one of us, and not Kurt- faint at the sight of snot- Hummel (whom I adore, btw). fanny2

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/29/2013, 4:51 pm

We can all agree we adore Chris, Kurt and Carson neutre
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/29/2013, 4:55 pm

Of course!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2