[ 4 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
28% 28% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Re: 4x02 "Britney 2.0" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  coxfire on 9/24/2012, 5:31 am

Ok, I know I'm biased since I kinda hate Britney Spears, but is it me or was that, err, how to put it nicely: bad???

The Mc Kinley parts were really uninteresting, there were only a few stuffs I liked (besides Kurt, but hey, with him, that's a given, I'll get back to that later)

I liked Britney thinking she was doing a voice over, that genuinely made me laughed. I liked Puck even if the contaxt he was brought in was bad, but I appreciated having him back on my screen. even if I hate BS, the cover of 3 was musically nice (even if Joe I'm Christian singing about a threesome was OOC, but hey! that's Glee for you). For the other songs, as I said, this is not my kind of music. (Actually, when I think of it, Glee rarely covers anything I like -independent british rock and classics like Hendrix, Clapton, etc. so really Glee makes my ears bleed sometimes...and I want to stress these are my personal tastes, I don't judge anyone or anyone tastes- and I didn't watch the show at all at the beginning because I thought I would hate the music all the time. But a certain fabulous gay character caught my eye and got me invested in that show...damn CC....)

Of course, Kurt was beyond cute in NY, but there wasn't enough of him. And I hope he'll have more interactions with Brody, just because it would be ridiculous to have him around Rachel and not interacting at all with her best friend. Brody is bland and creepy but he's here for a while, so if they could interct that would be great. Apart from Finn, we didn't see Kurt interact or bond with any straight guy for a while, did we (Burt doesn't count tonguue )

I don't hate Darren and I don't hate Blaine, but I found him boring last season, so I'm all for him being developed outside of Kurt, but singing "if I were your boyfriend to Britney"...really?
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee on 9/24/2012, 10:53 am

I've got the recap up at Recapper's Delight. I'll post it here when I've got a minute.

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/09/ah-i-knew-it-was-year-of-2.html

I am ambivalent at best. I am not sure this was in good taste. My take on Kurt's role in the show:

Kurt has heard about the Britney 2.0 project, but does not wish to get too nostalgic about a theme that got him sent to the principals office with no solo for his over enthusiasm. He would rather discuss his future, since America's been wondering about that all summer since every single one of his fellow classmates got to make plans except him. Brad is making amends for this now.

Yes, yes, Kurtsies. Kurt has plans. Now, pipe the hell down. Here they are. He's going to reaudition for the winter semester of NYADA, and he still isn't going to apply to any safety schools because he's being really, really thick about this. In the meantime, he's going to apply for a job with Vogue.com because he helped Sue sing about it once. Kurt is now glad he did not get into NYADA the first time he applied because now he's learned resilience, which he's never, ever had before. Not ever. Nope. He's never been handed whole seasons full of crap to endure and overcome until now. He didn't learn resilience from the death of his mother, from being thrown in dumpsters on a daily basis, from David Karofsky bullying him and kissing him, from the death threat, from being made Prom Queen, from losing absolutely everything he tried out for in his senior year... but he learned it from NYADA. OK, Brad, now it's canon that Kurt's happy that he had all this adversity in his life and therefore, you are supposed to be off the hook. I see what you did there.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 9/24/2012, 11:13 am

I really think Brad et al are totally unaware that they've handed Kurt so much crap. Just like when they say you can't just give Rachel and Kurt the solos they believe they've given them equal amount of songs. It is almost like Kurt trying out for songs some how equals Rachel getting all of them. They see the payoff in story face time, not how upsetting or depressing the stories are, in comparison to all the others. I think if they bothered to make a positive and negative column analysis and went over all the stuff Kurt went through they would be surprised by the amount of sheer awfulness they plopped on his plate. Awfulness that he didn't even get to really face. Santana taking over the Karofsky story is a prime example. Or singing to the boys for the acceptance we never really saw.

I was also going WTF, not only is Kurt continuing to focus only on one school, he is focusing only on one job potential. I am just glad he actually gets something he wants. Perhaps all the dues he has put in since season 2 will silence all the people who do the St. Kurt crap, like he isn't allowed to be successful or happy. Hoping to see snarky Kurt this season.

Despite all that I always enjoy your recaps, CloveGlee, even better than the TWOP ones.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady on 9/28/2012, 2:05 pm

I just watched the second episode (better late than never) and I have to say that the MH storyline is officialy boring and uninteresting to me. I give MH one last chance.
New York storyline quite caught me. And I must admit that I enjoy Brodys character much more than the other newcomers.
And my short summary of the episode.
1. Brittany - her stupidity isn´t funny. All the time she was on screen I said to myself, if it´s even possible that someone so stupid study on normal high school. Marley´s mom - this is how it really goes on US schools? Is it normal that the students verbally (and sometimes even physically) insult someone in public?
- I know it´s TV show, but I expect a piece of reality at least.
2. Never thought that lying on the table is considered as dancing.
3. Although I´m same age as Britney I didn´t know more than half of the songs. And the few I recognísed I didn´t like the way they were presented :( First Britney episode was way better.
3. It´s time to give Kurt more space. 2 minutes isn´t really enough for me :( I need to hear his voice again!

Episode 3 - here I come (full of expectation) neutre
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top