Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

+39
Adamina
whatthink
Piciollina
dap1217
elizabethdarcy
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
CloveGlee
Ireth
coxfire
sheny
sahhar
BlueJazz
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
FunnyLady
ColferGirl
Eaton2011
kac
opals
zuppid
bayth
Delight
ladydianab
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Sani
arina
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
brisallie
fantastica
msjoanlucette
M&M
Divalicious
Jellyrolls
Buenos
43 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

Post  brisallie 10/11/2012, 3:00 pm

CloveGlee wrote:I had a revelation about the writers and Kurt. It's almost sadistic, really - like he's faced with a love vs. success Sophie's Choice every season. He can have one or other, but never both. Furthermore, that which is denied must be very brutally denied in a manner that almost always ends up with him weeping in a corner.

Look at this, for crying out loud. http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-writers-of-glee-and-kurt-hummel.html

I'm agree that is almost sadist but sadly I'm not surprised that everytime that things seem to be fine for Kurt, then writers have the need of take him away that full happiness. Apparently Kurt has to lose something to gain something else, currently he's successful in work but he broke up with his boyfriend, though I don't really care about it because I wan't a new bf for him, but hopefully in the (near) future he get both at the same time.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

Post  Glorfindel 10/11/2012, 3:17 pm

Bravo, @Divalicious, bravo.

It is ironic that Kurt should have had a mental break down by now if he was a real person, after all the crap he got, but now it seems that Blaine is the one with so many set-backs he had to find solace in the arms of a facebook stranger. Evil or Very Mad

It is true that on Glee the success (and the songs!) depends on whether the character is in a relationship or not. RIB said that there would be less focus on romantic relationships this year, yet romantic relationships is all I see:
Rachel's NYADA is nothing else but a way to meet her next hot guy (and maybe Vogue is nothing else for Kurt than for him to meet a new guy). The musical is a set-up for yet another love triangle. And they are breaking the core couples up with new bf/gf's already in the wings to jump on most characters once they are free.
Sex sells, but it is ruining Glee, imo.

The song distribution is pure insane. Who is in charge of that and why is noone stopping him? beam
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/11/2012, 6:52 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Bravo, @Divalicious, bravo.

It is ironic that Kurt should have had a mental break down by now if he was a real person, after all the crap he got, but now it seems that Blaine is the one with so many set-backs he had to find solace in the arms of a facebook stranger. Evil or Very Mad

It is true that on Glee the success (and the songs!) depends on whether the character is in a relationship or not. RIB said that there would be less focus on romantic relationships this year, yet romantic relationships is all I see:
Rachel's NYADA is nothing else but a way to meet her next hot guy (and maybe Vogue is nothing else for Kurt than for him to meet a new guy). The musical is a set-up for yet another love triangle. And they are breaking the core couples up with new bf/gf's already in the wings to jump on most characters once they are free.
Sex sells, but it is ruining Glee, imo.

The song distribution is pure insane. Who is in charge of that and why is noone stopping him? beam

I've learnt not to take anything Murphy says seriously. He's a troll of epic proportions, and now that's he's on Twitter, I can safely say that a lot of what we think about him is definitely true.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/13/2012, 7:42 am

I made this post in the KHAT, but somehow it doesn't feel like a real vent unless it's also posted in this thread. Smile

Lately I've been reading a lot about Kurt in season 2, and that he got the main arc there and the most focus and screentime. This is brought up mainly to excuse/justify why Kurt is taking a back seat now. Well: it isn't true.
Kurt's season 2 story arc was set up right, with major screentime in 3x03, 3x04, 3x06 and 3x08 (although he didn't sing in 'Furt' nor in NBK). But then Kurt went to Dalton and practically disappeared. The only storylines he had mainly evolved around inserting a Blaine and the Pips song. In the time that Kurt was at Dalton, healing from his mental wounds inflicted by Karofsky in his o so important bullying story arc, he didn't talk or get any development about his feelings in this matter once: not once!
But while he was at Dalton Kurt sang 5 songs: only 2 solos and 3 duets with Blaine. OTOH at the same time Blaine (and the Warblers) sang 11 songs!

Kurt had practically nothing to do in 'A Very Glee Christmas' (only a duet with Blaine), 'The Sue Sylvester Shuffle' (only 1 scene besides the most useless inserted Blaine and the Pips song ever) nor 'Night of Neglect', and he wasn't in 'Comeback' at all!
He had his kiss in 'Original Songs', the B-plot in 'Born This Way' when he came back to McKinley, but his bullying arc deflated and died without Kurt being involved at all in the solution: he wasn't even the main character in that story arc anymore.
After that he had almost nothing again, except for 'Prom Queen' (when he also didn't sing) and 'Funeral'.

Of the 22 episodes of season 2 Kurt had an A-, but mostly B-plots in only 8 episodes, and he almost disappeared in 4 episodes.
(episode - plot - #songs):
3-A-1 (IWHYH)
4-B-2 (Le Jazz Hot+HD/GH-duet)
6-B-0
8-A-0
9-B-1 (DCFMA-duet)
-/-10-only Klaine duet
-/-11-only Bills, Bills, Bills + Lima Bean scene
-/-13-no Kurt at all

16-B-1 (Candles-duet)
-/-17-only the confrontation with Karofsky before the concert
18-B-2 (AIWNSG/BTW-group number)
20-A-0
There are some other episodes in which Kurt got something, but these storylines were shared or paralelled with other characters, or not really focused on Kurt (like 'Funeral').
Kurt got the main arc of season 2 and a very strong start, but after that not much anymore, and certainly not the amount of screentime and songs that a large part of the fandom seems to think he had.

There are other characters on Glee who get a lot less, I'm not denying that. But Kurt moved up to being a main character as early as the back 9 of season 1, and he's not getting what should be his due now. Yes, it's great that RIB created a character for Chris out of nothing, and it's great that they saw his potential and made Kurt a main character very early on, and we can only thank them for seeing and using Chris' talents. But there's only so long Kurtsies can keep thanking the writers for moving Kurt up in the ranks so we get more of our fave. Kurt is a main character, period.
Rachel is the biggest main character (although she used to share that spotlight with Finn and Mr. Schue), but Kurt is one of the main characters too, so he should get his songs. And in a storyline about him, about 4 main characters (the double date/break up) he should get his fair share in songs and POV, but in 'the Break-Up' he didn't get any of that (nor in 'The New Rachel' for that matter).

And it irritates me to no end when people keep bringing up that season 2 was Kurt's season so we shouldn't complain that he's getting the back seat now, especially singing wise. Because when you look at the facts, and not the popular chant that the fandom who didn't like Kurt's rise in the ranks love to repeat, he didn't get the ridiculous amount of screentime or songs in that season that would justify them lamenting about 'the Kurt Hummel show' and using that as a justification of Kurt getting less now. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/13/2012, 3:52 pm

Hiatus fever/rage/anger/hurt keeps bubbling, I see. What sent me into a frenzied talk IRL was this incredibly stupid tweet from Trollphy:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 22 Tumblr_mbuasvt3id1r1ysxno1_r2_500

I know I should not get upset over this or anything that comes out from his brains but what is this man suffering from? Megalomania, dementia, narsism, idiotisim, or all of the mentioned and then some I can't come up with? I don't mind Quinn, but have issues with Santana. I never liked them together and Santana was way FU'd as a character in S3, on top of never making her eat her out medicine. I know some people think that her being "forcefully" outed was her comeuppance but I didn't think it was. I won't even venture into what they did with Quinn.

Yes Ryan, do spinoff with all the characters and keep making the original show even shitter show and keep shelving and ignoring your award winning actors and shove everyones faces full of these new kids that no-one apparently likes. Oh yeah, and do lie for us some more, it's so lovely.

I hate to be this negative and in the end we no nothing what will happen in this season but somehow tweets like this just get me. Ugh! Hating that I don't have the ability to just swich off from this show because just in case it gets where the true drama and fun lies in. It just feels like they are either trying too hard or not trying at all. Maybe it's true that when you have made enough money it kills all creativity. Ranting done. Phew!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/13/2012, 3:56 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Hiatus fever/rage/anger/hurt keeps bubbling, I see. What sent me into a frenzied talk IRL was this incredibly stupid tweet from Trollphy:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 22 Tumblr_mbuasvt3id1r1ysxno1_r2_500

I know I should not get upset over this or anything that comes out from his brains but what is this man suffering from? Megalomania, dementia, narsism, idiotisim, or all of the mentioned and then some I can't come up with? I don't mind Quinn, but have issues with Santana. I never liked them together and Santana was way FU'd as a character in S3, on top of never making her eat her out medicine. I know some people think that her being "forcefully" outed was her comeuppance but I didn't think it was. I won't even venture into what they did with Quinn.

Yes Ryan, do spinoff with all the characters and keep making the original show even shitter show and keep shelving and ignoring your award winning actors and shove everyones faces full of these new kids that no-one apparently likes.

I hate to be this negative and in the end we no nothing what will happen in this season but somehow tweets like this just get me. Ugh! Hating that I don't have the ability to just swich off from this show because just in case it gets where the true drama and fun lies in. It just feels like they are either trying too hard or not trying at all. Maybe it's true that when you have made enough money it kills all creativity. Ranting done. Phew!

I saw that tweet this morning and I was like WTF???. Further proof that Murphy really has no idea what the pulse of his audience is and has absolutely no clue what he's doing. Probably one of his most stupid tweets to date. Rolling Eyes

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/13/2012, 4:19 pm

^Especially since Dianna is practically off the show. Mad
Quinn and Santana are 2 of my least favorite characters on the show.

He is so full of himself, ugh.
Knowing that Ryan Murphy f*cked up the spin-off of the big 3 with his big garbage truck mouth is still making me see red. antifana
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 10/13/2012, 5:06 pm

To be fair Quinn and Santana has a large fanbase, especially Santana.
For me the characters with larger fanbase are Kurt and Santana.

Ryan wants Rachel and Blaine be the stars, but people like Kurt and Santana.
Ryan does not like the fame that Chris and Naya have instead of Lea and Darren. dryy

As I read somewhere, the twiter with a photo of Quinn and Santana must have had plenty reply.
Then he responded with this new twitter, that will not go nowhere.
And already been shown and proven that Ryan and the writers/producers have no idea are doing beam
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/13/2012, 6:23 pm

I tweeted this to Ryan:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/13/2012, 6:57 pm

Personally I don't dislike Quinn, probably because I bear Dianna so its more related to the actress than the character itself, but still I think that Finn, Rachel and Kurt are the leads and I'd add Santana as the fourth one. The thing is that Ryan is pursuing and forcing too much in other people instead of focusing in HummelberryFinn. Although Rachel is the exception because she still getting lots of screentime but anyway suddenly he's wanting a spin off of Quinntana? WTF Ryan?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/13/2012, 9:02 pm

I just can't see their being a big enough audience for a Quinntana spinoff, and I don't think that they are strong enough to carry a show.

Finn, Rachel, and Kurt could carry a spinoff, and also work with new actors and make the newbies work within the show, something that I don't think Quintana (or Blaine) could do.

I'm still thinking that the whole will storyline right now is really just away to get Will to NY so that next season they can move blaine to NY and drop mckinley
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/13/2012, 11:10 pm

Wonder when Chris' contract is up with Glee (or Fox or whoever). I have this feeling that while we fans would love a spin off with Kurt and Rachel and their new adventures in NY maybe Chris (and maybe Lea, Cory) is ready to leave Glee-dom. I don't care what he does I just want to see him on TV and Movies!!! He may be on his way to becoming another Ron Howard who now directs etc... instead of acts. I would miss Chris terribly is he went that route. Guess time will tell.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/13/2012, 11:56 pm

ladydianab wrote:Wonder when Chris' contract is up with Glee (or Fox or whoever). I have this feeling that while we fans would love a spin off with Kurt and Rachel and their new adventures in NY maybe Chris (and maybe Lea, Cory) is ready to leave Glee-dom. I don't care what he does I just want to see him on TV and Movies!!! He may be on his way to becoming another Ron Howard who now directs etc... instead of acts. I would miss Chris terribly is he went that route. Guess time will tell.

Chris loves to act and write, I would think if he is thinking of jumping ship he would be wanting his new management ICM to maybe start looking for a new show for him someday.

Chris is too talent an actor and many in the industry know that. He is gorgeous and has the look of a leading man. Plus Chris doesn't want to direct.

He has said he likes writing roles for himself. I can't really see him working behind the camera for the rest of his career.

Chris is wasted on Glee, he needs a new show that will showcase his acting. It is all about Blarren nearly every episode where he has to have some kind of focus. Blarren and the newbies is what Fox is selling and want to sell, screw the rest of the ones with real talent, and probably even Rachel before long as it seems Darren is now getting more songs than Lea. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 22 1688725052

I don't really know if Chris is thinking of quitting but if he is I know the show will suffer.

I think ICM have been trying to get Chris to sign with then since early this year as I found out on Porcelin Fans from someone they had something to do with SBL going to tribeca and the sale of it by tribeca and the international rights to Lightning Entertainment. The last bit I found somewhere else.

I think Chris wanted to see how Glee would go for him and seeing the crap they are giving him signing with ICM was a done deal. And also his loyalty to Coast to Coast probably stopped him as well as he knows how much the have done for him.

But as he is with both it was really nice of ICM to do that, as they and Coast to Coast obviously care about Chris and therefore want to see his career become even bigger, it gives him some time to ease away from Coast to Coast where I think he has made a lot of friends. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 22 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/14/2012, 2:33 am

I don't think we should take everything Ryan tweets so seriously. Several weeks ago he tweeted that Rachel and Cassandra July are his new OTP. He is just trying to be funny or something like that.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/14/2012, 3:12 am

valkeakuulas wrote:

The nickname Trollphy is accurate.

I don't know how RM's mind works, or what prompted this tweet (are we getting a Quintana scene for the Thanksgiving episode?); but it's hard to take this particular tweet seriously.

I sometimes feel that the Glee characters have become nothing more than playthings of RM, to be jerked around this way and that for his amusement. He joked about generating swimming pool of tears with the break up episode. He tweeted about enjoying the twitter explosion after the episode aired while drinking in a bar with the other writers.

Chris had accepted that Kurt's fate is out of his hands, and that he's just along for the ride. I feel like giving up on Glee as a whole too, and just relish whatever little Kurt they care to show us. Taking this show too seriously is detrimental to mental health.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/14/2012, 7:55 am

Okay, so now we know why RM tweeted that odd tweet...

Spoiler:
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 10/15/2012, 8:10 am

There's one thing that's been bothering me, apparently some people are blaming Chris for the cheating storyline. Shocked Like what even...
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/15/2012, 9:18 am

These people are stans who think Chris is the Devil who has the writers in his hands and controls them like puppets. I guess I read "What Chris wants Chris gets", which is such a joke you shouldn't even bother...
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2012, 9:45 am

This rumor is started by only 1 or 2 Blarren stans, and fanned to a bigger flame by noone else than our dear acquaintance GA/choco/Kerrie. Evil or Very Mad
They're stupid, so don't pay any attention to it, although it is very annoying. smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/15/2012, 9:56 am

Sani wrote:There's one thing that's been bothering me, apparently some people are blaming Chris for the cheating storyline. Shocked Like what even...

Blarren stans will be Blarren stans. They're just mad that Blarren isn't the perfect man anymore. vomir

coxfire wrote:These people are stans who think Chris is the Devil who has the writers in his hands and controls them like puppets. I guess I read "What Chris wants Chris gets", which is such a joke you shouldn't even bother...

If Chris controlled the writers, Klaine probably would have been history a long time ago, and he'd probably sing more too. Chris has been very lucky that some of his ideas for Kurt were used in the show, but I don't really think that has happened for a long time.

Glorfindel wrote:This rumor is started by only 1 or 2 Blarren stans, and fanned to a bigger flame by noone else than our dear acquaintance GA/choco/Kerrie. Evil or Very Mad
They're stupid, so don't pay any attention to it, although it is very annoying. smajli

Could you imagine how fun this fandom would have been if Blaine never existed?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/15/2012, 10:27 am

No doubt Glee's quality would be ten times better if chris had some control on the scripts. Less Top 40 songs and more songs that fit the plot, an actual plot, less "Kurt takes the high road" and more Badass!Kurt, less jukebox Blaine, and more Kurt's songs. Besides, Chris is quite a selfless creature, I'm sure he'd find room from other characters to be better is not at all featured.

For all we know, the few things Chris had supposedly influence on were:
- Defying Gravity: because Ryan took his life experience to build the story
- Rose's turn: because it was a good song and fitted the plot
- Rocky Horror Picture show: since Glee has covered musicals like WSS and Grease
- Vogue: beacause the writers fucked up his NYADA experience (and Chris himself said he was mad about it in his interview with Peter Travers)

As for what happened between Kurt and Blaine, I had read multiple critics saying it was time to break them up considering how dull the couple was turning. The choice of making Blaine a cheater is completely on the writers, and I don't mind it, since it finally threw a wrench in the cavitie-inducing character that was Dreamboat DapperBlaine.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/15/2012, 11:17 am

coxfire wrote:No doubt Glee's quality would be ten times better if chris had some control on the scripts. Less Top 40 songs and more songs that fit the plot, an actual plot, less "Kurt takes the high road" and more Badass!Kurt, less jukebox Blaine, and more Kurt's songs. Besides, Chris is quite a selfless creature, I'm sure he'd find room from other characters to be better is not at all featured.

- Rocky Horror Picture show: since Glee has covered musicals like WSS and Grease
- Vogue: beacause the writers fucked up his NYADA experience (and Chris himself said he was mad about it in his interview with Peter Travers)

As for what happened between Kurt and Blaine, I had read multiple critics saying it was time to break them up considering how dull the couple was turning. The choice of making Blaine a cheater is completely on the writers, and I don't mind it, since it finally threw a wrench in the cavitie-inducing character that was Dreamboat DapperBlaine.

And let's not forget Chris' most brilliant idea: AIWNSG, which I still think was the best individual performance on Glee hands down, and the song that best fit a storyline.

ETA: And don't forget about the prom queen thing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/15/2012, 12:43 pm

It's really annoying/funny/weird that they have given up on the music being the leading part of Glee. I mean it's still used but all wrong, without context or ties to their stories. I can find dozen songs that would suit to Kurt's (and Blaine's) situation and they, and why not Finchel also, could sing their little hearts out. But NO. I'm just more and more returning to the idea that they've just become more lazy since their revolutionary season didn't boost the ratings after all.

I can see what they were going for but unfortunately they have missed the big picture. Two good episodes so far and two bad ones IMO.

BTW how about Kurt singing Tori Amos!?! She has some fabulous songs about childhood, losing and betrayal. I bet she would not give rights to Glee anymore.

OT: I found lyrics in Goodbye Pisces touching and fun because, well Porcelain and Chris being a tool to enhance others Blaine:

There you, there you go again
Breaking breaking porcelain
Is that all I am just a doll you got used to
We've done, we've done this before
As Mars sauntered through his door
Don't say it's time to say
Goodbye to Pisces
Goodbye to Pisces

I cried and I washed my tears
That turned into diamond
Ice into ice and if it could freeze
My heart wouldn't float away

So how how will I go
Back on back on the shelf
With a smile with a smile
To the customer and say
On sale by the owner
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/15/2012, 1:36 pm

coxfire wrote:No doubt Glee's quality would be ten times better if chris had some control on the scripts. Less Top 40 songs and more songs that fit the plot, an actual plot, less "Kurt takes the high road" and more Badass!Kurt, less jukebox Blaine, and more Kurt's songs. Besides, Chris is quite a selfless creature, I'm sure he'd find room from other characters to be better is not at all featured.

Good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/15/2012, 1:43 pm

Can you imagine what the Klaine/Blarren stans would be like if had been Kurt who cheated instead of Blaine? It would be like the Chandler thing multiplied by a million.

I think that the Blarren fandom really goes crazy because Blarren hasn't really proven that he can stand alone without Kurt, while everyone knows full well that Kurt/Chris an stand alone without Blarren.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next