Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread

+20
valkeakuulas
bayth
Divalicious
MissSoniaPP
Ireth
arina
Piciollina
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
sheny
tamara04
fantastica
M&M
CloveGlee
ladydianab
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap52%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 52% 
[ 11 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 11/30/2012, 8:27 pm

in case any of you wondered what is a "kiki", this is what I found:

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 E9fd84504fc2d56272e4c40ae71190ef74c66caa
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 11/30/2012, 10:09 pm

(long review, sorry)

Good episode, with a good flow from Lima to NY and vice versa. It had a nice balance between the 2 narratives, although we really need a more NY centric episode soon to flesh out that part more too. The grads are still the heart of this show, imo, although the newbies did okay this episode, except for Marley: everything involving her is just bland and awful.

“Dude, when you start crying I’m gonna kick you ass.” Kick my butt then, Puck, ‘cause I couldn’t keep it dry during ‘Homeward Bound/Home’. I miss the old grads so much, and I wasn't even invested in Mike, Mercedes, Puck and Santana in previous seasons. But they are so much better than what we're stuck with now.
The choir room suddenly doesn’t look like bingo night at an old people’s home anymore, with the real cast of Glee back. The episode could have used a lot more plot and storylines for the graduates, and the way they turn up at McKinley at random so far is terribly contrived, but the little that was written for them in this episode was quite fun. The mentoring could have worked better if it was given more screentime and meaning, but now it was just the oldies propping up the newbies again. Did Mercedes even talk?
Also: giving the oldies their newer versions to mentor, made it very clear how bland 2.0 and failing the clones are in comparison.

The Puckerman brothers bonding could have potential, if we had actually seen them getting from “I never met my bastard brother” to “I need some advice from my bro on chicks”. There’s a whole lot of space and thoughts there that needed to be filled inbetween those 2 sentiments, before I can dig the Puckermans becoming best bros now, but we will never get it on this show.
Quin is self-destructive crazy again, what else is new? Run, Dianna, run. And what was the point of the “slap heard around the world” exactly, besides it being a scene to be used in the promo to sparkle interest in the episode? Is it “to be continued”, or is it to be abandoned and forgotten next week and beyond?

It’s very obvious that the competitions are not important to the writers at all anymore, when it comes to giving it some good songs and a meaningful build up in previous episodes. Therefore(and not only because they have to have them 3 times every year on the show) they have become very repetitive and boring. Not even the celebrity judges are funny anymore.
The good dance performances of the Warblers can almost, but not quite, cover up the loss of the Beelzebubs. And why give the blazers 2 songs? One Warbler song at Sectionals is okay, and I’m all for Sebastian bringing the eye candy, but 2 songs is overstaying their welcome, especially when ND only gets 1 song, plot twist or not.
The performance of ‘Gangnam Style’ showed once again that Tina can fill the center stage position just fine, if they let her. But that song was g*dd*mn awful. This performance could have been fun in the choir room or at a Kiki, but as a competition song it’s just plain insulting. Nothing can absolve RIB for giving the green light for this and crapping on their own show.

This episode's absolute low was Marley, again. Can she just go away? I’ll accept the rest of the newbies if I must, but Marley is bringing the Lima side of Glee down to an unwatchable level. What an utterly weak and bland character.
The Ryder/Jake friendship is slowly growing on me. But why can the guys be friends on this show and get past disagreements, but never the girls? Bros help each other and fist bump, while girls scheme and slap each other: that’s Glee in a nutshell. One of the few friendly scenes between girls of last year, Quinn giving Rachel the train tickets, was remembered wrong by the writers in this episode: that says it all, I guess.

Oh, Hummelberry, you look adorable and sexy together. Get drunk and make out already. Tumblr will explode if you do, and the ratings will fly through the roof if they promote the hell out of it. It’s a win/win situation on all fronts, imo.
Rachel is right not to want to be taught by a TA in a prestigeous school like NYADA, especially not by a TA who’s abs are more impressive than his acting, singing and dancing skills. But maybe those abs are why Rachel was back in Brody’s arms again so quickly.
Brody is still as exciting as a potato, and talking about food: sensual touching hands while buttering up a dead, cold turkey is so not romantic. Brrrrrr. Kurt’s right: I wouldn’t eat that manhandled bird anymore either.
But it's good to see Rachel and Kurt having fun for a change. Let’s Have a Kiki’ was marvelous! Absolutely cheesy, but I loved the phone call lead in of SJP. I wondered about the ‘Turkey Lurkey Time’ being thrown into the mix, but it’s so like Rachel to step into the game and fun with a song like that! Her dads would be proud.
Brody had the GPOY in this whole funny mess of a party. And Kurt looked and sounded so hot in the Kiki frenzie: why aren’t half of New York’s available young men (and women) all over him?

And wow, Kurt is not letting Blaine off the hook for cheating easily. *cheering*
Although finally showing Kurt's POV in the Klaine mess was too little too late, the phone call was good and to the point. I liked that Kurt only took half of Isabelle’s advice. Yes, he called Blaine to get some closure, but he couldn’t forgive Blaine yet, as Isabelle suggested, and that’s alright. He did what he felt he had to do, for himself, and not because he felt obligated to Blaine. Klaine doesn’t need 3+ endless break-up scenes when they have Chris Colfer acting the way he does, showing us all Kurt's emotions in just one little scene.
This scene would have been perfect, if the whole ‘ice-skating at Christmas’ promise hadn’t, imo, felt very tacked on, simply to probably shoe-horn another cute Klaine Christmas duet in to sell on iTunes.
I absolutely love Kurt and Isabelle’s friendship. I’m glad Kurt has a maternal confidante in her and I wish SJP would have committed herself to Glee for the whole season.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/30/2012, 10:20 pm

i didnt listen to any music previews. was it the "homeward bound" in the beginning of hte episode? when I turned on the tv it was Marley's monologue. so I missed the first few minutes of the show.

i can't stand Ganam style. I hated the song when I first heard it. i just don't understand why it was so popular. it was neither a good song nor a great music video. there are much better songs, much better singing, much better choreography, and much better music video filming out there. i couldn't even finish this song the first time I saw it on YouTube. maybe I am too old.

I don't consider that kiki song is a "song", but it was fun and glad to see kurt happy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/30/2012, 10:31 pm

The problem as far as competitions go is what else can they have ND do? The team already has a Nationals title. The show, in my opinion, made a big mistake on how it carried out the ND journey because they wanted the seniors to graduate with the ultimate title. It was a very steady, even progression that is pretty outlandish by any standards. Season one they make it through sectionals only to lose at Regionals. Season two they make it all the way to Nationals, but don't make it to the final level of competition. Season 3 they win Nationals. So... now what?

Having ND actually lose and not have a trap door (like a rule that allows the Nationals champions to progress to the next level despite a poor performance) would be an honest and interesting to see the group have to figure out to regroup and find another avenue for performances if competitions aren't an avenue. It would totally suck for the seniors (Tina, Artie, Blaine, Brittany), but it would at least be something different. But I have no doubt that the show will find some way of getting ND back into the game so they can defeat the Warblers (who rightfully deserve to win based just on performances, although inappropriate song was inappropriate).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/30/2012, 11:32 pm

I loved this episode, except for Marley's story. I didn't even feel emotional when she fainted, I felt nothing as I have seen better Bulimia stories from other shows in the past, with betters actresses acting them, that made me feel something. Marley I have not interest in.

It was Kurt once again that nearly had me in tears. Chris you have done it to me again, you nearly had me crying. Though it was that scene in Duets with Rachel before they did that wonderful Happy Days/Get Happy, I was sobbing and Grilled Cheesus. No actor has ever had that affect on me.

Brody needs a lot more to make him an actual character, but Dean does have loads of chemistry with Chris, more than Dean has with Lea.

I like Brody in this episode, and love the way he interacts with Kurt. I want more Brody and Kurt friendship.

He treats Kurt better than the guys at McKinley did.

Brody has things in common with Kurt, so he is better than Sam. He has a skin care regime. Now I want to see Kurt and Brody having facials and having a boy's night in. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930

For the first time ever I didn't care about ND, I want The Warblers to win. I liked them better than ND.

The old cast, oh, how I missed them. But I liked what we got, but I wished they'd left out the newbies more.

I am so happy the ratings went up. I hope they go up even further next week. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 4247136565

Let's have a Kiki/Turkey Lurkey was amazing. Kurt was incredible and so was Rachel.

This was one of the highlights of the show, including all the Kurt scenes.

This performance was so much fun to watch. This is definitely the episode I will be re-watching. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/1/2012, 12:50 am

Wow, the reviewers are changing their tune.

A lot of them aren't interested in the newbies anymore.

The one from Digital Spy said Marley's collapse was underwhelming, but praises Kurt and Isabelle as an arresting sequence. I am seeing a lot of reviews like that.

Melissa certainly cannot beat Chris at emotional scenes.

These reviewers were full of praise last week for Dynamic Duets and saying the show didn't need Kurt and Rachel. Well, they are changing their tune now. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930

The old cast definitely outdid the newbies. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/1/2012, 12:54 am

Overall the episode was good and fast. Probably because they were lots of characters and storyline.

McKenley

Still thinking that's unrealistic to bring the old gang only to help the newbies to perform at Sectionals, I can understand that's Thanksgiving and is the opportunity to see their families too, but aren't them busy with their life? Umm probably Puck is the one who has less things to do lol. But by other side, I miss them and I don't care if sometimes they come to Lima and say "Hi" wub

Quinn is just as crazy as she were last season, for a second I believed she was gonna be totally sane but she's isn't. And I'm wondering if they're gonna develope her romance with the 35 years old man, or it was only done on purpose to the discussion between her and Santana, where they brought up lots of things from the past like Santana's jealousy towards Quinn,which probably was truth in season one. Anyway the slapping was funny though lol.

In regards of the newbies, though I try to understand what's can be the connection between her eating disorder, which it seems get worse everyweek and her lack of confidence, still I think that Marley is a bland character for me and I'm not sure if is a good comparison, but she's like Bella from Twilight, who's the damsel in danger and usually is helped by her boys. And talking about Marley's boys, slowly I'm starting to like the friendship between Jake and Ryder, I think it was cute when Jake told him to relax and enjoy the music, just feel it.

New York

I have to be honest, seriously I'm not sure what're they doing with this storyline. I feel like they're not investing so much to develop Hummelberry's life in the big apple. Though both Lea and Chris are amazing actors and they can carry on a storyline by themselves, I'd like to see more people interacting with them. Besides of Brody, and Cassie and Isabelle as regular guests. Yeah still I want either Santana or Finn (though I'm upset with him because he haven't spoken to his brother ¬¬) or What about Quinn and her train ticket?.

Anyway, what I liked from this episode was LETS HAVE A KIKI/TURKEY LURKEY TIME, that song has been on repeat all day in my head!!! The performance was so weird and unexpected that I simply love it wub and Kurt was so hot. His low voice! and I noticed that Brody had better chemistry with Kurt than Rachel- even some people on tumblr are ship them -. And is there some way to keep Isabelle the whole season? She's the person that Kurt needs in his life at this moment, and I love how she just hugged him after the phone call, because that was all Kurt needed at that moment.

...And talking about the phone call, I've to say that it was well written, even a drop fell on my face , mostly because of Chris's acting, though Darren didn't so bad, well maybe because he had less lines. But as I said before it was well written, but I didn't expect that it was gonna be Kurt's idea to do ice-skating and don't like that so much, but lets think is gonna be a entertaining time between FRIENDS, just that.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/1/2012, 1:17 am

i thought DC did fine last night.

I hope blaine goes to warbly school now that it's likely the winner of hte sectionals.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/1/2012, 3:33 am

ColferInspired wrote:I loved this episode, except for Marley's story. I didn't even feel emotional when she fainted, I felt nothing as I have seen better Bulimia stories from other shows in the past, with betters actresses acting them, that made me feel something. Marley I have not interest in.

It was Kurt once again that nearly had me in tears. Chris you have done it to me again, you nearly had me crying. Though it was that scene in Duets with Rachel before they did that wonderful Happy Days/Get Happy, I was sobbing and Grilled Cheesus. No actor has ever had that affect on me.

Brody needs a lot more to make him an actual character, but Dean does have loads of chemistry with Chris, more than Dean has with Lea.

I like Brody in this episode, and love the way he interacts with Kurt. I want more Brody and Kurt friendship.

He treats Kurt better than the guys at McKinley did.

Brody has things in common with Kurt, so he is better than Sam. He has a skin care regime. Now I want to see Kurt and Brody having facials and having a boy's night in. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930

For the first time ever I didn't care about ND, I want The Warblers to win. I liked them better than ND.

The old cast, oh, how I missed them. But I liked what we got, but I wished they'd left out the newbies more.

I am so happy the ratings went up. I hope they go up even further next week. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 4247136565

Let's have a Kiki/Turkey Lurkey was amazing. Kurt was incredible and so was Rachel.

This was one of the highlights of the show, including all the Kurt scenes.

This performance was so much fun to watch. This is definitely the episode I will be re-watching. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930

I want more Kurt/Brody too.

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_meauxlq2eG1qfbgyfo1_500

There was another gif of Kurt holding Brody's hand during "Let's have a Kiki". But i can't find it now. People commented that Brody was actually the first straight guy who held Kurt's hand and had no problem with it. But I think I remember Puck holding his hand during booty camp last year. It doesn't matter it was sweet.
Dean definitely has more chemistry with Chris than he has with Lea.
I want Kurt and Brody to become good friends. They have a lot in common. But I won't hope too much. It probably won't happen. Blaine is the only one allowed to have straight male friends, also known as bros.

Last edited by sheny on 12/1/2012, 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/1/2012, 3:38 am

I am not shipping it or anything but I also thought Brody had more chemistry with Kurt than Rachel (and the sad thing is I think Kurt has better chemistry with almost every guy than his ex boyfriend). I am not big fan of Brody, he is there just to say nice things about Rachel most of the time, but it really was nice to see some guy treating Kurt totally normal (and from the start) and not like the guys in McKinley...
And Kurt definitely made Brochel scenes more fun :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/1/2012, 3:55 am

brody attends NYADA which means he is literally swimming in a sea of gay guys. didn't he say in episode 1 that he had to declare himself straight or something to rachel? anyway, i am sure he has no trouble hanging out w/ gays.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/1/2012, 4:38 pm

It's kind if funny that so much emphasis is put on the Blam (Blaine and Sam) gay/straight friendship, when Kurt and Brody just are becoming friends and it's no big deal. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  indiaskye 12/1/2012, 5:22 pm

Soooo ... my thoughts about "Thanksgiving" ... Let my start by saying that I really enjoyed this episode! Definitely one of my favorites this season so far. It was soooo good to see the old cast together again – I never knew how much I missed some of them until I saw them all together again ... fanny2

As far as songs go, my favorite is definitely “Homeward Bound/Home” (playing that on repeat right now). With “Let’s have a Kiki” I’m not a big fan of the song (it’s a little too weird for my taste) but the scene itself was certainly as cracky and fun as I thought it would be. And I don’t even want to talk about “Gangnam Style” – that was hands down the worst song Glee has ever done!

Loved the Hummelberry and Kurt/Isabelle stuff in this episode, and I agree with those who say they'd like to see Kurt/Brody friendship - their scenes together are really good, and it would be nice for Kurt to have a straight male friend in New York! Brody seems absolutely comfortable around Kurt so I hope they'll further develop that (though I don't really expect them to - this is Glee, after all).

The Klaine phone call ... This scene was probably the first time since TBU that Blaine has elicited any emotional reaction in me that wasn't anger. I actually felt for (or with?) him here - his relief at (and happiness over) having Kurt talk to him again was palpable – and even though I'm not ready to forgive him yet this scene has finally managed to make me a little more sympathetic towards him, and has given me hope that maybe Blaine and I will be okay again eventually … fanny2

But then again - this scene showed something that his scenes in TRYWBTP and Dynamic Duets could not successfully convey (for me at least) - pure and true emotion. It was the first time (excluding the Teenage Dream performance in TBU) that I really felt - and believed - how sorry he was and how much he still loves Kurt. I think what bothered me most about Blaine in 4x05 and 4x07 was that I didn’t feel any real emotion coming from him - no real depth to it (well, except for the flashback). Especially in 4x05 I felt that he was feeling sorry for himself rather than sorry about what he did. This scene, though, was raw and open and honest, and like I said - for me that was the first time (other than Teenage Dream) that I could actually see - and, more importantly, feel - all of Blaine's emotions … the first time that his pain actually touched me, and the first time since TBU that I actually felt a connection to him. I think acting-wise Darren did really well here, not over-acting but putting in enough emotion to make it feel real and believable (and that’s a thin line to walk so kudos to him).

Kurt was really strong in this scene - or maybe I should rather say Chris. Thank god for him and his ability to convey so much with what little he's given to work with or else Kurt's side in this would be almost non-existent. You can see that Kurt is conflicted, and I am glad for knowing that
Spoiler:

There were a lot of emotions playing out on Kurt’s face (and in his voice) – hurt, resignation, want, hesitation, hope, uncertainty, grief over what he lost and might never have again. Kurt is no longer the silly romantic that he once was. The hug with Isabelle at the end of this scene (and Kurt’s face after the call and before/during the hug) showed just how broken he still is, and how much he's still hurting. It was also one of my favorite parts of this episode and made me love Isabelle even more. This call was a hard thing for Kurt to do, and it showed, but it also looked like he felt better afterwards and that’s the most important thing.

This phone call was no doubt a very powerful scene and one that moved me more than I thought it would but at the same time not enough to just make me throw all my concerns overboard. This might have been the first step in reconciling me and Blaine (or Klaine) again, so to speak, but like Kurt I'm definitely not there yet - and the road may yet be bumpy. In order for me to accept Klaine as a couple again I will need to see Blaine really show Kurt that he can trust him again, and prove to him (and me, too) that he really deserves that second chance.

I still wish we’d gotten another Kurt scene after the one with Isabelle – one with him talking about what Isabelle said with Rachel (or, Brody – anyone, really) and letting us know what exactly was going on in his mind. Within the space of one episode (an episode he wasn't even in!) Kurt has gone from "I don't trust you anymore" to "You're sorry and I believe you","Let's go ice-skating at Christmas" and "I love you" - and all that with no real explanation at all! Nothing much to show us how he got from point A to point B. Sure, there was that short scene with Isabelle where they talked about Blaine but that only explains why he called Blaine to get some kind of closure – but not why his whole demeanor towards Blaine would be so very different from what we saw in “Glease”, right to the point where he invites him to go ice-skating at christmas. It just felt to me like a link is missing between these scenes.

I don't really have anything to say about the newbies since I didn't pay very much attention to their scenes ...
indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 12/1/2012, 7:13 pm

^ I'm really glad you joined the CCFF Vanessa. I love reading your posts. neutre I agree with everything you said, especially how amazingly talented Chris is, conveying so many complex emotions in that one phone call. It's like he was trying to make up for the episodes where Kurt's POV on the breakup was completely ignored, and tried to put as many of the emotions Kurt was feeling as he could into that one scene. It expressed Kurt's hurt and agony over the situation better than anything else so far (in fact, though Kurt said he was mad at Blaine in the dialogue, because of Chris's acting I mainly saw and felt his hurt and grief and yearning...).

And I agree with you about Blaine too. Blaine's still gotta work at rebuilding Kurt's love and trust in him again, and prove he deserves a second chance, before I'll ever be okay with Kurt and him becoming a couple again.
Spoiler:
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/1/2012, 8:08 pm

it looks like they are giving klainers a silverlining that the couple are on the way to reconciliation. i am sure rm loves to play this kind of game to manipulate fans' emotions.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 12/1/2012, 9:51 pm

I still wish we’d gotten another Kurt scene after the one with Isabelle – one with him talking about what Isabelle said with Rachel (or, Brody – anyone, really) and letting us know what exactly was going on in his mind. Within the space of one episode (an episode he wasn't even in!) Kurt has gone from "I don't trust you anymore" to "You're sorry and I believe you","Let's go ice-skating at Christmas" and "I love you" - and all that with no real explanation at all! Nothing much to show us how he got from point A to point B. Sure, there was that short scene with Isabelle where they talked about Blaine but that only explains why he called Blaine to get some kind of closure – but not why his whole demeanor towards Blaine would be so very different from what we saw in “Glease”, right to the point where he invites him to go ice-skating at christmas. It just felt to me like a link is missing between these scenes.

It is only because I have been watching Chris Colfer play Kurt Hummel for three years, and I've seen certain patterns develop, that I understand what has happened here. This may be part head canon.

Kurt's got walls. They are big and heavy and ice, ice cold. If you breach them he will love you with his heart hanging out, but if you violate his trust after you've pierced his armor he will can be absolutely bitchy. Part of the reason why he does that is because he's made a portion of the wall extra thick because he's still bleeding there and he's trying to protect himself... but he probably does still love you, and he'll be secretly looking for a way that it's OK for him to love and trust you again.

I have seen it three times now. Finn called him a faggot and threw stuff around the room; Kurt turned into Jack Frost around Finn after that until Finn put on the rubber dress and made Karofsky stand down. Then they were friends again.

Rachel betrayed him during the Class President race, and he treated her like a leper - but even while she was begging him to forgive you could just look at his face and tell that it was taking every bit of will he had to keep those walls in place. He was SO relieved when he was able to be her friend again.

It happened here. He knows Blaine really isn't going to be able to hand this long-distance relationship, and it's got to cut Kurt to the soul that Blaine bedded a random less than a month after Kurt left Lima. But his resolve has been wobbly all along. He wanted to go to see Grease and see Blaine; he just realized he couldn't actually talk to him when he got there. He really wanted to go home on Thanksgiving, and only stayed in New York because Rachel was being pretty spectacularly selfish. I suspect she doesn't even realize that. Isabelle was able to frame the situation in such a way that forgiveness became, not something that Kurt owed Blaine, but something he owed himself for his own peace of mind. Kurt's whole face melted in relief as soon as she told him that forgiving Blaine was the right thing to do - not because Blaine deserves it, or because Kurt was somehow at fault for the breakup Rolling Eyes but because he cannot heal until he lets this go.

I also suspect that Kurt will not realize for sure that he simply cannot be Blaine's boyfriend anymore until he sees him again. We've actually already seen that pattern. He wanted to see Blaine during Grease, but found he was not able. Also... here's what I saw in those "I love you's."

Blaine: I love you so much! (IloveyouIloveyou oh, boy, maybe we are getting back together and I have hope again I love you maybe if I say it enough times he will love me back I hope I hope I hope...)

Kurt: (OK, I just made this grand gesture and invited him to go ice skating and he's got part of my soul in his pocket and he just said he loved me. If I don't say it back, every bit of healing that just happened here is going to get thrown away and it's all going to get ripped right back open again. And it... uh... may be true. ) I love you.

I think they came up with this ending because it's the right ending. It's the fangirl's own fault if they read spoilers and assume a Klaine romantic rekindling as if it were owed to them.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/1/2012, 10:16 pm

sheny wrote:...
I want Kurt and Brody to become good friends. They have a lot in common. But I won't hope too much. It probably won't happen. Blaine is the only one allowed to have straight male friends, also known as bros.

That pisses me off so much! I really want to see Kurt having straight male friends. Why Blaine is the only one allowed to have one? Probably because they love to be clear that Blaine is the "male" side, whereas Kurt is the "female" one. C'mon! both are boys!

fantastica wrote:it looks like they are giving klainers a silverlining that the couple are on the way to reconciliation. i am sure rm loves to play this kind of game to manipulate fans' emotions.

That's Ryan favorite game: manipulation.

I know Klainers felt emotional when Kurt said "I love you" to Blaine, but for me it was more like a friendly "I love you" that something else. Because Kurt himself said that Blaine is still one of his friends. You know, in spanish this would be more clear for me,because both words "Te amo" and "Te quiero" means I LOVE YOU, but the second one is less stronger. So Kurt would had said "Te quiero".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 12/1/2012, 10:25 pm

arina wrote:I am not shipping it or anything but I also thought Brody had more chemistry with Kurt than Rachel (and the sad thing is I think Kurt has better chemistry with almost every guy than his ex boyfriend). I am not big fan of Brody, he is there just to say nice things about Rachel most of the time, but it really was nice to see some guy treating Kurt totally normal (and from the start) and not like the guys in McKinley...
And Kurt definitely made Brochel scenes more fun :-)

fantastica wrote:brody attends NYADA which means he is literally swimming in a sea of gay guys. didn't he say in episode 1 that he had to declare himself straight or something to rachel? anyway, i am sure he has no trouble hanging out w/ gays.

I really like Brody as Kurt's friend. They are just friends, there's no big declaration about you're my gay friend/gay bro which always tends to happen at McKinley. But I have to admit, I don't like Brody outside of his relationship with Kurt, he seems kind of sleazy to me.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/1/2012, 11:25 pm

I did like Darren's acting (which has been a long long time) he kept it simple and honest, it was not overdramtic or over emotive.

I still think his love is comedy not drama.

And I hope they do build up the friendship with Kurt and Brody. I am hoping Chris is suggesting this.

I like he is getting a love interest, but I want a male friend even more.

I just want a scene were they are sitting on the couch watching television, with face masks on, eating popcorn. I can't think of what they would talk about at the moment. Maybe it could be about the actors and actresses, who they thought were hot or something.

Now this would be a positive platonic relationship to show on this show, that an effeminate guy can be friends with a straight male, plus it could be lovely and comical as well. I just would like to see Rachel walk in and see them, it would be funny. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/1/2012, 11:46 pm

i rewatched the kiki scene like 10 times and I can't see kurt grabbing brody's hands or vice versa. it doesn't mean any one way or the other though. they all know each other and are friendly. no need to develop friendship w/ everybody you meet. Smile i am surprised that chase wasn't in teh party though. oh well, no mention that chase was an "orphan" anyway. he was probably at home dining w/ his family. maybe he was even married. i am thinking too much. just made a great dinner and the cholestrol is clouding my brain....
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Adamina 12/2/2012, 12:10 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I just want a scene were they are sitting on the couch watching television, with face masks on, eating popcorn. I can't think of what they would talk about at the moment. Maybe it could be about the actors and actresses, who they thought were hot or something.

Now this would be a positive platonic relationship to show on this show, that an effeminate guy can be friends with a straight male, plus it could be lovely and comical as well. I just would like to see Rachel walk in and see them, it would be funny. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 3429310274

You should write for Glee, that scene would be priceless Razz
Adamina
Adamina
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/2/2012, 12:27 am

Are you all becoming desensitized to Darren's acting? I am going to put this in spoiler tags because it is probably too snarky for this thread. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:

It wasn't his worst acting on the show, but it wasn't great. I think that we have our kurtsie blinders on and we have been waiting for the moment for Kurt to confront Blaine. Chris was really great in the scene. He showed Kurt's strength and control in the situation with expressions, body language, and some well placed pauses. Darren just can't hold his own in an emotional scene opposite Chris. They really need to keep Darren's emotional and dramatic scenes opposite actors who are closer to his talent level.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/2/2012, 12:30 am

fantastica wrote:i rewatched the kiki scene like 10 times and I can't see kurt grabbing brody's hands or vice versa. it doesn't mean any one way or the other though. they all know each other and are friendly. no need to develop friendship w/ everybody you meet. Smile i am surprised that chase wasn't in teh party though. oh well, no mention that chase was an "orphan" anyway. he was probably at home dining w/ his family. maybe he was even married. i am thinking too much. just made a great dinner and the cholestrol is clouding my brain....

Kurt grabs his hand right before Brody asks what a Kiki is
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/2/2012, 6:33 am

if found the acting serviceable, until the end, when he went a bit to over-dramatic with the crying - it looked ultra forced compered to chris's style. man, blaine is such a whiny, needy guy. i can totally see why he was in the dalton fight club and why he is such a good boxer./NOT
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  indiaskye 12/2/2012, 10:51 am

ColferGirl wrote:^ I'm really glad you joined the CCFF Vanessa. I love reading your posts. neutre I agree with everything you said, especially how amazingly talented Chris is, conveying so many complex emotions in that one phone call. It's like he was trying to make up for the episodes where Kurt's POV on the breakup was completely ignored, and tried to put as many of the emotions Kurt was feeling as he could into that one scene. It expressed Kurt's hurt and agony over the situation better than anything else so far (in fact, though Kurt said he was mad at Blaine in the dialogue, because of Chris's acting I mainly saw and felt his hurt and grief and yearning...).

Wow - thanks! I always feel like I'm in this small camp in the middle right now - not ready to forgive Blaine yet and not wanting to see him and Kurt back together anytime soon, but also not opposed to an eventual Klaine reunion if it is done right.

As for Chris's acting - I just really cannot think of another young actor who is as talented as him right now, and that surely can't be only bias speaking ... fanny2 He can convey more emotion and inner conflict in 2 seconds than most actors in a full movie!

[quote="CloveGlee"]

Also... here's what I saw in those "I love you's."

Blaine: I love you so much! (IloveyouIloveyou oh, boy, maybe we are getting back together and I have hope again I love you maybe if I say it enough times he will love me back I hope I hope I hope...)

Kurt: (OK, I just made this grand gesture and invited him to go ice skating and he's got part of my soul in his pocket and he just said he loved me. If I don't say it back, every bit of healing that just happened here is going to get thrown away and it's all going to get ripped right back open again. And it... uh... may be true. ) I love you.

I agree that Blaine's "I love you" seemed to hold a lot of hope that maybe - just maybe - there was a chance of them getting back together, while Kurt's "I love you" was more hesitant and subdued. I don't doubt that he meant it - of course he still loves Blaine, you can't just turn that off like a light switch - but from him it sounded more like he'd just realized that while it is true it could be that maybe in this case love won't be enough .... at least for now. I don't know if I'm saying this right - it makes sense in my head so I hope you understand what I mean ... Rolling Eyes

Jellyrolls wrote:Are you all becoming desensitized to Darren's acting? I am going to put this in spoiler tags because it is probably too snarky for this thread. Read at your own risk.

I don't think it's becoming desensitized - at least not in my case, since I've always liked Darren. I do think he is a good actor - especially in emotional scenes like this one - though he is not on the same level as Chris, of course. But then again - who is, really? Chris is kind of in a league of his own right now ... Smile

However, I have no problem with anyone not liking Darren or his acting (especially here on this forum), and I wouldn't have written this much about Blaine/Darren in any other thread than an episode discussion thread anyway ... fanny2
indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next