4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

16% 16% 
[ 3 ]
37% 37% 
[ 7 ]
26% 26% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
21% 21% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 19

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tamara04 on 9/28/2012, 8:08 am

[quote="Delight"]Just downloaded the episode but have yet to watch it. Will come by later to drop my penny's worth of thoughts later on. From the responses so far, I am really looking forward to the SJP/Kurt scenes.

tamara04 wrote:what does "Kurt was the H.M.F.I.C." mean?

I asked this very same question in another thread a few weeks ago. It's tanita_mors's variant of 'HBIC' (Head B*tch In Charge) acronym. Now replace the B with MF. The words that represent MF are the same in BAMF fanny2

Hmmm okaaaay....I think I get it...lol I think... ohmy
avatar
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Posts : 162
Join date : 2012-09-23
Location : Montreal, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 9/28/2012, 8:11 am

Glorfindel wrote:Normally I would write a little review on several forums about the episode, but this time I don't know if I even want to bother. Mad
I can't say what I want on other forums (except here) without getting hate responses from Blarren stans, and I also don't want to gloss things over if I post about the episode.

I'm just not interested in another characters' stan war, not about Klaine, not about Finchel.
I love both Kurt and Finn dearly (though Finn can be an *ss sometimes), and I would want to defend them and tell their POV, but I don't have the energy to dive into the argument this time.
Discussing on a Glee forum is not funny or an entertaining mindgame anymore.

Maybe I'll sit this one (and the next one) out, or only respond to other posters who give Kurt all the blame.

In the mean time I'll just rewind Kurt's Vogue scenes over and over again. Maybe I'll make my own Kurt edit.

The Gleeforum is full of Blarren stans so I don't bother to say anything negative there anymore, or even state my opinion even though I find it founded.

I can't see the episode yet, as I my internet stuffed up a download. It stopped and when I got back on it said it had already completed but Windows Media Player won't play it. I think I might have saved it in the wrong format.

I'll try and download again tomorrow.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/28/2012, 8:53 am

BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:

I love Chris' reply, especially that winky smile wub

Sigh, when will Glee fandom evolve? Get a life, people. Stop taking fictional relationships so seriously. It's pathetic.

Besides, i love RM for calling that hater out. You go, Ryan!


I agree 100%.espeically the last part.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/28/2012, 8:54 am

BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:

I love Chris' reply, especially that winky smile wub

Sigh, when will Glee fandom evolve? Get a life, people. Stop taking fictional relationships so seriously. It's pathetic.

Besides, i love RM for calling that hater out. You go, Ryan!


I agree 100%.espeically the last part.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing on 9/28/2012, 9:29 am

Glorfindel wrote:Normally I would write a little review on several forums about the episode, but this time I don't know if I even want to bother. Mad
I can't say what I want on other forums (except here) without getting hate responses from Blarren stans, and I also don't want to gloss things over if I post about the episode.

I'm just not interested in another characters' stan war, not about Klaine, not about Finchel.
I love both Kurt and Finn dearly (though Finn can be an *ss sometimes), and I would want to defend them and tell their POV, but I don't have the energy to dive into the argument this time.
Discussing on a Glee forum is not funny or an entertaining mindgame anymore. :(

It's really unfortunate that fan wars can drain the enjoyment out of watching a show, or that you can't post an opinion wihtout getting jumped on. The Darren stans are extremely vocal and extremely protective of Darren. I suppose that I can't totally blame them as I'm just as protective towards Kurt and Chris, but if I can stand reading about a major Rachel stan on TWOP saying that he wishes that Rachel would kick Kurt into the garbage chute so she could share the loft with Brody and Jesse without bursting into flames, then then should be able to tolerate someone not loving the behavior of their favorite character, or not thinking that the actor is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This isn't the only fandom that I see it in, and there's something about the on-line fandom where things can get extremely toxic very quickly. I have the misfortune of always liking the characters that aren't the overwhelming favorite of the majority and often find myself dug in while trying to defend my POV. It gets very tiring very quickly.

In the mean time I'll just rewind Kurt's Vogue scenes over and over again. Maybe I'll make my own Kurt edit. wub

I kind of do that while watching the show live. I just tune out whatever is going on that doesn't involve Kurt. Singers that I don't like get the mute button.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sheny on 9/28/2012, 10:05 am

Probably I'm the only one who laughed when Finn showed up. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but he didn't call her for nearly 3 months after breaking up with her what was he expecting.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  zuppid on 9/28/2012, 10:10 am

OMG!!!
THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 234
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  BlueJazz on 9/28/2012, 10:51 am

Jellyrolls wrote:There are way too many of them to post here. Go here:

https://twitter.com/MrRPMurphy/with_replies

And you'll see his response. Click on view conversation on each tweet to see the question.

Thanks bisou

Glorfindel wrote:Normally I would write a little review on several forums about the episode, but this time I don't know if I even want to bother. Mad
I can't say what I want on other forums (except here) without getting hate responses from Blarren stans, and I also don't want to gloss things over if I post about the episode.

I'm just not interested in another characters' stan war, not about Klaine, not about Finchel.
I love both Kurt and Finn dearly (though Finn can be an *ss sometimes), and I would want to defend them and tell their POV, but I don't have the energy to dive into the argument this time.
Discussing on a Glee forum is not funny or an entertaining mindgame anymore. :(

Maybe I'll sit this one (and the next one) out, or only respond to other posters who give Kurt all the blame. unsure


I can't say I feel for you since I've left GF for some time but I'm sorry that you feel this way. Here's a hug for you (and other Kurtsies who is dealing the fandom shit):



I know we all should be happy about this slightly Kurt-centric ep but can I just say that I dislike that Kurt is being condemned by the fandom right after his first win in this season? No matter what, he just can't win, right? I don't wanna blame the writers because they may not did this on purpose but I just need to rant here. Besides,
I don't get why people decided to send hate tweets to Chris and writers just because Kurt ignored Blaine's calls. He's in a freaking meeting, people! Why is he not allowed to call Blaine back later?? It's not like it's an emergency call. I don't get why people are saying that he's self-centered and insensitive because if that. Plus, why didn't anyone mention that Blaine's a clingy bf? He won the class persident, got Sam as his friend and now he can't deal with the fact that his bf has a life besides him? Seriously, what is this shit?? antifana tronco



*take a deep breath* Ok, I should stop taking this fandom so seriously. Glee fandom is almost as ridiculous as Supernatural ones. Focus on the good Kurt scenes in this ep from now on, girl. Have some gorgeous Kurt :

_

_

aa54 aa54 aa54

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 690
Join date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight on 9/28/2012, 11:43 am

BlueJazz wrote:
I know we all should be happy about this slightly Kurt-centric ep but can I just say that I dislike that Kurt is being condemned by the fandom right after his first win in this season? No matter what, he just can't win, right? I don't wanna blame the writers because they may not did this on purpose but I just need to rant here. Besides,
I don't get why people decided to send hate tweets to Chris and writers just because Kurt ignored Blaine's calls. He's in a freaking meeting, people! Why is he not allowed to call Blaine back later?? It's not like it's an emergency call. I don't get why people are saying that he's self-centered and insensitive because if that. Plus, why didn't anyone mention that Blaine's a clingy bf? He won the class persident, got Sam as his friend and now he can't deal with the fact that his bf has a life besides him? Seriously, what is this shit?? antifana tronco

I had thought to unleash my displeasure over this same matter as well in the S&B thread. But since you're doing it here, let me join you fanny2

The 'perfect boyfriend' image for Blaine is definitely out in full force in this episode. Blaine joining numerous wacky clubs? Just another excuse for a pointless Blaine solo/montage. Because he missed Kurt. Blaine running for school president? Because he's doing it for Kurt (I thought it was about freedom and hair-gel, but whatever). And let's remind the audience who never watched last season's Glee that Blaine transferred to McKinley purely for Kurt.

Let's now look at the 'bad boyfriend' image for Kurt that the writers had painted Kurt with. Kurt didn't help his bf choose his bowtie, and how dare he be excited about his new found career in NYC and talk about his achievements in NYC when Blaine is stuck in high school? Also, Kurt didn't immediately drop everything to answer a call from him. Never mind that Blaine can call, I dunno, a couple of hours later when Kurt is free to chat with him to his heart's content?

Sheesh.

This debate about who's right and who's wrong in this situation doesn't even interest me. I don't care who wins the title of 'better boyfriend' in Klaine. This is the story the writers are trying to tell-- It's challenging to make a long distance relationship work. Simple. If there is a fanwar that is going to break out over this, then I'm steering clear of it. It's seriously not worth the aggravation. I just wish that people have the good sense NOT to bother the actors involved, or tweet rude comments to them. There are more important things than fictional relationships between fictional TV characters.

Ultimately, I'm only interested in Kurt. Klaine as entity and a relationship just doesn't appeal to me, because I want to see more facets to Kurt than just 'boyfriend'. The aspects of Kurt that exist outside of Klaine are what I wish to see more. His new relationship with Isabelle is a good start. From the way the writers had been writing Kurt for a while now, you'd think that he mainly exists just to service Hummelberry and Klaine; and he deserves to be more than that.

When you look closely, Blaine at least got some development in this episode (complete with his own voice-over and actual conversations with a couple of non-Kurt characters). If I'm a level-headed Blainer, I'd be clamoring for the two to remain separated just so that there's more opportunity for individual character growth.

@Ranwing, I agree about your comments about Sam. He lost several points in my eyes with that 'I can bromance with you better, Blaine, because you're not a can't-pass gay like Kurt' comments (paraphrased here, of course).

I'm beginning to find that I'm getting less and less interested in the NYADA storyline, if all there is to it is Rachel doing sexy dances or singing with Brody. Also, the new love triangle of Rachel makes me want to yawn.



Guh... Shoulders...
avatar
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ireth on 9/28/2012, 12:20 pm

First of all, I love the Vogue storyline and Isabelle. And seeing glimpses of Kurt and Rachel as roommates.

Brody annoys me. I'm glad Finn is back. I loved Rachel's makeover during the mashup, but I think I preferred her original clothes to the stuff she wore later on in the episode.

I felt bad for Sam until he talked about how Blaine is a better friend because he can pass, when Kurt was the one who always had his back and Blaine was the one who talked disparagingly about his stripper job, not just back in season 3 but in this episode as well. And last year was all about the seniors getting to shine? Really, Blaine?

Seeing Kurt in the grown-up world was really great, especially as it's somewhere his talent is appreciated. Plus he looked really, really good. And the shoulders in that Skype scene!!!
And it's cute how he always forgets his keys...but that made me think of how he probably didn't need keys back in Lima because Burt, and later Carole were always there to open the door for him. And now I miss seeing the Hudmels together.

I remember reading that Chase was supposed to cause trouble between Kurt and Blaine directly or indirectly. It seemed very unlikely based on what little we saw of him today. And lol when Kurt rejected Blaine's call, the picture on his phone seems to have them wearing the outfits from the breakup scene.
avatar
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors on 9/28/2012, 12:33 pm

Finally some time to post. Strategic Management is killing me these days.

That was an excellent episode all around. I don't think I was bored for a moment and I'm particularly glad Will finally had a storyline - poor guy.

Is this episode 4 or 5 now that starts directly with a Blaine solo ? I actually really enjoyed that montage of him - it was fun. The song itself is still weak to me, and he was mugging as hell, but it was a fun number. They were trying IMO to hard with his being the poor kid how was left behind. I think there is no other way to look at this situation but as him being in the right and Kurt being selfish. I don't feel that, but it's what RIB is selling. Of that I'm sure. Almost makes me want them to make Kurt the bad guy (I always tend to root for the villains in shows, Glee being one of a few exceptions Twisted Evil ) But, Blaine was to winy. It finally hit him that he transferred to school to just be with his boyfriend. What a dumb-ass.I guess they finally realized that Blaine was not a character without Kurt and now he is himself knows it.

I knew from another forum that he was going to win, but couldn't share it with you guys. That hair gel thing was so idiotic and Brittany is either a colossally naive or an evil mastermind IMO. Sam, I like him, but the Kurt shade is not appreciated.

The Vogue storyline was almost perfect. Just 2 little nitpicks. Some of the Kurt glorifying by SJP character felt too forced (how many time can you say "you are sooooo great and wonderful" to someone you just met without it sounding too weird. Then again, Kurt had never gotten this kind of praise before, so maybe that is why I'm finding it weird saispa ) and I didn't like the fact that she hinted at him giving up on Broadway. Other then that, it was fabulous. I loved their little hippo brooch exchange in their first meeting " Anyone who can pull of that brooch deserves to be here" and when they embraced "Oh, that thing should come with a warning" and him saying "It did". tonguue The mash up was perfection - and I loved the fact that Rachel was only in passing in his storyline. It was much better then we initially feared and I'm glad for it. As for Kurt and Blaine - I feel like Kurt is so swept into this new world that the old one is just not that interesting. IDK, but I have felt for a time now that Kurt is no longer dazzled by Blaine's "teenage dream" quality.

Totally saw Finn coming in the end like a mile away. I think he actually though that Rachel would wait and to an extend so did she. This was the episode she realized that the Finn thing is over. Maybe not for good, but yes for now. And she obviously likes the overt attention she gets from Brody.

All in all, a very good showing and if the next one is as good as people seam to say, we are in for a treat.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________



avatar
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2854
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : Serbia
Real Name : Ivana

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors on 9/28/2012, 1:05 pm

forgot one little bit - STONER BRETT NEEDS TO HAVE A CAMEO IN EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. LOVE HIM !!!!!! Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



avatar
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2854
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : Serbia
Real Name : Ivana

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 9/28/2012, 1:05 pm

this episode to me was uneven. I love the kurt part because I just love him. I can't get enough of him. but if I were not a kurt lover, i would his plot is too fast-paced, too forced. ideally it should be spread over to 2-3 episodes. Isabella pouring her heart out to this brand new intern right away is just odd. then after she caught kurt and rachel at midnight, she quickly joined them in a song and dance w/o any "next time, don't you dare to do that again" blah blah blah.

this is how glee treats Kurt: they either trash him and put him through hell, or give him fairy godmother and fairy realfather and "perfect" boyfriend. ok except sue, who seem to spank him and hug him at the same time.

i wasn't paying attention to the hs part of the show so I can't really comment on that. besides i feel emotionally distant to that part of the show so whatever they do I don't care.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Divalicious on 9/28/2012, 2:32 pm

My observations of the episode, trying to be as impartial as I can, without having coffee in my body. Forgive my train of thought.

Kurt was great. He really felt like a young man entering in the adult world. Interacting with adults not his father or teachers is a new experience. Kids embrace the idea of becoming an adult. Not taking a phone call, perhaps not the best boyfriend in the universe, but he didn't just look over and turn it off, he had to think about it. Intoxicating conversation that is positive and supporting between adults, or Blaine's call. Forming a relationship for your co-workers, or believing that your steady, firm, long-standing relationship can wait for a call to be returned. Hmmm, I'm with Kurt.

Blaine, is really showing some youth here, to put it kindly. When Kurt made him promise he wasn't coming to McKinley for him and Blaine said he did it for himself seems to be forgotten. That is a child's thinking, and technically, Blaine is still a child, nearing adulthood, so I can deal with that. Blaine continues to be a winner, so part of me wonders if next episode some of this pettiness is going to come out. That he can't seem to see that Kurt is finally experiencing the success that he takes for granted himself. He has yet to lose in high school, and even though he knows Kurt has lost repeatedly, and now is finally in a place that he is respected at and talented in, he has no frame of reference to know what it is to lose because of who you are. That you are too gay, too feminine, too stylish, too out there. People accept Blaine, and part of me thinks Kurt might point it out next week. If not, I will really be disappointed, but I don't think RIB treated either of them unfairly or out of character. It is the fandom I will blame, because too many are idiots. To say Blaine should break up with Kurt because he didn't take a call is pathetic. It is just them somehow thinking if Blaine is single they will magically have him start make out with some hot guy who will write him poetry and just sit there peeling grapes for Blaine. They want Blaine to be perceived as more important than the one he is with, which is why they resent Kurt, because he has a more rounded character, and a strong audience himself. Whatever.

SJP, while she did confide in Kurt very easily, she did also state what a very bad manager she is, and that she opens doors, not shuts them. So not entirely out of character to throw herself into a makeover. Loved how they used the same line Kurt once said involving Rachel's previous disastrous makeover. I am so very glad that she is staying longer, and I hope Kurt gets to enjoy a lot of scenes with her. It is refreshing to have an adult non-teacher on the show. I thought the Vogue connection went very well, fashion and music are both arts, and I think they mesh well.

I fast forwarded through the Rachel Brody scenes, because I wanted to get to bed, and still have no interest in seeing Lea make out with some guy to get some people hot and bothered. I say Lea because she doesn't feel like Rachel anymore. Part of that can come from where Lea said she played Rachel like a younger her, and now that she is an older character, they have simply merged. Snide comment-will anyone ever say Lea is just playing herself and that is why her acting is so good, like they often accuse Chris of? I really doubt it. It was nice seeing Finn.

Sam did lose points, the way he kept pointing out basically that Blaine is the more acceptable gay, and Kurt wasn't, again, forgetting all the assistance and respect Kurt dealt him last season lost him a lot of points with me. I did think he worked nicely with Brittney. Laying the ground work for cheating.

Interesting, not that I am saying that Rachel is essentially cheating, she called Finn her boyfriend, but I did remember a break up even if the writers didn't. So Rachel makes out with another guy, Looks like Brittney can at least become interested in another guy, but it seems the two couples whose relationship issue is related to work is considered some how worse. Like it is okay to have sex with someone else, but heaven forbid you put your job before them. So, most definitely the kiddy audience that MAYBE works at a fast food place if they work at all are making the most noise. Adults realize how intoxicating it is fitting in, and having your value rewarded in an adult setting. You are getting paid for doing what you like, the most enviable position for an adult to be in, in my opinion. Or, like with Emma, not wanting to move somewhere and interrupt her own livelihood. Emma has tenure, why would she mess with that. As adults, I expect Will to deal with it. Kurt, however, is involved with a teenage boy who hasn't faced adversity. It can either be a real growing moment, or a real douchey moment. Not that the teenyboppers will concede that, because again, make out with hot guy with no personality to be at Blaine's beck and call because he just deserves that much is so much better than sticking with Kurt, who has a personality and fans who defend him.

I don't expect Blaine to be at Kurt's beck and call any more than I expect Kurt to do the same. An adult relationship is supposed to be a partnership, which indicates give and take. They are also both human beings, and should be falliable. Again, why I love Kurt, he makes mistakes, but has a good heart. Blaine, is too many times portrayed as a perfect individual. Perfectly acceptable, perfectly desirable, the perfect boyfriend. But that is not real. There are no perfect people, just really nice ones, but we all have our crap days. Again, why I like the idea of Klaine, but have problems getting behind it when Kurt is allowed to be human, but reviled for it by some fans, but Blaine's perfection is never seen as a MarySue, there is no St. Blaine even though he is shown to be so much "nicer" than Kurt. But Kurt becomes St. Kurt the second he shows even a portion of Blaine's allowed perfection. The bias in fandom against effeminate gays is cleverly, or not so cleverly handled at times. In the end, I am sure they could use the reason that they think Blaine's gelled curls are superior to Kurt's ever amazing hair as a reason for them to break up. Thing is, I really don't think they will have a teenager in school get the hot guy make out story, if not only to keep the vocal minority happy that GLee is trying to convert people to being gay. Kurt, as an adult, I don't think they will be as concerned with, so if there is a hot make out, it is more likely in adult world, NY, more accepting of gays, rather than teen sex in Lima, Ohio. Just saying, I don't think Blainers are going to get what they want out of a break up. He might dance, or flirt, but they won't have him have sex with anyone but Kurt, not until he graduates.

Anyway, that is what I focused on when I got home at 2 am, had a few hours of sleep, and now am trying to psyche myself up for work. I don't think even after watching it again, I will add more, because I think I will still fast forward through the Brochel courtship, soooo not interested.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 9/28/2012, 2:49 pm

^ banzai THIS.

Great post, Divalicious. You just saved me the effort of making my own little review of the episode, as you have just said it all. rooots

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ireth on 9/28/2012, 3:40 pm

tanita_mors wrote:forgot one little bit - STONER BRETT NEEDS TO HAVE A CAMEO IN EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. LOVE HIM !!!!!! Razz

Yes! In fact I was annoyed they didn't let him join New Directions after that audition. Razz
avatar
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 9/28/2012, 4:17 pm

this is from a recap by Dr. She:

“The existence of Karofsky and Blaine and Sandy Ryerson and Chandler and Sebastian and Wade, in addition to Kurt, all serve to show, more than most television shows do, that there is no ‘type’ of gay man. There are different representations, and some are more “masculine” than others, and it’s important to debunk myths and reject stereotypes. However! In the case of Kurt and Blaine, it is clear that Kurt codes more “feminine” than Blaine, who likes football and boxing and is included in boys’ numbers far more frequently than Kurt ever is. And it’s also clear that the writers insist on drawing this line between Kurt and the straight guys that, no matter how many positive storylines with Finn or Sam, always seems to boomerang back to the same suggestion: there is an inherent alienation between Kurt and the straight guys not necessarily because of Kurt’s sexuality but because of Kurt’s femininity. This is not only an issue of homophobia, but an issue of sexism. From all corners, it’s upsetting. So congratulations, Blaine. You are more masculine than Kurt, and you therefore get a leadership position and also some bros.”

http://www.drshebloggo.com/2012/09/the-rbi-report-makeover.html

this is my biggest gripe about Klain relationship. It's like a constant reminder of one type of gay being "better" and deserving more success than the other. Sam's speech to blaine at breadstix made me want to throw up. I disliked this guy from then on even though it's the writers to be blamed, not a fictional character.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas on 9/28/2012, 4:53 pm

This was a good episode, but they are running so fast through these storylines that makes me wonder what will be seeing by christmas brake. It's like they have to stuff everything in the first four episodes so they can have a cliffhanger in 404.

I'm so glad that I'm not actually particularly part of any other fandom than this, our little Kurtsie heaven, but what these two episodes will create in the fandoms terrifies me already. I found the few scenes between these "teenage" lovers quite heartwrenching and honest: I can see both sides and I don't think Blaine is unreasonable, he's just a child. How long has Kurt actually been away from Lima? A month tops, which is no time in adult world.

Brody just creeps me out, there is just something that screams stalker and/or freshman tail chaser. I'm not all in on the Finchel and would love to see them both get their own stories. Same goes for Klaine, they are both better off from each other at least for awhile.

And McKinley stories were nice additions but I could live without them. Sam yet againg suprises me but I would really hate if they again form a new pair from Brittney and Sam, just no. And talk about the songs this week: what is with these selections and arragements? Sheryl Crow's songs are mainly acoustic and simple, ACWDYG was awful, downright degrading to a great songwriter. :angry: Blaine solo was just as before, nice car music and this makeover mash was the only one worth listening. And all I could think during the Sam/Brittney song was the colours they were wearing: Oh now she's in blue, now he's in blue etc.

Just for Kurt parts: I have become an emotional mess twice now because of Kurt scenes. First time was when he left from Lima after the send off from his dad and now when he talks about his dreams for future in Isabelle's office. crycry
I can see why Isabella, as a person who has a difficulty of saying no, would find this lovely, imaginative creature worth hiring. And Kurt looking so unused to talking about his dreams...which makes me doubt my own unpartiality after all: why can't the Blainers/Klainers see that Kurt is for the very first time in the history of Glee extremely happy and even confident?

Are we Kurtsies not seeing something in Blaine's side of the relationship that would make him the "betrayed" one in this episode? OK, I get that Glee used the Bow-Tie-Brush-Off as a clumsy example of loneliness and a demonstration of being placed second in a relationship but it does remind me of the infamous scene of Blaine's audition cliffhanger in IAU. Just putting it out there.

The whole Kurt becoming Isabelle's favorite sets room for new storylines of envy and rivalry in the office...an entire show..*wink wink* I'm hoping the NY side of the Glee truly picks up and Rachel and Kurt fans demand more stuff in unison. There are a lot of Kurtsies and Rachelites our there if we wouldn't always bicker against each other, first one admitting doing that. I know Hummelberry might not free Kurt anymore than Klaine but if we had ONLY Hummelberry there is room for Kurt to be more than just the gay accessorie.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  msjoanlucette on 9/28/2012, 5:16 pm

I don't really know what to say about this episode.... I love the Kurt parts. I feel like if I go in depth of what I hated and disliked it would just leave me in a bad mood.

I don't really comment a lot. I think that's pretty obvious, but I still really love reading your in depth responses and reactions to each new event.

I really did enjoy the Kurt parts though. It's just....I feel like I spend a lot of time being annoyed by glee and the fandom. And I wasted like four hours last night on glee and being upset over it and I didn't finish my hw btw >.<. I don't know what to say really... I'm just tired of being upset over glee.
avatar
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : California
Real Name : Joan

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 9/28/2012, 5:55 pm

for me too seeing kurt's part is the best part of glee experience. i don't care about other storylines. and i also am not picky about kurt's storyline. having him on my screen is enough to put a smile on my face.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 9/28/2012, 6:39 pm

Ratings dropped from 1st to 2nd half for Glee

Mill 18-49 demo
1st half: 6.33 2.5
2nd half: 5.51 2.4

that ain't good.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 9/28/2012, 7:23 pm

^Isn't there some other very popular show that starts halfway through Glee? That might cause the drop of the ratings: it happened during the first 2 episodes too. unsure

There's also this:
LA Times Company Town 'Analysis' - Rush to ratings judgment is a dangerous game
For example, the season premiere of Fox's "Glee" jumped 40% in adults 18-49 when the ratings factored in the number of viewers who recorded the show and then watched within three days of its airing. "Glee" is not an anomaly. Fox executives have noticed that more consumers are using their DVRs this fall compared to last fall.



The good news is that the makeover mash-up is the 2nd best selling song of the episode, behind 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World', which is remarkable because it is made of Broadway songs and iTunes seller Rachel and hot Brody didn't do so well.

Here are the highest numbers:

53. Everybody Wants to Rule the World
87. The Way You Look Tonight/You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile
128. A Change Would Do You Good
153. Celebrity Skin

157. Crazy/(You Drive Me) Crazy
217. It's Time
267. 3
309. Everytime
374. Americano/Dance Again
385. New York State of Mind
394. Oops!... I Did It Again
486. Boys/Boyfriend
534. Call Me Maybe
550. Chasing Pavements
748. Never Say Never

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 9/28/2012, 8:43 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Isn't there some other very popular show that starts halfway through Glee? That might cause the drop of the ratings.

good to know.

happy the mash up scored. it's the best number of hte episode.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  M&M on 9/28/2012, 9:12 pm

fantastica wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Isn't there some other very popular show that starts halfway through Glee? That might cause the drop of the ratings.

good to know.

happy the mash up scored. it's the best number of hte episode.

Parks and Rec. Also, Grey's was back after a cliffhanger last season.
avatar
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 813
Join date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 9/29/2012, 1:04 am

I'm so happy the mash up of Kurt/Isabelle/Rachel is doing well in the Itunes :D I don't wanna be biased by it was my favorite by far wub

And though I haven't commented the full episode yet, by the moment I'd like to say that I found cheap, well that was the first word that came to my mind, the reason that Sam gave to Blaine to chose him over Kurt. C'mon you're choosing one over other only because you didn't understand what the guy was talking about in such things as Broadway. He loses points with me :(

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x03 "Makeover" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum