1 x 15 "The Power of Madonna" Watch and Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 x 15 "The Power of Madonna" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/26/2012, 8:18 pm

Episode description from DVD:

Female empowerment is the theme in this epidode featuring only Madonna songs. Rachel, Finn, and Emma all face dilemmas on how far to take their relationships. Meanwhile, Mercedes and Kurt give Sue a surprising makeover and New Directions gets a new member that threatens to upset the entire group hierarchy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1 x 15 "The Power of Madonna" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors on 8/26/2012, 8:42 pm

the first emergence of sexy!Kurt. fond memories of that episode. blushh
also the first genuine bonding of sue and kurt not to mention one of the last truly kurtcedes episodes. next to his sexy vogueing and 4 minutes performance, favorite moment is when he tells will of for the first time and speaks the absolute truth about the preferential treatment that rachel and finn have in the club. also, ray of life is the single best choreography and non singing performance in the show to date, rivaled only by single ladies.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 8/26/2012, 8:55 pm

Agree.

THIS was the episode when I started to notice the sexy!Kurt :D

Last edited by brisallie on 8/26/2012, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/26/2012, 9:00 pm

After a lengthy break from rewatching Glee due to two weeks of the Olympics and a week of insanity in my life, I'm ready to resume my Glee watching. So here goes:

Jane/Sue has messier handwriting than I do. hehe.

Hairy Figgy in bed. Ewwwww. Sue is so good at blackmail, though, isn't she?

Why would Rachel go to Santana, Brittany, and Quinn for love advice? It seems like the type of thing that they would use against her. And it's creepy that Mr. Shue walked in and listened to it.

I have never seen a cheerleader routine with cheerleaders on stilts before. Do they really do that?

I love the little dreamy look on Kurt's face when Shue is berating the boys.

I thought the girls did a nice job on Express Yourself, both singing and dancing. Chris was probably as tired as them at the end with all the boucing around he did in the audience.

Creepy moment two: Brit dating a seven year old. I'm glad they didn't show him.

Santana is such a bitch, and poor moronic Finn has know clue what a bitch she is being.

I have to say, I've never really been a Madonna song, but I did like the way the Glee kids did the songs for the most up. The mashup is a lot of fun. And Finn's backup drummer made an appearance in this episode. Isn't it amazing that the drums still play when they are switching off? hehe. All of the different Madonnas when they walk through the hall is fun, too.

Madge-ical. hehe. Too bad you had to explain it, Kurt.

It was nice to see Will stand up to see, and hurl insults back, but too bad students had to watch it.

Watching these episodes really make me miss Kurtcedes. It was a good little friendship, and Chris and Amber do work well together.

One of my favorite Kurt lines: "Mercedes is black. I'm gay. We make Culture."

Creepy moment #3: Emma being forceful telling Will that they will be doing the nasty. So out of character for Emma.

Vogue. This was a lot of fun. Chris looked so debonair in the suit. His stares and looks are just great. Jane did a nice job on this too. She really sold the number. I wish they would let her do stuff like this once in a while. Jane is just so good at attitude.

OK, Like a Virgin is creepy moment #4. I actually skipped it. It always bugged me. The whole scene.

I love when Sue goes over to Kurt and Mercedes and says "Whoopi. Don Knots." Kurt really was dressed like Don Knots in that scene.

"Now that you showed up, I lost all hope of getting a solo." Poor Kurt. It's too bad he ever had hope of getting a solo isn't it.

"4 Minutes" love it. Chris and Amber both killed it. Great attitude. Great movements. I love when Chris has the raw edge in his voice like he does on this one. I love that Quinn was loving it. "Future Center Square Kurt Hummel." Hehe.

I miss Goth Tina. She did a good job yelling at Artie.

I liked Kurt's little speech to the boys. It was very true.

I wonder if they'll have Artie and Tina get back together in Season 4. I did like them together.

"Like A Prayer" was great, too. Chris looks so angelic on his line. hehe.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 9/11/2012, 12:57 pm

I would have loved music being played in the tannoy system in my high school.

Oh, I'm assuming here is where the Hello 13 cut scene would have placed, or was it supposed to be in the previous episode. But not really, the episode didn't lose anything with that ending to the cutting room floor.

Jellyrolls wrote:Why would Rachel go to Santana, Brittany, and Quinn for love advice? It seems like the type of thing that they would use against her. And it's creepy that Mr. Shue walked in and listened to it.

I notice that Kurt is still very much considered as the baby penguin because he was not with the girls in this 'should I lose my virginity' dicussion. Oooor could it be that the girls actually, like the rest of us, do consider Kurt as a boy despite him being gay and would not feel comfertable bashing guys in front of him.

If Sue actually came up with that Cheerios number I have no doubt she is a national champion with numbers like that. It looked and weirdly sounded so good.

I want that Galliano hoodie Kurt is wearing at that assignement meeting, it's so beautiful. His enthusiasm aboout Madonna is so funny. And LOL at Finn thinking Madonna=Pantera.

Jellyrolls wrote:I thought the girls did a nice job on Express Yourself, both singing and dancing. Chris was probably as tired as them at the end with all the boucing around he did in the audience.

I like the girls number. It's in my excercise playlist. Not so sure about the corsets though but it's not realistic for the boys not to be interested in the girls dancing in their tight corsets. Especially since the episode handles virginity as well. Only ones cheering were Kurt and...Will. Not really using the typical sexistic mindset of Glee here, I see.

Emma as a celibate panda...ouch. Kurt is a penguin, Emma a panda, Puck's a dog and Karofsky a bear cub, and those are the ones I just now remember, no wonder Glee fandom is crazy.

I like Finn's voice in this duet, I like Cory's voice in most songs though. And those Madonnas in the hallway were nice touch, it's really obvious that Ryan likes Madonna.

Jellyrolls wrote:Madge-ical. hehe. Too bad you had to explain it, Kurt.

Boo for Mercedes not knowing Madge! Kurt's sweater has a bull! He's definately perfected his looks during the years. I think Sue trusts Kurt and Mercedes enough and therefor gives them a chance.

”Fastidiously groomed.” Ugh, whatever Jesse means by that, I don't care ugh!

Jane Lynch looks like younger Jessica Lange in some of those shots during Vogue and I can't believe how rarerly she's allowed to show her body and dance movements in...well anything. And those shirtless dancer boys, with Kurt doing the uuuuuh...silly with giggles and something else.

I know this is TV, but I doubt that many teenagers or older ”virgins” go to the end with lights glearing full on. And poor Finn and Santana in that sleazy hotel, just no. Naya is making really, really sexy faces.

Jellyrolls wrote:"4 Minutes" love it. Chris and Amber both killed it. Great attitude. Great movements. I love when Chris has the raw edge in his voice like he does on this one. I love that Quinn was loving it. "Future Center Square Kurt Hummel." Hehe.

I would like to think that Kurt and Mercedes were excempt from Sue's list, Figgins just didn't notice it with such quick glance. Since she let's them into Cheerios.

I still state that 4 minutes by Kurt and Mercedes is better than the original. They could have given other people besides Rachel, Finn and Blaine music numbers outside choir room and competitions easy. This episode moves on nicely even with songs every five minutes. It's just a quoestion about planning and thinking, they abviously did it with this Madonna episode.

Another boo, for Will being instinctively insulted for Kurt and Mercedes in his mind jumping ship but kudos for him not denying their reasoning and stopping them from joining Cheerios.

And that tiny sweet little peck on the cheek between Kurtcedes. We'll probably never ever get them again. crycry
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid on 9/11/2012, 2:06 pm

STRIKE A POSE!!!

zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 9/12/2012, 1:24 am

The black and white Vogue gave us the first glimpses of the cheekbones we love. Still amazes me in Hollywood that is obsessed with actors attractiveness that the show runners didn't start capitalizing on Chris' gorgeousness, I don't see how they can ignore it this year, but I am sure they will try. A gay sex symbol, heaven's to Betsy!!

I did find the whole "Like a Virgin" segment a whole lot of second hand embarrassment. I did like that while it did have Finn go through with the act they had a guy acknowledge without love it didn't mean anything. We always expect that from the girls point of view. He needed Burt's talk about throwing himself around.

This was one tribute that did it right, it had great songs, and actually moved story forward. Kurt and Mercedes joining the Cheerios so they could shine, one of the few times Kurt got to do a pop song, and do it well. Plus we saw how well he was starting to do choreography, even if left to his own devices he uses the shimmy. Will feeling a little betrayed about the kids, but Quinn seemed happy, Rachel not wanting to comment to Jacob. Too much of Glee seems insular now, it was fun seeing multiple characters reactions to the performance. Plus who would think of 4 Minutes being a marching band, and it working.

I loved the stilts performance, I am lucky to walk across the room, let alone dance on stilts, that took imagination.

The girl's performance was great, they looked great. Kurt bopping out was wonderful, I was surprised that they didn't have Mike like the performance more, since he is a dancer, but I guess the whole thing was to be uncomfortable about girl empowerment. That is why they had the boys sing the girls number. I also miss them sharing their thoughts like that.

Kurt's angelic line in the final song, still makes me marvel. He showed us in this episode his rocking side, his stylish side, his sensitive side, and then these lovely angelic notes. To me, I actually think this was his finest episode, even more than Rose's Turn, which I dearly love, because we got to see so many facets of Kurt. He stood up for himself, even did a make over on Sue. Too bad I have to look so far back for this episode. Now, he gets a good scene, but doesn't get near a whole episode strutting his stuff.

Jesse is a great singer/dancer, a pity they wrote his character into a corner by making him a senior right off the bat. Kurt may have lost all hope of solos, but those must have been the invisible solos that Kurt apparently got that Brad talked about in that interview. Tell, don't show, Glee showmanship. To later have him fail to get into NYADA is a laugh, because I doubt the Brody person is better. Oh well.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top