Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

Post  Eaton2011 on 8/18/2012, 7:48 pm

The issue I feel most people had with season 2 is that Kurts story was the only one that was written well and with care. Asian F demonstrated that even Mike Chang could carry a good story . Harry Shum is probably a third level actor on the cast yet on that episode they wrote to his strengths as a dancer and didn't overly challenge him as an actor. Every fan just wants their idols to shine. In season 2 even Emmy winner Jane Lynch was given dog poop ( literally ) to work with.

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/18/2012, 7:55 pm

I was thinking that in S1 one of my favorite arc was Quinn's fake pregnancy. At that time I was still a GA, and I found that storyline very interesting, even though sometimes it's frustrating. It made Mr. Shue very sympathetic, and gave Matt some good acting moments. I know some fans hate it, but I like it a lot. I found most of the S1 storylines interesting, well, they were fresh enough at that time. now whatever they do I just feel like everything is manufactured drama, and am really sick and tired of it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 8/18/2012, 8:26 pm

^ You mean Terry's fake pregnancy. whis
I miss Terry, and her crazy sister Kendra (remember her areu )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/18/2012, 8:30 pm

yes that's what I meant... well in Quinn's case the father was fake. Smile Terry and her sister were great - and so hateable!

I think what considers good writing is when the person you want the audience to hate is very hateable, and the person you want the audience to love is very lovable and sympathetic. If the viewers feel the opposite, like what we do not most of the time w/ glee, then it's a serious problem.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/19/2012, 10:57 am

Eaton2011 wrote: The issue I feel most people had with season 2 is that Kurts story was the only one that was written well and with care. Asian F demonstrated that even Mike Chang could carry a good story . Harry Shum is probably a third level actor on the cast yet on that episode they wrote to his strengths as a dancer and didn't overly challenge him as an actor. Every fan just wants their idols to shine. In season 2 even Emmy winner Jane Lynch was given dog poop ( literally ) to work with.
You see, I've heard that before, and I have to disagree.
Kurt's bullying arc was written very well up untill the kiss and Kurt's transfer to Dalton. After that, it went to the dogs, imo.

1) Blaine and the Pips took Kurt's story arc over completely because of the promotion of the Warblers songs and Darren. We had zero development of Kurt while he was at Dalton. No healing process, no getting used to another school regime except for the symbolism of a caged bird: there were no stories at Dalton for Kurt, just him being part of the Warblers. When they showed Kurt in his time at Dalton, 9 out of 10 times it was so that Blaine could sing.
They also left Kurt at Dalton way too long, just because of the Warblers' initial succes.

2) They made Karofsky a closeted homosexual, and that would have been cliche but fine, if it hadn't undermined and neglected Kurt's part of the bullying arc. The focus was not on bullied victims of people torturing them because bullies are insecure narrowminded idiots with a mean streak and no control, as they usually are in real life. No, the bullies have 'pain' themselves and that justifies them terrifying and beating the crap out of someone else. :angry:
The focus shifted from Kurt to Karofsky.
Karofsky was made into a victim who needed to be redeemed and woobyfied because people liked Dave/Max so much. In the mean time Kurt, the real victim, just had to take it, not talk about his own ordeals, and in the end was a prop for the 'other victim' of the bullying arc, who got more resolution and sympathy from the other characters than Kurt ever got.

3) Kurt's return to McKinley was initiated by Santana with a crap solution, only to feature Naya more. Nothing was resolved, no change was made in the bullying policies at McKinley. Karofsky was forced to tolerate Kurt at first (although he apologised later), and he never faced any punishment/repercussions because of his prior actions.

The Kurt bullying arc was, after a promising start, badly written, imo. And season 3 made the mess of the bullying arc even bigger with the suicide attempt which had the result of retconning a large part of what Kurt went through in season 2 because of it.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 8/19/2012, 11:04 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Eaton2011 wrote: The issue I feel most people had with season 2 is that Kurts story was the only one that was written well and with care. Asian F demonstrated that even Mike Chang could carry a good story . Harry Shum is probably a third level actor on the cast yet on that episode they wrote to his strengths as a dancer and didn't overly challenge him as an actor. Every fan just wants their idols to shine. In season 2 even Emmy winner Jane Lynch was given dog poop ( literally ) to work with.
Kurt's bullying arc was written very well up untill the kiss and Kurt's transfer to Dalton. After that, it went to the dogs, imo.

1) Blaine and the Pips took Kurt's story arc over completely because of the promotion of the Warblers songs and Darren. We had zero development of Kurt while he was at Dalton. No healing process, no getting used to another school regime except for the symbolism of a caged bird: there were no stories at Dalton for Kurt, just him being part of the Warblers. When they showed Kurt in his time at Dalton, 9 out of 10 times it was so that Blaine could sing.
They also left Kurt at Dalton way too long, just because of the Warblers' initial succes.

2) They made Karofsky a closeted homosexual, and that would have been cliche but fine, if it hadn't undermined and neglected Kurt's part of the bullying arc. The focus was not on bullied victims of people torturing them because bullies are insecure narrowminded idiots with a mean streak and no control, as they usually are in real life. No, the bullies have 'pain' themselves and that justifies them terrifying and beating the crap out of someone else. :angry:
Karofsky was made into a victim who needed to be redeemed and woobyfied because people liked Dave/Max so much. In the mean time Kurt, the real victim, just had to take it, not talk about his own ordeals, and in the end was a prop for the 'other victim' of the bullying arc, who got more resolution and sympathy from the other characters than Kurt ever got.

3) Kurt's return to McKinley was initiated by Santana with a crap solution, only to feature Naya more. Nothing was resolved, no change was made in the bullying policies at McKinley. Karofsky was forced to tolerate Kurt at first (although he apologised later), and he never faced any punishment/repercussions because of his prior actions.

The Kurt bullying arc was, after a promising start, badly written, imo. And season 3 made the mess of the bullying arc even bigger with the suicide attempt which had the result of retconning a large part of what Kurt went through in season 2 because of it.
haha, I wanted to "like" your post and then I realize I can't here :-) But I agree with what you said.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 8/19/2012, 11:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:

Great post, Glorfindel. rooots

I have no more to add, except to say that Kurt appeared to get better storylines in season 2 because Chris's acting elevated the material, and the bullying storyline was very relevant in its time. And yes, that storyline got handled badly with a poor resolution in the end, as you've pointed out.

I suppose a bullying storyline is lot more interesting than Finchel drama (which was more or less the whole focus of Rachel's story in season2), and the fans of other characters got resentful about Kurt's 'preferential treatment' when it came to storylines. However, aside from his parts in 'Grilled Cheezus', 'Never Been Kissed' and 'Prom Queen', I really don't see Kurt being highlighted or given the focus he deserved in his storylines.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/19/2012, 11:43 am

arina wrote:haha, I wanted to "like" your post and then I realize I can't here :-) But I agree with what you said.
That 'like' button on other forums is pretty handy and addictive, isn't it? Razz

bisou

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 8/19/2012, 1:46 pm

I think Kurt is perceived to get all this storytime because his stories do matter, and he stands out. Rewatching things, there is always so much Rachel and Finn, and in season 3 Santana, that I think people just think Kurt was on a whole lot, when in reality he was just in the back ground many episodes. Rachel would occasionally take a quiet seat, but this is rare, Finn, same. They always found a reason to dwell on Santana's tiny skirt. Blaine sings a whole, whole, lot, but otherwise got not much focus. If I had the time I would actually measure on screen time focus, not counting just being in the background, and I think that would open a few eyes. Chris just doesn't draw focus as Officer Kruptke, he just draws focus period, so people perceive him to have something to do all the time. Rachel is so in our face, she must be paid by the word.

Through backlashes etc I think they dwell mostly on Rachel not only because she was one of the original stars, but that there is little to object to her. She has talent, is heterosexual, and female. She is a female with drive, but always seems to let her heart lead her, so she is sympathetic to the teenyboppers who understand that POV.

Kurt, is an effeminate gay boy, who is an actual gay young man. He sings Broadway, and some do not define that as "acceptable" talent, even with his wonderful voice, because he doesn't sing with the "traditional" male way. Even if that tradition is only a few decades old.

Unfortunately, I have found, when watching the episodes now, I understand analytically Rachel's voice is great, but I don't give a flying F**K anymore, I am immunized against wonder because I have heard it so damn much. Plus Rachel's mile a minute speeches to get her words out there before people disagree with it. I don't care about Rachel, I like her with Kurt, still, but if Rachel wasn't there, whomever was in the scene with Kurt I would probably like. Because Kurt shares his scenes, and Rachel overwhelms hers. It is about her, if she is there, and even if her motivations are for someone else, they still are about her. I am overwhelmed with her self-obsession that I don't care for that anymore either. They took Rachel to the nth degree, just like Sue in Season2, and I am just tired of that shit.

I am tired of Santana's bitchiness, I rewatched the first 6 episodes of Season 4, and it is just, shut the hell up, Santana. She doesn't get real development either. Where Blaine sings constantly, (well, actually Santana sings a whole lot, also) Santana's main stories seem to involve her being rude and awful to her friends, and they take it, all the time. No one gives it back until Finn outs her, even if it was not his intention to out her, it was his intention to give her pain. But I feel nothing for her pain, I look at all the club has been dealt with, and I don't give a crap that she was outed. I know the method was wrong, but I so see what drove Finn to do it. If someone verbally abused me to that degree, well, I would have taken a vote and kicked her skinny ass out of Glee Club long ago, especially with her lack of loyalty, but I would have lashed out in some negative manner.

At the end of the day, it does remain Kurt whom I care about. Because Kurt is the most human. He doesn't get adulation from all that meet him, he doesn't get endless do-overs when he is nasty to others. Kurt has consequences, and a lot of negative ones. I objected when people say that Kurt has had people interested in him, including Karofsky and Chandler, but then I look at Sebastian, and he didn't want Blaine, he wanted sex with Blaine. That is just as bad. It was just that a good looking guy is the one who was saying it colors our perception of a character being treated as desirable and one as not attractive. I want a good looking, successful guy to make a pass at Kurt, to make up for all the girls they swirl around Blaine, that is true, but unless they redo Sebastian's character, I think the stans that want Blaine with Sebastian are in for a rude awakening. Plus Sebastian is an alpha male, that would actually diminish Blaine's character more to be with him, because it would make Blaine even weaker. Blaine with Kurt gets to be the "alpha" even though we know Kurt would rule the house, Kurt is a "sneaky" alpha. Sebastian is a blatant, in it for myself, Alpha. The people who want Blastion just want boy sex, not a boy relationship.

But since the infamous bedroom "faggy" scene, Kurt hasn't been the person driving his own stories, they let him set it up, but then someone dashes in to be the victor. As mentioned, Santana bringing Kurt back. Santana wins. Kurt saves the WWS, Blaine and Rachel win. Kurt wants to do something with Class President, but a brainless nymphomaniac wins. Would we have cared about anyone running for Class President if it were just Brittney running? No, Kurt brings the interest. The writers use Chris' talent, and ability to draw focus, to make people want to watch a story, but they don't let him get to finish said story. Even him blowing us away with his audition to NYADA, and Rachel failing, became about Rachel (and all her support) getting into NYADA. Kurt's failure is not even brushed away, he was given nothing but 1 Line.

I don't care about backlash from fandom anymore, I want this season to be Kurt's season. We already know Rachel and Blaine are singing left and right, but it is time for Kurt's story to stay Kurt's story. I actually hope he never gets into NYADA, if a chance is given, because that will be about Rachel again. Even if it validates his awesome audition, even if it validates his legitimate talent before the masses, I don't want him to be dominated in his own damn story anymore. So I am all behind fashion. He has ruled that for 3 seasons, no one else on Glee has been shown to be interested, or close to interested. This is Kurt's, and I hope to keep it Kurt's (crossing my fingers about SJP not dominating everything). I actually see her as more as a kooky, larger than life fashionista that Kurt has to keep in line. We'll see.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 on 8/19/2012, 3:07 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Kurt's bullying arc was written very well up untill the kiss and Kurt's transfer to Dalton. After that, it went to the dogs
it.

I honestly didn't mean to offend anybody. I am a fan of Kurt/Chris but I am also a fan of other character. IMO other characters Like Rachel, Finn, Sue and Will weren't treated well at all. unsure

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/19/2012, 3:29 pm

^ no offense at all. everybody is entitled to what they think. be proud to think differently. if everything says exactly the same thing this place would be super boring Smile

no character is immune from being badly written on this show. but then, what is considered "bad" is relative. For us "bad" means a character is written in a way that's not likeable. Well, not all characters should be likeable, just like in real life. sometimes you want to punch some real people is allowed. and real people also does stupid or horrible things. Glee is hard because by its nature it does comedy by (1) nasty insults; and (2) having characters say or do ridiculous things in outragious plotlines. Such a formula is bound to get old and offensive at least to some.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/19/2012, 3:40 pm

Please, @Eaton2011, don't think you did anything wrong!
If I gave you that impression, I apologize. I just used your post to voice my own opinion about that statement. It certainly wasn't directed as a direct attack on you.
We can get very passionate about our opinions here, discuss and disagree at times, but we all respect other posters' opinion and generally get along just fine. fanny2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post, @Divalicious. neutre
This part especially:
Divalicious wrote:But since the infamous bedroom "faggy" scene, Kurt hasn't been the person driving his own stories, they let him set it up, but then someone dashes in to be the victor. As mentioned, Santana bringing Kurt back. Santana wins. Kurt saves the WWS, Blaine and Rachel win. Kurt wants to do something with Class President, but a brainless nymphomaniac wins. Would we have cared about anyone running for Class President if it were just Brittney running? No, Kurt brings the interest. The writers use Chris' talent, and ability to draw focus, to make people want to watch a story, but they don't let him get to finish said story. Even him blowing us away with his audition to NYADA, and Rachel failing, became about Rachel (and all her support) getting into NYADA. Kurt's failure is not even brushed away, he was given nothing but 1 Line.
Kurt was used to prop up other people's stories in season 3, and he did not have his own. That is why I find it so hard to believe when Rachel fans say that Rachel was there to prop up Kurt's story in season 3. Where do they get that idea?

Delight wrote:I have no more to add, except to say that Kurt appeared to get better storylines in season 2 because Chris's acting elevated the material, and the bullying storyline was very relevant in its time. And yes, that storyline got handled badly with a poor resolution in the end, as you've pointed out.
Yes, this definitely too. The bullying arc got a lot of media attention, and Chris got a lot of media attention at the same time because of his award nominations. These 2 things then got connected because Chris was so open and honest about his own bullied past, and that created even more buzz and more exposure of Kurt's bullying arc, making it appear bigger than it actually was in screentime.

I suppose a bullying storyline is lot more interesting than Finchel drama (which was more or less the whole focus of Rachel's story in season2), and the fans of other characters got resentful about Kurt's 'preferential treatment' when it came to storylines. However, aside from his parts in 'Grilled Cheezus', 'Never Been Kissed' and 'Prom Queen', I really don't see Kurt being highlighted or given the focus he deserved in his storylines.
I would count 'Furt' too, although Kurt didn't even get to sing at his father's wedding. Maybe 'Furt' was the reason why so many fans started calling Glee the Kurt Hummel show. That episode had just a little too much of Kurt praise (although in no way close in comparison with the lovefest Rachel got in the last episodes of season 3: it all came down to maybe 1 or 2 remarks too many during the wedding), and that somehow got stuck in people's brains.

I also think that 'Grilled Cheesus' made it seem that Kurt got too much focus in season 3. That episode isn't really connected to the bullying arc, but it featured Kurt heavily, very early on in the season, and it was a heartbreaking story with a lot of resonance.
I never really understood why RIB had Kurt not only go through the misery of the bullying arc, but had him almost losing his father also. Emmy bait? Because they knew Chris could deliver the emotions? Because the father bond between Burt and Kurt was so popular? Because they needed a life or death crisis for one of the kids so they could have a religion centric episode, and Burt was the only parent that had been introduced?

In hindsight that was a little too much for Kurt. The first half of season 2 it seemed that Kurt could only be miserable and cry (and that didn't really stop in season 3). Kurt was shown as a victim we were to sympathize with, while most other characters did the usual stupid and offensive stuff that teenagers do and Glee loves so much, and while they were called out on them Kurt just suffered prettily and took the high road (even back then). For a lot of Gleeks that was a turn-off, and they started calling Kurt a cry-baby and a martyr, and the nickname St. Kurt was born. :angry:

Just like Rachel in seasons 1 and 3, and Blaine and Santana in the second half of season 2 and the whole of season 3 (and Finn also as the ~hero of season 3), Kurt suffered from the writers liking/focusing on him too much in the first half of season 2. But imo the Kurt love did not come close in anyway to what happened to the overexposure of some characters in season 3, and around the second half of season 2 RIB had already moved on to other shiny toys, leaving Kurt in the rubble of the fumbled bullying arc. Favoritism indeed. dryy

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 8/20/2012, 3:22 am

Eaton2011 wrote:

I honestly didn't mean to offend anybody. I am a fan of Kurt/Chris but I am also a fan of other character. IMO other characters Like Rachel, Finn, Sue and Will weren't treated well at all. unsure

Be assured that no one is offended here. In fact, we should thank you for bringing up a topic that prompted some discussion and debate neutre

I very much agree with you that many other Glee characters got written badly in season 2. Kurt was (relatively) unscathed, but it seems that the writers were intent on rectifying that 'mistake' by writing him the way they did in season3.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 8/20/2012, 12:32 pm

^

How Sweet! dryy so they tried to rectify how badly they wrote some characters during season two, they did the same with Kurt in season 3. Is a way to put order in the world so there's not a disbalance?

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl on 8/20/2012, 12:44 pm

Divalicious wrote: The rest of an awesome post was here.

At the end of the day, it does remain Kurt whom I care about. Because Kurt is the most human. He doesn't get adulation from all that meet him, he doesn't get endless do-overs when he is nasty to others. Kurt has consequences, and a lot of negative ones. I objected when people say that Kurt has had people interested in him, including Karofsky and Chandler, but then I look at Sebastian, and he didn't want Blaine, he wanted sex with Blaine. That is just as bad. It was just that a good looking guy is the one who was saying it colors our perception of a character being treated as desirable and one as not attractive. I want a good looking, successful guy to make a pass at Kurt, to make up for all the girls they swirl around Blaine, that is true, but unless they redo Sebastian's character, I think the stans that want Blaine with Sebastian are in for a rude awakening. Plus Sebastian is an alpha male, that would actually diminish Blaine's character more to be with him, because it would make Blaine even weaker. Blaine with Kurt gets to be the "alpha" even though we know Kurt would rule the house, Kurt is a "sneaky" alpha. Sebastian is a blatant, in it for myself, Alpha. The people who want Blastion just want boy sex, not a boy relationship.

I don't care about backlash from fandom anymore, I want this season to be Kurt's season. We already know Rachel and Blaine are singing left and right, but it is time for Kurt's story to stay Kurt's story. I actually hope he never gets into NYADA, if a chance is given, because that will be about Rachel again. Even if it validates his awesome audition, even if it validates his legitimate talent before the masses, I don't want him to be dominated in his own damn story anymore. So I am all behind fashion. He has ruled that for 3 seasons, no one else on Glee has been shown to be interested, or close to interested. This is Kurt's, and I hope to keep it Kurt's (crossing my fingers about SJP not dominating everything). I actually see her as more as a kooky, larger than life fashionista that Kurt has to keep in line. We'll see.

rooots rooots rooots

Awesome post, Divalicious. I agree with you so much, especially the bolded.

At first I was really upset about the switch to fashion, but the closer we're getting to season 4, the more I'm feeling the way you do. That at least fashion is something Kurt's and Kurt's alone, and no one can take it away from him or overshadow him or dominate that plotline - it should be all his. And after so many storylines where the resolution and climaxes of his plotlines were ripped out from under him, I want Kurt to rule his own stories again. As much as I still want Glee to validate Kurt's singing talent and not sweep his Broadway dreams under the rug (and there's still hope they won't, at least not completely), at least this way we'll get Kurt on a path and to a dream that's all his own, at last.

And I know there are people saying they think Kurt will be brushed aside this season and his screentime will dramatically drop....I don't think it will. Not with Chris being in the "faces of Fox" campaign, not when they've casted a whole group of new characters just for his storyline, not when he's connected to their biggest name guest star for this season (so far), not when Chris's popularity is higher than ever and his talent more appreciated than ever, not when he's won them critical acclaim, and not when Kurt remains Ryan Murphy's favorite character (or at least one of them). So far, Kurt's getting a storyline in at least 3 of the first 4 episodes back - and the only question mark is the second Britney tribute. And we have at least two songs already confirmed! Everything seems really hopeful right now. Smile
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 8/20/2012, 1:44 pm

I am trying to remain at most cautiously hopeful, Colfergirl, because we have been disappointed so very much for so very long. I am mainly relying my hopes that almost 2 years of penance will give Kurt power in his own storylines. I am hoping that if characters can't hold interest on their own, and require propping up, that they will be let go in the future. The cast is too huge, and they need to focus on those who move story forward, not circling the drain. This season will be a decider on how much longer Glee can survive, and they need to get their act together. It can't just be about people singing, there are talent shows on TV for that, it has to be about story, and you need actors for that. Chris is one of their best, and they need to keep his character of Kurt strong, because he will carry story, and his supporting actors with him. I do find it interesting, we know of two of those in Kurts storyline, SJP and I forget his name, but the probable receptionist, are both experienced actors. The only experienced actor is Kate Hudson in Rachel's story, but her new co-star had only a small part on a TV show that made half a season. Kate only has 6 episodes. I think Chris is getting the real team, SJP can be recurring like Burt even, but as long as the rest of the actors remain strong, I think his storyline is going to garner interest. It is something different after 3 years of pretty much the same people doing the same thing. That is what I am excited about.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 8/20/2012, 3:29 pm

To keep my expectations low, I just want this show to entertain me and to give Chris interesting things to do (scenes to act out and songs to sing). I've stopped expecting any really character and storyline fulfillment long ago. Every time I though I new what was coming next, I got a very nasty surprise and was disappointed in new and imaginative ways. You all remember how much I believed that this show, this absolute satire that made fun of Sue's suicide attempt in season 2, would never, ever stoop so low and go after such dark material like Karofsky's attempt. And yet again they proved me wrong. Kurt season 4 storyline could be great and brilliant, but it could a a new disaster just as much. Most likely it will be, clunky, uneven, with short bursts of brilliance and ultimately disappointing. I sure hope they prove me wrong this time as well, but hopefully with far more satisfying aftereffect.

@brisallie, love your new/old(not sure really hapitgh ) motto !!!! it's so true !!!

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/20/2012, 4:07 pm

Well the show at the very least confounded my worst expectations by apparently getting Kurt out of Lima by the end of the first episode of season 4. So that is a good thing!
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 8/20/2012, 7:59 pm

tanita_mors wrote:

@brisallie, love your new/old(not sure really hapitgh ) motto !!!! it's so true !!!

Thanks Tanita Smile is kinda new lol (I'm trying to put in practice in RL)

To be honest, slowly my disappointed toward Glee has increased these days. I remember last year I still had the spark and expectations for season 3 but right now...still not even sure if I gonna watch episode one online. If I haven't jumped from this boat is due to Kurt lol well I don't hate that much this show but is not the same as before.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 8/20/2012, 8:53 pm

I know, Brisallie, I used to greatly anticipate Glee starting up, but this year for the first time I can wait. I couldn't wait for the possibilities before, but after so many disappointments, I find I can now wait without problems. I want to see Chris, I want to see Kurt, I might also enjoy some of the other stuff, but with so many others skating through the series, and Kurt paying all the dues, I don't give a crap about ND or NYADA anymore.

Rachel didn't get in because she was a great talent, because frankly, they let Brody in as well, and I am not sure I would consider him "outranking" Kurt's talent. Rachel is there because it is convenient for the writers, they can have sexy dance numbers, to draw in the guys, and because Rachel begged. I still don't think NYADA will continue throughout the series, especially if it is so exclusive, and they bit themselves in the ass to think the fans will accept Blaine getting in if Kurt could not. NYADA to me, is a dead end storyline. I still think both Kurt and Rachel will end up doing off-Broadway, Kurt hopefully still gainfully employed at Vogue.com, Rachel, probably still living off Dad and Dad, much like Santana is living off her Mom.

Even in the shows canon, Kurt is the only one to pull his own weight.

Feeling kind of down on the show, even with the positive rumors, because I have been disappointed so very much for so very long. I will celebrate his victories, but I will always be waiting for something to come and undermine it (Rachel had a bad day), someone to steal it away, or for them simply not to happen. No expectations is the only way for a Kurtsie to watch this show. Only Rachel fans will get even a portion of what they want, and they get so very much it surprises me they think she should have even more. She is already acting against the two of the best actors on the show in Chris and Cory. I am not greedy, I don't expect Kurt to rule every story, or feature every episode, just rule his own stories, and have a story that makes sense. Even that is probably too much to hope for.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/21/2012, 6:23 am

Divalicious wrote:Feeling kind of down on the show, even with the positive rumors, because I have been disappointed so very much for so very long. I will celebrate his victories, but I will always be waiting for something to come and undermine it (Rachel had a bad day), someone to steal it away, or for them simply not to happen. No expectations is the only way for a Kurtsie to watch this show.
(---)
I am not greedy, I don't expect Kurt to rule every story, or feature every episode, just rule his own stories, and have a story that makes sense. Even that is probably too much to hope for.
This, basically.

The bolded is how I look at the Kurt spoilers: no matter how promising they look, I'm waiting for the kick in the gut to happen. It's a reflex by now. :(

I'm still glad that before I watched 'Goodbye' (when I was waiting for the episode to download), I peeked on the forums a bit, to see some reactions. That way I was spolied that Kurt would not get into NYADA. I think seeing Kurt opening that letter without knowing the outcome would have been even more devastating (it still took me half a day to finally bring myself to watch that episode).
I think I'll do the same with every episode next season.

Maybe it won't be fun knowing a lot beforehand, but it's better than waiting on edge for 40+ minutes, anticipating another blow for Kurt at any moment.
Geesh, what has this show become.....

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 8/21/2012, 11:34 am

The same thing for me, I hate spoiling all the moments for myself, but with so many bad moments, you feel you have to prepare yourself. Despite my optimism about Kurt's audition and the fact he won nothing all year long, I still don't trust the show to give anyone not Rachel a real victory. Finn had no destination. Mike got Julliard, mainly to make him disappear, Puck scraped by graduating, Brittney didn't graduate, Santana got money-but no real academic plans, Kurt didn't get his dream. So way to go McKinley, you managed to only really help one ND senior succeed. Tina helped Mike by filing applications for him. Way to encourage students to get higher education. Oh yeah, Mercedes got some back up singing stuff, hard to type right now, I have a persistent kitten thinking my hands would be better used petting him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/21/2012, 12:17 pm

^Smart kitten. Smile

What really irritates me is that out of the 8 seniors only 4 (so half of them) seem to be going to college (presuming that Santana will drop out from cheerleading college soon): Quinn, Mike, Rachel, and Mercedes (part time, as she'll be busy with the backup singer record deal in LA).
Is that a normal percentage in the US? It seems a bit low compared to European standards.

I can understand Finn and Puck not going to college, because they're not the brightest bulb in the house, but Kurt? He's very smart and his father is a Congressman. No way he wouldn't be going to college after high school. The only explanation could be that he will take a Sabbatical year, to boost his resume and apply to (hopefully multiple) musical theater colleges next year.

And I wonder if next year they will let Tina and/or Blaine get into NYADA too?
If Kurt was not allowed to stand in the shadow of Rachel the special star, then I really doubt that they would let Tina, who also always stood in Rachel's shadow, have the success of getting into such a prestigious school as well. And RIB should know by now that Blaine could never cut it as a student at a Broadway college
Spoiler:
(unless they let him sing Britney Spears songs, as they now let Rachel do: a Britney Spears song in a musical theater school!!!).

My bet is that by the end of the year Rachel will have left NYADA.
What a wonderful message that would send, particular to Kurt: Rachel got in over you, begged and clawed her way into that school, taking the spot from some other hardworking girl, while you were humiliated on the road to get there and would do anything to be in her place, but now she doesn't apppreciate it anymore (probably because she will be discovered on Broadway as the big star she is Rolling Eyes), so she simply drops out.
Just like she wanted to defer NYADA for a year to play house with her hubby.
Great, great inspirational message, Glee. dryy

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/21/2012, 1:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:My bet is that by the end of the year Rachel will have left NYADA.
What a wonderful message that would send, particular to Kurt: Rachel got in over you, begged and clawed her way into that school, taking the spot from some other hardworking girl, while you were humiliated on the road to get there and would do anything to be in her place, but now she doesn't apppreciate it anymore (probably because she will be discovered on Broadway as the big star she is Rolling Eyes), so she simply drops out.
Just like she wanted to defer NYADA for a year to play house with her hubby.
Great, great inspirational message, Glee. dryy

I have believed for quite some time that Rachel would not finish out her freshman year at NYADA. They'll come up with some rediculous excuse for her either dropping out (feels stiffled by the curriculum, her talent isn't appreciate by the teachers/students, isn't getting the leads she deserves, etc) or she washes out (just is not able to cut it) and then tries to make it to Broadway under her own steam because it will just be too hard/costly/time consuming to have a major location devoted to a single character. My personal preference (given that we're told that her dance teacher is going to give her hell) is that she flunks out and this is one setback that she just doesn't get a do-over for.

And yeah... it's going to totally suck for Kurt since he would have happily taken Rachel's place if given the chance, but I'm guessing that by the time Rachel drops/washes out he'll be long over NYADA and building his own success. I'd like to see him show some anger at Rachel for squandering the chance that he was denied, but knowing how they like to show Kurt as always being the bigger person, they'll let his own feelings on the matter slide.

And don't get me started on the supposedly best musical theater school in the country that apparently doesn't have any course work actually focusing on either classic or modern musical theater. beam
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/22/2012, 12:58 am

ok, saw this in Glee Senior Book:

almost everyone else is most likely to be this star and that star, but Kurt Hummel's only achievement is "best dressed", which is like no achievement at all. Allow me to randomly shoot everybody who put up this senior book.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top