Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  M&M 10/1/2012, 1:05 am

fantastica wrote:^ yes he sounds wonderful, but that part will likely be cut. :angry:

Yep, because I think it is the second verse again, which he always seems to be on and which always seems to get cut. If they let him sing that song himself, it would sell great, but you know, why do that. :angry:
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  ColferGirl 10/1/2012, 1:06 am

I'm pretty heartbroken how little we can hear of Kurt on the two songs he's in.....and it's all I can focus on right now.... :( It's kind of painful, and depressing, to be praying for just *one* solo this entire season, and having a high chance we won't even get that.....

Especially when Blaine gets a solo, a duet, and large chunks of both of his group numbers next Thursday....and we've heard almost nothing about Kurt, storyline wise, post The Break Up.....even I'm becoming pessimistic. :(
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/1/2012, 1:11 am

ColferGirl wrote:I'm pretty heartbroken how little we can hear of Kurt on the two songs he's in.....and it's all I can focus on right now.... :( It's kind of painful, and depressing, to be praying for just *one* solo this entire season, and having a high chance we won't even get that.....

Especially when Blaine gets a solo, a duet, and large chunks of both of his group numbers next Thursday....and we've heard almost nothing about Kurt, storyline wise, post The Break Up.....even I'm becoming pessimistic. :(

This is how I feel too. I think Vogue now will easily explain Kurt not being in episode because he is working and I think they will turn him into a workaholic. It is disheartening when there is literally no spoilers coming out about him. He probably isn't and hasn't been filming.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/1/2012, 1:18 am

Kurt's part in 'The Scientist'

Full version of 'The Scientist'

'Don't Speak'

Aside from that one line in 'The Scientist', I could barely hear any Kurt's voice in these 2 songs. Kurt seems to be only in the harmonies in 'Don't Speak'. It's disappointing.

I can sort of understand why they have Blaine singing in most of the songs. His stans buy his songs on iTunes like nobody's business, so it makes good business sense to put him in as many songs as they can.

Last edited by Delight on 10/1/2012, 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reposted don't speak track)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/1/2012, 1:20 am

Delight wrote:Kurt's part in 'The Scientist'

Full version of 'The Scientist'

'Don't Speak'

Aside from that one line in 'The Scientist', I could barely hear any Kurt's voice in these 2 songs. Kurt seems to be only in the harmonies in 'Don't Speak'. It's disappointing.

I can sort of understand why they have Blaine singing in most of the songs. His stans buy his songs on iTunes like nobody's business, so it makes good business sense to put him in as many songs as they can.

Not lately though, I don't think.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 1:23 am

^ then they shoudl give him all the songs, all of them solos, so I can skip every single one of these damn musical numbers.

chris sounds hauntingly beautiful. you don't get this kind of voice these days any more - sounds like classical alto soprano. gorgious vocals. a rare find that's increasingly rare even on glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/1/2012, 1:24 am

fantastica wrote:^ then they shoudl give him all the songs, all of them solos, so I can skip every single one of these damn musical numbers.

chris sounds hauntingly beautiful. you don't get this kind of voice these days any more - sounds like classical alto soprano. gorgious vocals. a rare find that's increasingly rare even on glee.

Hautingly beautiful is the perfect description. Every song he sings has emotion that cannot be made by the other ones without sounding artificial. He was amazing in the Scientist and should have had the whole song.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/1/2012, 1:52 am

It saddens me that once again Kurt's voice, his unique, individual voice is practically silenced to continue the same damn people singing. I think the only solo he will get this year is his NYADA audition, the possible Grace Kelly. I am sure they will have Blaine sing him a song if they break up, or to describe the break up, and a make up song as well. Kurt will get to listen silently on the stool, giving him the admiration the Blaine stans obviously think that Kurt should do 24/7. But then they blame Kurt for Blaine's lack of story. Blaine's lack of story is because of Blaine's excess of songs. He gets to "tell" his story through song, but unfortunately he isn't the actor while singing that Chris is. Complaining changes nothing, that much is obvious.

I try not to hate on Darren, it isn't his fault that TIIC think that only his voice can sell, when I think a major factor is the songs he gets to sing. Poppy, danceable tunes. I try not to be frustrated that because Lea is the star they use her voice all the g.d. time. But you get your low moments and this is one of them. I miss Kurt's voice, the way Chris tells a story with his every expression and tonal change. I miss having different sounds and types of songs. I put up with Heather's singing, because if you have a story, you usually get to sing, but Kurt gets story, and usually just gets to listen to Blaine sing to him.

A new drinking game, you take a drink every time Glee produces a song without Kurt's voice. We'll all be in A.A. before long.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/1/2012, 2:10 am

M&M wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ then they shoudl give him all the songs, all of them solos, so I can skip every single one of these damn musical numbers.

Hautingly beautiful is the perfect description. Every song he sings has emotion that cannot be made by the other ones without sounding artificial. He was amazing in the Scientist and should have had the whole song.

I agree with you all. Chris's voice range is so, so rare, and he sounds amazing in the Scientist. It's sad that he barely gets to sing in both the songs though. I love his normal register.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 2:22 am

^ I have a much more constructive take on your drinking game. how about doing a set of push up, sit ups and body-weight squats for every drink you propose? that way we won't ruin our body and mind and will get stronger and healthier. exercise boosts the mood-enhencing chemicals so it make you happier too.

now it's my turn to be positive. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/1/2012, 2:39 am

fantastica wrote:^ I have a much more constructive take on your drinking game. how about doing a set of push up, sit ups and body-weight squats for every drink you propose? that way we won't ruin our body and mind and will get stronger and healthier. exercise boosts the mood-enhencing chemicals so it make you happier too.

now it's my turn to be positive. Smile

We will all be emaciated by the end of the season fanny2
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/1/2012, 2:48 am

Chris sounds great but he is there so little. :(

But if his part gets cut it means that probably we can be only thankful to the music producers because I think they said somewhere they can make sing the parts who are not supposed to be on the show to anyone they want to... so we coul hear Chris even less sometimes...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/1/2012, 2:53 am

I'm watching the Walking Dead Season 2 right now, and find it more cheerful than I do Kurt's lack of singing/respect for his voice.

Let me see, we take a drink for all the songs Kurt DOESN"T get to sing, which is a lot, and do exercises at the same time, which is a lot. Now if we do specific exercises for when others sing, like sit ups when Lea sings, or push ups when Blaine sings, we'll be ready to pass basic training. We should save the really difficult exercises for when Matt sings, which is rare. When Kurt gets to sing, we'll skip around the house, directly to the refrigerator to get some carbs to eat in his name. We'll still be skinny, that will probably be only 3 cupcakes in 9 months. Not a problem.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 3:33 am

I am totally serious about this exercise thing!

and here's another suggestion - lets tweet murphy that we want to hear more kurt singing. there's not enough kurt in the songs. we can hardly hear him. something liek that. ok? don't go negative. say "we love..." not "we hate...". neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/1/2012, 3:57 am

I can't believe how long I have been waiting for Furt duet and still nothing and Blaine and Finn have their second duet together... No

And the Kurt's line in Scientist is so wonderful I would love to hear Kurt's solo or at least duet in this timbre...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/1/2012, 4:23 am

Wow, they really weren't kidding when they Blaine the moniker "The New Rahel", were they. 4 out of 6 sings feature his greatly or entierly, while you can barelly hear Chris on his two. He sounds lovely (and completly fits, unlike some of the group numbers before). I guess Glee's logic is that every song can be improved by putting Darrn Criss on it. To bad I don't agree.

I mean, the guy isn't a bad singer and he really has a plesent voice. I get the fasination personally, but does he really has to be on every fucking thing. Give it and him a rest for heaven's sake.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 5:24 am

they need to put him in every as many song as possible so his fans will buy them. they need itune sales! the itune/music label department has been yelling at them.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/1/2012, 7:31 am

It's really bad how much they have Darren on the songs this episode. They are really throwing him in our faces again, aren't they. Here are my thoughts on the songs:

"Don't Speak"--The first time I listened to it, I didn't even hear Chris' voice on the first part where Lea and Chris are singing together because Lea's voice is so turned up. This is another one of those songs where I don't think Darren sounds good on. He doesn't sound good when he sings that low on songs featuring other people. His voice just sounds out of place to me.

"The Scientist"--How many people are singing that first verse? They all sound alike. Chris sounds great on his one line, and he would have killed the whole song if he had done it.

"Barely Breathing"--I found this one online, as this is one of my favorite songs, and I have to say that I hate this version. It's really boring.

I started to listen to "Teenage Dream" but couldn't make it through the first verse. The overuse of Blaine has really affected my ability to enjoy anything Darren sings.

I didn't listen to the other songs.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/1/2012, 10:38 am

Jellyrolls wrote:"Don't Speak"--The first time I listened to it, I didn't even hear Chris' voice on the first part where Lea and Chris are singing together because Lea's voice is so turned up. This is another one of those songs where I don't think Darren sounds good on. He doesn't sound good when he sings that low on songs featuring other people. His voice just sounds out of place to me.

I know nothing about mixing music but that is excatly the feeling I got the further into the song I listened. I mean they pushed Lea and Darren upfront Cory's and Chris' voices just...away, I didn't hear either of them after the beginning. Just hoping, wishing it has something to do with the scene but probably not. "Don't tell me cause it hurts." No shit! :angry:

I hate how they mask these songs as group songs when they really are just Blainchel duets backed up by major characters. At least Rachel competition solos were clear and obvious but these are sneaky and keep Kurt's singing "numbers" high in the calculations.

I know this Make-Up episode gave us all false hopes and I have a feeling we are going to pay for those feelings. I'm realistic in the sense that Kurt is probably going to disappear for few episodes in the middle of the season if/when Chris plans to film his next film but still. Are we again getting the same formula of giving Kurt something in the beginning so that he can be reduced into a Blaine crutch for the better part of the S4?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/1/2012, 12:24 pm

My thoughts on Kurt's share of the songs in 4x04:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_m3qdvlQxdw1r2f9hj

:(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/1/2012, 12:38 pm

we all share the pain.

i wanted to ask you. i heard don't speak only once, but i could have sworn there is furt harmonizing in it, or maybe that was cory and lea or darren. i like the song, but lea is overpowering everyone, mostly chris, so i can barely make him out in there.

as for teenage dream - the start is rather weak. i don't like the improvisations dc is doing. once the songs pics up the pace, it sounds a lot better.
the scientist - very good, a nice group number after a long itme, but only one line by chris just kills me. :(
brochel duet - that was totaly bad. those two have zero vocal chemistry. he is not a good partner for her. at all.
mine - the song is shit, but naya sounds sweet.
still haven't listened to the finn/blaine duet.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/1/2012, 2:12 pm

^I have to work in 15 minutes, but after I'm finished (around 23.00u European Time) I'll have a better listen to the songs, and look for (hopefully) Furt.

(Even when they are only breadcrumbs fallen off the laden table.) :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 3:47 pm

they just hired a new Warbler front man, a Canadian actor. his character is straight but otherwise will too try to woo blaine back to Dalton. hmmm, I guess Warbler just isn't the same w/o Dalton. Blaine is the key to all their imagined success. so I guess Grant is definitely not coming back. they scraped his character completely.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/1/2012, 3:52 pm

fantastica wrote:they just hired a new Warbler front man, a Canadian actor. his character is straight but otherwise will too try to woo blaine back to Dalton. hmmm, I guess Warbler just isn't the same w/o Dalton. Blaine is the key to all their imagined success. so I guess Grant is definitely not coming back. they scraped his character completely.

I feel terrible for Grant. He was one the best actors Glee had (seriously, see some clips from A Mother's Nightmare and you'll agree). It's a pity he got such a raw deal.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/1/2012, 3:54 pm

I feel bad that Grant is not coming back, but probably they think he has nothing else to do on Glee. What a pity.

Regarding the songs, the ones I like most are Don't Speak, though I have to say that barely I listened Cory and Chris- but I noticed a small Furt part in the song and I jumped Smile- and I think Lea sounds so much in the song, so is not like a song sung by 4 people.

And The Scientist, I'm glad that's a group number but again I feel the one who sings the most is Cory and then is Darren I'd say, but I love that line that Chris sung and I wish he would have been the only one singing this song, though it was nice to hear Matt and Jayma too because they hardly ever sing.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next